• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars will be a digital-only release in Europe.

Guymelef

Sep 19, 2007
Spain
http://www.vandal.net/foro/mensaje/800372/psvitapost-oficialcatalogo-de-juegos-y-aplicacionesv30/1142#17129

F**k you SCEE.

US.

I think it's safe to say that Vita sells better in EU than US...

Online petition:
http://www.change.org/es/peticiones/sony-computer-entertainment-europe-scee-bring-freedom-wars-physical-edition-to-europe

Yoshida, Nick Accordino (the SCEA producer), Fred Dutton (EU PSBlog Manager). Shahid is on holiday.
Things we could do :
1.#FreedomWarsEURetailrelease Campaign
2.Contact Yoshida on Twitter
3. Make a petition
people already flooding the comment section of the playstation eu blog.
Edith: Haha, Shahid is still on hiatus?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
I am digital only on Vita - last retail game i bought was Persona 4 Golden. Still sad to see a big budget first party game not having a retail presence.

CaptainTiptop

Nov 15, 2012
Hampshire, UK
I would import but Soul Sacrifice got a bunch of DLC so Freedom Wars might, too.

Digital-only is okay as long as the pricing is fair, but it's Europe so it won't be.

Yo93

Apr 9, 2013
This shitty support is really getting worse and worse.
Let the rights to publish the game to NISA, they could handle it better.
Meanwhile this thing got physical release:

Good Job Sony.

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Complain. Seriously. I remember when it looked like Gravity Rush was going to be PSN exclusive in EU too. Freedom Wars has an online pass, so EU folk can't import.

Mar 16, 2014
Canada
twitter.com
Oh wow, really? Come on this is an internal game, they even went as far as calling it a game that's "as triple A as it gets" at E3... Yet it doesn't deserve a physical release.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
Complain. Seriously. I remember when it looked like Gravity Rush was going to be PSN exclusive in EU too. Freedom Wars has an online pass, so EU folk can't import.
I thought we were out of the online pass-gaming ghetto

Mass_Pincup

Banned
Feb 25, 2014
Paris
Damn Sony really want to kill the Vita isnt it ? Freedom wars not getting a physical release when stuff like Playstation vita pets do is criminal.

LAA

Apr 19, 2013
Wah yeah. I keep forgetting this is first party. Wow no retail... Well thankful I at least can get the game. Doesn't matter so much to me as long as pricing is fair.

Damn Sony really want to kill the Vita isnt it ? Freedom wars not getting a physical release when stuff like Playstation vita pets do is criminal.
Damn yeah, that sucks.

Past

Jan 12, 2014
Man, Sony really don't have any confident on the game in the West. Barely any advertisements (should've been shown at E3 at the very least), $30 price tag, no english dub.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jun 6, 2004
PS Vita Pets didnt get retail release in America, so I guess this is payback, ha

Phamit

Jul 24, 2013
Hopefully the game is releasing in october so i can get it at a christmas or January sale cheaper

Guymelef

Sep 19, 2007
Spain
Oh it appears I already had it pre-ordered through VGP for less than 25 euro, a real release, and cheaper. Fellow Europeans that don't tolerate this digital only practice should order elsewhere as well.
The problem is... thanks to online pass + one account per system = not import friendly.

Mailbox

May 3, 2014
Canada
That truly sucks for the Eu (though at least they are getting it :) )

Great to hear about a retail release for the Americas :D

Occam

Oct 15, 2013
So SCEE really doesn't want my money. US import it is, then.

I just mentioned it in another thread, Vita 2000 (PCH-2000) still isn't available in most of Europe (except for the UK).
Whoever is responsible for the way PS Vita is handled in Europe does not deserve his or her job.

PS.
64GB memory cards STILL aren't available outside of Asia, which once more forced me to import instead of buying locally. FFS, Sony.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Mar 7, 2013
In space
So digital only, on-line pass and may have DLC? Sony can duck right off with that crap as I am not buying the game period.

I am starting to regret going with an European account on my Vita.

Napalm_Frank

Jun 27, 2011
Finland
Glad I have been 100% digital from day 1 on Vita. Sucks for those who want retail but at least you can import the US version, unless there is some problems with DLC and whatnot?