Freespace 2 [$2.99 GOG Weekend Sale, ends April 16] - Lets do this GAF

One of the best space sim I've ever played. What I'd do to get a true sequel.

Those going in gotta try it with the graphic mods. Looks awesome with the mods.

Is anyone still making any good joysticks ?

And do they even work in games like Freespace ? I remember i used to connect my joystick to sound card back when this game was hot novelty.

Man, that game brings me back. FS1 and 2 were two of the best space sims I've ever seen.

How does it control with kb&m? IS there a way to use it with a xbox controller?
I wouldn't know about k&m but a 360 controller shouldn't be a problem. I managed to get an original xbox controller and a steel battalion controller working with the game back in the day.

Best PC joystick ever

Amazing game, I still remember back in the day when I saw the first beam cannons being shot by the capital ships. I might still have the box somewhere I need to find it.

Right Gaf these games kick ass and I'd advise you to check them out if you have not already :)

Kingpin: Life of Crime
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Sacrifice
Messiah

I'm buying all loved playing them growing up, get a small tear thinking about good times I had with them :)

Man, that game brings me back. FS1 and 2 were two of the best space sims I've ever seen.

I wouldn't know about k&m but a 360 controller shouldn't be a problem. I managed to get an original xbox controller and a steel battalion controller working with the game back in the day.

Best PC joystick ever
holy shit dude.

holy shit.

Honestly, I've had trouble getting into Freespace. I think I might not like the genre much in general (outside of the original Elite games, maybe), but I've only ever tried with keyboard+mouse or a 360 pad.

I have one of those beasts now, as of last year. And I have my Windows 7 PC painstakingly set up with custom Xbox controller drivers already. And I have adapters for Xbox 1 to standard USB.

This might have to happen.

The Bab5 mod was made, i played it and it was good. I think it was called the babylon project.

If you want a mod to play you play INFERNO and thank me later.

And i don't know if the site has been maintained but this was the place to go for all Freespace 2 mods

http://www.hard-light.net/

How does it control with kb&m? IS there a way to use it with a xbox controller?
Controls quite well with the mouse. Works with the X360 controller. I have tried both these methods myself.

I guess a Joystick is preferable though. Don't let that stop you, I played the game through with only keyboard controls back in the day. That is probably the worst way to play it, but the game was so good it didn't matter.