• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

French retailer lists Monster Hunter 4 for december in EU

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This seems sincerly impossible. It should be 2014.

EDIT: Especially considering how MH3U released just 3 months ago.

Okay, assuming this is true;

October - Pokemon X/Y
November - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
December - Monster Hunter 4

The gift that keeps on giving!

This seems sincerly impossible. It should be 2014.

EDIT: Especially considering how MH3U released just 3 months ago.

If MH3U did well over in the West it might have given them more motivation to release it sooner.

javac

Maybe the timely MH3 EU promotion they had recently was to increase the potential fan base for the franchise before MH4.

Mpl90

Yeah, maybe MH3U Western sales convinced them to bring it sooner, but I strongly feel it's going to be a 2014 release, with Nintendo helping them in promoting it at least here in Europe. Fall/Holiday for 3DS is already packed as hell, 2014 is much better for its commercial success.

EDIT: And it'd be actually much more useful in 2014, for hardware sales (for what it's possible). MH4 in 2013 would just be too much, 3DS needs a good lineup in 2014. Yes, there are unannounced games obviously (Kirby!), and they said they're helping in bringing other Japanese titles with good potential saleswise over here, but still, much better in 2014.

9b0582bf5655b2d0aee1c3f195785421.jpg

But I really doubt it LMAO XD

Highly doubtful that it's coming that early, but I believe FNAC is at least more credible than certain other European online retailers when it comes to not pulling listings out of their asses based on rumor/speculation.

Kacho

Gold Member
That is way too early for a MH4 western release. We'll see it in the summer or fall of 2014 at the earliest.

Mpl90

Highly doubtful that it's coming that early, but I believe FNAC is at least more credible than certain other European online retailers when it comes to not pulling listings out of their asses based on rumor/speculation.

Yes, FNAC is believable. This is why I believe it's coming. Just, not this December XD

Maybe the timely MH3 EU promotion they had recently was to increase the potential fan base for the franchise before MH4.
Of course it was. It's probably part of the deal to secure mh on nintendo platforms, nintendo try to make the franchise popular in the west, something sony did not want to do. But 2013 is too soon. There are enough games already.

javac

Of course it was. It's probably part of the deal to secure mh on nintendo platforms, nintendo try to make the franchise popular in the west, something sony did not want to do. But 2013 is too soon. There are enough games already.

I guess the fact that the game is already technically available on Wii for a while and on Wii U... I guess it's not too much of a problem? Hopefully all this 2013 love means 2014 is going to be extra special! :0

Mpl90

I've seen Yoshi's New Island slated for December 2013 too, while Bayonetta is slated for March 2014.

Since MK8 comes out next Spring, what if the "December 2013" are for the Spring '14 titles, while March 2014 is for titles coming after March/April?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take this as a sign if the game coming to the west at some point, not that it will release in december

Madouu

There's too much to play on Nintendo platforms from now until the end of 2013 without even factoring the other platforms so my selfish me would be pretty happy if it's set for 2014. I still have at least 100 hours of MH3U still left to play too...

It's obvious it's coming though.

Kyoufu

Capcom have been rather slow at localisations for MH so I'm not expecting it until late 2014 or early 2015.

Mlatador

Banned
Call me crazy, but wouldn't this be too much for this year? Yes, I'm actually complaining about too many (great) games on the 3DS - seriously.

Kyoufu

Hoping for a Wii U Monster Hunter 4... built from the ground up for Wii U. Am I expecting too much? :(

Yes, since MH4 is built for 3DS and MH4G will also be built for 3DS.

If you mean a new MH for Wii U, then yes you're still expecting too much because as it stands, Wii U sales are pitiful.

The best you'll get is HD up-res of MH4G whenever that becomes a thing.

Hoping for a Wii U Monster Hunter 4... built from the ground up for Wii U. Am I expecting too much? :(

I too want this. Very, very much. Alas, it probably won't happen. Maybe we'll see Monster Hunter 5 built for an HD console, but that'll be yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssssssssss from now.

MH4 looks much more "next-gen" than MH3U, an HD Ver would look nice on Wii U.

...You mean gameplay-wise?

Mpl90

Yes, since MH4 is built for 3DS and MH4G will also be built for 3DS.

If you mean a new MH for Wii U, then yes you're still expecting too much because as it stands, Wii U sales are pitiful.

The best you'll get is HD up-res of MH4G whenever that becomes a thing.

Given the current Wii U status, there are much more possibilities to see MH4G HD Version being launched on the next Nintendo handheld.

Top Bottom