• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

The spawn preference is definitely bugged. I set my preference as Jason when I first got the game. Had it that way for two weeks and never spawned as Jason. Set it back to no preference or whatever the neutral option was and spawned as Jason like 3 games later. I’m actually surprised more people haven’t mentioned this.

Preference just supposed to change the chance of getting one roll of the other, but it's supposed to still be random.

As for being Jason and the preference setting, it's probably pointless and should be removed when likely everyone has it set to Jason as their preference, making it useless.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Clothing pictures of Spring break 1984

Information about the rain

Part IV information

1fk4tlv8cqlz.jpg

Maligna

Banned
Spot mini opinion poll: Considering this game in its current state, I can buy physical for £24

Worth it?

Even with the bugs I think it's worth it. It's all I've been playing for a month straight.

And I'm not even a crazy Friday fan. (Although now I'm becoming one)

I heard some guy talking about Part 4 Jason while playing the game yesterday, he seemed to believe that he'd be able to sprint, AND have destruction ala Part 8. I thought to myself at the time that he was probably full of shit, and that's looking to be the case. The way he mentioned this info was like it was factual information he had learned from some reputable source...

I felt that a Jason who could run and also had destruction as a perk would potentially be extremely OP, unless maybe the destruction was to a lesser extent or something. Obviously he can't sprint after all, and maybe he won't have destruction either. I have to admit a Jason who could run and destroy doors quickly would be my new main Jason unless he had some truly awful weaknesses, which I doubt would be the case.

--

Weirdest mindfuck of a glitch ever yesterday, playing with two friends late at night (actually, it was just one and another spectating our game) as everyone else had left, I was AJ and my friend was Jason. Tried to get the phone fixed at Higgin's Haven, only to realise he was standing in front of the actual phone upstairs, I stunned him with bat/flare gun/shotgun to no avail as it never knocked him down, so he would be stunned but still standing right in front of it - lol.

I ended up getting one of the cars ready instead, and just as I reached the exit I somehow turned the car over on its side as I was literally going through the exit and had basically "escaped" for all intents and purposes. Suddenly I respawned on the porch at the main house where the aforementioned phone was, the timer that appeared for a few seconds said there was about 6:30 left, and AJ said something like "I've got to get out of here now" like she would at the start of a game.

I looked around and noticed that both me and my Jason friend were appearing as triangles on the mini map, instead of the white circle or red X that would normally represent counselor/Jason. I ran over to where he was, and he had pulled my original AJ out of the car at the exit presumably and they were in that stuck glitch that you normally need to get hit by another counsellor or walk to water to release from. I tried to hit "them" to no avail and my poor unlucky AJ's weapon broke almost immediately, yay, so I went to find something else and found some firecrackers. I dropped them next to Jason and that caused them to separate. It now said 0/2 instead of 0/1 at the end of the game when I suicided to end it as it seemed like Jason couldn't grab the "new" me for some reason. It was fucking weird.

Also, I changed my spawn preference to counselor for about 24 hours. I was never Jason except for when it was a game with only one or two other people playing (and it's very likely at least one of those people also had their preference set to counselor). I had read claims that setting it to counselor would increase the rate you got to be Jason, but that definitely wasn't the case for me, played for like 3-4 hours today in a full lobby and wasn't Jason once. Weirdly I wasn't him after changing it back for quite a while either.

People seem to be finding Pamela tapes much more frequently in the last few days, I found my first one 2-3 days ago (#7, eep) and three friends found their first (and second/third in one case) this week also. Today I found my second one in the 2nd drawer I opened a few seconds into a game. It was on Crystal Lake at the repair shop (not that the map/location matters as far as I know, but anyway).

Came across the most unpleasant piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure of playing this game with a few days ago. He had been in a lobby of mine days earlier and I didn't think anything of him at the time, other than he had music playing through his mic which is pretty annoying. This time he came into the lobby and one of my friends was talking, the guy goes "hey, can you hear me" (sounding very normal/down to earth), as soon as my friend responded the guy changes his tone completely and starts calling him a faggot and telling him that he "hopes his mum dies", then that he "hopes his mum's dead, faggot" etc. I muted him at that point.

When I was Jason, he was at the big house on Higgin's Haven and jumped out the window then tried to do the same thing a second time, I threw a knife at him stopping the window animation and then proceeded to slash at him until he died, yay. After he was Jason and got 8/8 (took almost the whole 20 minutes to do so and was far from "good" at Jasoning as I like to call it), I killed the lobby about 3 milliseconds before the XP screen - fuck that cunt. The next day he joined a lobby of mine again but left right away, a wise decision.

Really looking forward to all the new content, hoping for some sort of update (even a minor one) before October 13th, but happy enough to wait if we get the new map/Jason etc in just under a month.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Spot mini opinion poll: Considering this game in its current state, I can buy physical for £24

Worth it?

Every penny. It may still be buggy and doesn't have that much content yet, but it's still a phenomenal experience when a match clicks, and everyone is having a killer blast.

Seems like a lot of content to put out by Halloween, no?

I imagine lot of it comes together in single update. Part 4 jason, the new house map, and the new kills I would think come out at the same time as they go together. They are probably just making it look like more by putting it that way in the graphic, but most of its probably gonna be in a patch or 2.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/10913-single-player-news-dlc-roadmap/

Hey everyone,

I know we have been pretty quiet in terms of the Xbox not getting patches or being delayed but it is really because there happens to be no good answer we can give the community that fixes the problem with delays. The reality is that, as of right now, the cert process on Xbox takes the longest of the platforms and if something happens it starts the process over again.

Here is a timeline of the last month and where we are now...

Through most of August we were dealing with the Memory Leak issue that was causing Xbox players to crash consistently. It took weeks to track down the issue and took a majority of our engineering resources. We also got engineering support from outside sources as well. By mid-end of August we were able to go into cert with the memory leak fixed but ended up failing because of lobby issues and a few other crashes/stability. While it was far more stable that the July patch, the right call was to fix the issues. At the end of August we released the patch that is currently live on Xbox. We got a ton of great feedback and were able to resolve a number of bugs quickly which we were then able to roll out on PS4 and PC but ended up getting blocked on Xbox.

I know you are not going to like this answer but the patch was blocked by the Disc Build that was going through cert. Aside from time, for Xbox, we can only have one thing in cert at a time so we had to wait for it to clear. Disc cert was a little different as well, we had to first submit the exclusive DLC content in one cert and then the disc version that had the game and DLC as a bundle in a subsequent cert. There were no failures in cert but we did bottleneck ourselves with multiple back-to-back certifications for a couple of weeks.

So as of today, we are clear and finalizing the next patch internally which I posted about here along with a couple of notes on issues we have addressed: http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/10636-state-of-the-camp-sept-7th-2017/

Again, there is nothing we can do about the cert process but right now we are moving forward with bug fixing rolling at ASAP on any platform but new content coming out together on all three platforms. This is still tough to do but this is what we are going to attempt.

That being said;

Let's talk about single player. Currently we are behind on the Summer date. There are number of reasons why this is, but it all boils down to making sure we are not releasing new content while still having issues with the core game. There were a number of issues we needed to address with the games stability prior to committing additional resources to making Single Player happen. We now feel we have turned that corner and have doubled down on Single Player to try and catch up.

We have hired additional people, are working with contractors and even diverted others working on other tasks to help. We have also decided to take a look at Single Player and we are breaking it into a number of different experiences that can be released independent of one another. This way as soon as one thing is done we can launch it without having to wait on everything else.

I also want to address the misconception that certain content we launch affects single player. It doesn't. An artist working on outfits is not the same person that is programming AI. The designer setting up scripted events for single player is not making the new Jason models. What does impact Single Player are the bugs and stability issues; that AI programmer may have to shift to fixing a bug occasionally. The designer may have to shift to fix balance or gameplay bugs on maps. This is why we are delayed. We made the decision to fix rather than add new stuff which again, is what caused the delay.

-Gertz

Virtual cabin coming to consoles

Man this roadmap sounds so promising. Too bad this game seems to be more dead and abandoned as Battleborn on PS4.

And if you find a game, in 90% of all cases it's the scum of the earth that plays in it.
Glitcher, bug user, people who doesn't care about any teamwork or little children. Almost every single game.

It's fascinating, somehow Friday the 13th has become the gutter of gaming.

so, any pc users still play this? i joined the steam group but people don't hardly play anymore

I'm usually availible around 8pm est-midnight.
steam:unknownhero1123

I had a fairly unpleasant experience playing this game two days ago, and it's weighing on my mind a little bit in that I feel like I should have dealt with it better and nipped the situation in the bud, the more I think about it the more I feel like the other person involved was very much in the wrong and should have been held more accountable.

Basically, I was playing for a few hours on Friday and all was good. I was host, had a perfectly good full lobby going for a fair while - no issues whatsoever. This guy who is on my friends list and plays with the same group of people that I regularly play with came online and asked for an invite. I happily backed out of the lobby into the party which had one spot left so that he could join. This guy had generally seemed okay to me in the past, having played with him quite a few times. I had noticed little things like how he would sometimes escape in the 4 seater alone or with one friend and leave several people behind, in fact about two days before this "incident" occurred he left in the blue car minutes into the game without picking a single other person up (I and another friend wanted to stay because it would have been boring to escape immediately, but I doubt the rest of the lobby felt the same way). I remember he ragequit once when he had got 0 kills and people were escaping. Whatever, I still thought he was decent enough regardless of things like that, which I'm only mentioning to help put his bullshit little meltdown towards me into perspective.

In the first game after I backed out so he could join, this annoying narcissistic moron who I had recently blocked joined on the waiting for players screen. This guy would glitch and cheat in various ways constantly, send PM's asking to form alliances, he literally yelled "THE GAME IS STILL BROKEN" over and over again one day after he got killed by me then said that his headset now has a huge dent in it after he threw it at the wall. He used to PM me messages like "U tryhard as jason no skill", to which I'd reply "omg totes" or "uh huh" or simply "ok". The last few times I had played with him and I was Jason, he quit as soon as the kill begun, the first time he joined back before it ended and PM'd me "Crashed", then when the game ended he was like "That was the worst Jason I've ever seen". Oh noes, my Jasoning abilities are under attack. The most recent time, he had joined with a bunch of random people in a party and he did the "leave with party" thing during the kill so suddenly half the lobby vanished, though most of them were dead already. After that I said fuck this and blocked the guy for the second time, only this time knowing it'll stay that way because fuck associating in any way with people who exist on that miserable ego-driven level of consciousness. I'd seen this same person run over several random people for no reason in a lobby where I was playing on a different account and he didn't know it was me spectating.

That's where I got the idea that if the opportunity presented itself, it'd be funny to run him over when he joined at the last second the other day. Didn't make it a priority to do so or anything silly like that, I just thought to myself that maybe that obnoxious little cunt would get his comeuppance at last!

I happened to find the car keys and battery a few minutes into the game, I headed to the blue car as Chad and an AJ who was probably the little shit in question was putting in the gas but inexplicably ran away when I got near the car with the battery. Knowing how he plays this game, I guess that he thought that I'd fuck up trying to put the battery in as Chad and I'd be killed and then he'd come and get the car started.
I put the battery in and despite messing up once or twice, Jason never showed up, so I jumped in the car even though I had no weapon, pocket knives/firecrackers etc.

I wanted to pick up the guy who I basically considered a friend, and who I'd heard speak disparagingly before about the aforementioned annoying cunt who had also joined. I drove up near the repair shop and both my "friend" and the moron I had blocked were there, but they were too near each other for me to run over one without hitting the other and needless to say it wasn't worth taking that risk. Jason was right there the whole time constantly about a metre away from the car which I didn't stop for longer than maybe a second at a time as I had nothing to defend myself with if grabbed, not that I give a shit if I get killed in the game generally speaking, but that would fuck up my "run idiot over" plan.

The guy I'd blocked earlier last week after the 473rd instance of extreme fuckery that I was no longer willing to overlook, had a shotgun. He had it the whole time that Jason was right at the car, but never shot Jason with it, perhaps he was waiting for me to be grabbed and die. I drove around in that little space avoiding Jason for about 60 seconds while my "friend" and his long lost siamese twin (henceforth known as gunboy) tried to avoid getting killed. The one who didn't have the gun had a decent melee weapon. He tried to hit Jason but it didn't stun him, he got grabbed and died. The end of his precious video game life, woe is he. As this was happening, he says in a really angry tone of voice "Yeah that's right isn't it mate, you're a fuckhead. Not you _____" (blank line is gunboy's gamertag). Then he died and ragequit immediately after. The car glitched and I couldn't get out so I quit the lobby and went to the group message that my supposed friend was part of and explained that I had no weapon or pocket knives etc. and calling me a fuckhead and quitting the game seemed a bit over the top.

The guy replied saying sorry and that he's just frustrated about the glitching, I guess he meant that his weapon didn't stun Jason, I dunno - either way it's a shit excuse for lashing out at someone he knows nothing about beyond my gamertag and the fact I play the same video game as him. I accepted his apology which part of me regrets in hindsight because it really seems like he was just trying to maintain a good impression with the rest of the group.
I apologised for not stopping the car since doing so would have equalled certain death for my poor defenseless Chaddy, meanwhile that other irritating cunt is standing there with a shotgun but choosing not to use it. I guess he'd have to have known that the logical progression from the last game I played with him was that I was going to try and run him over, oh well.

The couple of times I've played with the guy who lashed out at me since then, I get the distinct feeling he still has some sort of grudge against me despite him saying that he was sorry right after. Part of me really wants to lay into him and verbally destroy his whole invalid point of view with facts such as that he's a far more selfish player in the game than I have ever been, he regularly escapes alone and at times gets salty when things don't go his way. Meanwhile, I barely give the slightest hint of a fuck if I survive as long as the game is fun and I can do something beneficial for the others in the process, i.e. the 100+ traps I've tanked while playing in the last 3-4 weeks alone, all the objectives I fix even if I die in the process or shortly after. I once got the boat ready and then waited at it for about 4 minutes until this guy made it there, then I escaped with him. I feel pathetic even mentioning any of this shit tbh, but it just pisses me off how the guy suddenly acts like I've wronged him, or anyone for that matter, in some way.

I do all the tanking traps/repairing shit mostly because it feels good to help out others, not for some selfish "Must escape the big bad scary video game monster to the detriment of all others" reasons. If there are already 4 people near the car I will always say fuck it and let them escape rather than make it awkward, I'd rather stay and fuck Jason up most of the time anyway. There's also the reality that none of this shit matters at all (I know that me mentioning all of this game related shit might suggest that I do give a fuck, but I do so to provide some perspective, that's all), if you're crying because your video game life has been unfairly ended then you should consider yourself lucky that you apparently don't have any real problems. I know it isn't that simple, but fuck all of these sad motherfuckers who incessantly complain about every little thing whether it's ping or (unintentional) glitches or whatever other excuse they can conjure up in their deluded little minds.

I was playing with the same guy later that day and it was pretty obvious when he was Jason that his apology was bullshit as he zoned in on me to a ridiculous degree and eventually caught me after a few minutes of relentless chasing while most of the others were still alive. Since then, I've just picked up on little things like no acknowledgment whatsoever when I do something like run the battery and gas to the car, tank the traps and die, then post in the group message to let them know that the parts just need to be put in by someone with better repair than a dead Chad. I seriously think maybe part of it is just that I've started playing as Chad a lot in the last few weeks when I used to play as AJ 95% of the time, perhaps he's projecting some of Chad's assholeishness onto me? I dunno.

Fuck this is a longwinded message and it probably seems ridiculous that I'm going into this much detail or even give a fuck that some more or less random person called me a fuckhead, but I guess it was because I had thought of him as a friend until recently, and he had never really shown signs of taking issue with me (though the day before, I'd barely eaten all day and by around 6pm got some awesome food that needed my undivided attention. I was afk for maybe 10 minutes in one game but I was sitting there the whole time and at one point he walked past me in game and goes "(my name), what are ya doin' man", sounding mildly annoyed, as though I was just standing around in my spawn spot for the fuck of it.

I'm extremely sensitive I guess, and things that others would brush off can really fuck with me in ways that they shouldn't. It's pretty dumb really when most of the other guys in the same group are constantly saying that I'm "the best" (the way this is phrased makes me sound David Brentian as fuck, I know) and a legend, champion etc. that I'd let it get to me that one person might have some sort of issue with me.

About two weeks from now it'll be a year on from when I cut contact with this girl who had borderline personality disorder. I was insanely in love with her and it was the most crushing thing I'd ever experienced in my life until I knew I had to cut her off or I would basically not have survived. There was a day last August where she was staying with me and I said something that I immediately regretted (nothing mean or anything, just stupid/poorly thought out), she looked at me with such anger and contempt in her eyes and said "You're a fuckhead", and it hurt a lot. I don't know how much this has to do with that guy saying basically the same thing in the game fucking with my head so much, part of me thinks it has a lot to do with it, and another part feels like I'd still be very hurt by it regardless of if the other thing had ever happened, so I don't know really. I did feel pretty shitty for the rest of the day in a way that reminded me of how I often felt when I still had contact with her.

This game came out at such a perfect time for me as it was coming up to about a year from when shit started getting real that time last year, and I knew it would be a struggle to be constantly reminded "Oh today is such and such date, a year on from blah", every week or so. I had been depressed a lot up until around late May this year (I have bipolar) then suddenly I felt fucking awesome almost all of the time. Yay. I have moderate to severe social anxiety and am crippled by neurosis when it comes to interacting with people on a day to day basis. I guess part of why I love this game (aside from being a fan of the franchise for as long as I can remember) is because of all the different people you come across who can be as entertaining as the game itself. Granted there are many annoying morons but I've come across lots of cool people as well. I'm an introvert to the degree that I don't ever really get "lonely" as such, but playing this game with other people and getting to know them on some level has been comforting to me in a way.

This post is way too long and probably weird af that I even bothered, but I felt the need to vent. Even if noone reads it, doesn't really matter I guess.

Basically if that guy keeps giving me that feeling then I'll probably just have to stop playing with him altogether and block him for good even if it means I don't play with any of the other people he does. The thing I'm more concerned about is that I'll "snap" and send some gigantic wall of text rant telling him he's a lowlife piece of shit who should fuck off and die etc. Not that I really believe that per se, but the small, petty, hateful part of me may lean that way when I feel like I've been treated unjustly.

Tl;dr: actual fuckhead angrily calls me a fuckhead in game, my feelings are immediately hospitalised with severe hurtyitis, he apologises and I accept and try to brush the whole thing off, only to find that this guy still harbours some sort of (imho) unwarranted grudge. My bipolar keeps telling me "off with his head! Make him regret ever being a stupid fuckhead scumbag motherfucker in the first place! Tell him how you really feel! MAKE HIM CUT HIS WRISTS IN A HOT BATH!!!!! >:D ", and the rest of me is like "Now now... he's probably not a bad person as such, he just has poor impulse control or an anger management issue, perhaps he could do with a lesson in perspective so that he may one day learn that his first world problems ain't shit, either way... you should spare him"

(The mention of first world problems is admittedly a tad ironic given I just wrote a longwinded rant about an online gaming session gone horribly wrong)

Fuck that guy, basically.

jviggy43

Booted up the game after a few weeks off due to destiny and a new season of OW. Get Jason first game, killing everyone. Go to kill host, black screen, session ended due to host quiting.

How is this STILL an issue. Either fucking move to dedicated servers or patch this shit.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Booted up the game after a few weeks off due to destiny and a new season of OW. Get Jason first game, killing everyone. Go to kill host, black screen, session ended due to host quiting.

How is this STILL an issue. Either fucking move to dedicated servers or patch this shit.
October is the time frame for that, we'll see though.

If you're on the PS4, you should join the usual GAF group that plays. Everyone seems pretty cool for the most part.

Thanks for the heads up about the GAF group, I just rejoined it a moment ago - only thing is that since I'm in Australia the lag in most overseas lobbies is often not worth it, I'd be lucky to get about 324ms at the lowest and once it's above maybe 350 it's pretty bad and disconnects can happen quite frequently, so I mostly play with other Aus people for that reason.

Some US lobbies are surprisingly playable though which is always a pleasant surprise haha, I'll definitely join the odd lobby through the GAF group and see how it goes.

I remember it seemed a bit quiet on there when I used to be a member, it could probably be a lot more active if more people invited their friends to join the community, that's how the Aus communities have grown a bit recently.

Tonight that annoying guy (not the one who lost his shit and got all angry at me the other day) I blocked joined a lobby with me and my friends playing, I was Jason 3 and slashed him to death while he was desperately trying to suicide by climbing in and out a broken window, he ragequit immediately after. He said in his ridiculously whiny voice that he hates me and regrets ever adding me and talking to me, called me an "old cunt" and said he hopes I die in real life, lol.

It sounded like he was on the verge of tears, I actually felt a little bit sorry for him as he's younger than me and I liked him when he wasn't being an overcompetitive moron. I feel like he has potential to grow into a much better person when he's older so I tried to just ignore all his awful character defects and give positive reinforcement for the odd decent thing he did. I gave him so many chances to not be a conniving little cunt though and he clearly isn't ready for that, so I don't feel too bad about it overall. It must suck to have an ego so fragile and an identity so false and easily threatened that the simple act of losing in a video game is so upsetting. I think he may even develop NPD based on how he acts when he plays this game, one time when he ragequit as I killed him then messaged me lying that the game "crashed" I was going to reply and ask him if he has an actual personality disorder or is he just a fuckhead, but I thought better to just ignore his message completely.

I'm really looking forward to all the new content, especially new map, Jason, counselors. And dat Tiffany ayyyuss in a bikini shall be rather dope also.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Thanks for the heads up about the GAF group, I just rejoined it a moment ago - only thing is that since I'm in Australia the lag in most overseas lobbies is often not worth it, I'd be lucky to get about 324ms at the lowest and once it's above maybe 350 it's pretty bad and disconnects can happen quite frequently, so I mostly play with other Aus people for that reason.

Some US lobbies are surprisingly playable though which is always a pleasant surprise haha, I'll definitely join the odd lobby through the GAF group and see how it goes.

I remember it seemed a bit quiet on there when I used to be a member, it could probably be a lot more active if more people invited their friends to join the community, that's how the Aus communities have grown a bit recently.

Tonight that annoying guy (not the one who lost his shit and got all angry at me the other day) I blocked joined a lobby with me and my friends playing, I was Jason 3 and slashed him to death while he was desperately trying to suicide by climbing in and out a broken window, he ragequit immediately after. He said in his ridiculously whiny voice that he hates me and regrets ever adding me and talking to me, called me an "old cunt" and said he hopes I die in real life, lol.

It sounded like he was on the verge of tears, I actually felt a little bit sorry for him as he's younger than me and I liked him when he wasn't being an overcompetitive moron. I feel like he has potential to grow into a much better person when he's older so I tried to just ignore all his awful character defects and give positive reinforcement for the odd decent thing he did. I gave him so many chances to not be a conniving little cunt though and he clearly isn't ready for that, so I don't feel too bad about it overall. It must suck to have an ego so fragile and an identity so false and easily threatened that the simple act of losing in a video game is so upsetting. I think he may even develop NPD based on how he acts when he plays this game, one time when he ragequit as I killed him then messaged me lying that the game "crashed" I was going to reply and ask him if he has an actual personality disorder or is he just a fuckhead, but I thought better to just ignore his message completely.

I'm really looking forward to all the new content, especially new map, Jason, counselors. And dat Tiffany ayyyuss in a bikini shall be rather dope also.

Is that the normal GAF Community or is there on for F13? as my usual group has turned to being dicks and I would like some fun chill people to play with
It's not so much the PS4 Community thing on PSN, but guys from this thread. Namely, Voorhees, Ronin, and Spman2099 just to name a few.

I haven't had much time to play, so I'm not sure how active they still are.

Man this roadmap sounds so promising. Too bad this game seems to be more dead and abandoned as Battleborn on PS4.

And if you find a game, in 90% of all cases it's the scum of the earth that plays in it.
Glitcher, bug user, people who doesn't care about any teamwork or little children. Almost every single game.

It's fascinating, somehow Friday the 13th has become the gutter of gaming.

I played on both Xbox One and PS4 over the weekend. Xbox was almost completely dead. I think the most people I saw in one match was 5.

PS4 was better, but yeah, lots of screeching little kids. Had lots of matches that started with a full session but then 2-3 people drop right after starting when they saw that they weren't Jason.

Then there was the other extreme of a few Jasons just walking around not even trying, along with your standard counselors helping Jason.

Can't wait for single player/ bots.

I played on both Xbox One and PS4 over the weekend. Xbox was almost completely dead. I think the most people I saw in one match was 5.

PS4 was better, but yeah, lots of screeching little kids. Had lots of matches that started with a full session but then 2-3 people drop right after starting when they saw that they weren't Jason.

Then there was the other extreme of a few Jasons just walking around not even trying, along with your standard counselors helping Jason.

Can't wait for single player/ bots.

Honestly, if you're not using clubs and LFG on Xbox or communities on PS4 for this game, quickplay/matchmaking is generally guaranteed to be a bad time. I have no confidence that the devs are going to ever work out how to make random matching work.

Is matchmaking bromen on xbone. Played a few games with friends earlier great fun

Not so much broken as much as it is ill-equipped to consistently put together a group of players who all use mics and are interested in playing the game as it was meant to be played. It will match you with randoms fine, IME. Joining the various F13-playing clubs is far superior to the completely blind matching of quickplay.

MattyH

Not so much broken as much as it is ill-equipped to consistently put together a group of players who all use mics and are interested in playing the game as it was meant to be played. It will match you with randoms fine, IME. Joining the various F13-playing clubs is far superior to the completely blind matching of quickplay.

Tbf we was playing private matches to get a feel for the game and the mechanics

I don't think they ever specified whether new Jasons will free or paid. Only that the maps will be free.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they charged for Jasons. Dead by Daylight does it with their killers. Except each new killer comes with a new survivor as well as new perks for each.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm already done with F13th and Gun Media, but the least they could do is make single player + offline modes all free as they once said. Their reputation is in tarnish for me to care about all this extra paid DLC now though.
Single player update is still free.

They can fuck right off if they start charging for Jasons.
That was always the plan from what was initially said, as Maps and the single player update were the only things that were always specified to be free. Whether Part IV will still be paid DLC is unclear at the moment though.

Top Bottom