• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Can anyone explain for me how matchmaking works in this game? Can you matchmake into public games as a party? If you do can one person be Jason while the rest of your team plays as counselors? Evolve blocked anyone in a party from being the monster which put me off that game so I'm curious if they went a similar route with Friday the 13th.
You matchmake with a party and still be selected as Jason.

GravyButt

Don't know wether to get this on ps4 or xb1. Will have friends on both systems but haven't heard anything really on the ps4.

I'm avoiding the subreddit like the plague. The toxicity there is ridiculous.

You would think fans of an 80's slasher classic would be older than 12 and be able to appreciate the hard work that goes into game development and distribution but apparently not.

Severance

I'm a bit hyped for release, I can't wait to try this game out. It seems like some solid late night fun to come back to, especially with friends! I'm not sure what to expect from the longevity of Friday the 13th, but there aren't too many games in the genre. We'll see where the adventure takes me.

I know there's been some controversy over Twitch streamers getting early access, while backers have not. I personally wouldn't be pre-loading it on Steam as we speak if it wasn't for the Twitch streams. The kickstarter flew under my radar. So I'm thankful!

The anger is kinda silly but I do understand if people are slightly annoyed that, as a backer, they don't even get to pre-load the game like someone who just dropped $40 today can (and play instantly).

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The anger is kinda silly but I do understand if people are slightly annoyed that, as a backer, they don't even get to pre-load the game like someone who just dropped $40 today can (and play instantly).
To be fair though, those who are angry that they can't pre load would be even angrier if the game were delayed another whole month just to allow preloading.

I didn't realize this would be released on steam in like an hour and 45 minutes.. I'm gonna have a late late night tonight. RIP me at work tomorrow morning.

Is controller still going to be the ideal way to play? Or is mouse and keyboard working better on release? Anyone know?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I didn't realize this would be released on steam in like an hour and 45 minutes.. I'm gonna have a late late night tonight. RIP me at work tomorrow morning.

Is controller still going to be the ideal way to play? Or is mouse and keyboard working better on release? Anyone know?
Every stream I've seen so far recommended using a controller.

Downloading now on Aus PSN.

Really been looking forward to this. I don't even care if it's glitchy etc as long as it's fun and brutal.

I have fond memories of secretly watching Friday the 13th movies with my older brother when I was around 8-10. If my mum was home I'd be anxious the whole time that she'd enter the room and would undoubtedly possess the immediate, innate knowledge that it was an R rated movie and I'd be banished to hell for all eternity.

As much as I love Friday the 13th, a new Nightmare on Elm Street game (with Robert Englund VA and maybe set in the 80s) would make me lose my mind on a whole other level.

Waiting for tomorrow morning is going to suck. I wish I had gone Xbox with this one but I can't financially justify spending another $40 just to play it tonight with my Xbox friends.

All of you who will be playing shortly, enjoy!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
PS4 footage

Interesting that there's no hair physics present in that video despite Wes last night confirming that all three platforms have it. I'm guessing it's in the day 1 patch.

PS4 footage

Interesting that there's no hair physics present in that video despite Wes last night confirming that all three platforms have it. I'm guessing it's in the day 1 patch.

See, videos like this is why I can understand the frustration from us backers. That random Joe schmoe has access to a game we even made possible in the first place. But what I don't get is acting toxic and attacking others, I mean, afterall it is only just 2 days and not a whole week or month.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Watching that player play as Jason is triggering me. They're not breaking windows, using traps, throwing knives, grabs, or Morphing.

*spit*

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The codes are up on the Backerkit site.

No DLC Codes yet though.

Gun said:
Hey all! Here is your PS4 key for Friday the 13th: The Game! Thank you so much for your support and we hope you enjoy the game! For those of you that backed us at a level that includes the Tom Savini-designed Jason Voorhees, as well as the counselor clothing pack, we unfortunately do not have those keys for you at this time. We will be delivering them to you shortly after we finalize a quick patch to ensure the DLC is functioning properly. We want you to play the game and not have to wait for these items, but you will be getting them very soon! We know this is frustrating, and our team is frustrated along with you, but you'll be getting these items as quickly as possible!

Backerkit codes for the DLC are rolling out, guys! (PC)

IT'S HAPPENING

Ktj80q2.png

And my game is unpacking!!

I bought an Xbox copy despite purchasing PSN cards for the PS4 launch tomorrow morning. I did this just so I didn't have to wait until tomorrow morning to play. I am a piece of shit.

Regardless, hyped! 15 minutes!

Stiler

Where can you get the counselor clothing dlc?

I got the Tom Savini Jason skin but can't seem to remember where I got it on the website now.

Top Bottom