• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Patch is out for XB1 and Steam. NA PS4 is out later today. Next week for EU PS4.

New Outfit Customization!

New User Interface for clothing.

Choose your style with the new swatch menu.

After selecting your outfit, your swatch menu will now appear. Choose your colors, then select Back to move on to the next piece of clothing. Your selections automatically save so simply back out when you are finished.

New Emote Comm Wheel and 8 free Communication Emotes

Customize where your emotes appear on the wheel.

Move the Left Stick or Mouse towards the desired emote and Press A or click to make selection.

Use the Emote in game.

Press and hold UP on the d-pad or V on the keyboard (default bindings) to open the wheel.

Move the Right Stick or Mouse towards the desired emote.

Release UP on the d-pad or V on the keyboard while holding the direction for the desired emote.

The 1984 Spring Break Outfit Pack is now available in the store (Contingent on DLC release and purchase)

Misc

Fixed an issue that resulted in a black screen when loading into a map if the player loses connection or the host leaves while loading in.

Gameplay

Perk Fixes

Fixed the following perks: Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker

Fixed a number of issues with items not being dropped if a Counselor was killed in a hiding spot

Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement on Steam and Xbox 1

Maps

Fixed an audio issue where certain audio queues were being heard across the map

Fixed a number of objects that were awarding XP each time they were repaired or used.

Crystal Lake

Fixed a number of spots where Jason could not kill Counselors

Packanack

Fixed an issue where cars could block the lodge entrance

Jason

Fixed Jason’s Sense ability to properly track counselors after they leave a Cabin

Fixed an issue that was causing Jason’s stun timer to double when being stunned

Fixed Jason’s stun animation from canceling after he was hit again while stunned

Fixed Jason’s combat stance blocking the sweater stun.

Fixed an issue where Jason would be flung across the map if he was choking a counselor and was hit while uneven terrain

Fixed an issue where Jason’s weapon damage was only being applied to the first object hit.

Fixed an issue where Jason’s weapon collision volume was not hitting counselors directly in front of him.

Fixed an issue to allow Jason to hit counselors through windows

Fixed an issue to allow Jason to destroy windows and doors when swinging at them

Fixed an issue where Jason could no longer move if he tried to grab a Counselor immediately after throwing a knife

Fixed a number of issues preventing Jason from pulling Counselors out of a stopped car.

Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to Shift and Grab at the same time

Fixed an issue that was allowing Jason to activate an ability while throwing a knife

Fixed an issue that allowed Jason to use drown kills in shallow water

Part 9 Jason should have Part 9 music now

Counselors

Fixed an issue that was not allowing the Pocket Knife to trigger

Male counselors should all have their own VO now

Fixed an issue where dropping a gun while aiming could leave a counselor in an unresponsive state

Fixed an issue causing Counselors to not be able to break other Counselors free from Jason’s grip.

Fixed an issue where female Counselors weapon swings not hitting Jason

Counselors can now nudge each other slightly out of the way.

Can not stand people who bitch at length about the circumstances under which Jason killed them. If you have a knife and you get slashed that's bad luck. If you get grabbed when you beg Jason to square up who cares. This isn't Friday the 12th. You're playing a game with an axe wielding maniac.
Just had a game where I was trapped between the sign and the car and Tommy was stuck too. I figured I could chop my way out and it was right. Dude kept bitching in the lobby after saying someone was on the way to free us. How is that my concern at all? Then he kept going on and on about it. So f'n lame.

Added: frustration is fine but continual grief is dumb

TitusTroy

with so many people claiming how F13 is so much better then Dead by Daylight I was shocked to see the Steam Charts numbers...DBD has almost 10 times the player numbers and it's peak high was also double...what the hell?...why is everyone claiming F13 to be superior but then everyone is playing DBD?

with so many people claiming how F13 is so much better then Dead by Daylight I was shocked to see the Steam Charts numbers...DBD has almost 10 times the player numbers and it's peak high was also double...what the hell?...why is everyone claiming F13 to be superior but then everyone is playing DBD?

DBD has been out longer, half the price, and been on sale many times including part of a big humble bundle.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Different strokes for different folks maybe?

As much as I enjoyed DBD, I just like F13 more.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The connection on PS4 is so awful sometimes. Random ping spikes which makes the match unplayable. Ugh.

Carcetti

I play both, and F13 gets stale a lot faster even if both are practically single mode games. DBD is a better game but F13 has a fun party game aspect when you get into a good group,.

Not only is DbD half the price of F13, DbD has been supported very well with a consistent schedule of Double XP events, bug fixes, new killers, new surviors, and new maps. F13 is just now getting patches however no new content like Jasons, surviors, or maps unless you count the bite size versions of the maps already there. It's no surprise that a game like F13 just lost the majority of its player base.

Read about a lot of worrying issues with the new patch but hopefully some of that is the usual hyperbolic bullshit found on reddit.

I won't know till next week, presuming Australia gets the patch when Europe does?

One thing I came across before but much more frequently when playing tonight: at a certain point in both games that I played as Jason, the cursor that should appear on my map just disappeared for the rest of the game. As you can imagine, this is quite problematic when you don't have a clue where you are on the map unless you happen to be near an obvious landmark, and even when you are it's hard to know what spot to morph to.

I had a Vanessa evade me for the last 6-8 minutes of a game and she ended up surviving, due in no small part to that annoying glitch. Then it happened again the next game that I was Jason. The fact I was Part 2 Jason (used to always play as him but tend to pick Part 8 nowadays) and his shift sucks didn't make it any easier.

One thing that I find hugely concerning is that apparently as of the new patch, Jason can't see the summary of players which tells you which counselors are still alive, whether Tommy has shown up, the ping etc... What the actual fuck?

That surely has to be a mistake as that would be complete bullshit if not. I believe I read that Jason doesn't even know how many counselors are in any given match? Which sounds absurdly shit if true. This was posted on the F13 reddit though so hopefully it is inaccurate.

Different strokes for different folks maybe?

As much as I enjoyed DBD, I just like F13 more.
I’ve only played dbd a few times but it looks to have a deeper playing experience in terms of the characters. I love the F13 franchise but the leveling seems a bit tacked on to me compared to what I’ve read about dbd (I’ve only read the game instructions so maybe it’s not as deep as it seems but the instructions give an indication that the leveling actually matters).

Read about a lot of worrying issues with the new patch but hopefully some of that is the usual hyperbolic bullshit found on reddit.

I won't know till next week, presuming Australia gets the patch when Europe does?

One thing I came across before but much more frequently when playing tonight: at a certain point in both games that I played as Jason, the cursor that should appear on my map just disappeared for the rest of the game. As you can imagine, this is quite problematic when you don't have a clue where you are on the map unless you happen to be near an obvious landmark, and even when you are it's hard to know what spot to morph to.

I had a Vanessa evade me for the last 6-8 minutes of a game and she ended up surviving, due in no small part to that annoying glitch. Then it happened again the next game that I was Jason. The fact I was Part 2 Jason (used to always play as him but tend to pick Part 8 nowadays) and his shift sucks didn't make it any easier.

One thing that I find hugely concerning is that apparently as of the new patch, Jason can't see the summary of players which tells you which counselors are still alive, whether Tommy has shown up, the ping etc... What the actual fuck?

That surely has to be a mistake as that would be complete bullshit if not. I believe I read that Jason doesn't even know how many counselors are in any given match? Which sounds absurdly shit if true. This was posted on the F13 reddit though so hopefully it is inaccurate.

Just hit pause, then check the mute players screen. It's annoying but it's there

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Unfortunately the patch is awful. I've had a multitude of issues just in the first hour after the patch launched. The player list can still be seen, but as Jason you have to press Select and go to mute players, while as a counselor you have to open the map and hit L1.

They said it shouldn't be happening, but considering that emotes take up the spot of accessing the player list I find that hard to believe.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This patch is fucking TERRIBLE. wtf. So many unnecessary changes and for the worst too. Two swings to break down a door as part 8 Jason, stuns don't last, shit you can't even fucking stun 98% of the time now. Smh.

LUXURY

This patch is fucking TERRIBLE. wtf. So many unnecessary changes and for the worst too. Two swings to break down a door as part 8 Jason, stuns don't last, shit you can't even fucking stun 98% of the time now. Smh.

Yeah. And they said that the original stun times were a “glitch.” Trying for a stun on Jason is WORTHLESS now as they literally last a millisecond. Firecrackers? Don’t waste a slot on them. They stun him for the amount of time it takes you to blink an eye. It’s not right. I don’t get rewarded for defending against Jason now. Those stuns gave me time to get to another cabin if my weapon broke, if I was low on stamina, etc.

I believe this was done because once again, people complained that it was too hard to play the game so they took out the stuns. I thank the heavens they fixed saving a counselor when grabbed (previously the hits didn’t register and the counselor just got killed) but again, if you’re trying for a stun to escape with your teammate good luck. The stun is almost nonexistent so you’ll be hitting him over and over until your weapons break and then you both die because there is no way for you to plan your next move due to the removal of the stun. It’s no good.

hzsn724

Man this game just keeps getting worse. Quit playing a month ago due to major game crashes, horrific grieving, and getting knocked out of the map when I tried to grab someone out of the car. But I come back after a patch and Jason is practically unstoppable. Can't quite seem to hit him anymore. Breaks down doors easily, fire crackers are worthless. Stun time is pretty much a thing of the past. But at least we have paid bikins? I just don't get it. It's like shooting fish in a barrel now. Guess I'm going back to DBD.

LUXURY

Was thinking about getting this. Are there more players on PC or PS4?

Sadly, the PC version is experiencing severe performance issues and on good nights the game may reach 1,500 players.

I have to steer you towards PS4 as I really can’t in good faith tell you the PC version is good. But on PS4, there are no dedicated servers so if a counselor leaves that is the host when killed which many do (on all platforms) the game will end. PC is the only place with dedicated servers at the moment.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sadly, the PC version is experiencing severe performance issues and on good nights the game may reach 1,500 players.

I have to steer you towards PS4 as I really can’t in good faith tell you the PC version is good. But on PS4, there are no dedicated servers so if a counselor leaves that is the host when killed which many do (on all platforms) the game will end. PC is the only place with dedicated servers at the moment.

So...no good option then, lol.

The patch came out in Australia today and I've played the game a bit in that time.

I was bracing myself for the worst so am not too bothered by it overall.

D-pad up to see summary being removed for Jason actually bothers me more than things like stun times being reduced.

I don't mind clicking touch pad + L1 to see it as a counselor, definitely prefer just pressing up on the d-pad, but having to click options and mute players to see it as Jason is really awful.

Funnily that's how I originally used to look it up the first couple of weeks I had the game, because I didn't realise you could just press up on the d-pad, but after getting used to that this feels like a horrible change. It's so inconvenient and immersion destroying to have to do it this way as Jason, not to mention flat out annoying.

Even more so when you consider the fact that d-pad up is not being used for some other function for Jason, it's not like he has his own emotes mapped to that button...
yet. jk, I hope...

I really hope they revert this sooner rather than later.

I've adapted to the luck bug by not playing as Chad and instead playing as Buggzy a lot of the time. AJ was my other main so I guess she has been temporarily buffed.

I came back as Tommy and was astonished when the bat I picked up (Which I'm 99% sure had not been previously used) broke on the first hit, then again I guess it makes sense if luck is basically inverted right now.

It's been fun stunning people 3-4 times with the same bat as Buggzy. I also adjusted my perks, equipping swift attacker (16%) for both Buggzy and AJ - makes a big difference.

I love Jason 9 having his own (very creepy and atmopsheric) music.

The Spring Break DLC is pretty cool, the emotes made me laugh a bit in the first game when my friend was doing them to my Jason, but I can't see myself using them much. They feel a bit awkward to select and be facing the right way etc when you want to use one.

I'd be pretty happy if the stun times were somewhere between what they are now and what they used to be, as I felt like they were overly long a lot of the time in the past when playing as Jason, but not to the point of it being an issue that needed addressing at all...

Seems like the devs are too eager to tinker with things like this which mess up the balance of the game. Still having fun with it despite the issues. I guess the reality of this game is that each new patch will probably bring new unwanted issues that the hopelessly addicted players such as myself will simply have to put up with...

The last game I played was with a group of pretty experienced players I'd played with before, they often get the car going or call the cops or both, and sometimes even escape when I'm Jason... I felt like I played the game no differently today, but I took out 7/8 including Tommy within maybe 5-6 minutes, then spent ten minutes looking for the fuckhead who was hiding under a bed the whole time. I don't feel like the patch really had that much to do with this as barely any of them even attempted to hit me and I grabbed most of those who did.

A little trick I do sometimes with particularly ballsy counselors... Stand still for 15-20 seconds after they've evaded you for a little while and are clearly confident in their ability to fuck Jason's shit up. Once they get close enough, grab them much quicker than they can swing, and voila... unless they have a pocket knife or three. I'd say this works about 50% of the time that I try it, when they're doing things like running around the car in an endless loop avoiding my non-running Jason.

Another thing I really like doing lately is using stalk more extensively. If you know they're planning on a car escape and the car is say at the repair shop on Crystal Lake, turn stalk on after walking inside the repair shop where noone can see you, stand perfectly still and wait for one of them to approach the car - ideally you can get them before they set off the trap.

Even better, turn it on and stand perfectly still next to the phone (or in the bathroom if it's very near the phone) after they've already tried and had it broken once or twice. They'll be expecting you to come and destroy the phone box again, instead you can wait for them to run in and grab them before they get to the phone.

I've given so many people legitimate jump scares lately using stalk ^_^

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
QGLAom1.jpg

jviggy43

Booted up a private match with some people...game is fucking worse than ever. First 30 seconds of the game Jason finds me. No biggie I have a shotgun. He runs up to grab me, starts the animation, I shoot him, and then just die. For no reason. How in the world are they continuing to make this worse?

Came back as tommy. My gun randomally disappeared, and his out of breath audio got stuck on a loop and played for the rest of the match no matter what I was doing.

I'm fiending to play this game after 6 days with no internet (other than phone).

Some fucking psychopath vandalised the internet exchange that's about an 8 minute walk from my house. Cut the main cable with a hacksaw because... reasons, I guess. It's meant to be restored later today but it could be up to a week longer.

Extra shitty timing as this time a year ago some heavy shit went down, something I've spent the better part of the last 12 months recovering from. This game was such a great distraction for me in the last few months, it sucks not being able to play it for a week, but oh well - first world problems and all that.

I have about 120gb of gameplay saved from this game, so been watching it to help with the withdrawals haha. At one point, I tried to simulate playing the game by turning my DS4 off and trying to time button presses correctly so it matched what was happening on screen... Needless to say, it just wasn't the same lol.

First thing I do when the internet comes back will be to jump into F13 for an hour or ten.

Well, the very first thing I do will probably be to download the first episode of the new season of Nathan For You (incredible show btw), something I've been eagerly awaiting since the season 3 finale in December 2015...

I hope the motherfucker who did this to my beloved internets dies in a fire. Today. Needs to take that hacksaw and cut his jugular vein with it...

I like this game a lot, haha.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
You need to be level 44 for choose part 4.

Jarvis_house.jpg

interior.jpg

vaca_home.jpg

In addition to the new content update, weather effects in the form of thunderstorms on all playable maps that will randomly appear!
Rain will be random in public matches, while you can select it within private matches.

Another dlc emote party

Additional Information

Lastly; we've got game-balance tweaks coming and we've taken a lot of feedback from the community regarding combat and luck. You will see things return to more normal gameplay thus seen from earlier builds.

Additionally; we've worked some on the optimization of the game as well after resolving the memory leak issue. There should be an overall improved experience for just about everyone in the coming patch!

I’ve been playing it a bunch since I quit around a month after launch. It seems to play much better, lobbies fill quickly, very rarely get random disconnects (other than the host leaving).

Top Bottom