• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

jond76

Banned
Played today for the first time in a while on Xbox. Muuuuuuch better matchmaking and stability.

Jarvis house is cool. Weather is awesome. Had one hard crash when playing as Jason. Anoth round as Jason spawned me under the cabin. Fell through the world and ended the game. Other than those things (when I was Jason!) It was much improved.

SuperPac

I got this today. It's very hard.
I killed one person, I'm the scariest Jason.

Oh yeah, when I first started playing I was a terrible Jason. But the good thing is you can be an awful Jason and the people playing against you can still have fun. I would suggest watching a couple "tips" videos on YouTube to let you in on some of the finer points of the gameplay. Like this one.

Oh yeah, when I first started playing I was a terrible Jason. But the good thing is you can be an awful Jason and the people playing against you can still have fun. I would suggest watching a couple "tips" videos on YouTube to let you in on some of the finer points of the gameplay. Like this one.

Thanks for the video link. Purchased a physical copy of the game today, as it seems like many of the bigger bugs have been ironed out. Looking forward to diving in over the weekend.

Host disconnects are still bullshit. Spent fifteen minutes controlling both the car and fuse box as Part IV on Jarvis House only to have the host rage quit once I hacked at him.

Host disconnects are still bullshit. Spent fifteen minutes controlling both the car and fuse box as Part IV on Jarvis House only to have the host rage quit once I hacked at him.

Devs seem to promise dedicated servers to help fix the ragequit issues very soon. They stated in August that we could expect them to be live for console players in September/October.

Played today for the first time in a while on Xbox. Muuuuuuch better matchmaking and stability.

Jarvis house is cool. Weather is awesome. Had one hard crash when playing as Jason. Anoth round as Jason spawned me under the cabin. Fell through the world and ended the game. Other than those things (when I was Jason!) It was much improved.

I had a bad Jason spawn too. After a couple minutes I turned my controller on and off and was able to morph to the game.

If anyone needs people for private matches, add me: Cheshire_Buddha on PS4. Send me an invite whenever, I'm always down to play except in the cases where the servers are being a pain like today.

Samus4145

Purchased the game today. First match, the player controlling Jason 30 seconds into match. Easiest trophy for winning a match ever.

alexbull_uk

3 host rage quits in a row, right when the game was about to end. Fuck this shit.

I pretty much only play when I'm host because of this. They really need host migration.

Fortunately, it only usually takes about 5 minutes or so of trying to get a lobby where I'm hosting.

3 host rage quits in a row, right when the game was about to end. Fuck this shit.

It's been like that all day for me; every single match. I just finished my first Jason match after having the host rage quit the other five times I was picked today. In fact, I saved him for last just so he wouldn't bail, which is sad.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It's been like that all day for me; every single match. I just finished my first Jason match after having the host rage quit the other five times I was picked today. In fact, I saved him for last just so he wouldn't bail, which is sad.

Connection to host lost
Connection to host lost
Connection to host lost

I was finally Jason for the first time today, killed 5/7 and Connection to host lost.

jviggy43

Just played a game where I was in a lobby with a dev and his friend, where his friend was cheating and hiding in a place no one could get to. Cool.

I love Friday the 13th so, even though I already have the digital version on XB1, I bought the physical version on both consoles. Will probably keep the PS4 version sealed, but may open it on XB1 to get the physical-exclusive stuff.

Haven't been able to connect to a game on PS4 for hours

tenor.gif

Gradon

I've just had a game with a guy who constantly chanted that he hated N word's and I can't believe I've had to play with such a person on the first day I got the game Jesus.
I'm getting better though, surviving much longer.

Just booted this up for the first time in months. Took fucking ages to get into a game and when it finally did half the room was a group of loud mouthed obnoxious rude assholes. Needless to say i played one game and quit. I really loved this game at release but i think im done with it now unfortunately.

xviper

so you can't hold people hostage inside a certain room anymore because they can push you now, and your character automatically goes backward when you get close to them

there is one picture that exactly sums up what the developers have done to this game since launch

Z7HeRxU.png

now all the matches feel boring, no exciting things to happen

and with all the fucked up things they did to the game, yet they haven't added host migration yet, lol, good job developers, you made an amazingly fun game and then you decided to shoot yourself on the foot with an RPG

so you can't hold people hostage inside a certain room anymore because they can push you now, and your character automatically goes backward when you get close to them

there is one picture that exactly sums up what the developers have done to this game since launch

Z7HeRxU.png

and with all the fucked up things they did to the game, yet they haven't added host migration yet, lol, good job developers, you made an amazingly fun game and then you decided to shoot yourself on the foot with an RPG
Yeah, it would be so exciting to being held hostage by another player by not being able to leave a tiny room.

All I need for them is to fix the time out errors and I'll be golden.

Z7HeRxU.png

That's one of the oddest things to whine about. Other players holding ppl hostage and blocking people was a huge problem with trolling and people also working with Jason to block exits. They needed to allow people to get past and push ppl away.

Z7HeRxU.png

I seriously don’t understand “strategy” like this. Why do you find this fun? I guess you were pisssd when team killing was removed too. I’m being serious too not trying to be a dick, just don’t get this mindset at all.

Pilgrimzero

Had a game where the driver of the car we were all in just fucked around in the car until Jason wrecked us. Got us all killed.

Why do people do this?

groansey

Awww no, poor griefer can't grief strangers anymore? The playerbase will not miss you.

xviper

I seriously don’t understand “strategy” like this. Why do you find this fun? I guess you were pisssd when team killing was removed too. I’m being serious too not trying to be a dick, just don’t get this mindset at all.

removing teamkilling pretty much killed the game for me, and now with this update, it was the last nail in the coffin

the game is no longer fun

Had a game where the driver of the car we were all in just fucked around in the car until Jason wrecked us. Got us all killed.

Why do people do this?

I so wanted to love this game but I’ve had way too many shitty experiences like this. I’ll keep coming back because I do like the game when it’s played correctly and I’m a sucker for the franchise.

removing teamkilling pretty much killed the game for me, and now with this update, it was the last nail in the coffin

the game is no longer fun

Wait...do you miss teamkilling because you could kill people who were helping Jason or because you’re a shit?

xviper

I so wanted to love this game but I’ve had way too many shitty experiences like this. I’ll keep coming back because I do like the game when it’s played correctly and I’m a sucker for the franchise.

Wait...do you miss teamkilling because you could kill people who were helping Jason or because you’re a shit?

both, TK was insanely fun, it was like a whole new game, being a second killer, trying to kill all the counselors before Jason finds you, and if you see a piece of shit glitching, you give them what they deserve

xviper

Remind me to not play with xviper.

In any game.

in Rainbow six siege, when the round starts, me and my friend stand next to each other, find a teammate who is giving his back to us, shoot him to lower his health, and act AFK, and watch him go insane trying to find out who shot him, lol, some times they go on and slaughter the whole team because they don't know who shot them and get kicked, sometime they kill the wrong person

in Bad company 2, me and my friend used to play Hardcore mode, we both pick medic, find a poor teammate, kill him, unload his gun, revive him then repeat until one of us gets kicked, then joins back and repeat

in WWE games, we used to play 3-man TLC, when the match start, we take the ladder far away from the ring so he can't reach the belt and win the match, and we start to beat the shit out of him until he quits

to be honest, i'm a bit asshole in some games

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
in Rainbow six siege, when the round starts, me and my friend stand next to each other, find a teammate who is giving his back to us, shoot him to lower his health, and act AFK, and watch him go insane trying to find out who shot him, lol, some times they go on and slaughter the whole team because they don't know who shot them and get kicked, sometime they kill the wrong person

in Bad company 2, me and my friend used to play Hardcore mode, we both pick medic, find a poor teammate, kill him, unload his gun, revive him then repeat until one of us gets kicked, then joins back and repeat

in WWE games, we used to play 3-man TLC, when the match start, we take the ladder far away from the ring so he can't reach the belt and win the match, and we start to beat the shit out of him until he quits

to be honest, i'm a bit asshole in some games
That's one hell of an understatement, you don't sound fun to play with at all.

Shoyz

I haven't gotten the game yet, but the existence of team killing seemed interesting to me because I figured it could be used as a sort of form of anti-griefing, such as killing a guy who's trying to drive the car off alone and ditch everyone else, or hoarding an essential item (like keys). Am I wrong?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I haven't gotten the game yet, but the existence of team killing seemed interesting to me because I figured it could be used as a sort of form of anti-griefing, such as killing a guy who's trying to drive the car off alone and ditch everyone else, or hoarding an essential item (like keys). Am I wrong?
It was abused by dicks like Viper, so they had to relegated it to private matches only.

xviper

It was abused by dicks like Viper, so they had to relegated it to private matches only.

i have been respectful to you and the rest of the members of this thread, no need for name calling, it's just the way i play, if i get bored from the main objective, i try and do something different and troll my own teammates, it's kinda like when you get bored in a GTA game and try to slaughter everyone you see

jviggy43

Team killing was sometimes necessary. Earlier today some guy took the keys I had dropped by the car and ran off. I chased him asking to put them back, he kept runnung. Then he died somewhere and quit and the keys were never found.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
i have been respectful to you and the rest of the members of this thread, no need for name calling, it's just the way i play, if i get bored from the main objective, i try and do something different and troll my own teammates, it's kinda like when you get bored in a GTA game and try to slaughter everyone you see
Don't like being called a dick then don't act like one.

xviper

Don't like being called a dick then don't act like one.
thanks for the advice, but i'll pass, i'll play games the way i enjoy them

Teamkilling was an important factor for Friday the 13th, too many cheaters and too many trolls, removing TK was a HUGE mistake

Top Bottom