• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Velius

Banned
You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your dog is being skinned alive.
Nobody likes you.
Your mom's a whore.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.
Game over.

dolabla

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your dog is being skinned alive.
Nobody likes you.
Your mom's a whore.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.
Game over.

FlamboyantDeliriousBeauceron-max-1mb.gif

Doom85

So many new players, it's crazy. I did a TPK in one match a few days ago (which I could do fairly often but this time was really easy) and somebody on mic afterwards was like, "that Jason was nuts! He was killing us like every 30 seconds, what was that?!" I also have messed up at least one prompt on repairing the fusebox in two separate matches (since I recently switched from AJ to Vanessa) and neither time did Jason show up ever after I called the police. One time I just kept going in and out of a cabin through the same window and Jason kept going in and out of the door without ever trying to shift-grab or at least break the window until he finally gave up and went after another player. It's going to be some easy matches for veterans for a while now until the new players get the hang of it.

Doom85

Where do I find the parts to repair things? Are they randomly placed? inside or outside?

They're always inside the buildings (the only places outside that have items are campfires that sometimes have knives, a shotgun, etc. or the graveyard at Higgins Haven that usually has a medical spray and an axe), and yes placement is random. They can be found in any of the buildings EXCEPT for the one two-story building (or two if you're playing Jarvis House) that are on every map except Crystal Lake (still worth checking those bigger buildings out for health sprays, knives, etc.) Also the cars, boat, and phone fusebox are randomly placed too BUT they can only appear in certain locations. Once you play the game enough, you can start to slowly memorize places the phone fusebox will likely be if you find the fuse (the locations of the car(s) and boat are always visible on your map). Just know that if you're a counselor and see that the house you're near at the start of a match has the fusebox, that most skilled Jason players start off by laying traps at the fusebox house so you may want to either get some distance or search the house as quickly as possible.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'd be down for that. I'll get back on in the next hour/hour and a half. I'm going to go pick up something to eat.

I'll check back in this thread when I get done. If you want to go ahead and add me, it's the same name as my GAF name. Shoot me a friend request.
Whoops sorry for the late response, I don't get notifications for some reason.

If any new players are interested, I'm going to see if I can set up some private matches tonight so you guys can learn the ropes without feeling too much pressure. Just quote me with your PSN name and I'll check back periodically.

Last edited:

SNIKT!

If any new players are interested, I'm going to see if I can set up some private matches tonight so you guys can learn the ropes without feeling too much pressure. Just quote me with your PSN name and I'll check back periodically.

Not a new player, but I got a buddy that wants to play tonight. My psn is SACKOPATH his psn is GnarlSagan.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Not a new player, but I got a buddy that wants to play tonight. My psn is SACKOPATH his psn is GnarlSagan.
Tried to add you guys through the app but for some reason it's not working. See if you can add me: XaeroGravity

Leaving the office now so I'll try and get on once I get home.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video...nt-future-content-friday-13th-game-exclusive/

“We are disappointed in the court’s ruling and disagree with its conclusion. We are considering our options, including an appeal. We understand that this ruling has created confusion among some fans of the franchise and, more specifically, “Friday the 13th: The Game” players who have questions about new Friday the 13th content in the game.

The court was very clear that its ruling in favor of Mr. Miller is limited to the original screenplay in which Jason’s mother is the killer and that Mr. Miller’s termination notice did not purport to terminate Horror, Inc.’s separate copyright in the iconic supernatural killer who wears a hockey mask. While the ruling does not prevent Gun from continuing to sell and operate the existing game, it may complicate adding certain content to the current game in the future.

Some have asked if a settlement could be reached with Victor Miller to enable the creation of new content. Even if Gun were in a position to continue to fund the game while it was waiting for such questions to be resolved, there is no evidence to date that such a settlement is possible.

Friday the 13th director Sean Cunningham has previously reached out directly to Victor Miller to discuss a settlement. Miller responded by refusing to talk to Sean. Work on new content for fans was suspended because of the position that Miller has taken.

Given Miller’s unwillingness to discuss settlement to date and following the guidelines set down by the Court’s ruling, Horror Inc. intends to aggressively explore many opportunities for new projects featuring settings and characters not included in Mr. Miller’s screenplay.

Horror, Inc. will be providing additional details on the new Friday the 13th projects in the near future.”

dolabla

Lol, it's cool. I might get on tomorrow night if you all want to play. My psn is: dolabla

I just played a game. After I died and was spectating I suddenly became a new character with a shotgun and the game wanted me to "save" those that were left. I was only able to shoot Jason one time, there was no more ammo. Of course he killed me after. What exactly was I supposed to do?

Dthomp

I just played a game. After I died and was spectating I suddenly became a new character with a shotgun and the game wanted me to "save" those that were left. I was only able to shoot Jason one time, there was no more ammo. Of course he killed me after. What exactly was I supposed to do?
That’s tommy the hero character. Has huge stats, but the shotty is just a one shot weapon to stun Jason. Goal is same, get out

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is there some way to make yourself invisible to Jason?
Keep your flashlight on and avoid the dark to keep your fear down, equip perks that help avoid his sense, and use characters with high stealth. Although once Jason gets Rage near the end of the match he'll see you no matter what.

An honorable Tommy Jarvis player will help the other characters escape by helping them get parts, repair things, and just getting in Jason's way.

Loser Tommy Jarvis' will literally take up spaces in car seats and things like that.

I'm starting to like this game although it looks and runs like shit. Played as Jason before in an online game for the first time. It was really fun hunting them down. Killed everyone :)

This is the reason why I like PS+. They give me different types of games I normally would never buy or play and some of them I have really enjoyed.

Last edited:
The resolution of the lawsuit doesn't deal at all with who owns the rights to the iconic hockey mask-wearing version of Jason, and the court specifically refused to rule on this stating it would need to be presented in a separate case. Miller's rights as established seem to basically only pertain to the first film, and only in the USA at that. I'm no lawyer, but it sounds like there is plenty that Horror, Inc. still controls, but unless or until the rights of Jason are clarified and assigned, sounds like it will be awfully difficult for anyone to do much with the franchise. As long as Miller maintains his rights, he'll be able to copyright troll to some extent, so I've honestly no idea if and when anything new will come out for the IP. I'm pretty sure the game is screwed though--at least we have it to play and it hasn't been taken down.

Last edited:
Questions:

1. If I die and dont want to stay for the round to end, do I still get XP if I leave?

2. In the settings you can buy and equip different killing methods by Jason. How do I use them? I just press R2 and I kill them in the same way every time.

NickFire

Questions:

1. If I die and dont want to stay for the round to end, do I still get XP if I leave?

2. In the settings you can buy and equip different killing methods by Jason. How do I use them? I just press R2 and I kill them in the same way every time.
I believe if you leave you get action xp but not round completed xp. For kills, you have it right but don't forget its R2 and a button (square, triangle, etc.). And there are environmental and attacking kills too. You can also switch out what kills are assigned to each button. Also - practice kills in single player.

Edit - forgot about grabbing with L2. Havent played in a bit.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Questions:

Yes, you just don't get the end of match bonus

Assign them to the four face buttons and press them when you grab them with L2, although you need to have a proper amount of room to perform some of them

Last edited:

I'm looking at the menu right now where I equip the killing methods. I'm not getting how I'm supposed to assign them to buttons. Or are those four slots the buttons?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Game seems pretty fun, just had my first online match. How important is having a mic? I just muted everyone.
I'd say it's pretty important in order to coordinate with the others. The community has been one of the better ones, although you're still bound to run into some assholes.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21408-october-event-celebration/

Hello campers! Let’s welcome the spookiest time of year with a whole month’s of in-game events!

Week 1 - 10/2 - 10/9: 1.3 XP

Week 2 - 10/9 - 10/15: 1.7 XP

Week 3 - 10/16 - 10/22: Details on 10/16

Week 4 - 10/23 - 10/31: Details on 10/23

Special Event - 10/12 - 10/31: More details on Friday 10/12!

I’m not spoiling the surprise, but there are some higher tier events as we get closer to the end of October.

Last edited:

With that character, Tommy Jarvis, and another counselor (female only) wearing Jason’s mom’s sweater, it’s actually possible to kill Jason.

https://kotaku.com/1795701394

Last edited:

Zewp

Am I missing something? I've heard people saying how many players the game suddenly has now that it's on PS+, but I just spent 15 minutes trying to find a match without success. Surely there can't be no randoms looking for matches?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Am I missing something? I've heard people saying how many players the game suddenly has now that it's on PS+, but I just spent 15 minutes trying to find a match without success. Surely there can't be no randoms looking for matches?
They're having server issues apparently.

Press search. If you haven't found a server after two minutes, stop the search and try again. Repeat.

After a couple of tries you will eventually find a server. This has worked for me.

Last edited:
A glitched trophy popped yesterday for me. The one for playing a game with all counselors, despite me still having several characters locked.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21449-faq-content-legal-status-and-the-future-of-the-game/

Hey Campers,

Long time no see, I hope you're well. Been a crazy few months, huh? I know there's a lot of questions you all have about the game, future content, legal, etc, etc. We rounded up the most frequently asked questions from the community and worked with the license holders to answer them.

Everything we put out or say publicly (including this very forum post) must be approved by the license holders. Some of you will have more questions after reading this below, however, we are not currently able to answer them. Please do not think this is me, or anyone from Gun ignoring you. Please understand the sensitivity and seriousness that the entire F13 IP is currently tangled up in. I spent the last few weeks with legal and the license holders getting these answers. When we know more and can share it, we will.

Q: Does this mean you (Gun Media) can create new DLC now?

A: We cannot currently add new DLC or Content to the game and it is unclear if this can ever happen. We can only perform maintenance, balance, QoL fixes and bug fixes.

Q: Why won’t/when will Gun Media add Uber Jason/Grendel/Clothing DLC?

A: The entire license is currently under a legal microscope. We wish this was a more clear-cut, black and white scenario, but it is not. There is a lot of gray. We hope that in the near future more legal clarity will occur, but this is not Gun’s call. As mentioned previously, at this time we can not add any new content, regardless of where the content falls within the F13 canon (Uber Jason for example).

While Uber Jason appeared to be close to being finished, there was still remaining work that needs to be completed in order to finish him. When we got word to stop, we stopped. There were clothing packs and kill packs that were also nearly complete. However, the Grendel map still had months of work to go. When this content was leaked, we were under 50% complete. It is not likely that Grendel will ever see the light of day.

Q: Why did you (Gun Media) decide to stop making content?

A: The decision was made for us to stop making content due to the sensitivity of the legal process. Gun does not own rights to Friday the 13th: The Game. We continue to work with our partners at Horror, Inc. as more information unfolds. Gun wants to release content, as do our partners at Horror. Until more clarity is provided, we can not add new content.

Q: Why won’t you (Gun Media) settle with/pay Victor Miller to create content?

A: Gun is not a part of the legal issues surrounding the license. It is not our call to “settle” or “pay” anyone as it relates to the legal issues. Our partners at Horror, Inc have reached out a few times in an effort to settle with Mr. Miller. However, we were informed that this communication was ignored. We hope that all parties can come together in the future, so we can add some new content, but it’s not likely, nor should it be expected.

Q: Why won’t Horror Inc. settle with Miller so you can create content?

A: As mentioned previously, this has been attempted in the past with no progress. Our partners at Horror, Inc will continue to reach out to Mr. Miller, but until communication lines are opened up, there is very little we, or our partners can do at this time.

-Wes Keltner

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Saw this earlier and the only positive is that they seemed to have somewhat softened their stance on the matter. It went from "absolutely no chance" to "it is unclear if this can ever happen".

drunkchan

Neo Member
Just played a game where Tommy helped Jason try to single me out. Tommy would follow me everywhere, shoot me, melee me, block me in tight spaces, close windows, set random traps, etc. I lasted just after the two minute warning. Feeling dead inside.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm level 30 right now. Haven't received one single Epic or Legendary perk. How common are they?
I'm level 117 and I only have about 6 or so. They've had a few weekends where they bump up the chances of rolling one, but other than that they seem pretty rare.

Last edited:
Had an interesting game right now. Someone was celebrating a bit to early at the finish line:

Exactly right after that happened I met a coordinated group that killed me, this is the first time I have gotten killed as Jason, I actually felt a bit ashamed when it happened:

Top Bottom