• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has confirmed that Armored Core IP isn't dead

Blam

https://twitter.com/senden_ogu/status/937690064896778241

https://twitter.com/senden_ogu/status/937686063849488384

Are also releasing a PS4 theme tomorrow.

Translations for both Tweets:
“Thank you for watching the Armored Core 20th Anniversary Music Special Broascast! There is nothing we can announce now, but we don’t intend to end the AC series as it is, so we’d be happy if you could wait a little longer. Even going forward, thanks for supporting From Software!”
“The Armored Core 20th Anniversary PS4 theme will be delivered tomorrow, December 5th. Please download it! Even from now on, From Software will continue to push forward with development. Thank you for your support!”

ThxObambam

Neo Member
At last the dark clouds of depression are clearing. Soon I hope to leave my Raven’s Nest and sortie once again!

Also gotta get that theme!

sublimit

Banned
I never had any doubts that they will continue making AC games. It was always their flagship title and even though the Souls series were the games that exploded their popularity worldwide i'm pretty sure they are also very proud of what they have achieved with AC.

The real question is which direction they will move the series forward in the future.It will be really hard to please long time fans while also making the next one a reboot for the series as From Soft has implied in past interviews. Unless when they said that one of the projects they are currently working on is a reboot they meant something other than AC.

ThxObambam

Neo Member
I never had any doubts that they will continue making AC games. It was always their flagship title and even though the Souls series were the games that exploded their popularity worldwide i'm pretty sure they are also very proud of what they have achieved with AC.

The real question is which direction they will move the series forward in the future.It will be really hard to please long time fans while also making the next one a reboot for the series as From Soft has implied in past interviews. Unless when they said that one of the projects they are currently working on is a reboot they meant something other than AC.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’d love a new master of arena. Lots of parts, great maps, 1v1, 2v2 only. Doesn’t have to have a campaign or anything, but just focus on great controls and better balancing of parts.

sublimit

Banned
I'm sure we will see one right after the next kings field drops... Right?

Is there a need for another King's Field game after what they have achieved with the Souls series? Unless someone prefers first person combat (for some wierd reason) i don't see the need for another KF game.

If they want to dig in their old IP library i'd rather see them do something with another Kuon game.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans out there, but for me this is basically the least interesting news From Software could've released.

Jesus, give us just a tiny tablescrap worth of news regarding a possibly new IP or similar.

Sojiro

That is awesome! I have not played an armored core game since AC 2 back on the PS2 ages ago, but I have always been a fan of the games I played on PS1 (the original and Master of arena) and AC 2 on PS2 . You know, with From being associated with pretty much only Dark Souls these days, I forgot they were the developers for this series.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://gamingbolt.com/new-armored-core-game-confirmed-by-from-software-once-again#nnn

From Software has already indicated previously that it will be working on a new game in the franchise in the future, and now, speaking during a Famitsu interview, From Software’s President Hidetaka Miyazaki (also known as the guy behind the Soulsphenomenon to begin with) confirmed that a new game in the Armored Corefranchise is under development, referencing a meme among Japanese fans of the franchise where a new Armored Core game is always developed in response to any conflict.

DarkestHour

Banned
https://gamingbolt.com/new-armored-core-game-confirmed-by-from-software-once-again#nnn

From Software has already indicated previously that it will be working on a new game in the franchise in the future, and now, speaking during a Famitsu interview, From Software’s President Hidetaka Miyazaki (also known as the guy behind the Soulsphenomenon to begin with) confirmed that a new game in the Armored Corefranchise is under development, referencing a meme among Japanese fans of the franchise where a new Armored Core game is always developed in response to any conflict.

Woohoo!!!!

Naked Lunch

Nice. How about starting by bringing the Armored Cores to Xbox Backwards compatibility. I need my For Answer and Verdict Day fix.

sublimit

Banned
What a strange coincidence to finally come out of their secrecy after all the positive reception Daemon X Machina's unveiling has been getting recently. d:

What a strange coincidence to finally come out of their secrecy after all the positive reception Daemon X Machina's unveiling has been getting recently. d:
FromSoft for the longest time has always maintained a policy of "The less you tell gamers the better."

Ever since Nine Breaker got shit on by critics, From has had an "anti-marketing" strategy for their games.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I would be much more excited for a Chromehounds. That game was pretty incredible.

Mista

Banned
They denied it

Pejo

Man what a rollercoaster this thread has been. Didn't realize it was an old thread, then saw the bump, then saw the update after the bump.

Just fucking do it already From.

Tomeru

I would love to see souls mechanics being translated to a scifi game in some way. Since it's FS, they probably have some idea on what works and what don't.

Edit:
A good, to my taste game scifi game.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
I'd love to see a new real armored core game, but I'd be sad they made it instead of a new souls'ish game. I'd rather have a new souls'ish game but I'd be sad they didnt make an armored core game. I also want a new kings field game, yet I want the old kings field games. I want to see demon souls remaster. I want to see more remasters of their oddball games like they did with metal wolf chaos. But I want a new armored core.

Maybe I want too much from From Software.

Top Bottom