From the Saw That Coming Department: #MeToo results in chilling effect on hiring women

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I would respect it more if people were at least honest about it.

The idea is that men have not done a good enough job running the world and women should be given a turn, fair enough.

But I dislike the tactics that they use, giving women more power by way of giving them the ability to ruin an innocent man's life is wrong.

And my gut instinct says a society that is equal is what we should be striving for, not one where one gender dominates the other, whether it's men dominating women or women dominating men, simply flipping the script on how things used to work is not justice, but it's what SJWs want.

And I'm just overall skeptical that a world run by women would be any better, since I, unlike modern feminism, believe men and women are more alike than they are different, so I don't see an end to war, poverty and so on just because women control everything.
You're still speaking as though you've bought in to the oppression narrative but just disagree with the proposed solution. I urge you to re-examine the oppression narrative and build from there.

Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
I mean there’s always gonna be someone on top. Life is ALWAYS going to be a crawl for a bigger pile
And in a perfect world that someone at the top could be.... anybody.

Not a protected class, whether it's white men, women, people of color, whatever.

SJWs on the other hand believe that a world where men and white men in particular are an oppressed underclass would be "justice" for the past, whatever happened to an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

I'm assuming though that some of these SJWs actually give a shit about justice and this isn't just people exploiting whatever the fuck they can to get money and power, America is a fiercely competitive society and any advantage you can get people will exploit, many women and minorities have learned that the identity politics games can help them get ahead in life and boy howdy, they're milking that cow for all it's worth.

Trouble is they wanna get so gosh darn sanctimonious about it and guilt trip anyone who's not buying into their hustle, don't scam people and act like a saint, that makes you a special kind of hypocrite.

Agree with you except for the assertion that feminism was originally about equality (equality of what?). People give the first and second waves of feminism a free pass because of the insanity of the third. However, feminism has always been based on a foundation of Patriarchy theory, which is just an incorrect interpretation of the (Western) world. There is a reason that every wave of feminism has coincided with a generational change following a major conflict. It is because the role that men play in society (defense of the tribe) is no longer visible and perspective is lost. While I believe that women gaining the right to vote was the right treatment, it followed from an incorrect diagnosis (Patriarchy theory). If the movement were truly about equality, that right to vote should have come at a higher price, namely the shared responsibility of defending the tribe. I have never heard of a feminist putting their hand up for the draft during wartime, only those pushing for "equality" in the military during peacetime when the risk is at a minimum and a well-paid, secure job is on offer.
I'm actually not a fan of feminism as a whole but I try to be careful and meet people halfway on it.

I don't want to be misconstrued as a sexist or misogynist.

You're still speaking as though you've bought in to the oppression narrative but just disagree with the proposed solution. I urge you to re-examine the oppression narrative and build from there.
I read you loud and clear.

It's always been based to some degree on a hustle and a false narrative, it's only gotten worse and worse.

Dec 15, 2011
Scolding me for “assuming a person’s feelings on an issue”, (when I wasn’t doing that) is much more your style
As I made clear, it wasn't about the person who wrote the comment.
The 'scolding' was on the largely fallacious nature of the comment, and later the assumed position of authority.

For your benefit, here is my style:
Irrespective of who says it, when I spot bullshit and fallacies, disengenuous garbage and misrepresentation, I sometimes challenge it.
Sometimes I talk about videogames too.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
And in a perfect world that someone at the top could be.... anybody.

Not a protected class, whether it's white men, women, people of color, whatever.

SJWs on the other hand believe that a world where men and white men in particular are an oppressed underclass would be "justice" for the past, whatever happened to an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind?

I'm assuming though that some of these SJWs actually give a shit about justice and this isn't just people exploiting whatever the fuck they can to get money and power, America is a fiercely competitive society and any advantage you can get people will exploit, many women and minorities have learned that the identity politics games can help them get ahead in life and boy howdy, they're milking that cow for all it's worth.

Trouble is they wanna get so gosh darn sanctimonious about it and guilt trip anyone who's not buying into their hustle, don't scam people and act like a saint, that makes you a special kind of hypocrite.

I'm actually not a fan of feminism as a whole but I try to be careful and meet people halfway on it.

I don't want to be misconstrued as a sexist or misogynist.

I read you loud and clear.

It's always been based to some degree on a hustle and a false narrative, it's only gotten worse and worse.
If they're not telling the truth, fuck 'em. Let them call you whatever they like and just laugh in their faces.

Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
If they're not telling the truth, fuck 'em. Let them call you whatever they like and just laugh in their faces.
I just reaaaaaaally don't wanna get banned from here.

I know it's not ERA but I still try to be careful.

I'll be nice and say that feminism in the past had some grains of truth to it, but it was predicated on a big lie and that's the idea that western society has ever truly "hated" women or saw them as necessarily inferior to men.

People used to see men and women as having different roles in society, there's a difference between that and hate, now this could be a fairly oppressive system but it was oppressive for both men and women, something I think too often gets lost.

The "nuclear family" of the 1950s and the whole "housewife" ideal that gets so much hate for example, well, taking care of the home and raising the children was seen as just as crucial as the husband working a job and earning a living, while you can say the whole "Leave it To Beaver" ideal is too strict and that not everyone is going to fit that mold, that some people want different things, let's not go pretending that cooking, cleaning and changing diapers is comparable to slavery or whatever.

And going further back, the reason women used to not be allowed to vote wasn't because women were seen as too stupid for politics, but because society saw women as being above politics.

Politics in the old days was seen as a very dirty game, lots of shouting, arguing, fistfights, wheeling and dealing, women were seen as better than that with more important things to worry about than to "lower" themselves to politics.

I learned that from reading an article about this couple by the way interestingly enough.

Now obviously I'm not saying women shouldn't be allowed to vote, but we've been told a revisionist history story as to why they weren't allowed to.

Jan 13, 2018
The 'scolding' was on the largely fallacious nature of the comment, and later the assumed position of authority.

For your benefit, here is my style:
Irrespective of who says it, when I spot bullshit and fallacies, disengenuous garbage and misrepresentation, I sometimes challenge it.
Sometimes I talk about videogames too.
Beyond dunning kruger

Aug 17, 2018
Good news. There are exceptions but generally women are a distraction at the top end of businesses. The smart businesses have just added fluff jobs like 'Head of Diversity' and Head of Human Development' and added them to the board to increase the % of women to appease Libshits and NPC's.

The competent and cutthroat women will get far and have an advantage over men (sexual power) but they will need to sacrifice in the family department which many don't want to do.

Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Careful. What you say is true for normal humans but not for the crazy left, i.e. the intersectional cult.
For the latter, it appears there is no distinction between the person and the idea.

You criticized the comment/idea. These "people" think that is the same as criticizing the person. I.e. you committed violence against the person.

Analog, if the artist is as a bad person, then the art is automatically bad as well.

Many of them just have some emotional disorder that means they don't human well.

Feb 1, 2017
For what it's worth (scary stuff):
https://www.reddit.com/r/bestoflegaladvice/comments/7knnng
...since a few people like treating work as a dating scene...
That's how Obamas met. To make things worse, she was his boss.
That's, in fact, how huge part (dozens of %) of US couples met.

I think taking accusations seriously and then investigating is a good strategy.
I think the problem is that it quickly escalated from "listen to accusers" to "basically believe all (female) accusers".

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018
New Hampshire, USA
The dirty little secret behind all this crap is that it's just a grab for power, it's not about actually helping victims or stopping harassment.

No, it's about creating a society where women have all the power by way of their ability to destroy any man's life with their word alone, no questions asked.

Those who cry the loudest about "patriarchy" simply want to replace it with a matriarchy, what we call "feminism" today could be better described as female supremacism, piggy backing off of and coming under the guise of an earlier movement that simply stood for equality.
Lol

Oct 21, 2018
I just reaaaaaaally don't wanna get banned from here.

I know it's not ERA but I still try to be careful.

I'll be nice and say that feminism in the past had some grains of truth to it, but it was predicated on a big lie and that's the idea that western society has ever truly "hated" women or saw them as necessarily inferior to men.

People used to see men and women as having different roles in society, there's a difference between that and hate, now this could be a fairly oppressive system but it was oppressive for both men and women, something I think too often gets lost.

The "nuclear family" of the 1950s and the whole "housewife" ideal that gets so much hate for example, well, taking care of the home and raising the children was seen as just as crucial as the husband working a job and earning a living, while you can say the whole "Leave it To Beaver" ideal is too strict and that not everyone is going to fit that mold, that some people want different things, let's not go pretending that cooking, cleaning and changing diapers is comparable to slavery or whatever.

And going further back, the reason women used to not be allowed to vote wasn't because women were seen as too stupid for politics, but because society saw women as being above politics.

Politics in the old days was seen as a very dirty game, lots of shouting, arguing, fistfights, wheeling and dealing, women were seen as better than that with more important things to worry about than to "lower" themselves to politics.

I learned that from reading an article about this couple by the way interestingly enough.

Now obviously I'm not saying women shouldn't be allowed to vote, but we've been told a revisionist history story as to why they weren't allowed to.
Jesus what a steaming pile of complete bullshit.

Frederick Banbury, MP for City of London
"Women are likely to be affected by gusts and waves of sentiment.
"Their emotional temperament makes them so liable to it. But those are not the people best fitted in this practical world either to sit in this House... or to be entrusted with the immense power which this bill gives them."

It’s always been about the justice for me. Yes, I know the patriarchy is real. No, I have no bullshit notion of the possibility of equality. I have lived first hand my entire life seeing what life has to offer me when men “defend” me in the tribe. They will stop at nothing to maintain control over women, and justify it by any means necessary. This thread, your words, prove it.

This is absolutely a culture war, and there is always going to be a loser. While it’s time for the other side to lose. Because they deserve it.

Also newsflash feminism has consistently talked about how the patriarchy is also a prison of oppression for men as well.

I’m so tired of this patronizing, fake nonsense. “No! We love women! That’s why we know what’s best. Our roles are actually protecting you. You’ve been brainwashed. Hush, dear.”

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018
Loooool after a bunch of powerful men were exposed by women as being sexual predator a bunch of powerful men are scared about hiring women I wonder why . And you got some sad excse of humans actually defending the companies .
You had a fair share of false accusations from metoo as well which destroyed lives it isnt all black and white, with that being said it is obviously bullshit if now for example ceos plan on hiring less women or invent extra rules for them.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2016
You had a fair share of false accusations from metoo as well which destroyed lives it isnt all black and white, with that being said it is obviously bullshit if now for example ceos plan on hiring less women or invent extra rules for them.

If your all really scared about false accusations why not push for laws that punish false accusations on both side why not call for more resources to be invested in police so they can go through cases more effectively and quickly so false or laws that punish compaines who try to cover shit up ? There's is littearlt hundred of things that can be done to improve . But you got a bunch MRA trash acting like men are being hunt downed and are holding there breath bec ya know women are noe out get them with the grand total of 2% false accusations .

If these men were so "powerful", then they have nothing to fear, eh?

Remind me again if false accusations are so rampant were are the out pour of news about CEO and men being falsely accused ? Wasn't CBS CEO exposed for being a predator and that the board tried to cover it up so he can get his 100mil package . Like I get it its easy to act ignorant and ignore whats actually happening and just scream FEMINISTS

Jun 20, 2018
If your all really scared about false accusations why not push for laws that punish false accusations on both side why not call for more resources to be invested in police so they can go through cases more effectively and quickly so false or laws that punish compaines who try to cover shit up ? There's is littearlt hundred of things that can be done to improve . But you got a bunch MRA trash acting like men are being hunt downed and are holding there breath bec ya know women are noe out get them with the grand total of 2% false accusations .
Yes i want this pretty please but i am also not as naive as you who think democrats would be on board with this because this is all crap democrats fight against and will use as ammunition to push a "hurr attacking victims, see they hate women" narrative and all that bblablab bullshit.
Or did you miss how dems behaved during the mattress girl bullshit? Or did you miss how they behaved during the entire Kava crap, yes we want actual investigations over empty feels and "believe! prove not needed!" crap and we want to punish false accusations.
But thats not what democrats are playing so please spare me the crap you are now pretending as if its conservatives that dont want it when its democrats that use any move towards it as ammunition to attack.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2016
Yes i want this pretty please but i am also not as naive as you who think democrats would be on board with this because this is all crap democrats fight against and will use as ammunition to push a "hurr attacking victims, see they hate women" narrative and all that bblablab bullshit.
Or did you miss how dems behaved during the mattress girl bullshit? Or did you miss how they behaved during the entire Kava crap, yes we want actual investigations over empty feels and "believe! prove not needed!" crap and we want to punish false accusations.
But thats not what democrats are playing so please spare me the crap you are now pretending as if its conservatives that dont want it when its democrats that use any move towards it as ammunition to attack.

Ahh good old selective amnesia are we gonna ignore what happens to women when they speak out constant baggage of death threats and people questioning there sanity the process is messy right now because no one wanted to take it seriously .

You can just sit there and scream the left but at least they have been able to expose dozens of cases of sexual predator and are trying to fix are system . What has anyone here suggested nothing but just crying about false allegations and that women are more NASTY then men.

Aug 29, 2014
This was what I was expecting to happen in smaller businesses, not giving women chances or simply hiring only women that they are related to or by connections. Especially with how blown up the me too movement has been in the media.

Oct 21, 2018
Ahh good old selective amnesia are we gonna ignore what happens to women when they speak out constant baggage of death threats and people questioning there sanity the process is messy right now because no one wanted to take it seriously .

You can just sit there and scream the left but at least they have been able to expose dozens of cases of sexual predator and are trying to fix are system . What has anyone here suggested nothing but just crying about false allegations and that women are more NASTY then men.
Literally people in this thread making jokes about how the accuser is ugly so they don’t believe them

Jun 20, 2018

Lol how do you even say half the shit you do when i literally say i want investigation and prove and not empty feels and "believe" that leftists push and you respond with "so we now ignore women" drivel are you even real?! You side pushes feels over facts when it suits the politics so go away, selective amnesia yes on your part.
You literally had insane leftist metoo idiots make up rape accusations about the founder of atari to the point he was forced to miss his lifetime achievement award and you all did it directly with deliberate lies, bullshit "believe", group think and slander.
None on the left had ANY interest in facts or truth only in smearing, so fuck off pretending the left has actually any interest in pushing for facts in these cases when they literally fight for feels>facts and use it as ammunition against conservatives when they demand fact based investigation.

Last edited:
May 4, 2014
Oh man, my inner statistician always dies a little when I see such entirely made up bullshit numbers.

There is no way to tell or find out the percentage of false accusations. Ever. Axiomatically.

You can state a reasonable certain lower bound (cases that have been proven wrong with sufficient certainty). You can also state an upper bound (100 percent minus the cases proven right beyond reasonable doubt.

That leaves you with a range of lower single digits up to very high double digits. Not exactly helpful. But for anything more specific.. I'd strongly question what you claim to systematically know, that the judges clearly didn't.

We can go through specific "studies" if you have any in mind. But please stop citing made up numbers,it doesn't help anyone's argument.

Last edited:
May 15, 2018
I think #MeToo is a great example of “great intention, terrible execution.”
the metoo thing was always doomed to fail which it did miserably. there is no way a twitter movement based solely on accusations without evidence was going to be end great now there is just a massive distrust and causing an even greater rift between people. im not saying some women lied but at the end it was muddied up by extremely vindictive celebrities. ive always said metoo wasnt about normal people. it never was. it was always about celebrities and now that shit just leaks into other aspects of life

Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Remind me again if false accusations are so rampant were are the out pour of news about CEO and men being falsely accused ? Wasn't CBS CEO exposed for being a predator and that the board tried to cover it up so he can get his 100mil package . Like I get it its easy to act ignorant and ignore whats actually happening and just scream FEMINISTS
That 2% statistic is a lie as it is only the proportion of cases in which there is sufficient evidence to press charges for false accusation. It does not mean that 98% of accusations are true, which is really what you’re trying to say, because it doesn’t account for all of the accusations in which there is insufficient evidence to press charges either way.

Edit: sources.

This 2010 study which the feminist 2% statistic is taken from actually reported the rate at 5.9% with an estimated range from 2 to 10%: https://web.archive.org/web/2018010...gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf

This FBI report puts it at 8% using data from the US Bureau of Justice Statistics: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/1996/96sec2.pdf

Then consider that the data in these two reports were taken primarily from the 1990s when there was no pound me too culture and I would quite comfortably estimate the current rate at higher than 10%. Let’s assume that it is 10% and then apply it to the roughly 100,000 reported rapes in 2017 (https://www.statista.com/statistics/191137/reported-forcible-rape-cases-in-the-usa-since-1990/).

That’s a total of 10,000 false accusations per year. Are you ok with that?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
  • Zog

Zog

Who’s being demonized and bullied? Straight men? Lmao
Why is it that some people can't accept that men can be bullied? Every man knows that all it takes is an accusation and he could lose everything and the truth doesn't matter because before guilt or innocence is determined, lots of damage has been done. False accusers rarely get punished and even if they do, the accused man isn't getting back what he lost. Are you one of those people who believe that men benefit from false accusations?

Either way, it's foolish to expect men not to protect themselves.

Feb 23, 2016
That 2% statistic is a lie as it is only the proportion of cases in which there is sufficient evidence to press charges for false accusation. It does not mean that 98% of accusations are true, which is really what you’re trying to say, because it doesn’t account for all of the accusations in which there is insufficient evidence to press charges either way.

Edit: sources.

This 2010 study which the feminist 2% statistic is taken from actually reported the rate at 5.9% with an estimated range from 2 to 10%: https://web.archive.org/web/2018010...gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf

This FBI report puts it at 8% using data from the US Bureau of Justice Statistics: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/1996/96sec2.pdf

Then consider that the data in these two reports were taken primarily from the 1990s when there was no pound me too culture and I would quite comfortably estimate the current rate at higher than 10%. Let’s assume that it is 10% and then apply it to the roughly 100,000 reported rapes in 2017 (https://www.statista.com/statistics/191137/reported-forcible-rape-cases-in-the-usa-since-1990/).

That’s a total of 10,000 false accusations per year. Are you ok with that?
sooo this why youve been chasing me on thred and your acting all smug even that you caught me wrong even tho the the 8% you cited is also wrong since it never seen gain

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2000/00sec2.pdf

yes im fine with 10000 false accusation(which is wrong) since are system can be improved and a false accusation isnt a sentencing compared to 100000 rape cases a year which if you didn't know is heavily under reported . but its good know your priority all that you guys have done is cry about false accusation which is consider minuscule compared to actual problem we have at hand. so i ask whats do suggest as solution to this problem besides crying about the left and sjw?

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
sooo this why youve been chasing me on thred and your acting all smug even that you caught me wrong even tho the the 8% you cited is also wrong since it never seen gain

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2000/00sec2.pdf

yes im fine with 10000 false accusation(which is wrong) since are system can be improved and a false accusation isnt a sentencing compared to 100000 rape cases a year which if you didn't know is heavily under reported . but its good know your priority all that you guys have done is cry about false accusation which is consider minuscule compared to actual problem we have at hand. so i ask whats do suggest as solution to this problem besides crying about the left and sjw?

Feb 23, 2016
whats the gotcha point here ? should we stop investigating crimes because there could be false accusations? kind of hard to understand toddlers these when they cant put even effort in typing a response?

and in the end all of you is run around in a circle and said nothing of value and haven't responded any point iv made and your surprised to take people like you seriously . i understand your time is worthless but how about you stop wasting mine?

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
whats the gotcha point here ? should we stop investigating crimes because there could be false accusations? kind of hard to understand toddlers these when they cant put even effort in typing a response?

and in the end all of you is run around in a circle and said nothing of value and haven't responded any point iv made and your surprised to take people like you seriously . i understand your time is worthless but how about you stop wasting mine?
Interesting. You want to speak quantitatively when you think only 2% of rape allegations are false. Now that I have demonstrated how wrong that number is, you’ve switched to speaking qualitatively and appealing to emotion. You’re giving me Forest Whitaker eye.

Feb 23, 2016
Interesting. You want to speak quantitatively when you think only 2% of rape allegations are false. Now that I have demonstrated how wrong that number is, you’ve switched to speaking qualitatively and appealing to emotion. You’re giving me Forest Whitaker eye.

lol i admit my number is wrong and your number was wrong also so get off that high hourse . what is the appeal to emotion you speak of i ask a logical question that you still havent given a response after i asked multiple times . so i ask you again are you actually gonna have some guts and respond or are you gonna keep dancing around like a spinless jelly?

Jun 20, 2018
whats the gotcha point here ? should we stop investigating crimes because there could be false accusations?
Its the opposite dude you should investigate EVERY crime before making up your mind no matter the genitals dude but thats not how many on the left base think especially not when campus ideology (mattress girl) or god forbid politics (kava) are involved.
Again investigate everything and ignore every single person that demands narratives of "feels>fact" or spread crap like "demanding a investigation means you are attacking the victim" these kinda fools should be ignored.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
lol i admit my number is wrong and your number was wrong also so get off that high hourse . what is the appeal to emotion you speak of i ask a logical question that you still havent given a response after i asked multiple times . so i ask you again are you actually gonna have some guts and respond or are you gonna keep dancing around like a spinless jelly?
lol the 8% number is not wrong. I suggest you learn to read and have another go.

Feb 23, 2016
Its the opposite dude you should investigate EVERY crime before making up your mind no matter the genitals dude but thats not how many on the left base think especially not when campus ideology (mattress girl) or god forbid politics (kava) are involved.
Again investigate everything and ignore every single person that demands narratives of "feels>fact" or spread crap like "demanding a investigation means you are attacking the victim" these kinda fools should be ignored.
okkkk so your point is we should investigate the claims so what the problem with investigating what the Meetoo movment bring to light?

lol the 8% number is not wrong. I suggest you learn to read and have another go.
oh ok i see 8 i misread youve won on that point. ill edit my post( i blame it on being in the middle of finals) its 8% from 1996 also you conveniently left out the statstic was never used again after that so .

https://web.archive.org/web/2018010...gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf

2%-10%

now are you actually gonna respond to any of my other points now?

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
okkkk so your point is we should investigate the claims so what the problem with investigating what the Meetoo movment bring to light?

oh ok i see 8 i misread youve won on that point. ill edit my post( i blame it on being in the middle of finals) its 8% from 1996 also you conveniently left out the statstic was never used again after that so .

https://web.archive.org/web/2018010...gov/conference/handouts/False-Allegations.pdf

2%-10%

now are you actually gonna respond to any of my other points now?
Good on you for admitting your mistake. That's very rare, especially on the internet. Respect :messenger_fistbump:

What was the culture like in the 90s? Do you think women were as incentivised to report rapes back then as they are now? Do you think the #MeToo climate would increase, decrease, or have no effect on the false accusation rate of 8%? It seems to me as though your arguments have been formed around an assumed low incidence of false accusations. Does this new information allow you to see it from a different angle and does it change your opinion at all?

Which points have I not responded to?

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2016
Good on you for admitting your mistake. That's very rare, especially on the internet. Respect :messenger_fistbump:

What was the culture like in the 90s? Do you think women were as incentivised to report rapes back then as they are now? Do you think the #MeToo climate would increase, decrease, or have no effect on the false accusation rate of 8%? It seems to me as though your arguments have been formed around an assumed low incidence of false accusations. Does this new information allow you to see it from a different angle and does it change your opinion at all?

Which points have I not responded to?

i dont mind admitting fault especial when giving wrong info.

false accusation are bound to happen with any crime as i suggested in post above if it is a huge problem i wouldn't mind uping laws that punish false accusations and i think there can be other things done to reduce the burden on people who are falsely accused . even at 8% i dont see that as big of a risk compared to the amount of actual legitimate cases and i think that percentage can be reduce if the problem is actually taking seriously and if we adjust and invest in are legal system accordingly . i think the meetoo movement are encouraging people to report there case which should be a good thing as i already the crime is under reported so actually getting people to come out should shed light on the problem and gives us more data should make it easier to understand and improve are system it might increase that the rate of false accusation do to he influx but unless the rate is abnormally high i dont see a problem and the movement should quite down once are law system is able to Handel the problem effectively.

my question do you think are current system is effective? and if not how would you suggest improving it.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
i dont mind admitting fault especial when giving wrong info.

false accusation are bound to happen with any crime as i suggested in post above if it is a huge problem i wouldn't mind uping laws that punish false accusations and i think there can be other things done to reduce the burden on people who are falsely accused . even at 8% i dont see that as big of a risk compared to the amount of actual legitimate cases and i think that percentage can be reduce if the problem is actually taking seriously and if we adjust and invest in are legal system accordingly . i think the meetoo movement are encouraging people to report there case which should be a good thing as i already the crime is under reported so actually getting people to come out should shed light on the problem and gives us more data should make it easier to understand and improve are system it might increase that the rate of false accusation do to he influx but unless the rate is abnormally high i dont see a problem and the movement should quite down once are law system is able to Handel the problem effectively.

my question do you think are current system is effective? and if not how would you suggest improving it.
I don't say this to be disrespectful, but I think you are ignorant of history. This argument has been made many times in many different ways over the course of human history. I suggest reading up on Blackstone's Formulation and going from there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone's_ratio.

Nov 3, 2013
But solving the issue of harrasment shouldn't be to get rid of women. How about stop hiring people who harass and make it very clear that at work its strictly professional and the work place isn't a dating site or hook up club.
This has nothing to do with harrasment, it has to do with allegations = veredict = career destroyed. I never harrassed anybody and if some female coworker wanted she could say I harrassed her and I would be marked as a sexual assaulter and fired. And even if 5 years later a jury officially said I'm innocent my professional life would be already destroyed, so better take 0 chances at this happening.

The way to solve this issue is to make those allegations not free for the liars.