• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruit Ninja for iPhone - Gameplay, Updates, Competitions and GAF!

yophlow

Banned
That's great to hear Remy! Any chance you could post some pictures of you playing on the iPad? It would be great for everyone here to check out. We're obviously investigating an iPad version but haven't seen anyone in action just yet.

Bought it this morning and played it in spurts. Awesome game and very addicting. I used GAF as a personal goal and saw tbs someone hit 230 or so, so i played until i hit 247. I see that someone has hit 270 something so thats my new goal... Although im sure its only a matter of time before some bastard out there with way too much timr achieves a score thats in the thousands :| feel free to add me btw: zazen_incidents

Edit: hit 276. Someone on gaf needs to win this

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
OK...I'm having some troubles with the game after downloading the update.

For some reason, the game no longer recognizes any of my slices, meaning that I can't even start the game. The game is picking up touches on the screen (i.e. I can toggle the music and sound effects and the animated "slicing hand" moves to the last icon that I touched), but when I slice across the icon to select it--nothing.

I'm playing on an iPod Touch, and this is certainly not a problem with the device. My other apps all work fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

yophlow

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:
OK...I'm having some troubles with the game after downloading the update.

For some reason, the game no longer recognizes any of my slices, meaning that I can't even start the game. The game is picking up touches on the screen (i.e. I can toggle the music and sound effects and the animated "slicing hand" moves to the last icon that I touched), but when I slice across the icon to select it--nothing.

I'm playing on an iPod Touch, and this is certainly not a problem with the device. My other apps all work fine.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hey Phil, we've had a few reports come through. Easy to fix - reboot your device. Should work like a charm after that. Let me know if you are successful!

Whimsical Phil

HalfbrickPhil said:
Hey Phil, we've had a few reports come through. Easy to fix - reboot your device. Should work like a charm after that. Let me know if you are successful!
Worked like a charm, thanks! Don't know why I didn't think to do that earlier. :\

Great addition with the current high score always on screen, too.

Also, add lemons.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just bought it. It's pretty sweet. You should make the 300th fruit that comes out the NeoGAF logo.

yophlow

Banned
Thanks for that Phil, all good. We are getting reports from people across a bunch of different devices of this occurring, except it's hard to pin down. For example, plenty of 3G iPhones work just fine, whereas others have trouble swiping. Your iTouch is actually the very first of its kind we've seen having this problem. We're working on a minor bug update to take care of this issue that should submit tomorrow (before the next major update with new content in about two weeks time).

Regardless, the fix is always the same and it always works, just reboot. So with that in mind, I would like to ask a favor from someone in this thread:

Could you find a device, preferably an old 3G iPhone (not a 3GS), which doesn't currently have Fruit Ninja downloaded? I would like to see if the swiping problems occur in any new game download after the update, or just specifically games which have been updated with no restart. So, grab a device, download the game from scratch (if you don't mind paying the $1) and just boot it up to see if it works as normal. If there are problems with swiping OR it runs fine, please let me know!

Other than this bug, all the feedback from the update has been great and all the previous bugs were fixed. We're currently sitting at #12 in All Apps in the USA, and still rising. Thanks again for your ratings and support - we'll break the top 10 very soon!

Whimsical Phil

I just (really) topped my most recent high score. I'm now ranked 38 on the overall leaderboard!

2ea4pqf

2dszb9f

Bernbaum

The game is selling like all sorts of crazy. From Halfbrick's twitter:

Fruit Ninja update - #1 Germany, #2 Australia, #3 Canada, #4 USA! Solid lineup, I can't wait until we're #1 in all. Amazing updates soon!

Mar

Saw a guy playing this on the train today. Well, more like, watched a guy play it. The train was packed and there was nowhere else to look. He didn't seem to mind that he had an audience of about 10 people.

Looked cool.

darkwing

noneofexion said:
new version out!

http://toucharcade.com/2010/05/21/fruit-ninja-gets-a-big-update/

(from store) new:
- ZEN MODE! This is a brand new way to play Fruit Ninja. No bombs, no lives - just fruit! You have 90 seconds in each game to slash to your heart's content, mastering swiping and ending the journey of many juicy opponents! Better yet, there is a little something extra to help rack up even higher scores...

- COMBO ATTACKS! Do you see three fruit in the air? Slash them all in one swipe for a +3 point bonus! Four fruit scores a +4 bonus, and the combos just keep getting higher! To truly master Fruit Ninja you must practice this incredible technique. Combo attacks are now featured in BOTH Classic mode and Zen mode!

- COMBO AWARDS! At the end of each Zen mode game, your best fruit slash combo will be displayed on screen and you will receive an awesome award for your Fruit Ninja prowess!

- NEW FRUIT! Delicious limes and red apples!

- NEW ACHIEVEMENTS!

- JUICE SPLATTER! Now optimized for awesome performance on fast devices!

anyone try out the update yet?

tried it, pretty sweet! :D

yophlow

Banned
Awesome stuff guys! Fruit Ninja is currently in these worldwide ranks in all paid apps.

#2 in Australia
#2 in New Zealand
#3 in USA
#3 in UK
#3 in Israel
#3 in China
#3 in Sweden
#4 in Denmark
#4 in France
#4 in Italy

And it goes on like that. We are top five in almost every major iPhone market. Thanks so much for all your support, we're over the moon and will keep working on Fruit Ninja to add new content!

My girlfriend has been addicted to this game for the past 4 days we've been on vacation. I honestly can't pry her from it, haha. She's rocking a record at about 190 right now. Good to see a Halfbrick dev here on GAF. :D

Whimsical Phil

Not that this helps Fruit Ninja in any way, but I totally just bought the Avatar (of the Airbender variety) game that Halfbrick made for the DS. It's pretty good from what I've played of it so far.

Baconbitz

Banned
I just bought the game two days ago. An idea is for you to add more time if you complete a combo

for ex:
3 combo = 3 mins

Shaneus

The three pineapples-in-a-row dojo thing is fucking impossible. That is all.

Remy said:
Hey Phil, how do you guys feel about this? Because it seems pretty shameless to me.
Cheap. Though I've been hoping for a multi-slice in Fruit Ninja, but that might be a little tricky to implement on oldschool iPhones.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Congrats to the Halfbrick guys on Fruit Ninja. Has had the staying power to rack up some phenomenal sales.

You totally deserve it for the efforts you have made with original IP over the last couple of years.

GeeDuhb

So, I have seen this in the app store, but never thought much of it. Going to buy it right now after reading this thread! It is cool to see little devs hitting it big on the app store!

Top Bottom