• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck Subway

Tadaima

I ordered a delicious looking meaty sub yesterday but ended up with chilli chicken. Should have paid more attention when they were adding vegetables but Fuck Subway.

Nephtis

Could have been something before it.

I’ve been lucky in that I know the guys at the subway near my house, so I always know they do their best for mine lol

Anustart

I don't know how most people on gaf survive. If it isn't a 200$ a plate dinner it gives everyone the shits/vomiting/death.

JordanN

Banned
The actual smell of a Subway store is enough to make you sick.

They say it's the bread but I never smell that shit from a Quiznos or an actual bakery.

Basoes

The actual smell of a Subway store is enough to make you sick.

They say it's the bread but I never smell that shit from a Quiznos or an actual bakery.

It's the opposite for me, Quiznos is the one with the horrible smell, can't even stand in the building

Soltype

giphy.gif

t-storm

Last time I went to subway I ordered a toasted sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich and somehow the chicken was still ice cold and I later had diarrhea. Never again.
Mmmm but a well made sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub is oh so goooooddd...

I could eat 100

*drools*

Small and independent sandwich shops are where it is at.

Yeah I'm a bit biased, but I too have been on the receiving end of food poisoning from not only Subway, but Mr. Pickles.

So if any of you folks want to have a delicious sandwich and are in the bay area, come on down! :p

Ubername

Banned
Damn, vomitting and shitting, dude? You sure you didn't consume something else.

And the one experience I had at a subway, I was like 12 with some kids and I bought a coke and the cashier gave me funny looks for some reason, so fuck that place. Haven't been there since.

Check out Jersey Mike's, it'll will blow subway's out of the park like a cannon.

Damn, vomitting and shitting, dude? You sure you didn't consume something else.

And the one experience I had at a subway, I was like 12 with some kids and I bought a coke and the cashier gave me funny looks for some reason, so fuck that place. Haven't been there since.

Check out Jersey Mike's, it'll will blow subway's out of the park like a cannon.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. It's been going on for five hours, though I've only puked three times total. I just feel terrible.

Never gotten bad shit or vomit from fast food restaurants actually. Only on a few occasion at suspect smaller restaurants or from eating something at home.

Red Comet

Used to love tuna salad until I had a tuna sub at Subway back in February. Made me violently sick and I have not had tuna nor Subway since. Thanks, Jared.

Z..

Just to ask OP are you in america?

I keep hearing that subway in america is really bad, but I think it's really good (UK).

You have no idea how much worse corporate fast food is over there. I was shocked. McD's is terrible, BK goes from near excellent to extremely average and KFC tastes funky. Their Wendy's are better than ours used to be, though. Never go to Whitecastle, btw... shit is just dowright revolting.
These brands are all pretty decent throughout Europe, it was so surprising how much worse they were when visiting. Great food trucks and street food in general, though, top notch stuff.

My experience is limited to the Northeast, however, so maybe things are different Pacific side, the Northwestern states seem to have their shit together when it comes to their standards, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know how most people on gaf survive. If it isn't a 200$ a plate dinner it gives everyone the shits/vomiting/death.

Some are just more sensitive. I've never had diarrhea ever in my entire life and have only vomitted 4 times (all alcohol related) and I enjoy eating the most brutal and intense crap I can find on a regular basis and have admittedly pretty bad dietary habits on weekends. Some bodies handle certain types of things better, that's all it comes down to. My whole family got salmonella poisining, everyone else was living a nightmare, all it gave me was heartburn and bad breath and I had the most eggs from the batch.
A close friend is the opposite, though, so I've seen how real shit can get pretty frequently.

lachesis

I actually prefer subway to most other fast food joints. Although I am not a vegetarian by any means - but I do enjoy their veggie delight quite a bit. Not their meaty sandwiches though...

I hope you feel better OP. That's weird though, Subway would be the last of the fast-food / junk-food outlets that I'd consider to be vomit worthy. That said, I'm from Australia so our corporate food standards on businesses might be different.

wondermega

We had a subway in the plaza I worked at like 12 years ago, I ate there maybe once a week - always the turkey sandwich. Took close to two years, but it finally hit me and got me puking/diarrhea for a good night.

I didn't touch it for probably 6mo after that, at least. At which point I probably returned to averaging once a week again. Anyway the food is far from great but it's definitely at least good. Still like the turkey and the steak and cheese will always be my favorite! But if Jimmy John's was closer I'd honestly never go.

down 2 orth

Subways definitely differ depending on the country they're in. In a lot of their Asian stores they just put a tiny sprinkling of the veggies you choose onto your subway and they turn you down if you ask for more.

Greedy bastards will do whatever they can get away with depending on what culture they're in, that's probably why the American ones taste worse as well.

OrionFalls

Never had any issues with Subway over here in the UK. The restaurants are always clean, the staff are acceptable, and the food tastes fine. I only really ever have a meatball marinara on hearty Italian, and they never fail to fill me up. I’ve never had the shits or puked my guts up as a result.

t-storm

I always hated subway been there like 2-3 times in my life.

I can't see what people like about it.
Eating fresh, healthy, green and non-processed is in now but it wasn’t too long ago that it wasn’t and fast food courts only had the New York Fries, A&Ws, KFCs etc... back then Subway really was one of the more ‘healthier’ eating options at the time.

Then we found out their bread contained the same plastic resin preservative that’s found in yoga mats.

12 hours later I'm no longer shitting and puking. But my stomach still hurts like hell.

Definitely food poisoning.
Real food poisoning is much, much worse and you'd be in the hospital. Something you ate just doesn't agree or you could be sick from something else.

That being said I only eat subway if I am in a huge hurry, I've got better and just as cheap options around work. I'm quite a fan of Which Wich.

Top Bottom