• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Auto 2: Battlelines - New Screens (Still no AF)

Mmmkay

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/825/825014/imgs_1.html
full-auto-2-battlelines-20060830012732229.jpg

full-auto-2-battlelines-20060830012730729.jpg

full-auto-2-battlelines-20060830012729573.jpg

full-auto-2-battlelines-20060830012725151.jpg

A couple from yesterday too, I don't think they were posted yet:
full-auto-2-battlelines-20060829020033815.jpg

full-auto-2-battlelines-20060829020032206.jpg

full-auto-2-battlelines-20060829020044847.jpg

There's a new video too:
http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/825/825014/vids_1.html

Mojovonio

Banned
wasn't this confirmed as a 360 game too now?

God it looks bad.

GIVE ME TWISTED METAL! Sweettooth could own all of these shitboxes!

Mojovonio

Banned
Foil said:
Hell yes! A PS3 Twisted Metal will sell me the console the second it's announced.

I wish I could find the TM:B intro on the net soomewhere, where "Paint it black starts up and then goes into the menu and BAM! There's sweettooths face and the intro music.

Best into ever.

Mojovonio said:
I wish I could find the TM:B intro on the net soomewhere, where "Paint it black starts up and then goes into the menu and BAM! There's sweettooths face and the intro music.

Best into ever.

**** yea. The game is still awesome.

llTll

Banned
Mojovonio said:

Best into ever.

how did twisted metal black sales go?

i remember they even released an online disk to play it online.

man i so love twisted metal .

Mojovonio

Banned
llTll said:
how did twisted metal black sales go?

i remember they even released an online disk to play it online.

man i so love twisted metal .

I hope Jaffe comes back on board to do the next installment.

What is Incog working on these days anyhow?

Foil

Mojovonio said:

Best into ever.

That song fit so well into the game. The best part is where they remade the song into a haunty musical piece for the menus. Screw it, I'm going to go play that right now. lol

Hopefully TM PS3 is as dark as Black was.

http://www.tmalliance.com/mp3/tmb_title.mp3

titlescreentmbgp4.jpg

Mojovonio said:
I hope Jaffe comes back on board to do the next installment.

What is Incog working on these days anyhow?

They're doing Warhawk for launch, then... hopefully Twisted Metal.

Striek

....those top screens look great. IQ and some textures could use some work, but :thumbsup:

All of PS3s 'bad looking' titles seem to no longer look bad at all (also see; UTL, Fatal Inertia, Genji, Motorstorm etc.). Whodathunkit. Alpha Beta Zeta kits ftw? :p

squicken

Why would anyone buy this? PS3 owners will have Motorstorm, and 360 owners will have the memory of how awful the first one was.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
squicken said:
Why would anyone buy this? PS3 owners will have Motorstorm, and 360 owners will have the memory of how awful the first one was.

Motorstorm doesn't have missles and guns and this ain't the 360 game.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
squicken said:

Well for the most obvious one, Motorstorm doesn't have weapons or environments that can be damaged/driven through.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Amir0x said:
now now DarienA, I'm pretty sure motorstorm AT LEAST has environments you can drive through ;)

You know what I mean dammit. ;) As clarification I mean environmental objects(buildings and such), that you can crash/drive through, as oppose to be limited to the "track".

Damn smartass. ;)

REV 09

i played the 360 version all the way through and enjoyed it. Full Auto 2 in motion looks better than the 360 version, however, i think that has more to do w/ the extra year of development than the difference in platforms. There are quite a few effects that bring it to life more than the 360 version. I also like the destructibility elements (big ball) that now affect the gameplay. I wouldn't write it off folks, and i wouldn't assume that Motorstorm is superior either.

squicken

I'm just advising you not to get your hopes up. At its core, this series is no good. It's a racing game where the actual driving is not fun.

Gigglepoo

squicken said:
I'm just advising you not to get your hopes up. At its core, this series is no good. It's a racing game where the actual driving is not fun.

My hopes are through the roof. As someone in another thread said, "Full Auto is the best thing to ever happen to Sega." Car combat was an important genre for a two year stretch in the 90s. Who's to say it can't be reinvigorated? Who's to say Sega won't be able to inject some life into a seemingly dead genre? The videos look damn fun and the original was at least entertaining for the first few hours. With a little spit polish and a good multiplayer mode, this could be a genuine sleeper hit for the PS3.

Of course, unless I land a good job soon, I will have to be content playing this on my X360 early next year. Either way, it's one I'm keeping my eye on.

Top Bottom