• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full F-Zero AX arcade game found on F-Zero GX disc

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/ha...e-hidden-in-nintendo-gamecubes-f-zero-gx.html

While many of us have been content with F-Zero GX and its many offerings, others have since decided to dig deeper into the decade old game. Upon doing so, they managed to strike gold. Not only were the previously mentioned unlockable AX race tracks included within retail copies of the Gamecube game, but also the entire F-Zero AX arcade game too, in a fully playable form.

This hidden version of the game, of course, features the much loved timed-arcade-gameplay into the high speed racer, along with the many different coin-op screens not present in the retail version. Gamers can now enjoy a whole new dimension to F-Zero GX at home in true coin-op style. Suddenly the lack of AX machines out in the wild isn't as upsetting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XexCNEpGdpY#!

So how do you go about enjoying this arcade treat? All you need is the Nintendo Gamecube Action Replay or Gameshark and the PAL or NTSC version of F-Zero GX. Using the codes below, you'll be granted access to this hidden portion of the game:

Code to access AX [PAL]

Z60V-MZG0-VRAQ2
3DFJ-55T9-J5J7P
NBCW-U1NV-0JDJG
HK7K-0RFW-FNQ8Y
PF4U-P5D0-862X1
9D4X-PVXV-R3FNV
Q7PM-1678-XE7FW
UAB4-HZ2F-AW6X5
T6UV-03PE-1H26C
BN71-WCD5-DYDNW
FHW5-F3D3-B2UZ5
NJR5-FE19-GQ851
5FRQ-P6M4-096F3
85KV-QPJD-4U999
VXM8-U9Y8-URZPR
VZFH-H43M-5N6E3
G71V-JPGY-BPDDZ
GUZD-V5KT-UBKA8

Code to access AX [NTSC-U]

61TA-AXPK-UAV9E
EHJV-6U30-2DTVE
NBCW-U1NV-0JDJG
HK7K-0RFW-FNQ8Y
PF4U-P5D0-862X1
7HUZ-2PJY-J5TTU
Q7PM-1678-XE7FW
YW2J-AUVE-R79V8
T6UV-03PE-1H26C
R91R-1A6J-ZXN30
1GHM-VQ7W-7HBWW

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
Wow!! Is there a list of the differences somewhere? I wonder if the arcade version is better is some ways.

Vitacat

Whoah, really?!

I'll have to get a GC Gameshark or AR sometime. I guess eBay has them? I wonder what they go for?

It saddens me that this gen will have no finds like this in coming years, as everything got microstransationsed to hel.l

Very neat. There is a Celebration Station near me that has an AX set-up. Its pretty fun to play on.

This game work with any racing wheels?

EDIT: This game is so ridiculously fun and beautiful.

Mother of God.

I think I have a GC Action Replay disc somewhere, but if this could be done via Wii homebrew it would be more awesome.

Edit: Or Dolphin @_@

SirLarr

Neo Member
That's so cool! There was an arcade near my college that actually got an AX cabinet, otherwise I'd be retroactively pissed about this.

It's pretty amazing that after numerous of years this was finally found. How this was not found before kinda baffles me. Would like to try this out but don't own a gameshark. Is there a Gamecube gameshark emulation via Dolphin? Would LOVE to try this out.

Tain

I'm not fully versed on the game. Is there not a mode in GX that basically contains the entirety of AX already?

I know that the game isn't a typical arcade-to-home port (since the home version came out first, I think), but I assumed GX already had a pure arcade-style mode that allowed it to be treated as a home version of AX.

It's pretty amazing that after numerous of years this was finally found. How this was not found before kinda baffles me. Would like to try this out but don't own a gameshark. Is there a Gamecube gameshark emulation via Dolphin? Would LOVE to try this out.

Dolphin has Action Replay support.

Nyoro SF

How did they look into the disc? I really want to take a look inside my Viewtiful Joe disc and see if there's any beta content...

Def Jukie

wee-bey-oh-shit.gif

This is incredible. I love game hackers.

I wonder if there's a way to do this on a Wii. Maybe with Gecko or whatever the homebrew channel cheat system is called?

Ivan 3414

According to the youtube video, this was found back in November 2012. Why is this just coming to our attention now?

Top Bottom