• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Killzone: Shadow Fall boxart (front and back)

BibiMaghoo

That box art is concerning.

There is nothing to say it supports 720p / 1080i TV's? I have 1080p, but not everyone does. In the past, the boxes have displayed all useable resolutions.

Caayn

Think that the cover would have looked better of the soldier on the front with its drone was removed.

Feindflug

I really hope that the bf4 box actually says 900p. Would be nice to know they are telling the truth about resolution this gen.

That's not gonna happen since it will likely cause confusion. BTW in the Ghosts boxart (is it confirmed to be true?) the resolutions written were 720p,1080i & 1080p while this one only states 1080p.

Woorloog

Banned
Do away with the soldier and his floating Roomba and you've got a good cover.

Asked this last time there was a thread about this game's cover. Someone 'shopped it and it looked great.

EDIT here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63416141&postcount=162

Credit to StalkerUKCG:
IEZg2Xy.jpg

JoshHood

That's not gonna happen since it will likely cause confusion. BTW in the Ghosts boxart (is it confirmed to be true?) the resolutions written were 720p,1080i & 1080p while this one only states 1080p.
The Ghosts boxart was European, this is US. There's a difference between the two lots of 'back of box crap' on PS3 too. I guess EU says supported resolutions, US just max (which would always be 1080p if the scaler works as it supposedly does).

Feindflug

The Ghosts boxart was European, this is US. There's a difference between the two lots of 'back of box crap' on PS3 too. I guess EU says supported resolutions, US just max (which would always be 1080p if the scaler works as it supposedly does).

Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Nah, too much empty space.
They could've moved the title down. It wouldn't looked much better that way, love me dat Minimalism.

Well spotted.

Asked this last time there was a thread about this game's cover. Someone 'shopped it and it looked great.

EDIT here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63416141&postcount=162

Credit to StalkerUKCG:
Nice.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Omg we going through this, 45 GB is NOT MANDATORY INSTALL. Read the other threads ppl!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704440

What it does is the game is cached onto the hard drive and gets deleted
Damn this post SAVED ME! I started freaking out when I saw the 45 gig minimum on the box thinking I wouldn't be able to buy more than 8-11 games on my PS4 without having to get another HD.
Nope, it will be a minimum of 45GB. All games will fully copy to the HDD as you play and eventually end up running fully from the HDD.

Acheteedo

In these days of indistinguishable covers with full-body-man-with-gun front and centre, this cover, while still containing the man-with-gun, manages to look really unique and stylish, I love it.

GAF will probably design a better cover. Also, I hate the gradient they put on the icons of online play and such, it looks horribly 90s-ish and does not fit the flatness of the rest of the box.

I only went back and noticed when I read your comment, but I agree. I'd rather the network/hardware notifications were together in one row, and all the icons like SCE, Havok etc were above that together on one row. It looks a bit all over the place as it stands.

ref

Still really hard to decide whether I want physical or digital for games.

But man, that cover art and even the PS4 cases in general and very sexy.

EGM1966

45GB?! what? I thought the game was 37-39.7GB?

Given the news about caching a presume that is the minimum free space required to cache the game as you play? Otherwise I'm getting really mixed up whether PS4 installs or requires a temporary cache space (I'd prefer the latter myself - i.e. always keep roughly 50GB open to cache games).

onken

Sorry not a fan, looks like a Vin Diesel movie that sat in a can for a few years.

Still buying it whenever the fuck it comes out here.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Given the news about caching a presume that is the minimum free space required to cache the game as you play? Otherwise I'm getting really mixed up whether PS4 installs or requires a temporary cache space (I'd prefer the latter myself - i.e. always keep roughly 50GB open to cache games).
All they mean by cache is that the install process is done seamlessly.

One thing concerns me, I thought maybe sony would try and get rid of the cross region psn stores/networks.

Online multiplayer also requires a ps+ membership. SCEA may retire the online portion of this game at any time.

So still separate SCEA, SCEJ and SCEE divisions running the stores, sigh.

EGM1966

All they mean by cache is that the install process is done seamlessly.

Yeah but the use of cache implies it'll be temp - the confusion seems to be confirming this judging by what I can find : i.e. no one is sure if it's a full on background install or a temp cache that can be deleted later (either by you or the OS).

One thing though - for sure on both PS4 and XB1 500 GB isn't going to be that much really if all games have to be installed to play - not with the big hitters needing 40GB to 50GB.

Looks alright. Less emphasis on the Helghast helmets makes it look more like a CoD cover.

Really?

modernwarfare_boxarts.jpg

CallOfDutyGhostsBoxArt.jpg

vs.

playstation-4-box-art.jpg

It's a lot more artistic than the COD covers in my opinion. It's more simplistic and a lot more striking because of the colours and minimalism. As for them dropping the Helghast mask for the cover, I think that's interesting and indicative that Echo is now the personal villain who is of greater importance than the Helghast masses at large. Also, again, it feels like Sony and Guerrilla are treating this game as a soft reboot of sorts, so they're trying to put a bit of distance between this game and its forebears while still keeping them within touching distance.

EDIT - I also wonder, if COD DOGs has really bad sales relative to the others in the series (and I think it will, unless the reviews are amazing), I wonder how much weight Activision will put into the protagonist not visibly wielding a gun on the box art.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The games installs as you play. You still need the space on your HDD though.
Yeah I think you'll need that amount free at any given time but I still don't think it'll use 30-50gb per game that remains on the HDD

tipoo

Banned
The words on the back are perhaps the most generic thing in the universe.

Front looks decent though. And yeah, not the first time the in-game model looks different from a static model an artist spent more time on (or wasn't limited by in game tech).

Top Bottom