• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of FF songs for FFXV's car radio released

For what it's worth, Justice Monsters V exists within the game world, so a purchaseable Justice Monsters V soundtrack makes perfect sense and might be something one of the bros is even into.

On the other hand, tracks from Kingsglaive make absolutely zero canonical sense, so I guess this is one of those suspension of disbelief things. ;p
I'm looking forward to the FF spirits within radio tracks,perhaps DLC?

Really strange to have so much music from the Dissidia games. What gives.
where are you going with this?

Wow, I had no idea you could listen to music in the car. And so many songs, even the Triple Triad song from FFVIII! I hope there's a ten minute car drive before the final boss so I can listen to the entirety of Dancing Mad before it.

They should give the chocobos radios too, so you can listen to music while riding them.

Fantastic track list, just as expected, but I won't lie - I'm genuinely disappointed by the lack of music from X-2, XIII-2 (one of the secret best FF soundtracks), Lightning Returns, Mystic Quest, and Advent Children. I totally get that they had to draw the line somewhere and "base mainline games and FFXV series only" is a perfectly reasonable place to do that, but man I wanted to drive around to XIII-2's "Run"...

FF8's soundtrack is just too strong

raw

Burbeting

Banned
Most important part for me was that the overworld themes are in... they seem to be the best fit while driving, not so much battle themes. I'll be rocking blue fields and over the hill while driving, thanks.

Laws00

HOLY SHIT

That's a crazy collection of songs.

Something for everyone. I wonder if they're going to be using the DS versions of some of those songs or the famicom original ones for the game

Wish they added Into the Darkness ~ Mist Cave Theme - FF4 in there

Also where is my Final Fantasy 13-2 and Lighting returns songs? Knight Of The Goddess was hype as fuck for me

And Hope's Theme ~Confessions~ . I can see myself just parting the car or driving with that song.

Athleon

No Terra and Frontier Village Dali from FFIX.

No To Zanarkand from FFX

What the fuck SE.

At least they got VIII right, as far as I can tell.

And no Sunleth Waterscape too aaaaaa

Pejo

Wow! Zi'tah and Ronfaure are both in for that relaxing drive at sunset. This soundtrack list is actually the best news I've heard about this game in a long...long time.

So....when the full stand alone FFXV OST is released, do guys think it'll include all these tracks from the previous games? Technically these are part of the XV soundtrack now. Especially considering how much time you're supposed to be spending on a road trip in the game.

sappyday

So....when the full stand alone FFXV OST is released, do guys think it'll include all these tracks from the previous games? Technically these are part of the XV soundtrack now. Especially considering how much time you're supposed to be spending on a road trip in the game.
Most likely not.

No, not a chance in hell.

Sign

Not so fast, Tabata.

I'm sorry, but you can't just make a game about a road-trip paved with sorrow, and not include the greatest song ever written about sorrow in the radio track-list.

Where is Wandering Flame?

Where is our moment when something dramatic and gut wrenching happens and our four heroes pull over to the side of the road and get out of the vehicle just as the sun begins to set over the horizon? Where is our moment when we take a few steps away from the car with Noctis before falling to our knees, and as we gaze over the few remaining sparks of a dimming sky, Wandering Flame picks up over the radio?

Ignis will reach to silence it, but in unison the player and Noctis will say, "Don't."

Because though we will be sad at the events transpiring, all things will be as they should be. Because sorrow is a part of the aimless wandering of our spirit and subsequently what it means to be alive.

Where is that moment now, Tabata?!! Tabataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Not so fast, Tabata.

I'm sorry, but you can't just make a game about a road-trip paved with sorrow, and not include the greatest song ever written about sorrow in the radio track-list.

Where is our moment when something dramatic and gut wrenching happens and our four heroes pull over to the side of the road and get out of the vehicle just as the sun begins to set over the horizon? Where is our moment when we take a few steps away from the car with Noctis before falling to our knees, and as we gaze over the few remaining sparks of a dimming sky, Wandering Flame picks up over the radio?

Ignis will reach to silence it, but in unison the player and Noctis will say, "Don't."

Because though we will be sad at the events transpiring, all things will be as they should be. Because sorrow is a part of the aimless wandering of our spirit and subsequently what it means to be alive.

I hope you realize that they will almost certainly not have your car radio playing other FF music over any important moments in this game. That would be a terrible decision.

sappyday

Not so fast, Tabata.

It would've been in Nomura's vision

Not so fast, Tabata.

I bet that song was on the radio in Nomura's original vision.

Goddammit beaten!

Not so fast, Tabata.

giphy.gif

Also, that's a really anemic selection of Final Fantasy VII tracks. Come on.

sappyday

The thing I hope they fix is the way you browse through the music. It seems like you have to go through each song until you reach what you want.

Top Bottom