• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Overwatch 2 Gameplay with Pro Players

Vaelka

This game is going to die a few months after it releases just doesnt look that good atall
It's a FPS game with a lot of money behind it, it'll probably outsell Overwatch 1.

As much as we may want to believe otherwise, a lot of the most heavily criticized Blizzard games are also the best selling ones.

betrayal

Banned
You can start with the video below.

It's only one of many videos and it's only about the 1st person view, but it's already enough to put games like CoD, BF etc. to shame. OW is full of details and work, that you won't find in many other AAA games, especially the games mentioned before.

Last edited:

RPS37

I played the shit out of the original, but after glancing at that video I have no intention on buying the new one.
I’ll stick to Apex and Infinite.

iHaunter

You can start with the video below.

It's only one of many videos and it's only about the 1st person view, but it's already enough to put games like CoD, BF etc. to shame. OW is full of details and work, that you won't find in many other AAA games, especially the games mentioned before.

What does this have anything to do with 2.0 being a $60 patch?

MiguelItUp

It's really strange looking at this and associating it with "sequel" as it doesn't really look like a full fledged and solid sequel IMO. Really curious how it will all pan out.

manfestival

I really like the pve content that the game offers from time to time and I find that to be a welcome addition. However, the game looks exactly the same. It is truly a full priced patch.

betrayal

Banned
What does this have anything to do with 2.0 being a $60 patch?

Because they're doing it all over again. Even the first-person animations.

Besides that, this is what you get with this 2.0 60$ "patch":

- extensive PvE campaign, missions and much more, designed for replayability (heroes in PvE have different skill trees etc.)
- re-recording of all sound effects and complete revision of how sounds work (correct propagation and acoustic changes of sound depending on surfaces etc.)
- new graphics engine
- PvP is reduced from 6v6 to 5v5, which changes the complete balance and is enormous work for the dev team
- all heroes getting massively overhauled
- all heroes getting new and improved skins (and btw, that alone is the main feature of the yearly releases of FIFA, Madden etc.)
- 6+ new heroes
- new game modes for PvP
- new PvP maps

And that's only what we know so far. If every developer will provide patches like that, i would gladly pay 60 bucks for that.

This discussion of whether this is a patch or new game is absolutely ridiculous in today's gaming world, which is plastered with annual releases that are just a skin packs. But i guess some people just want to hate some things they don't like orhave no clue about.

- extensive PvE campaign, missions and much more, designed for replayability (heroes in PvE have different skill trees etc.)
- re-recording of all sound effects and complete revision of how sounds work (correct propagation and acoustic changes of sound depending on surfaces etc.)
- new graphics engine
- PvP is reduced from 6v6 to 5v5, which changes the complete balance and is enormous work for the dev team
- all heroes getting new and improved skins (and btw, that alone is the main feature of the yearly releases of FIFA, Madden etc.)
- 6+ new heroes
- new game modes for PvP
- new PvP maps

And that's only what we know so far. If every developer will provide patches like that, i would gladly pay 60 bucks for that.

This discussion of whether this is a patch or new game is absolutely ridiculous in today's gaming world, which is plastered with annual releases that are just a skin packs. But i guess some people just want to hate some things they don't like orhave no clue about.
The big thing is that Overwatch 2 $60 is for the PvE. You dont have to pay anything for the new PVP if u have OW1

betrayal

Banned
The big thing is that Overwatch 2 $60 is for the PvE. You dont have to pay anything for the new PVP if u have OW1

And is that a problem now?

Would it be better to exclude OW1 players and make OW2 a completely new game?

Seriously, I don't understand the logic behind this. A developer decides to offer more options for the benefit of the players and yet it is viewed in a negative way.

And is that a problem now?

Would it be better to exclude OW1 players and make OW2 a completely new game?

Seriously, I don't understand the logic behind this. A developer decides to offer more options for the benefit of the players and yet it is viewed in a negative way.
You misread my intent. Im saying that’s a good thing to note. Nothing in the video is related to a $60 product

Ribi

- new graphics engine
- 6+ new heroes
- new game modes for PvP
- new PvP maps

Theres no way you don't work for blizzard

iHaunter

- new graphics engine
- 6+ new heroes
- new game modes for PvP
- new PvP maps

I see, that's pretty extensive. Still not worth $60 for me IMHO. But $20 for an expansion I'd pay.

Doomtrain

I love the first Overwatch and I’m looking forward to this one. I do wish the PvP looked a little fresher, but I’m sure I’ll play the hell out of it either way.

Banned
So it's a patch for $60?

PSA: for you and everyone on this thread, it seems:

the PvP is a free patch for Overwatch 1 owners.
the new coop modes is a paid thing, how much is not known.

it is also not known if Overwatch 1 basically stops existing after this is released, or if they will be online as 2 separate titles.
from the first pitch of the game back at Blizzcon 2 years ago, it sounded like it will be a patch for the original game, which suggests the old version will become unavailable.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
I see, that's pretty extensive. Still not worth $60 for me IMHO. But $20 for an expansion I'd pay.

Then there are almost no sequels left for which people like you would spend more than 20€. What kind of games do you play then? Indies?

JCK75

I'm excited for it but at the same time I have no idea why they thing these changes justify a full sequel..
if there is an extensive pile of new maps maybe.

BlackTron

from the first pitch of the game back at Blizzcon 2 years ago, it sounded like it will be a patch for the original game, which suggests the old version will become unavailable.

Man that would be terrible. That's the thing with games as a service, they can change or take it away at any time.

I mean it's hard not to see this as just a big update to Overwatch 1, ESPECIALLY when it replaces/overwrites Overwatch 1. As a licensing issue, I would have thought making it an OW1 update would have made more sense, instead of calling it a different game and then having it replace the game you already bought...

But they are on a hot streak of messing up lately so let's see how badly they can botch this!

As a support main, very little they've shown makes me want to keep playing. I expect those dps que times to get even worse going forward.

partime

How would 5v5 (losing 1 tank) work?
It would make D.Va, WB obsolete as teams would need a shield with their offense.

betrayal

Banned
How would 5v5 (losing 1 tank) work?
It would make D.Va, WB obsolete as teams would need a shield with their offense.

They will redesign every hero. Tanks will be more like a DPS with more HP. Rein for example will have two charges of Firestrike, his charge is way more flexible + he can cancel it anytime. Zarya will have multiple charges for her shields and so on.

June

As a support main, very little they've shown makes me want to keep playing. I expect those dps que times to get even worse going forward.

with the requirement of one less tank (the least popular role), dps queue times should improve a good bit.

matches will be ready to start more often since the game wont be waiting around to find a tank from the small pool of tank players

its like when you use the find a group feature, the vast majority of the time 5 players hop in and then everyone waits 5-10 minutes for that final tank to join

BlackM1st

Banned
Bruh. Who asked for this? Who the fuck cares about E sport overwatch? It's dead. And it took normal Overwatch with it.

Naturally, after reducing the number of heroes they will need to buff the rest. But that's on them. People never asked for this shit.

BlackM1st

Banned
with the requirement of one less tank (the least popular role), dps queue times should improve a good bit.

matches will be ready to start more often since the game wont be waiting around to find a tank from the small pool of tank players

its like when you use the find a group feature, the vast majority of the time 5 players hop in and then everyone waits 5-10 minutes for that final tank to join
Role lock was and idiotic decision to begin with. It's anti-fun in its core.

betrayal

Banned
Bruh. Who asked for this? Who the fuck cares about E sport overwatch? It's dead. And it took normal Overwatch with it.

Naturally, after reducing the number of heroes they will need to buff the rest. But that's on them. People never asked for this shit.

Role lock was and idiotic decision to begin with. It's anti-fun in its core.

I think talking to people like you is pointless and a waste of time.

You don't like the game (anymore), which is totally fine. But you don't have to repeat that 20 times, because you don't contribute anything new to the topic.

BlackM1st

Banned
I think talking to people like you is pointless and a waste of time.

You don't like the game (anymore), which is totally fine. But you don't have to repeat that 20 times, because you don't contribute anything new to the topic.
Oh No Reaction GIF by The Bachelor

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Get a glimpse of an early version of Overwatch 2 play tests on New York, Dorado, and Havana. Watch the new 5v5 PvP action with Overwatch Pro League Players from the San Francisco Shock and Dallas Fuel. You'll get to see gameplay with reworks for the heroes including Sombra, Winston, and more.

Timestamps
Intro 0:00
Overwatch 2 New York PvP Map 0:05
Overwatch 2 Dorado PvP Map 16:43
Overwatch 2 Havana PvP Map 31:57

Top Bottom