• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

SeanC

There's Rescue Ranger minis and I think Talespin minis that Funko is doing that are out or about to come out, so I think more Disney Afternoon pops are a guarantee.

Will buy RR easily. Gadget was one of my first crushes...

Sponge

Banned
Funko's CEO Brian confirmed TaleSpin and Rescue Rangers were getting pops during last years Christmas reveals. So, they're coming. Funko just likes taking their time.

Personally though, I hope we get Goofy Movie pops before Goof Troop.

Funko's CEO Brian confirmed TaleSpin and Rescue Rangers were getting pops during last years Christmas reveals. So, they're coming. Funko just likes taking their time.

Personally though, I hope we get Goofy Movie pops before Goof Troop.

They'll end up making a Powerline Funko that's limited to 250 pieces and is exclusive to some convention.

Zero315

Banned
So rumor is that Halloweentown Donald and Goofy are gone forever

Not a rumor, HT said it in a pericope from today that those and the Dragonzord are probably gone forever. Also that their 10 per pop limit was a mistake and will be fixed next year, limited to either 3 or 5. Yeah... no shit the 10 limit was a bad fucking idea.

Well I hope my Hot Topic order gets fulfilled.

I ordered both of those, Scrooge, and the Dragonzord seconds after they went live.

Same, I don't think I've seen anyone saying their HT order has shipped yet though.

Not a rumor, HT said it in a pericope from today that those and the Dragonzord are probably gone forever. Also that their 10 per pop limit was a mistake and will be fixed next year, limited to either 3 or 5. Yeah... no shit the 10 limit was a bad fucking idea.

Same, I don't think I've seen anyone saying their HT order has shipped yet though.

This is the issue I always saw with the high purchase counts : Who, legitimately, would need to buy ten of them?

LycanXIII

If you're going to have a 10 limit, you better have enough to last a whole day.

Zero315

Banned
If you're going to have a 10 limit, you better have enough to last a whole day.
So I watched a bit of the HT video to see how they explained it, and basically they said that the 10 limit being approved was an error and it was supposed to be lower. By the time they realized it all the info had been sent to stores and they claimed it was too late to do anything about it

LycanXIII

So I watched a bit of the HT video to see how they explained it, and basically they said that the 10 limit being approved was an error and it was supposed to be lower. By the time they realized it all the info had been sent to stores and they claimed it was too late to do anything about it

They must have realized post opening then, because otherwise, you send out an email before open with a memo saying to change it.

Zero315

Banned
They must have realized post opening then, because otherwise, you send out an email before open with a memo saying to change it.

So the funny thing is, before she answered the question someone off camera said "Don't answer that". The exact quote was "Once the marketing went out, there was nothing we could do about it." which is bullshit.

Apparently the Burbank Hot Topic broke the rule and limited people to one POP per style. I found out about this shit show after the fact but it makes me even more amazed I was able to get Scary Ickis, let alone friggin Money Bin Scrooge at the Glendale HT. People were bitching them out on Instagram, and of course the people first in like who got 3-8 DragonZrods were like "Oh we didn't take them ALL we didn't buy ALL 10".

I did realize though, Scary Ickis should have been a 6-inch POP instead of a normal sized one. His whole thing was that he got bigger when he became Scary Ickis. Also his eyes should be Glow in the Dark. C'mon FUNKO!

*clenches fists and grits teeth* YYYYEEESSSSSS

hydruxo

I asked a local HT on instagram what was up with the 10 limit and all they ever said to me was "it's 10 per style". Like that makes it okay. Really I don't know if I buy the limit being an "error", I think it was on purpose and they just caught some flack for it and if they didn't then they would've done it again.

foladar

Apparently the Burbank Hot Topic broke the rule and limited people to one POP per style. I found out about this shit show after the fact but it makes me even more amazed I was able to get Scary Ickis, let alone friggin Money Bin Scrooge at the Glendale HT. People were bitching them out on Instagram, and of course the people first in like who got 3-8 DragonZrods were like "Oh we didn't take them ALL we didn't buy ALL 10".

I did realize though, Scary Ickis should have been a 6-inch POP instead of a normal sized one. His whole thing was that he got bigger when he became Scary Ickis. Also his eyes should be Glow in the Dark. C'mon FUNKO!

*clenches fists and grits teeth* YYYYEEESSSSSS

Yeah, I saw the limit 10 and made sure to get there early cuz I *had* to have Dragonzord. Went to the Orlando hot topic, ended up first in line surprisingly at 6:50am. People were insanely normal there, nobody went too crazy on pop limits, I'm not sure what HT thinks a limit of 5 would really solve considering how low some stores were already at opening, should have just went with a limit of 1 or 2.

Thankfully got everything I wanted for NYCC, Dragonzord, Scrooge, Ickis and then the Green Ranger from Walmart.

REALLY good IMO. Something I realized is, a big problem that people have with most POPs (myself included) is the "dead eyes" that don't necessarily fit with some charaters. But on Money Bin Scrooge his eyes are closed so he doesn't really even look like a POP, he looks like a large, well sculpted Scrooge McDuck statue. Which is so, so awesome to me.

Since they have done DarkWing and DuckTales, and they've already done two different versions of Chip & Dale I am hoping beyond hope we get Rescue Rangers POPs.

Good to hear, cant wait for mine to come next week.

Also Halloween town Sora coming soon(this week?)
DLPLNpRXUAAbjl6.jpg

edit: also if you a fan Yuri On Ice pops are starting to show up at Hot topics.

Finaj

I finally found Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) at a random Pop booth at NYCC. They only had one.

Turns out, the reason she was so hard to find is that she's a -Walgreens- exclusive.

I didn't even know Walgreens sold pops!

LycanXIII

I finally found Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) at a random Pop booth at NYCC. They only had one.

Turns out, the reason she was so hard to find is that she's a -Walgreens- exclusive.

I didn't even know Walgreens sold pops!

Yeah, Walgreens gets a lot of exclusives, but I can never find them. They've had several waves of exclusive Star Wars merch.

another thing at hot topic this con was people calling before the store opened and having stuff placed on hold, i hadnt seen that happening with any other con before. At one of my local ones, they only had 2 megazords available to the people in line because the other 8 they got were on hold already when the doors opened.

Zero315

Banned
another thing at hot topic this con was people calling before the store opened and having stuff placed on hold, i hadnt seen that happening with any other con before. At one of my local ones, they only had 2 megazords available to the people in line because the other 8 they got were on hold already when the doors opened.
Between this, the limit, and their online stuff going up at 9:30AM it sounds like Hot Topic shit the bed pretty hard.

Saw this on twitter:

Ugggghhhhhh....

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The Funko Shop trolling is unreal. And with literal Trolls too!

Cuphead set pls

zeemumu

Good to hear, cant wait for mine to come next week.

Also Halloween town Sora coming soon(this week?)

edit: also if you a fan Yuri On Ice pops are starting to show up at Hot topics.

this week would be cool. I don't know what day my local Hot Topics get new stock in though

the process they are doing the funko shop is fucking ridiculous. They need to send out an email with the first one and say something like "Check back later today for more" or"thats it for today, check back tomorrow for the next item." To have people have to constantly refresh all fucking day waiting for potentially nothing is torture. They dont need to say what it will be or what time, just fucking tell us if something is coming at all. Waited around for hours after the dorbz today, and then decided that nothing will probably go up, so I left to go to the mall. 2 minutes after I start driving, the troll hunters go up. I would have been pissed if that was james gunn or cuphead. Theres no reason for them to be this secretive about it.

Man I fuckin knew they were gonna make an all gold version of the dragon. Either that or one painted to look like stone.

Honestly can't decide which one I like better. The painted one IMO looks absolutely fantastic but $35-40 is more than I have ever spent on a single Pop. Hell it's more than I spend when HT does their 3-for-$30 deals. I assume the gold one will be much less expensive... I dunno. It's also less likely to have a shitty print since it's just a solid color. Hmm.

6-inch POPs are normally around $20 at Hot Topic right? The only ones I have are Stay Puft and he was $17 at Barnes and Nobel, I don't know if I've ever actually looked for the price of the big ones at Hot Topic... I'll check the website.

Man I fuckin knew they were gonna make an all gold version of the dragon. Either that or one painted to look like stone.

Honestly can't decide which one I like better. The painted one IMO looks absolutely fantastic but $35-40 is more than I have ever spent on a single Pop. Hell it's more than I spend when HT does their 3-for-$30 deals. I assume the gold one will be much less expensive... I dunno. It's also less likely to have a shitty print since it's just a solid color. Hmm.

6-inch POPs are normally around $20 at Hot Topic right? The only ones I have are Stay Puft and he was $17 at Barnes and Nobel, I don't know if I've ever actually looked for the price of the big ones at Hot Topic... I'll check the website.

gold shenron will be 18.50

SPeedy went up on funko shop. Amazon pay throttled, endless processing when using regular checkout. Soldout after I completed my order and I didnt get it because it was processing for 5 minutes

SPeedy went up on funko shop. Amazon pay throttled, endless processing when using regular checkout. Soldout after I completed my order and I didnt get it because it was processing for 5 minutes
Yea Amazon pay screwed alot of people trying to get Pop's but
w/e Im happy with what I got.

Zero315

Banned
Siiiiick. Do we know if he's gonna be some kind of limited deal so we need to jump as soon as it goes live, or is he pretty much just a normal POP that you can only buy at Hot Topic like the rest of their non-convention exclusives?
It all depends. When it comes to exclusives sooner is definitely better than later. Hot Topic is usually pretty good about stocking their exclusives, but no one knows how long they'll last. Like, I think the HT exclusive Pennywise sold out fairly quickly.

Top Bottom