• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furries make me irrationally annoyed...

Mohonky

.....I think because I just don't get it.

I dont understand people being attracted to different genders, people identifying as genders that don't relate to their sex organs etc because I dont experience that, but I can at least recognise the possibility of how this can occur and so far as I'm concerned so long as they are comfortable with themselves and who they are, who am I to judge?

But fucking furries. I've been watching some Mortal Kombat tournaments lately for some deason, and everytime I see Sonicfox come up in his furry outfit I feel this bizarre urge to slap the shit out of it (the costume I mean, not the guy).

Its not a sexuality, its not a gender....its this bizarre fantasy to dress and act like some half human half animal hybrid thing. It makes absolutely no sense to me. Does the person feel their supposed to be somethinf other than human? Like, seriously whats the appeal....I mean I can also get some people are into weird shit; sticking things down their penis and whatever but furries? Wtf is that?

Last edited:

Mohonky

A tail and drawn-in whiskers isn't a costume, but A+ for the creativity buddy. ;)

In all seriousness, is "furry" a fetish, or some type of niche? Not really sure, not trolling.

I think, after some research, many say its not a fetish but a niche...but you know, those pictures they draw

Papa

Banned
Because you're a man and you're hardwired for production and protection from existential threats. This dweeb is publicly revelling in his weakness by wearing his fur suit and it's causing your monkey brain to throw errors.

Tesseract

Banned
what i think it is, partially, perhaps, idk i'm just making shit up, is some epigenetical imprintling of cave monsters who fucked girls cloaked in animal skins and such

then vaccines caused autism

the internet happened

somewhere along the line sonic the hedgehog happened

so what we see is a phenenomemelogical display of furricaninated clown people, dating back to the dawn of man, switched on by a hedgehog that had to go fast to save the internet from autism

thank you and god bless america

brap

Banned
I love it when somebody uses an avatar like this that supposedly represents them and most likely they're either fat, out of shape or unattractive.
Plus they're so fucking obnoxious about it. Imagine actually thinking something like this is unironically cool lmao.
>inb4 some nerd avatar quotes me
409eb7da1b71bc2520da594c2083d9b9e6573561r1-1750-2000v2_hq.jpg

Jubenhimer

Like any fandom, Furies have a mix of good and bad people. There are a lot of Furies or people who draw furry characters that are cool people. One of my closest friends is technically a furry. That said, you do get some bad eggs that represent the fandom poorly.

Last edited:

Shifty

It's too early in the morning / late at night (take your pick) for me to ramble through the long answer that is my theory on the whole thing, so here's the short one for now:

Blame Disney, then when you're done with that blame Sega.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
The dark forces trying to take over the world use all sorts of degeneracy to keep people asleep. These weirdos are just the easiest to control and the first to fall.

crowbrow

Banned
I started reading a bunch of things of the furry culture because I wanted to understand. After some hours of research I came into two conclusions:

People who are into furries usually had a crush on an anthropomorphic animal from a cartoon and then it became an obsession. Hell i had a crush on Lola Bunny as a kid so I kind of get that part.

The obsession into adulthood is product of mental illness most likely. These people are almost all mentally ill and they are into stuff like actual zoophilia and pedophilia quiet often.

I also was wondering what the connection with stuff like clinical lycanthropy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_lycanthropy

and Theriantrophy, which has existed since ancient times. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy

MilkyJoe

I love it when somebody uses an avatar like this that supposedly represents them and most likely they're either fat, out of shape or unattractive.
Plus they're so fucking obnoxious about it. Imagine actually thinking something like this is unironically cool lmao.
>inb4 some nerd avatar quotes me
409eb7da1b71bc2520da594c2083d9b9e6573561r1-1750-2000v2_hq.jpg

When twitter users have one of these, you can guarantee they have a little "they/them" in their bio... Wankers.

Liamario

Banned
I think the costume and the culture is safe space for people. Almost like mental health treatment. The world is a bastard and the costume gives someone somewhere to hide and deal with the world at their own comfort level.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
I mean I can also get some people are into weird shit; sticking things down their penis and whatever but furries? Wtf is that?

I dont get the furry thing either but I will dress up as as anything you want and stand there singing im a little teapot for nickels in the subway if it means Im not sticking things up my penis.

Ten_Fold

I don’t have a problem with them but they are usually the first to comment something negative if they don’t agree an will go on for days it’s like they are never happy

Last edited:

zeioIIDX

A former friend of mine is a really popular furry on YouTube (that's mostly the reason why we aren't friends anymore, his "YouTube career" ate up ALL of his time once his channel blew up). He's a decent enough dude. He's autistic but you can't tell. Only thing he loves more than furries is Sonic the Hedgehog. Loves anime. He's majorly into electronics (think Pamperchu). Sounds cliche, right? Lol. Also, his girlfriend is a well-known furry as well. I never understood the stuff myself but I recognize that people are into all sorts of different things lol. He always explained it to me as a way to cope with being socially awkward/anxious. He said when he puts the fursuit on, he can become this character which gives him a way to behave and socialize in a way that he wishes he could without it. Also has something to do with the enjoyment he gets from being part of that community and being able to make people smile or whatever while wearing it. Turns him into a cartoon basically, complete with exaggerated movements and way of speaking. He was a cool guy though, really fun to be around and stuff. I just wasn't into the whole furry thing just like he wasn't really into ghost hunting the way I am. Lmao, I always wondered whether he and his girlfriend had those bushy tail butt plugs they sell, I bet they had some. What depresses me is that he has a girlfriend while I've been single the last 5 years. How, Sway? How?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
IMO it is mostly about the costume. like a playboy bunny, the titilation is not from the idea of a woman dressed as a lepus, it is the skimpy costume, the revealed (human) cleavage, the sexy (human) legs in fishnet, the high heels, etc., none of which are parts of an actual bunny. i think a big part of the attraction comes from submission/humiliation as well, dressing like an animal generally taken to be a humiliating thing. dressing sexy is taken to be humiliating as well so the two combined, yeah, someone's fetish.

in general i see furry as being a costume variation, like a french maid, or the sexy farm girl, etc., some role playing, but the emphasis is always on the fairly normal, sexiness of the human themselves. there is a reason furries tend to be illustrated with mostly human features. if furries were into the animal part rather than the human part, it would just be straight up bestiality with no need for human features at all.

Last edited:

The Snake

I didn't have a problem with them really until a fairly recent encounter when I had to work with a number of them. The 501st was requested to make an appearance at this kid/family expo type of thing, and I wasn't busy that day so I decided why not? Well, apparently there's a group of furry cosplayers as well, and they too were requested as the organizers wanted mascots at the event. We had to share a changing room with them and they were all incredibly weird, loud, and they smelled bad. A couple of them creeped me out, too, as they admitted to driving in from out of state to attend the expo, despite it being a relatively small event that no one in their right mind would drive even from out of town to attend. In response to my bewilderment one told me "I just really, really love being around kids."

Gross.

nkarafo

Furries always think they are graceful or cute animals. You are not going to see an ostrich furry. Also when they act like the animals they think they are they always do the cute or cool things. They never hump a stranger smell their ass or piss everywhere to mark the place.

TrainedRage

Banned
Funny story... I went to the gas station last week. Went in to pay there were these young 20 somethinhs talking to the clerk. As I start listening they are talking about cosplay as furries. One guy was like, "yeah my friends and I go out every weekend and LARP as furries".

The clerk then says, "oh yeah man my outfit gets really hot or I would be in it for hours and hours".

These "guys" looked exactly how you would imagine. Super skinny, smelly, face full of acne and pimples. Just fugly looking. Maybe it's the only way they can socialize, by covering their face and pretending to be someone else.

As I checked out the clerk was like, "ahh I can't wait to go home and play monster hunter."

I said, "Good luck with all that". Imitating Jerry from Seinfeld. And walked out shaking my head.

Furries are a mistake.

Top Bottom