• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future Playstation All Stars Battle Royale DLC Cancelled?

Following Sony's decision to leave Superbot to their own devices, a tweet from Stewart Gilray, the Development Director of Oddworld Inhabitants, Inc. had this to say about their upcoming DLC for PSASBR:

imybDgOhFJzDc.PNG

Does this mean that all DLC after Kat and Emmet will be scrapped, or that Sony Santa Monica just decided to pick some of their favroites and leave Superbot's choice out of the mix? Only time will tell.

EDIT: Not cancelled, just no Abe.

Metallix87

Well, after the news yesterday that Sony would keep releasing DLC for the game, this is pretty disappointing.

kuroshiki

Why spend money on a dead horse?

Just take two free DLC, PSBR fans, and leave it at that.

Does this mean that all DLC after Kat and Emmet will be scrapped, or that Sony Santa Monica just decided to pick some of their favroites and leave Superbot's choice out of the mix? Only time will tell.

To be fair, Superbot does have some questionable
shitty
taste when it comes to character selection.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I thought the earlier GAF thread about this said Sony Santa Monica would be handling DLC for the game. Sooooo there'll still be DLC for PSASBR, I imagine.

Cheaper to do non-third parties maybe? Sounds like they were pretty much all ready to go. Unless the DLC is expensive or inconvenient to make, no idea why they'd downplay such a good character like this.

Unless they're trying not to draw attention away from the Lara/Cloud/Crash triple back

Tizoc

Oddworld inhabinats stille exist?

are they working on anything?

They are working on an HD remake of Abe's Oddysee. They recently released Stranger's Wrath to the Vita which is considered one of the best games on that system. They are also getting Munch's Oddysee ready for Vita as well.
Furthermore, all Oddworld games are now avaialble on US and EU PSN for the PS3 and Vita (with the exception of Munch).

Have you seen how many Glukkons, Sligs, Slogs and various Odd-beings he's possed and blew up in the course of his quest against the evil polluting corporations?
True but somehow I suspect that's not how it'll work in this game, except maybe for a super.

Hopefully this pushes SSM to do some damage control and confirm or deny that they're doing DLC outside of Kat and Emmett.

Why spend money on a dead horse?

Just take two free DLC, PSBR fans, and leave it at that.

To be fair, Superbot does have some questionable
shitty
taste when it comes to character selection.

Dang, so many people said that same first line. If they put out DLC for the game and it helps the game grow a bit, who is that hurting? A lot of us believe there's a legitimate market for this type of game, it's what you said last that is very true and ultimately made this game fail to get hyped, IMO.

Sandfox

If they could get Raiden I don't see why Snake would be an issue. And besides that, I'm sure Sony Santa Monica has more negotiating power.

Raiden was obviously put in to promote the new game and that's probably the only character Konami would give them.

Ridley327

Another character that is vaguely-to-not-at-all associated with the Playstation brand.

I know that MS moneyhatted Munch's Oddysee away, but the first two Oddworld games were generally held up as being pretty damn Playstation specific, to say nothing of the HD remakes being exclusive to Sony's current systems, thanks in no small part to MS's policies.

KalBalboa

Banned
Another character that is vaguely-to-not-at-all associated with the Playstation brand.

He's pretty synonymous with PlayStation One. When I mentioned All Stars to some friends back home a few immediately asked "Is Abe in it?"

I know that MS moneyhatted Munch's Oddysee away, but the first two Oddworld games were generally held up as being pretty damn Playstation specific, to say nothing of the HD remakes being exclusive to Sony's current systems, thanks in no small part to MS's policies.

All very true.

Dear Sony, instead of dropping this game to bomb in a late PS3 cycle, you should have worked, HARD, to get third parties characters (they work as marketing Sony, you know, marketing ?) and release this as a PS4 launch title and Vita cross over.

You would have sold one per PS4 sold.

Thank you, i am free for any consuling you need

They are working on an HD remake of Abe's Oddysee. They recently released Stranger's Wrath to the Vita which is considered one of the best games on that system. They are also getting Munch's Oddysee ready for Vita as well.
Furthermore, all Oddworld games are now avaialble on US and EU PSN for the PS3 and Vita (with the exception of Munch).

ah was hopeing for some new oddworld godness. maybe next gen

Would be kind of fitting if the first and only DLC for all stars included a character from starhawk. Another 2nd party game sent to die by sony only for them to cut the studio off following its release/bombing.

Abe would have been a good pick for all stars. Shame he got relegated to (now canned) DLC

KalBalboa

Banned
i don't want to derail this thread with how that's not remotely the same thing, but it's really not remotely the same thing :|

Abe fits more in line with a PlayStation fighter than Sonic does with a Nintendo fighter.

End of derailment.

Top Bottom