• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futureman season 2 - Jesus returns

MV5BMTY3NjUzNzQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDAwNDMwNDI@._V1_.jpg

Season 1 OT https://www.neogaf.com/threads/futureman-ot-butterfly-to-the-future.1460660/

Really enjoyed season 1, was a lot of fun, enjoyed most of it. The wolf is a legend, a lot of cameos/references, show knows its cheesy, raw language, videogame/timetravel/comedy = popcorn & happy.

Season 2s trailer:

Random clip from season 1 (why luigi is the man.)

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah. Sadly my lame OT didn't gain much traction last year, but honestly if you have the time, inclination and means I highly recommend watching season 1 because it is hilarious, and Wolf is indeed a legend.

Also really surprised this wasn't bigger than it is. Adult scifi comedy about a videogame and timetravel ticks all the boxes for me. Will rewatch season 1 to get ready.

How they recharge in the future is something very interesting.

I really liked what I watched of season 1 but just never finished it. I need to circle back and binge it now it seems.

It gets more ridiculous as the actor's get comfortable in their roles. The evolution of the two game characters is awesome. The 80s arc was wolfs own, "There is no downside to cocaine. Period."

Wag

What would you call this show? Black comedy? Satire? I don't know but I thought it was brilliant. Best social commentary show on TV in years.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Watched it because of Kadayi Kadayi 's thread back then. Takes a while to get going but by the end of season 1 it's something special, hoping they can keep that train Jooshin' :messenger_fire:

Wag

Season 2 is up!
In surround sound too on my FireTV 4K stick. I will say I have no patience for the insane amount of ads on the limited package. I do get it for free with my Spotify student subscription, if not for that I wouldn’t bother.

border

I enjoyed this show pretty well, but damn I can barely remember how Season 1 ended. Not sure if I should just jump in or try and get caught up.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
They sure went in a different direction for season 2. Kinda felt like an extended episode of Farscape (or Lexx...) at times.

Hmm.

They sure went in a different direction for season 2. Kinda felt like an extended episode of Farscape (or Lexx...) at times.

Hmm.

Hopefully that isn't a bad thing?

Season 1 was such a surprise. I would have NEVER guessed the direction Wolf would take in season 1 yet it feels completely natural and completely satisfying.

Hopefully the show gets more buzz this time around

It's different. I do like stu so far (I'm at ep 6). It's more linear than season 1 and hasn't suffered for the change too much. Will get through the rest tomorrow and see how it goes.

Debate in the future a little more hands on.

Kadayi

Banned
Only about 4 episodes in. The pace is a little slower and at present, the show lacks for the interaction of the main cast, but I'm enjoying it for the most part and the dialogue is still on point 'you just want to stick your ghost dick in my time twin' was particularly standout.

Kadayi

Banned
Finally got around to wrapping Season 2 up. Have to say it did start off slow, but I enjoyed it overall I I liked where they left it . Here is hoping that it gets a 3rd Season renewal because given where it ended up I'm expecting some choice comedy given Josh Hutcherson 's Film Career.

Finally got around to wrapping Season 2 up. Have to say it did start off slow, but I enjoyed it overall I I liked where they left it . Here is hoping that it gets a 3rd Season renewal because given where it ended up I'm expecting some choice comedy given Josh Hutcherson 's Film Career.

I enjoyed the slower pace and the social commentary more this season. Young Tiger was hilarious in her cameo and it got insane again at the end. Bring on season 3.

Neverwas

I didn't laugh as much this season, but the overall story was surprisingly well put together, and the last few episodes were top notch. Can't wait for next season (which looks like it could be a lot of fun).

Top Bottom