• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G/A/F? Deadpool swarmed by cops, arrested on train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Australia!

402915-7d44960c-1393-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

Police stormed a packed Sydney peak hour train this morning after reports of a man armed with handguns, grenades and samurai swords was travelling in the last carriage.

Scared passengers on the Emu Plains to CBD morning express called triple 0, telling police a man wearing a menacing red and black one-piece costume was carrying deadly weapons.

When the train pulled in at Blacktown station about 7.20am, uniformed officers jumped on board and bundled the man out of the carriage onto the platform.

Another five officers, including a sergeant and a constable wearing bulletproof vests, surrounded the man who appeared to have two automatic pistols strapped to his legs; a bandolier of bullets across his chest, grenades hanging from his belt and two samurai swords sticking out of his black bag.

The man was wearing a Deadpool costume.

...but wait, it's okay!

402943-8479e224-1393-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

But after police spoke to the man the found that all the “weapons” were plastic fakes and he was dressed as “Spiderman” as part of a charity fundraising campaign called Superhero Week.

He was wearing the costume to work to help raise money for Bear Cottage at Manly, a hospice for children.

A senior Sydney Trains’ official at Blacktown said that police told Mr Rose that “he was a bit of an idiot” for getting on the train with all the pretend weapons strapped to him.

“Someone on the train got worried and called the police about a bloke with guns on the train.

“The police told him to put all his gear into his bag and it was OK for him to catch the next train.

“But this train’s been held up for 10 minutes.”

Mr Rose said police did not charge him with any offence.

403719-70e160c0-1393-11e4-ae81-95568c4ed36e.jpg

Break fourth wall if old

That's why you put the fake weapons in a bag until you get to your event

More importantly though are those cupcakes in the plastic carrier and are they any good?

Wag

In America they would have thrown his ass in jail for causing a public disturbance (among other things).

Trouble

Banned
But after police spoke to the man the found that all the “weapons” were plastic fakes and he was dressed as “Spiderman” as part of a charity fundraising campaign called Superhero Week.
ಠ_ಠ

m3k

Lol blacktown... Picture of him on train station bench is cool.

edit: i found it happening in Blacktown funny because i live in Sydney and the suburb is known. Typing it out felt weird and reminded me of how it got its name. Named after aboriginal owners. Should probably have that fixed.

To me, "Deadpool" is this contest I'm in where we pick a set of famous people that we think will die this year. Damn it, I'm not even on the board yet.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This feels wonderfully like something that would actually happen in a deadpool comic.

Cops called on him "You gotta put em away on the subway, sir".
"GAWD FINE........ what about my cupcakes?"
"The cupcakes are fine, sir."
"I like the strawberry ones...."
"Very good, sir."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom