• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[G/A/F] Mother punches 10 year old son for playing too much Fortnite, dislocates his jaw

Airbus Jr

Banned
tenor.gif

Show me all of the people who became adult fuck-ups from taking the odd cane, slipper or back-hander for giving out uneccessary attitude or just being little shits

Then show me all of the people who became adult fuck-ups because they were allowed to do what they wanted, talk to their parents how they wanted and acted like spoilt little cunt-bags.

And I will show the you the problem and solution to all of the issues in our society.

P.S. I played games as a kid, all of the time, if my Dad told me to stop playing and I said no...well, I only said no once.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't advocate violence but fortnite junkie kids are the absolute worst. i'm not even hating against Fortnite because i play it occasionally myself but omg it's like crack to them and if they don't get to play it then they can be a real pain in the ass.

Reactions: Isa

GAMETA

Banned
See, this is what happens when the political and social correctness won't let you slap your kids... the parents eventually end up losing their shit and over react.

A lil' slapping is great to determine limits and respect, it guarantees your kids won't become uncontrollable jerks.

And it only has to be done once or twice, after that just "the stare" is enough :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

boo

Gold Member
I wonder what that family life will look like now when Mom gets home from jail. No more games for you, young man...

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
See, this is what happens when the political and social correctness won't let you slap your kids... the parents eventually end up losing their shit and over react.

A lil' slapping is great to determine limits and respect, it guarantees your kids won't become uncontrolled jerks.

And it's so great that it only has to be done once or twice, after that just the looks of murder in your mom's eyes are enough to put you in your place.

Reminds me, when my daughter was 12, her and I were cooking at the stove and my wife asked to grab something. She replied with, “you get it” and all the sudden she was laying on the ground by a bitch slap from mommabear.

I fell to the ground laughing and pointing at her. It was beautiful. Needless to say, she never did it again. She is now in college, like my oldest son and I have the cutest grand baby in the world. Her mom and her are best friends, so I guess sometimes you get bitch slapped and it sets your ass straight.

It only takes one example to be set if you hold them Accountable for any actions that cross your moral boundaries as a parent.

Edit: our fridge is about 12 feet from the stove, I’ve never seen someone cover ground that quick. I told her that she should of been the Marine. We still laugh to this day about it with her.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Good. Kids shouldn't be playing Fortnite. Not enough liberal politics in it and I can't wrap my old boomer brain around how to play it. Back in my day we just ran circles in levels and shot people.

TLZ

Banned
That’s when I’d take a hammer to the kid’s video game console and smash it into a shower of tiny pieces and components, before banning the kid from playing any video game ever in the house. I wouldn’t physically harm the kid, though; it’s not worth the legal trouble.
It's not about legal trouble. He's still your kid. He's still small and immature. You're comparing your very matured and experienced brain to his, and that's where the issue lies. Sometimes you've gotta be in his shoes to deal with the issue at hand. Try and remember his age and think like he thinks for a second to solve it. Abuse won't solve anything except make it worse. The child will have a permanent memory of the bad incidents which would affect him forever. And you will have to live with those bad incidents that you inflicted and caused forever. Even though you feel very bad every time you look at him and remember what you did, or when you're alone at night and that feel of guilt hits you when your child's sound asleep, you find it very hard to apologize, because you're the parent and you must never do so, making the situation worsen. It becomes a very bad, recurring habit. It's a very shitty feeling for both.

No need to go down that shitty road. It's a bad habit that people need to change. Remember kids are immature, not evil. Sadly not many grownups have the patience, even though they should. A lot of bad habits and past does that. But people should work on bettering themselves, or else they will keep saying they can't (because that's what they know and used to) and the cycle never ends.

I have two kids myself, and I went through that abusive experience with my father. All first hand, no pun intended. I love him though. He's a good man. Just wish he spoke to me more than act first, never ask/remorse later.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Banned
Not gonna lie my old man and my mom both tuned me up a bit when I needed it and I turned out okay other than my shitposting buuuut neither of them ever dislocated my jaw either.

Tajaz2426

I can’t help but feel really bad for a 10 year old kid who has to live the rest of his life knowing his mom broke his jaw.

This seems pretty fucked up.

That kid is going to know that you don’t mess with certain moms. I have never had to deal with the game issues, but it only takes talking back once to learn you don’t talk back in my family.

We seem to forget that the reason we have people with no responsibility is because of weak parents that are afraid to beat their kids.

No kid cares after a while, if you take their stuff. You’ll never forget picking your own instrument of pain, my friend. I hate to pick the switch from a tree out back and if I didn’t pick a good one I was treated like Hitler In Little Nicky! No, No, that is too small.

I don’t agree with punching him at all, but it is damn well funny!

Last edited:
That kid is going to know that you don’t mess with certain moms. I have never had to deal with the game issues, but it only takes talking back once to learn you don’t talk back in my family.

We seem to forget that the reason we have people with no responsibility is because of weak parents that are afraid to beat their kids.

If it was the dad who had broken his jaw would it still be funny?

I don’t apologize for my opinion.

Tajaz2426

If it was the dad who had broken his jaw would it still be funny?

I don’t apologize for my opinion.

You don’t have to apologize for anything, just giving my opinion also. I don’t give a rats ass who got hit, I don’t know them and I rightly, just don’t care.

All I’m saying is it is funny that the little game addict didn’t listen and paid the price. He will be fine and life goes on.

TLZ

Banned

No kid cares after a while, if you take their stuff. You’ll never forget picking your own instrument of pain, my friend. I hate to pick the switch from a tree out back and if I didn’t pick a good one I was treated like Hitler In Little Nicky! No, No, that is too small.

Practice the Death Stare. It works wonders.

Dumb ass kid is going to be reflecting on the moment his family fell completely apart for years. All because he couldn't stop playing Fortnite.

Tajaz2426

Practice the Death Stare. It works wonders.
All my minions are adults now, unfortunately, but I didn’t whip my kids, I played the nose on the coin game type of things. Their momma used Corporal Punishment with the whippings.

I never went through the teenage drama with our kids, the crazy stuff, 2 are in college and one is 18 and graduates high school this year. They always tell use that they appreciated that we were hard on them, didn’t let them slack and held a high bar for them.

They grew up in a military family in the Marine Corps and I was gone over 9 years deployed out of 15 years. They still grew up to be responsible adults.

All families are different and I have no idea how the kid is on a regular basis or the mom. It is just funny that he didn’t listen and got wrecked, fornothing more than a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

mramiibo

Neo Member
Bit extreme when my parents were annoyed they would take the controllers for a week and that's it. Sounds to me like there is probably a lot more to this story. Parents roles are so messed up right now it's such a minefield of what can causes issues like this. The main issue is anyone can have children you don't have to pass a test to do it...

renzolama

She broke the parent-child physical discipline rules. For a mom, light slaps/smacks are perfectly acceptable for disrespect as long as they don't leave a mark. For dads, a punch in the shoulder or kick in the ass is okay. Either parent is allowed to spank up to age 3-4 as long as it's punishment for behavior that could lead to significant harm for the child or others and the spanking is completed with no emotion from the parent (no angry spanking). She must have missed the training seminar.

Last edited:
Problem here moving forward with a shithead kid you created over a decade is you ain't turning that clock back. It won't get any easier from here on out and taking stuff away won't do anything except increase the anomosity. They missed their chance to be better parents.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When I was a kid, slaps and whips from a belt got me and my siblings in line. No fuckery in our family. At the time, you think the parents are assholes. But looking back, they did us a favour making sure we didn't become assholes, making sure we went to school, didn't smoke or do drugs and got decent jobs.

That's probably what happens when you have immigrant parents who came soon after WWII with nothing, but some family members killed...... don't dick around kids. We got our asses over here to start a fresh life for you fuckers, so don't blow the chance in Canada.

But people should look at the plus side to this story. In video games, a melee strike is usually a one-hit kill. But here he is still alive!

Last edited:
Top Bottom