G/A/F - Snake covered in 500 ticks dives into pool to try and drown them

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
May 26, 2011
I dont think you can drown ticks. that snake needs a set of tweezers or fire.

i always wondered why ticks and mosquitos exist and its to feed the rodents in the world. but really, i think we all could do without those two particular insects/arachnids

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
I dont think you can drown ticks. that snake needs a set of tweezers or fire.

i always wondered why ticks and mosquitos exist and its to feed the rodents in the world. but really, i think we all could do without those two particular insects/arachnids
IIRC mosquitos have basically no ecological benefit. Some aquatic things eat the larvae, but they are not very nutritious and tend not to be in running/clean water where their few predators live. Same goes for adults. There has been a lot of talk about using mosquitos genetically modified to produce sterile offspring to essentially eradicate a large portion of the species, especially in regions with malaria.

Jan 8, 2019
I like how I read the title and thought "Hmmmm. Australia Eh?" And I click it and I was right! This country brings me joy in that fuckers get fucked with by something fuckier. That brings me a sort of ironic pleasure in the sense that even predators in the land down under get fucked with right in the down under.

May 26, 2011
IIRC mosquitos have basically no ecological benefit. Some aquatic things eat the larvae, but they are not very nutritious and tend not to be in running/clean water where their few predators live. Same goes for adults. There has been a lot of talk about using mosquitos genetically modified to produce sterile offspring to essentially eradicate a large portion of the species, especially in regions with malaria.

Ive read they are a main food source for bats.

Dec 27, 2018
"The male ticks have probably been attached there for months," he said.
"They don't really take much of a meal, they're waiting there for a female.
"For a male tick this is a disco or nightclub, they're there waiting for females to attach and feed."​
"Once she's fed she releases a pheromone that says, 'I'm here', and then the males will detach and they'll go and mate with the female.
"She'll drop off and lay her eggs, and the male will just stay there. They might stay there their entire life until they're completely worn out or too old, then die."
Professor Barker said it was also very difficult to drown a tick.
"It would take maybe 10 or 12 hours," he said.
Well damn.

Jul 1, 2009
I missed good old G/A/F threads. I'm still rooting for a Germany one, one of these days.

Just goes to show you how lucky we are for having arms and opposable thumbs. Being a snake would suck.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2009
This thread inspired me to search the survival capabilities of a tick after being submerged... turns out they can survive just fine 2-3 days underwater. The snake was screwed!