• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GA 2nd ESPN League

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Someone should start up another tournament. I would love to play a season but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on XBL once I get back to NYC so I don't want to commit and then back out, but I would definitely be up for a tournament.

Ramirez

Matrix,Playoff teams are an option we you make the league online ESPN...I don't think you can change them,at least I couldn't for an 8 man league...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:

Sounds good, but I have to get myself back in the league. My gf was fucking around and left the league this afternoon. Hopefully Matrix can get me back in.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Is there still space? I want to join if so.

Nope sorry it was only for 12 teams and it's full :(

Rameriz said:
Matrix,Playoff teams are an option we you make the league online ESPN...I don't think you can change them,at least I couldn't for an 8 man league...

Yea I know,but you cant change it in a 12 man league.

dskillzhtown said:
Sounds good, but I have to get myself back in the league. My gf was fucking around and left the league this afternoon. Hopefully Matrix can get me back in.

You must have got yourself back in cause your name is still on the league page and you would have had to do it yourself anyway.

ShadowRed said:
I take it SEGA has taken the leagues down for good. I still can't get into them.

Hmmmm when did you try? Last I was on was 4 am and they were working,then again I wouldnt be suprised if they took them down again.Im going to go on at about 5pm to see if I can get in.

hgplayer1

well I just tried to get in the leagues and it said failed so I guess the same problem exists. it would be fuckin nice of VC or Sega or someone to use the latest news section to let us know if they are even aware of this shit. I think we all need to find out who to email about this.

ShadowRed

Banned
"Hmmmm when did you try? Last I was on was 4 am and they were working,then again I wouldnt be suprised if they took them down again.Im going to go on at about 5pm to see if I can get in."

Me and DaAnswer,I can't remember who he is here, tried to play our game at 2:10 and neither of us could get in.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
Thanks man. Sorry to change my time.

I am still going to have to work on getting back in the league though. If you look under the Patriots, it is not showing me as the owner. Not sure how to get back in the league.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
UGhhh so the leagues are still shit,maybe we all should hold off playing till Friday when this patch comes out :\

Hg we can either wait till Friday to play or we can try playing really early in the morning,when the leagues seem to work.

Matrix

dskillzhtown said:
I am still going to have to work on getting back in the league though. If you look under the Patriots, it is not showing me as the owner. Not sure how to get back in the league.

Odd the espn website still has your name under the Patriots :\

Is the league showing up as full? No spot left for you to get in? I might have to access the league if the servers let me and see if your name is listed,maybe I could delete it.

hgplayer1

Matrix said:
UGhhh so the leagues are still shit,maybe we all should hold off playing till Friday when this patch comes out :\

Hg we can either wait till Friday to play or we can try playing really early in the morning,when the leagues seem to work.

early in the morning wont usually work for me. Ill keep trying to log in during the evening and hopefull by Friday or Saturday things will be fine. if not Im sure sometime over the weekend we could meet early in the morning.

Matrix

The first week ends the 31st,unless I have an option to extend it which I didnt see earlier when I was on.Hopefully we can play Friday and the fixs work...god we should both be able to log on and play now,this is absurd >_<

Fifty

It's stupid that we can't

A) Extend it

or B) (more importantly) Give a win to someone if the other guy doesn't show up! That's beyond weak. If I can't play my game....and if it's not my fault (dude doesn't show up), it won't give me any credit for trying, and we'll both be in the same boat.

Matrix

The league was better last year imo,Konex must PAY!!!!!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Malleymal said:
THE SERVERS ARE UP AND FAST.....

but thats because its 6 am and no one else is on.... only if it could be like this all the time .... anyway...

whenever u are ready gunstar... I am going to be gone all day and night with the lady weds... but will be able to play thursday after 5........

Well I will not be able to play on Thursday until 11 PM EST if that is ok with you?

Fifty

They're down. I get a "Failed to find leagues" message. Before that I was able to access them, it just took at least 5 minutes of waiting. At least now they're honest :p

Matrix

DIE SEGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...ok I feel better now.

Fifty want to try to play for fun?

Matrix

STOP AVOIDING THE TEXAN HOUSE OF PAIN FIFTY! ...you chicken? :p

Matrix

Oh :( I was hoping you were chicken,I would have felt good about my skillz.

Matrix

Ok 11:30 it is Boller boy,Im sure sweet revenge will be yours.Ive been playing horrible D lately :(

Matrix

Ughh if I had only a couple seconds left before half I would have scored a td or fg...ughh and our D was nasty :( Legend my ass.

GG fifty.

Fifty

That "legend" setting should be retitled "Crackhead AI" because that's what it was. Sure, I won...but 38-35? Give me a break. Most of the TDs and big plays were because the DBs sucked ass.

Matrix

I would have scored 60 points if I used hot routes all the time on you ;)

Fifty

But it's true. On long passes the DBs turn into retards, because the WR almost always goes into the right animation, and the DB (or safety) is too fucking stupid. I could count on a deep pass almost every time I wanted one....sure your players weren't rated that good, but it wasn't a matter of skill, it was a matter of them doing the wrong thing. Weak weak weak.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
Good games hg. I really need to work on my third down playcalling on defense, and stay away from the rollouts, and try not to throw those outs when I'm inside my 20. ;)

Matrix

Fifty said:
But it's true. On long passes the DBs turn into retards, because the WR almost always goes into the right animation, and the DB (or safety) is too fucking stupid. I could count on a deep pass almost every time I wanted one....sure your players weren't rated that good, but it wasn't a matter of skill, it was a matter of them doing the wrong thing. Weak weak weak.

The more I play the game more I dislike it :( I agree with everything you just wrote.

ShadowRed

Banned
Fifty said:

I made this point in another thread. I've lost a few games because all the guy could do was call a bunch play and lob a pass into double or triple coverage. The DBs or Safties would either go for the interception when they were in no position to get it, ie when their backs were turned to the ball, or wouldn't even make a play for the ball or the recieve and stand there hunched over. Very frustrationg when you have a guy 3rd and 20 constantly, yet he still is able to convert due to this BS chickenshit crap.

Ramirez

I noticed this the first day of playing it...I try not to do it too often,but I have a PA pass where I can loft it up to Plax and he usually catches it everytime cuz of the dumbass DBs...he's usually single covered though,that doesn't help.

The thing I hate the most is when you take control of a DB yourself and try to swat it down,he'll do some falling catch animation or some other dumb shit and its an easy TD for the other person.

I have a feeling if they don't get these leagues fixed soon,this game will die quickly once Madden hits =\

hgplayer1

Ive managed to get into the leagues section twice today. once at 6 am with no wait and once now at 1 pm with a little bit of a wait. everything seems fine other than the little bit of time i have to wait but im not sure I want to try to play a game with the servers acting like this.

Matrix

HG lets just try tomorrow,its not worth the risk of the game not finishing.If tomorrow the leagues are fucked even after the patch,I have no idea what to do other than try to play if it lets us.

Ramirez

LoL,let it be known I just beat Konex 80-0!!! (on his precious Legend setting no less!)

Oh how I wish he wasn't banned :D

DMczaf

Ramirez said:
LoL,let it be known I just beat Konex 80-0!!! (on his precious Legend setting no less!)

Oh how I wish he wasn't banned :D

LMFAO!

How the hell did that happen? Details, man!

Matrix

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have got to be kidding me.

Ramirez

Im really not sure,everything went my way really,I had like 4-5 picks,he pulled Peyton in the 2nd half,didn't matter :p He says he played Zone all game,I dunno if thats the reason.

The Steel Curtain returns...

steelers1.jpg

Yea,it was just an off game,we had a tight game the last time we played.

Top Bottom