• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAA-AF come out to PLAY-AY - The warriors at 40

4128.jpg

The Warriors at 40: the enduring appeal of a New York classic

Walter Hill’s 1979 crime drama pits warring gangs against each in other in a battle that takes place across the whole of the city and remains a compelling snapshot.

his recently released book on the cinema of New York, film critic Mark Asch begins at the most eminently logical point of entry, Van Cortlandt Park. The stretch of greenery sits at the northern end of the Bronx, where the city stops and the state begins, and where Walter Hill’s 1979 classic The Warriors sets its scene. Thousands of representatives from the hundreds of street gangs dotting the five boroughs have convened for a historic summit, in which leader Cyrus plans on forming a union to maximize profit and put an end to senseless killings. His assassination mere moments after denouncing “The Man” triggers a ground war that covers the metropolitan area, setting Coney Island’s proudest sons the Warriors on a fraught 30-mile journey across the breadth of the cement madhouse they call home.
Source+rest of article

2800.jpg

I saw the movie a while back when the rockstar game was announced and really enjoyed it. Might get a rewatch going.

The many gangs were cool and entertaining in portraying the many people and their interests, etc & while reading up about the warriors and gangs I found a warriors movie site listing all the gangs.
http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/gangs

I know I would've been in the
logo-turnbullacs.png

Dope ride
turnbullacs1-980x551.jpg

They use chains & planks of wood as weapons, they're from Gunhill and the leader is named birdie who is in a wheelchair.
Come at us GAF!
turnbullacs2-980x551.jpg

Which gang you rolling with GAF. I know which one Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese is at.
baseballfuries2-980x551.jpg

MC Safety

Also, just checked out The Warriors deleted scenes to see who the woman in the picture from the original post is.

Wow, are those scenes rough and best left cut. Still, there's some interesting stuff suggesting each Warrior had a role on the team, even if it's not carried through in the film itself. There's a guy (Snow?) holding a boom box in the cast picture, and it was his job to be the music man. But I guess they abandoned that idea.

Also, just checked out The Warriors deleted scenes to see who the woman in the picture from the original post is.

Wow, are those scenes rough and best left cut. Still, there's some interesting stuff suggesting each Warrior had a role on the team, even if it's not carried through in the film itself. There's a guy (Snow?) holding a boom box in the cast picture, and it was his job to be the music man. But I guess they abandoned that idea.

The deleted scenes were a good read. I do like the team designations. Memory man was the recon and they had a guy just for the rail tokens (I know they jumped the stalls, but they were being chased, so).

highrider

Banned
Classic film, but I saw a video recently of the actors kind of reuniting for a news story, I felt really old because they are pretty much geezers now lol.

cormack12

Gold Member
Love this film, everything about it. Obviously a bit cheesy now. Be honest, how many of you wanted to party with the lizzies? Think I'd have to pick the Punks, just because the riffs feels like a cheat?

punks1-728x410.jpg

Although if I had droogs like Alex I'd be with strange headache strange headache I guess.

Love this film, everything about it. Obviously a bit cheesy now. Be honest, how many of you wanted to party with the lizzies? Think I'd have to pick the Punks, just because the riffs feels like a cheat?

punks1-728x410.jpg

Although if I had droogs like Alex I'd be with strange headache strange headache I guess.

lizzies1-980x551.jpg

The lizzies are party worthy definitely, and if they wanna shoot you if you've misbehaved then that's fine as they're lousy shots.

Top Bottom