• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell prefers Xbox Series X to PS5

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
"that almost start to rival Nintendo" 😂😂 they been there, done that and have been killing it with goty winners and contenders more so than anyone this last decade. Stop the hyperbole and nonsense 😂😂

Just like this gen my money os on Sony and tht ps5 architecture is going to make ppl eat lots of doritos and crow.

Btw I doubt he has any of the dev kits, maybe a next box so his opinion means shit lol
Based on the specs that have been released by both players, he prefers the XSX. Deal with it, and just be happy with your system.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Based on the specs that have been released by both players, he prefers the XSX. Deal with it, and just be happy with your system.

It is likely because of the raw strength of the specs with mostly nothing special to extract it (he tends to like powerful straightforward rather than powerful but requires mindset changes), but where does it states it is because of the specs? It might be because he likes it as a design piece hehe :).

Last edited:

The Fartist

Gold Member
Because making games seems like an afterthought for him too.
lPKXBTD.gif

Orta

Banned
And in to tomorrows news "Hideo Kojima declares his preference for XSX over slightly technically inferior PS5"

NeoGaf......

giphy.gif

DavidGzz

The fuck? What games lol. Nobody with a gaming PC needs an Xbox. They made sure of that.

And 15% isn't 20% dude. The SSD will be the biggest difference between the two.

I have a gaming PC but the XSX will be a big upgrade for much cheaper than I can get a PC of equal power. Also Game Pass differs between both platforms so I want both to have it all covered. Sometimes I feel like just plug and play action and the portablitiy of my console is a big factor since I transport one almost daily. I'll upgrade my PC late next year or whenever there is a super demanding PC only game which doesn't happen too often anymore. I'm also getting a PS5 so I'll have all my bases covered.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
It is likely because of the raw strength of the specs with mostly nothing special to extract it (he tends to like powerful straightforward rather than powerful but requires mindset changes), but where does it states it is because of the specs? It might be because he likes it as a design piece hehe :).
Might not be about the specs, he just thinks the Xbox is the better overall system. Combination of all aspects.

Kokoloko85

Will we get more Valve games and older Valve games on next gen? Id like Half Life 1 ported. And Half 2 + addons repackaged

Will we get Half life vr on ps vr 2? I hope so

sephiroth7x

I mean he has full entitlement to an opinion and that is fine. The new Xbox is more in line with PC architecture than ever before if I understand, so of course he will love it more. It makes total sense.

Brofist

Oh no his opinion is invalid because he didn't have his dick stuck in the PS5 devkit while answering the question.

It's not like he tried to give some pseudo tech breakdown of the consoles, literally just said I like it more. Who gives af.

Last edited:
"that almost start to rival Nintendo" 😂😂 they been there, done that and have been killing it with goty winners and contenders more so than anyone this last decade. Stop the hyperbole and nonsense 😂😂

Just like this gen my money os on Sony and tht ps5 architecture is going to make ppl eat lots of doritos and crow.

Btw I doubt he has any of the dev kits, maybe a next box so his opinion means shit lol
I'm sure we will get good games on both machines, no doubt about that, now you still having a hard time swallowing that 14/13TF ps5 crow, try to pass it with your tears, might help you slide it thru your throat.
You can't help yourself warring, sad story.

Redlight

Probably both.
Only as long as you agree Sweeney talking sweet sweet music of PS5 is an equally unbiased technical opinion :p.

How does your last comment logically arise from anything that either of us said previously? I said nothing about Sweeney.

All we know for sure is that one of those men publicly stated that he's been working closely with Sony for years and also, as it turns out, had a quarter of a billion dollar investment in the wind.

The other just gave his opinion when asked by a journalist.

On Demand

Banned
it takes about 19 seconds to figure what console is stronger, that's why we have spec sheets

L O F’ L! So he’s talking about power and a meaningless 18% gap? Then he needs to be more specific. Looking at the OP he’s not saying anything.

I love how this thread and the desetera one has people arguing over........nothing.

Tesseract

Banned
L O F’ L! So he’s talking about power and a meaningless 18% gap? Then he needs to be more specific. Looking at the OP he’s not saying anything.

I love how this thread and the desetera one has people arguing over........nothing.
it's not nothing, the xbox is better

that's the end of the conversation

On Demand

Banned
it's not nothing, the xbox is better

that's the end of the conversation

I see what you’re doing. You’re taking the meaningless power gap and encompassing it, on purpose, to everything XB in general.

You’re right. This is the end of the discussion.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
And in to tomorrows news "Hideo Kojima declares his preference for XSX over slightly technically inferior PS5"

NeoGaf......

giphy.gif
A Japanese man liking western things? lol what is he a reverse weeb?

sircaw

Banned
He is entitled to his own opinion, but would of been nice to actually give a proper reason.

Like maybe a game he liked or something.

Tesseract

Banned
Make sure you ignore the user who quoted you. He’s purposely playing with words. See my posts.

That’s cute. As I said reality is different than your opinion. Sales, software output, graphics etc.

I see what you’re doing. You’re taking the meaningless power gap and encompassing it, on purpose, to everything XB in general.

You’re right. This is the end of the discussion.

yeah, i'm the one playing with words

He sounds abit unhinged.

because i can read a spec sheet like gabe without melting down like a fucking lunatic

the xbox is better, everything else is just noise

sircaw

Banned
yeah, i'm the one playing with words

because i can read a spec sheet like gabe without melting down like a fucking lunatic

the xbox is better, everything else is just noise

I am sorry but its a games console for GAMES. Power is nothing with out brilliant studios behind them.

I am sure you can figure that out, but by your replies your not looking to do that are you.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I am sorry b uts its a games console for GAMES. Power is nothing with out brilliant studios behind them.

I am sure you can figure that out, but by your replies your not looking to do that are you.
low iq

power is power

*edit*

08f73865c3e570d9dae9157e8434e836.gif

i got axed from this thread, gotta use this edit for one last reply

Gabe said nothing about power or console experience. Hence the question on what he means. That XB fanboy is making up things on what he said and meant to put XB in this magical circle of light.

You bring up the argument he’s making, he slickly changes it to another and uses the word “better” to mean XB in general even though he claims it’s the meaningless power gap.

See the edit in the post I quoted where he changed “stronger” to “better.”

Like I said, he’s playing with words and meanings purposely.

you are a weasel, i changed stronger to better because that's exactly what gabe said

never said it was a meaningless gap, the difference speaks for itself

imma look for you on the fugging battlefields

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
How exactly? If anything it's in his best interest to cosy up with Sony since Microsoft already puts games on PC and PC gaming is what makes him money.

You know Sony recently invested in Steams rival right? Where as MS are putting their games on Steam.

Truth is I don't think Gabe is looking beyond the system specs and probably the user experience at the end of the day.

I am sorry but its a games console for GAMES. Power is nothing with out brilliant studios behind them.

https://www.grammarly.com

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Gabe just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in reality where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in gaming, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is gamers, after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase anything on Steam, nor will they purchase any of Valve's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Gabe has alienated an entire market with this move.

Gabe, publicly apologize and say the PS5 is better or you can kiss your business goodbye.
THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! But also remember :

Square should have done the same thing with Final Fantasy XIII

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

Kadayi

Banned
Is that it? haha,

Wonderful.

Have a good day, i sure as hell will now. :messenger_beaming:

Seriously, sign up (it's free). You'll come across like less of a chump when you post with a whole bunch of 'Yours' instead of 'You're's for instance.

On Demand

Banned
Gabe said nothing about power or console experience. Hence the question on what he means. That XB fanboy is making up things on what he said and meant to put XB in this magical circle of light.

You bring up the argument he’s making, he slickly changes it to another and uses the word “better” to mean XB in general even though he claims it’s the meaningless power gap.

See the edit in the post I quoted where he changed “stronger” to “better.”

Like I said, he’s playing with words and meanings purposely.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Condolences to the people spending the last 24 hours trying to convince something to a bunch of online avatars. "Its not what you think it is". Although if you are not trying convince me that I should believe you, but instead I should believe that you are right, then I feel bad for you. You want a confirmation from a nobody on internet, to clear your insecurities. You want the "Oh shit I was wrong, you are right" moment from a graphical avatar.

Top Bottom