• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell prefers Xbox Series X to PS5

If I say, I may never get rid of my current tag.
I say we team up and go beat some knowledge and some heritage into those fancy lowlife new suits empty heads, paul castelano way. Whadaya say?

( If playstation games were put on epic gamestore, the only way people would bother is if quarter-bill timmy gave them for free ;p )

I say we team up and go beat some knowledge and some heritage into those fancy lowlife new suits empty heads, paul castelano way. Whadaya say?

( If playstation games were put on epic gamestore, the only way people would bother is if quarter-bill timmy gave them for free ;p )

We can't be having Sal's or Fredo's in the Playstation family. We all know how that ends. Putting the game exclusively on the Epic Games store is all about sending a message. Playstation never forgets nor forgives.

Last edited:
We can't be having Sal's or Fredo's in the Playstation family. We all know how that ends. ... its all about sending a message. Playstation never forgets nor forgives.
I like you. You are cray 🤣
La familia Playstationiana.

Lets go cut some suits ears and fingers so these fools learn what to listen to and what to sign.
I'm game 😂

Barakov

Gold Member
iu
I always wondered what it'd be like to hold that thing. Its' GIRTH probably would've negated how light the original six axis felt.

Saaleh

Banned
People should welcome this on the Playstation side. Noneedtobeupsetcraig.gif

Jim and Herman weren't Kaz and Uncle Jack who had to shoulder the load, and do the heavy fighting when the PS3 was down and getting pounded by all competitors left and right with personalities like Gabe coming out of the woodwork to help tilt the balance one way with his public comments trashing the PS3 and releasing exclusive games on Xbox. Did people forget about exclusives like Left4Dead and Left4Dead 2 on the Xbox side? Even publishers like EA thought Sony was done and signed up for the unprecedented partnership with MS for the Xbox One. A partnership no other 3rd party publisher dared to do. There is a gentleman understanding of neutrality for third party pubs. But EA being greedy fucks and clowns chose to forget it. EA has duly paid for that mistake - and it was beautiful to watch their apology tour, front and center at every PS event on first row, culminating in the PSX free game giveaway. That's the Playstation way, you make them repent.

You have these fresh new suits who seem to have selectively forgotten the past. They somehow believe we're in a new age, that the past no longer holds but there is an old adage that says that the more things change the more they stay the same. So I'm not surprised to see these suits release games on Steam (a mistake) when it has always been the Playstation way to get the competition to come to Playstation instead. Never has it been the other way around.

It was the case with Portal and it should be the case with Half Life: Alyx for PSVR2. Instead you have a cuck like Herman allowing a game like Horizon Zero Dawn to go to PC, on the eve of a new console launch, while the head of Valve/Steam, Gabe goes on public and literally endorses the competition in no uncertain terms knowing full well it would make headlines in the gaming world considering his status. Gabe could have come up with a mariad of dodges like any well versed man but he didn't. Not even Sweeny was that bold and clear cut despite supposedly getting "bought" by 250 mill.

So maybe this could serve as a bit of a wake up call and maybe it should give the new cucks in charge pause the next time they think of putting a Playstation exclusive on Steam, or allowing a merc like Kojima to cuck them by using Decima for free, funding the game, and have it go to PC.... with said merc more or less ripping the experience found on PS4 to prop up the PC version. I'm sure PS heads thought getting Kojima on board at the time was a boom for mind-share as they paraded his deposed corpse (by Konami) around on game shows but the man ain't worth that much. A merc is a merc. If you're going to release exclusives on PC for that extra change (peanuts, as the game is discounted and required extra work)... make it at least exclusive to the Epic games stores, a company you have money invested in. If only to send a message.

Maybe the new suits have gone into a certain lapse of knowledge trying to avoid the uncomfortable and painful past and forgot the few constants about the nature of the market and competition. We will know whether Herman is a certified cuck soon enough in the coming years. I rest easy in knowing Yoshida is still in the wings, watching from below.

Horizon zero dawn is not ported due to a pressure or a failure. It is just an experiment to raise the hype for playstation exclusives, it's just one game from playstation's awesome library. So I don't see any harm on that. Sony is teasing these pc gamers. Giving them a taste of what they are missing. As long they keep it teasing I'm fine with it.

Worst case all their exclusives become console exclusives while the quality of their games remain the same. I doubt that Sony will throw away their success like that.

But I can see your point of view happening. After all, failure happen due to decrementing steps. But we know sony, they always fix their awful mistakes

Last edited:

Dolomite

even that isn't good enough, the PS5 I/O has several DMA channels that go straight to the SSD, i's like having a massive cache for certain categories of data. and that in turn frees the standard caches for other traffic.
Oh?
Please explain to me in detail what about the XVA is holding it back🤔
100 GBS of instant data says 'whatsup'

lmimmfn

Well Gabe is ex M$, so stands to reason he would be a bit biased( when not interfering with steam store of course )

Batiman

Banned
Anyone would if you take out library preferences. XSX should have the best performing third party games easily. That’s worth it alone IMO. Loved MS and Sony exclusives this gen but I probably spent a small percentage of time on them looking at the full picture. Especially Sony’s great one and done games.

Just noticed this is an old thread..

Last edited:

TheGrat1

I always wondered what it'd be like to hold that thing. Its' GIRTH probably would've negated how light the original six axis felt.
I had this for the PS2:
813gQwgDjuL._SL1500_.jpg

Psyclone Tilt Sense controller.
It really was not comfortable to hold at all. Felt more like you had to squeeze it between your palms to hold it as opposed to it sitting in them. The shoulder buttons were a chore to press as your fingers simply do not get the chance to curve enough and are thus at a mechanical disadvantage compared to the DualShock. This thing is why I always chuckle a bit whenever I see people pining for the boomerang controller. The thumbsticks would get slimy too and it had no vibration!

Last edited:
When lord gaben said better, im guessing he is viewing it from a technical standpoint?

Nope. I am certain he has not touched either Dev Kit. His stance harkens back to the nasty PS3 era, where Sony failed to produce an accommodating work environments for the developers. His comments at the time were scathing (The Cell is a waste of everyone’s time). Plus, Gabe is an ex-MS employee and most certainly an aficionado of PC-centric approaches, especially on the software side.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nope. I am certain he has not touched either Dev Kit. His stance harkens back to the nasty PS3 era, where Sony failed to produce an accommodating work environments for the developers. His comments at the time were scathing (The Cell is a waste of everyone’s time). Plus, Gabe is an ex-MS employee and most certainly an aficionado of PC-centric approaches, especially on the software side.

Valve are an irrelevance in the console space, so his input is basically a nothing-burger. Any antagonism is more likely grounded in that Sony are competing in the VR space.

Eliciel

Okay, but what does Gabe Newell really have to do with the consoles in the first place? Is there something I am missing? Didn't he even release a console steam kind of thing? So, whey is he even commenting on consoles now? Strange times.

Calverz

He must know about dev kits and word of mouth from developers. Thats how i viewed it

Valve are an irrelevance in the console space, so his input is basically a nothing-burger. Any antagonism is more likely grounded in that Sony are competing in the VR space.

Yep, good point. Not mentioning their (Sony) rapprochement with Epic and the possible implications of it...

Last edited:
He must know about dev kits and word of mouth from developers. Thats how i viewed it

Has nothing to do with that. Developers know better than to parrot the word on the street; They usually get their hands dirty. This is clearly because of the reasons that have been mentioned above.

TriSuit666

Banned
Horizon zero dawn is not ported due to a pressure or a failure. It is just an experiment to raise the hype for playstation exclusives, it's just one game from playstation's awesome library. So I don't see any harm on that. Sony is teasing these pc gamers. Giving them a taste of what they are missing. As long they keep it teasing I'm fine with it.

Worst case all their exclusives become console exclusives while the quality of their games remain the same. I doubt that Sony will throw away their success like that.

But I can see your point of view happening. After all, failure happen due to decrementing steps. But we know sony, they always fix their awful mistakes

*ahem* The Unfinished Swan. Which makes a big noise about being released on some shitty console first.

Top Bottom