• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Gabe Newell Talks Half-Life: Alyx & Valve's Past and (Unexpected) Future – IGN First

Al3x1s

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nov 24, 2018
Cross posting from the PC VR - Hardware, Software, Recommendations & Discussion Thread. Gabe On!
In a rare half-hour conversation, Valve co-founder Gabe Newell talks about the studio's past with Half-Life, the surprising answer to what his favorite Half-Life game is, mistakes that Valve has made, what keeps a man worth billions of dollars coming to work every day, how he spends his days, what the next decade looks like for Valve (hint: it involves a brain-AI interface), and more!
Also, if you missed it:

And the previous thread with gameplay footage etc.:

Last edited:

Al3x1s

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nov 24, 2018
"It's sort of like that line in John Wick, where everybody keeps asking me if I'm back, you know? And, yeah, I guess Half-Life's back." -Gabe Newell
I bet Gabe can kill with his slippers :d

Reactions: EviLore

Wonko_C

Jul 5, 2010
Cancun, Mexico.
I bet Valve will just ditch numbers altogether for every future Half-Life game they make, even if they directly pick up from where Ep2's cliffhanger left off.