• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF FOTY 2014-Fail Of The Year-Results- Winner of the 2014 shit sandwich goes to...

mr stroke

32b5f66f5cbf7a82e383a8f2da1a148c1edf4943_full-1-1.jpg

2013's Winner--Xbox One DRM/180/Used games/Announcement/Always on

will hand the trophy over to-

#GamerGate

afmn6nV.jpg

LY1zq5K.jpg

TwrLUkn.png

F9OB2RA.png

Runners up-

#2 UbiSoft

wmo9S5L.png

#3 Halo MCC

1gXjTvz.jpg

#4 Destiny

NkyFX8C.jpg

#5 Broken Games

R1asaNp.jpg

Full Results-

Gamergate-364
Ubisoft-123
Halo MCC-30
Destiny-29
Broken Games-23
Final Fantasy 7 PS4-9
Polygon-6
Drive Club-6
AAA Games-6
Ass Creed Unity-6
Sonic Boom-3
Games Journalism-2
Wii U-2
Watch Dogs-1
PSN-1
Capcom-1
BF4-1
Dark Souls 2 PC-1
Sony-1
Amibos-1
Let it Die-1
No Half Life 3-1
PC ports-1

previous winners-

2013-Microsoft 180/No Used Games/etc..
2012-38 Studios
2011-PSN Hack
2010-NBA Elite
2009-PSPGO

2013 Results Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743491&highlight=gaf+votes+foty+2013

2012 Results Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506244

2011 Results Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457506

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I have to admit I don't know what Gamer Gate is, I even tried Googling it and didn't understand. I think I'm too old.

antitrop

What the fuck even is gamergate?

I went into that thread and I still have no clue.

A hashtag movement started by a long-forgotten actor to fix video games journalism. It was started up shortly after a blog was published by Zoe Quinn's ex-boyfriend, detailing supposed transgressions she had committed during their relationship. There are a few people that take the movement very seriously and aren't into the whole "attacking people online" thing, but they're just wasting their time, because the vast majority of the people who associate with the movement are. It's been a clusterfuck from the word "go".

GamerJM

Banned
Absolutely deserved. The only reason GamerGate could have not won is that "fail," is understating just how truly awful it is. Just absolutely gross.

The Lamp

It's too bad the Scamco DMCA attack on Dark Souls was too recent to vote for.

I'm still utterly confused about gamergate.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
A hashtag movement started by a long-forgotten actor to fix video games journalism. It was started up shortly after a blog was published by Zoe Quinn's ex-boyfriend, detailing supposed transgressions she had committed during their relationship. There are a few people that take the movement very seriously and aren't into the whole "attacking people online" thing, but they're just wasting their time, because the vast majority of the people who associate with the movement are. It's been a clusterfuck from the word "go".

That made no sense. Sounds like high school drama.

Toxi

Banned
Fuck you GamerGate, for being so awful Ubisoft or unfinished games didn't win.

What a terrible year for video games.

JNA

Banned
We need someone to photoshop a trophy for this kind of award. Our version of the Golden Poo if you will. :p

Despera

Banned
I remember trying to participate in the discussion during the early days of this whole gamergate debacle... I was almost eaten alive and every word I said was blown way out of proportion.

Never again. Glad I stopped before wasting my time on such petty matters.

Jonnax

That made no sense. Sounds like high school drama.

Crazy people on the internet got involved. Started issuing death threats. I believe there was one person that said that they would conduct a mass murder at a University if they allowed a feminist to conduct a talk.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yeah... I still have no idea what GameGate is, even after listening to repeated Podcasts on the topic and reading the GAF thread.

So maybe it fails, because nobody can understand what the fuck its about. Hating women, apparently.

Raxus

As bad as Ubisoft were this year, they don't even come close to how disgusting GamerGate is.

Basically. Any other year Ubisoft would have taken this year with ease but this year we had shit stain after shit stain of news stories with GamerGate being the king of shit mountain.

Fuck 2014.

Or threaten to shoot up a university for voicing those opinions at a conference.

I would argue that Gamergate is the worst thing I've EVER seen in gaming, not just for this year.

Seems like a pretty easy argument to win.

Sold the worst out of the three consoles, even with it's biggest hitters released.
Embarrassing, the console is a failure.

Nintendo returned to profit this year. And basically all of their major first-party games a) were well received and b) fucking worked.

So, you know, pretty good round for the console, pissing wars aside.

Top Bottom