• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF FOTY 2016-Fail Of The Year-Results- Winner of the 2016 shit sandwich goes to...

hamchan

I don't think FFXV is too much of a stretch to put on the list. I like the game but it's pretty clear development was rushed, which is kinda fail when the game was announced in some form 10 years ago.

Okay but what does that have to do with Gaming?
It's an embarrassment to the industry when an important member of the industry is outted as human garbage.

But the article says he sold his company to Facebook.
He's still on the payroll and a major figure. Just like fellow socially awkward but rich scumbag Notch. It's like saying Kojima has nothing to do with Metal Gear Solid because he doesn't work at Konami anymore.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Deserved winner.

Surprised Microsoft's Windows 10 ports of Xbox games and the Windows Store in general wasn't a LOT higher.

asked on another page but does anyone know when the GOTY voting thread goes up?

Based on past years it seems a bit late, I got my list/photos/explanations ready to go lol

I don't think FFXV is too much of a stretch to put on the list. I like the game but it's pretty clear development was rushed, which is kinda fail when the game was announced in some form 10 years ago.

It is a stretch when the Valve and CSGO situation exists. Valve implementing a system that they know can be abused and not doing jack shit about it until lawsuits start popping is a much bigger fuck up than anything that happened with XV.

Dabanton

It was always going to be NMS at the top.

It took less than 2 weeks for that game to go from some people on gafs potential 'game of the forever' to a worldwide laughing stock. And the sad thing is they may be 'fixing' it but it's hype has long gone. Shame as this game will probably mark Hello Games forever.

bobawesome

There's a lot to be disappointed by.

giphy.gif

Would have put 15 first. Tanked the franchise for me. Hope they take a long time off new mainline ff games if this is what their main series looks like now.

Worthy winner but not a lot of imagination further down the list. Nintendo somehow escaped a dreadful year with federation force, star fox 0 and the Wii U collapse in general with barely a mention.

Yep, the Wii U definitely should have made the top 3. What an enormous turd it was this year.

ethomaz

Banned
Except for SFV the ranking fits my fail of the year.

These games disappointed in high level... FFXV even more due being in a strong franchise and not being a new IP.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Disappointed no one voted for Star Ocean 5. Or maybe my eyes are failing me,,, I guess no one cared enough to buy it and try it.

I prefer pre-update NMS to Star Ocean 5.
I think most of us expected SO5 to be a steaming pile of shit.

Hell, SO4 was almost enough to convince me that the entire JRPG genre needed to die.

MrBadger

I think that CS GO lotto stuff deserves to be higher. Encouraging children to gamble is pretty fuckin bad.

EDIT: changed comment because of thread derailment

Top Bottom