• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Gameplay Videos and Streams - Share your Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerix

Game: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Video Title: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Beautiful Landscape and Gameplay
Platform: PS4
Length: 5:02

Content: Showing of some beautiful landscapes and other scenes of the game. Contains some minor spoilers, but the scenes are very short and out of context. I really loved the visuals and atmosphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1ufHTk9sc

COk139fWUAAIKXq.jpg:orig

Symphonia

Banned
Pure Gaming

The above is my new gaming channel. There isn't too much on there at the moment, but there's new videos going up almost daily. Anyone who subscribes, likes, or comments would be doing me a huge favour.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Game: Life is Strange
Video Title: Life is Strange S1E4 2/2 - Dark secret ahead of us!
Platform: PC Steam
Length: 3 hours and 41 minutes (just scroll towards the end for my reaction at the ending)

I've just very recently started my own game channel and have been playing a few games. One of which is Life is Strange and just last weekend I completed Episode 4 of that game. Please don't watch this video if you haven't gotten to the mid point of that game yet. I play each episode in 2 sessions and this is the second half session of my episode 4 playthrough. I have never been this shocked by a game cliffhanger before except for maybe The Last of Us. So, since I've been streaming this game, my reaction and my interaction with my few viewers are recorded for the Internet to see haha. Scroll towards the end if you just want to see the obvious crazy ending part where we all got our collective minds blown.

https://youtu.be/hHgtxZQ0eiY

I stream both on YouTube and Twitch currently by playing NeoGAF's Mario Maker levels. So feel free to come hang out whenever I stream :) My schedule is on my Youtube's About page and also I announce it on Twitter if I remember to !

Symphonia

Banned
From next week, I plan to really knuckle down and start recording videos daily. I already have some Uncharted: NDC videos up, and a couple of Minecraft Story Mode videos, but they are all recorded in 720p using the PS4 Share button. I dug out my Elgato HD60 and plan to re-record the MSM videos in 1080p but I have a few questions.

1. Ideally, what length is perfect for a Let's Play video? Mine are currently between 25-30 minutes per part.

2. Commentary or no? My channel (Pure Gaming) was set up with the aim of posting nothing but pure gameplay, but commentary is popular. Do you think commentary is a must?

3. What kind of games do you like to watch? I currently have U:NDC, Journey, and MSM. I plan to do a Life Is Strange playthrough, and maybe Assassasin's Creed Syndicate, as well as COD:BO3 once it's released, but what else?

Any help would be great.

From next week, I plan to really knuckle down and start recording videos daily. I already have some Uncharted: NDC videos up, and a couple of Minecraft Story Mode videos, but they are all recorded in 720p using the PS4 Share button. I dug out my Elgato HD60 and plan to re-record the MSM videos in 1080p but I have a few questions.

1. Ideally, what length is perfect for a Let's Play video? Mine are currently between 25-30 minutes per part.

2. Commentary or no? My channel (Pure Gaming) was set up with the aim of posting nothing but pure gameplay, but commentary is popular. Do you think commentary is a must?

3. What kind of games do you like to watch? I currently have U:NDC, Journey, and MSM. I plan to do a Life Is Strange playthrough, and maybe Assassasin's Creed Syndicate, as well as COD:BO3 once it's released, but what else?

Any help would be great.

1) I think 20 minutes is ideal for a Let's Play. Just my personal opinion.

2) I prefer commentary if it isn't too crazy, but I think there's definitely a market for commentary or not commentary.

3) This is too broad of a question unless you're specifically targeting the GAF demographic. Personally, I like RTS, FPS, and MOBAs.

Symphonia

Banned
1) I think 20 minutes is ideal for a Let's Play. Just my personal opinion.

2) I prefer commentary if it isn't too crazy, but I think there's definitely a market for commentary or not commentary.

3) This is too broad of a question unless you're specifically targeting the GAF demographic. Personally, I like RTS, FPS, and MOBAs.
1. So 20-25 is the perfect length? At what point do you begin to lose interest?

2. My commentary would be quite timid, certainly not like certain Youtubers. I just hate my voice, ha.

3. I'm looking for a mix of games to play so would take any recommendations GAF has.

Nerix

Game: The Order: 1886
Video Title: The Order: 1886 - Gameplay and Cutscenes
Length: 7:37

Content: Some chosen scenes of my playthrough. It´s really a great looking game, I also enjoyed the setting and the story. May contain mild story spoilers, but nothing that exceeds a normal trailer.

Some feedback would be great, as it took me quite a while to cut the video in a way, so that it´s (hopefully) not boring to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KacS6VWHGE

theorder_1886_2015102p0sb4.png

1. So 20-25 is the perfect length? At what point do you begin to lose interest?

2. My commentary would be quite timid, certainly not like certain Youtubers. I just hate my voice, ha.

3. I'm looking for a mix of games to play so would take any recommendations GAF has.
I am not the best one ask, as I am not very interested in Let's Plays - mostly they're too long and I prefer playing the game myself if I'm interested. And to find out if that's the case, a few minutes of gameplay + a review is usually enough.

2. It really depends on the voice and commentary style - to some people I like to listen, to others not. Probably it would be a good idea to ask some friends / your family to watch the video and give you an honest opinion about your commentary (if they can be that objective ;). Otherwise just try it out, put a video with and without commentary online and look at the feedback.

3: I would guess that usually the newest games draw the most interest - if you can get them a bit prior to release, even better. Just play what you like to play - than you have the highest chance, that your Let´s Plays will be good.

I've been hovering around this thread for a while but haven't shared anything of my own yet. I sat down around April of 2015 and decided I'd like to start releasing consistent content to try and grow a YouTube channel, just for funsies, not as a career or significant source of finances. I've pulled in around 650 subs since really getting into it and I'm making about $40-50 a month right now, with the subscriber count, minutes watched, and monthly earnings growing slowly but steadily. It's fun to see the channel grow and I'm more than happy with the progress considering I am just recording myself playing games I'd be playing anyway but I just throw on some dull commentary over-top. Occasionally I release a non-gameplay video (short tutorial, video highlight, etc.) when I get the itch or have a fun idea. Below is one of those short highlights:

Title: Heroes of the Storm
Platform: PC
Length: 1:04

Content: Here, I am controlling the Tank-looking hero ("Soka") that rolls in from the left-side of the screen at about 0:30. On the right are two opposing heroes ("Elyseus" and "Whitelozano"). Off-screen, I've set a trap for the heroes with a particular set-up that I think will work well against the Centaur-looking character, Luanra, as Lunara commonly leaps over heroes... So uh, you can see whether that trap worked or not. Also, warning: airhorns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5w2BhHd0i8

Nerix

Game: The Banner Saga (1 and 2)
Video Title: The Banner Saga 1 and 2 - Cutscenes and Gameplay
Length: 3:37

Content: Just a few cutscenes and one short battle scene. Contains spoilers, but without context (similar to movie/game trailers). Really enjoyed the game, great art-design, storytelling (northern mythology) and turn based combat system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtY7nlwneco

CpDW1xCXgAEFO82.jpg:orig

Nerix

Game: The Last Guardian
Video Title: The Last Guardian - Summary of an Adventure
Length: 3:12

Content: A few chosen scenes of my playthrough. Contains mild spoilers (out of context). I really enjoyed the game, it is something special. The gameplay is sometimes frustrating, but it is amazing to see how they were able to create such a realistic animal that you actually care about more and more along your progression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO3ccJp8WU8

C4D9iviWQAQTN_v.jpg:orig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom