• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Games of the Year 2011 - Voting Thread - Voting's Over, Folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SykoTech

1. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ; Capcom's scummy way of treating their customers aside, this is the most fun I've had all year. Fantastic fighting mechanics, great character themes, and plenty of fanservice on both sides. Especially as a Marvel fan. Best fighting game this generation.

2. Sonic Generations ; Seems Sega has finally stopped screwing around. Generations is the best the hedgehog has been since the Genesis days. Two different and fun styles of Sonic with great level design and music. Even the boss fights are a lot of fun (except the last one -_-), which is weird as I always find them to be the low point of Sonic games bar one or two exceptions. Feels nice to actually have some confidence in Sonic Team again.

3. LittleBigPlanet 2 ; Like a lot of sequels this gen (Galaxy 2, R&C: ToD, etc.), LBP2 felt kinda same-y and lacked the wow factor the first one had. Still, more of excellence is still excellence. New gadgets like Grabinator are a lot of fun and the new creation tools led to a lot of great levels as well.

x. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One ; Pretty fun game when playing 4-player co-op. The fire fights get really crazy with 4 people. Kinda lacking in terms of the creativity I expect from R&C though. Didn't run too well either, and the story was bleh.

2010. Super Street Fighter 4 ; Missed out on vanilla SFIV because this was inevitable. Really enjoyed it though. The strudy mechanics, catchy themes, and even the art style all brought me back to caring about Street Fighter again. And Juri is awesome.

randomkid

I never participate in these kinds of threads but that similarity metric from last year was so cool I'm just gonna throw up this list. Including remakes is silly I think but if the rules allow it here goes. Order is mostly random.

1. Persona 2: Innocent Sin; the ideal template for an enhanced port
2. El Shaddai; dazzled
3. Inazuma Eleven
4. Solatorobo
5. Ghost Trick; so stylish
6. Professor Layton and the Last Specter; I support the weirdness of London Life
7. Catherine
8. Tactics Ogre
9. Trails in the Sky
10. Dezaemon Kids; makes so little sense to includes this but dammit it's a 2011 PSN debut and I love it so why the eff not. It's Retrogame Challenge (nostalgia/homages/tributes, Konami codes and 102 lovingly made digital manuals) meets Warioware D.I.Y. (surrealism, grab-bag aesthetics, a toolkit for game/shooter design)

x. Jamestown; this game was much funnier than I expected it would be!
x. Kirby Mass Attack
2010. Def Jam Rapstar

I used to make fun of people who have been braying about the superiority of handhelds for years and years but 2011 stunned me into silence. I promise I'm not trying to be douchily contrarian with this focus either, Journey and Rhythm Heaven Wii would have likely been on if they'd made it out this year and I really was planning on getting Littlebigplanet 2 and Skyward Sword before I soured on them. I dunno, maybe it's my fondness for end of life system marvels but the handhelds really brought it in 2011, here's to Grand Knights and Eternal Punishment as the final final hurrah.

I haven't played a lot of new games in 2011, but these two definitely top my list:

1 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution; Eidos Montreal did the impossible, by making an amazing prequel to one of the most respected games of all time. Very happy to see this game on so many people's lists.

2 - Portal 2; While the Portal mechanics weren't nearly as refreshing as they were in the first game, the storytelling, humor, characters, and art design made this game so fantastic.

3 - Bastion; Fantastic game. Art, music, story, gameplay, everything was excellent.

Raw64life

1. Dark Souls
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. Super Mario Land 3D
4. Portal 2
5. Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
6. Mortal Kombat
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Mario Kart 7
9. Rage
10. Pilotwings Resort

x. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

2010. Mass Effect 2

1. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Minecraft
3. Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Dead Island
5. Bulletstorm
6. Portal 2
7. Catherine

I blame Minecraft for me still not getting to Saints Row 3, Dark Souls, Skyward Sword, Deus Ex Human Revolution and Uncharted 3, or I'm sure they'd be on my list.

Razorskin

----- ------
1. Batman: Arkham City
2. Skyrim
3. Portal 2
4. Assassins Creed: Revelations
6. Mario Kart 7
5. Rage
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution

1- Batman Arkham City: Amazing game, great cast of Batman villains, quickfire gadgets make the fluid and fun combat even better, fantastic bosses. Fun from start to finish. Much better than the first.

2 - Uncharted 3: Great set pieces, characters, a so-so story but it's up here because of how it's gameplay is the absolute best in it's genre.

3 - Dead Space 2: Such a fun game, necromorhps are incredibly fun enemies to dismember. Starts off very strong. Falls apart at the end due to turning into a straight shooter with waves of enemies and frustrating combat.

4 - Deus Ex: Love how you can take on missions in different ways. But I probably would have enjoyed this game more if it was shorter, it starts to drag toward the end.

5 - Infamous 2: Noticeable step back from Infamous 1 but still pretty fun, I like how playing it evil and bad has some real different consequences this time.

2010. Mass Effect 2

x Skyrim - would have been on the list if they didn't ship a broken game on the PS3.
x Portal 2 - Found myself looking forward to more jokes than more puzzles but still a great experience.

Overall I expected 2011 to be better, mainly inFamous 2 and Killzone 3, Uncharted 3 was a slight disappointment too because of the lack of unlocks/cheats.

Omikaru

1. Catherine ; I'm a bit of a tool for anything the Persona team releases, so I was bound to rank Catherine pretty high. It's a damn fine game, with some strong characters (much like the Persona games) and a weird story which, whilst going off the deep end, totally works. Has the right level of humour, seriousness, branching plotlines and scalable difficulty to be the best game I played in 2011. Bravo, Atlus: you've made one of the few games released this year that I'll actually replay.

2. Bastion ; I started Bastion expecting a damn fine game (I had, after all, played the demo). What I didn't expect was to be blown away. Tight controls, beautiful art direction and a great story told by Ruck (the game's narrator) seal the deal on this brilliant isometric action game.

3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ; I was performing an early Thieve's Guild mission where I had to burn down a part of someone's property. However, a rather mean-looking pair of guards were watching my target like a hawk, and were going to cause me trouble if I moved into their line of sight. "What I'd do for a distraction right now," I thought, when all of a sudden, a dragon swooped down onto the courtyard, and drew the guards' attention. Spotting an opportunity, I ran through the chaos and torched what needed to be torched, then high-tailed it back to Riften. But that wasn't the end of it: the dragon had followed me back to the town and began fucking up shit in the street, until the town came together and took it down. What a game.

4. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective ; I was actually reluctant to get this. I was hoping Shu Takumi would go back to Ace Attorney and sort out the mess the series was left in after Apollo Justice, and was not going to get Ghost Trick as some sort of stupid "protest" against Capcom. But I had £50 in reward points from GAME, and had decided that I wasn't going to buy stuff from them again, and proceeded to blow it on games I hadn't bought. Ghost Trick was one of them, and after finishing it, I regretted not buying it on its release date. A rather unique take on the adventure game, Ghost Trick brings a degree of game-ness to the genre that many people claim the genre needs in this day and age. Coupled with typical Takumi-esque characters and plot elements, and you have a winner.

5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; After the original, I had such high hopes for this one. And most of them were met. Eidos Montreal had, in my view, successfully kept the spirit of the original Deus Ex, but modernised it for the consoles whilst keeping it faithful for us PC users. I have two major gripes, however: the first is that there's only two hub worlds, and you visit them multiple times. The second is that the endings are rubbish FMVs with a different Adam Jensen voice over the top. So lazy, even if the MGS-like WTF moment at the end of the credits was the part that got the strongest reaction out of me.

6. Portal 2 ; Not Valve's finest game, but a very strong effort. Great voice work, especially from Stephen Merchant as Wheatley, made the game one I won't soon forget. However, the puzzles were a little easy, and I felt some of the gameplay magic of the first had been lost in the sequel. However, the game more than made up for its single player gameplay shortcomings with the co-op mode, which I enjoyed in one sitting with a good friend of mine.

7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; I liked the motion controls. I wasn't bothered by the "long" introduction. I enjoyed the repeated formula. Still, something about this game just didn't gel with me as much as it should. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adored it, and Skyward Sword had my undivided attention, but I went in feeling I'd be playing my GOTY, and came out realising I hadn't. I think I've been spoiled by playing Skyrim, and having my expectations on what SS should be retroactively altered. I wouldn't change a thing about the game, but I guess I don't love the Zelda series as much as when I was a kid.

8. Pokémon Black/White ; I loved Pokémon as a young teen, but post-Gold/Silver, I've not had much to say about the series at all. Save for new Pokémon to catch, and "new" locations and a "new" plot, not much had changed from that game to when I started playing Diamond/Pearl. Black/White, however, changes all of that. The world has grown up a bit, with the game touching on subjects that, whilst not mature in any sense, are more grown up than previous games. Whilst the gameplay hasn't changed dramatically (but does have some very nice improvements, both technically and aesthetically), I feel that the series is finally growing up with its audience and is asking itself what it wants to be when it grows up.

9. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception ; Great setpieces, but as a whole product they felt disconnected and incoherent. It was like a bunch of level designers were told to work on their own in building cool things, and then Amy Hennig being told she had to weld all these pieces together with a story. The fact that the final parts of the game felt shoehorned in compared to the grand and exciting setpieces in the first 75% of the game solidifies my view that this is what was going on. Uncharted 3 doesn't hold a candle to its predecessor.

10. Batman: Arkham City ; I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum, but Arkham City was a game that was at a point where I'd decided I'd had enough with this gameplay. It wasn't boring, but I felt that it had run its course about 3-4 hours in and I only completed it because I thought I should. Catwoman missions shook things up a little bit, but not enough to stave off the fatigue. I'm just glad I got this for free with my GPU, as I would've certainly regretted paying full price for it.

x. The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings ; What I've played, about an hour or so, is stellar stuff. However, PC problems kind of killed the passion I had for this early on, so I've filed it high on the list on my backlog, and I'll start ploughing through it once the Xbox 360 version is out, just so I can have people going through it at the same time as I am to discuss it with.

x. Gemini Rue ; A nice adventure game that tries to evoke an old-school look and feel, but with some modern adventure game innovations thrown into the mix. On the most part it succeeds, and I'm very happy that the game is now on Steam for everyone to buy. Wonky voice acting aside, Gemini Rue is top indie game that really does shame anything that the bigwig adventure game house, Telltale Games, has released this year. Unfortunately, I can't put it on my main list as I haven't finished it yet (Skyrim basically sliced it down the middle, and I'll probably get back to it next month now), but it's very good and I felt the need to mention it.

2010. 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors ; Being in Europe, I had to import this wonderful game from the US. I ordered it in December 2010, but it arrived from VG+ in January of this year, and it's an awesome game. Interesting characters, an intriguing story and a great twist that ties all the different endings together. I highly recommend it, and were it released this year, it would most certainly be near the top of my GOTY list.

1. Portal 2 ; Incredible voice acting, witty humor, great puzzles, looks beautiful, fun co-op. I can't say enough good things about this game. It's a masterpiece.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; I beat this game in 4 days. I haven't played a game for 10 hours a day in years. This game felt incredibly magical, even for a Zelda game.
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ; Tons of bugs and it definitely is quantity over quality, but I'll be damned if that quantity isn't a blast.
4. Shadows of the Damned ; This humor should be cringeworthy, but somehow it works.
5. L.A. Noire ; I thought this game was misunderstood. Yes the story falls flat and the gameplay becomes repetitive. There are a lot of things wrong with it, but things that it did right it did very well! The facial animations are too cool to watch.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword; Just straight out fun. Yes, some complaints, but at the end.. its fun.
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; What else can one say? This thing is a time sucker.
3. Batman: Arkham City; Open ended, straight to the walls fun.
4. Gears of War 3; What a fitting end. Just straight out excellent. Co-Op was a blessing.
5. Crysis 2; Loved the ride. Had its problems definitely but one of the best shooters I've played in some time.
6. Killzone 3; Fun SP, addicted to the MP for some strange reason.
7. Super Mario 3D Land; Classic mario mixed with new elements.
8. Mario Kart 7; the same old... redefined into one amazingly fun package.
9. Modern Warfare 3; Has what I think is the best SP Campaign of the whole series. MP's a blast.
10. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception; Some bad design choices can't stop a pulse pounding game like this.

x. Dragon Age 2; stupid choices didn't stop me from having fun with the game.
x. Street Figher 4 AE; the classic... broken. :p! Still had a blast.

2010: Darksiders.

Still gotta play Witcher 2, Portal 2 and Deus Ex. Will get to it soon :D!

1- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2- Dark Souls
3- LittleBigPlanet 2
4- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
5- inFamous 2
6- Dead Space 2
7- Resistance 3
8- Assassins Creed: Revelations
9- Killzone 3

Salih

1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Xenoblade
3. Dark Souls
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
6. Batman: Arkham City
7. Shadows of the Damned
8. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
9. Assassins Creed: Revelations
10. Mario Kart 7

Astra

1. Xenoblade Chronicles; Brilliant RPG, and very refreshing to have such a large world jRPG. The enormity of the enviornments, and the art was astounding to behold. I also loved the music, and would spend extended periods just exploring, and enjoying the music. The battle system was a little too basic, and got rather boring halfway through the game, but was never exceedingly tedious. I never found myself having any difficulty with the majority of the battles, and indeed, found myself over leveled by the end, likely due to the insane number of quests.

2. Batman: Arkham City; took into account both the strengths and weakness of Arkham Asylum, and improved in most, if not all, fields. Gameplay is accessible and enjoyable for fans of 'action' and 'stealth' alike. Memorable story for fans of the Batman lore, with a familiar cast of characters, even if some may have a unique spin on them - and some pretty solid voice-acting to go with. Plenty of additional content. Main area of improvement for any future areas may yet be boss fights (like AA), even if those were a relative improvement.

3. Assassin's Creed: Revelations; While this title may seem like a point of disagreement between fans, viewing critics, or otherwise, most of the 'issues' seemed comparatively minor, if one has been enjoying the gameplay, story, and general atmosphere of the series thus far. Add in a fun and addicting multiplayer angle as well -- one that, too, manages to tie itself into the series lore -- and Revelations makes for a memorable entry into an equally memorable series.

4. Radiant Historia; A very enjoyable RPG, overall. Did nothing special in terms of gameplay, and battles became pretty tedious 3/4 into the game. Found myself avoiding many battles for this reason. Pretty linear experience, considering it was a title about time travel, paralell universes and the actions in one universe affecting the other. Still, I quite enjoyed the story and characters, and blasted through it pretty quickly, eager to see how the story unfolded.

5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; It pains me to rate this the lowest, due to the technical issues, but they were so bad that it really hindered my enjoyment of this otherwise amazing game. As always, the story wasn't anything special, and many of the quest-lines fell short of delivering a memorable story experience, though that was never the strong point of Elder Scrolls game. The exploration, which I'd find myself lost in for hours, is where the real appeal is. Skyrim is amazing in that regard, as the landscape of the Northern province is gorgeous. Combat, and general control was a big improvement over Oblivion, but still feels dated. There's no feeling of impact when you land a blow. You might as well be attacking a straw dummy, as well as a troll. Rgardless, it didn't hinder my experience one bit, unlike the horrible frame-rate issues that plague the PS3 version, which was extremely detrimental to exploration.

2010. Persona 3: Portable; A game I was led to believe was a cheap port, but it was anything but. It had an abundant amount of new content with the female protagonist that is easily justified the full price of a new game. The inclusion of full party control made the deal even sweeter. No longer would we have to rely on the notoriously stupid AI of your party members. It was great playing as the female main character, as it gave some insight in to characters like Akihiko, and added a lot more depth to the immature Junpei. I did miss running around the city, and seeing the characters interact with eachother on screen. The small things truly made Persona 3 great, and that was noticeably absent from P3:p.

This is difficult to really narrow down but...

1. Dark Souls
2. Battleheart
3. Dead Space 2
4. Battlefield 3
5. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
7. Xenoblade Chronicles
8. Skyrim
9. Trenched
10. Super Brothers: Sword and Sworcery

Honorable Mention

x. Frozen Synapse (If it had deep single-player campaign with a story it would have been significantly higher on my list)

x. Forza 4 (Bought it...no time to play it. : /)

x. Radiant Historia (I really like what they were trying to do with the "time angle" but at times I found the combat a bit of a drag and also found myself confused at times as to where to go next.)

SamVimes

1. The Witcher 2
2. Portal 2
3. Binding of Isaac
4. Terraria
5. Spacechem

I don't think i played anything else worth putting in a top 10 list this year.

Alex

1. Corpse Party
2. Dark Souls
3. Star Wars: The Old Republic
4. Atelier Totori
5. Ghost Trick
6. Portal 2
7. Infamous 2
8. Trails in the Sky
9. The Witcher 2
10. Alice Madness Returns

I don't really have an order to this, but whatever!

1. Batman Arkham City; tied with Zelda but I keep thinking how Zelda could have been better.
2. Zelda Skyward Sword; I think its the weakest 3D Zelda but still an excellent game
3. LBP2
4. Dark Souls
5. Skyrim
6. Portal 2
7. Deus Ex HR
8. Mortal Kombat
9. Uncharted 3
10. Outland

X. Mass Effect 2; an absolute masterpiece and would be my GOTY of 2010.

1. Portal 2 ; Loved it. The game was cleverly designed, had fantastic voice work and left me smiling. Its been a very long time since I have finished a game and just felt really good afterward.

2. Dark Souls ; Difficult, atmospheric, and inspired.

3. Uncharted 3 ; Not as great as the second but still a fantastic and enjoyable experience with awesome set pieces and characters.

4. Shogun 2: Total War ; The opposite of a shameful display. I will say that there are some design flaws but nothing worth docking the game for though.

5. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 ; I have spent a lot of time playing this game with my roommates and having a fun time doing it.

Those are the ones I played that really stuck with me this year.

2010 GOTY: MGS: Peace Walker. My favorite MGS and one of my favorite all time gaming experiences.

nym

Neo Member
1. Skyrim; The technical flaws be damned, this was easily one of the most immersive game's I've played in a long time.
2. Dark Souls; Could of been number one, but there were just so many things I thought Demon's Souls did better. Hard to vote for a game to be number one when I play it and have a slight nagging sensation of disappointment.
3. Portal 2; Great writing, great story, great everything. This, like Dark Souls, could of easily been my number one.
4. Gears of War 3; My go to multiplayer game, and some of the most fun I had in a single player game this year. Despite my frustrations with how Epic has handled the season pass DLC, I am really impressed by how much content they have given us in this title. So much fun.
5. Battlefield 3; I've never been a big Battlefield fan, having played quite a few of them. I took a break from the series, and fell in love with this. My go to fps multiplayer game, and my second most played competitive multiplayer game this year.
6. Uncharted 3; Really enjoyed my time with this, but like the other uncharted games, once I finished the main campaign I was pretty much done, but man the time spent with the campaign was awesome. Can't wait to see what Naughty Dog does next with The Last of Us.
7. Minecraft; Love a great PC game I can play on my mac, and minecraft is indeed a great game. Very impressed with this game.
8. Rage; Under-appreciated gem of a shooter. Some of the best shooting I've experienced this gen. The coop was also an absolute blast.
9. Bastion; Number one downloadable only title for a console this gen. Also the only game soundtrack I've purchased this year (signed too!).
10. Tiny Tower; I probably played this game more than anything else this year hands down.

froliq

My top 10:
2. The Witcher 2
3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
4. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
6. Dark Souls
7. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
8. Xenoblade
9. Battlefield 3
10. Portal 2

Honorable mentions:
x. Alice: Madness Returns
x. Yakuza 4

wrowa

1. Portal 2 ;
Portal 2 is far from being the Holy Grail of video gaming and some additions to the gameplay could have used more work. The areas in between the test chambers had an awesome atmosphere, but "searching for the Portal spot" was more often than not an unnecessarily frustrating experience. However, everything else in the game just fits. Its puzzles might be easier than the ones seen later into the original game, but in return the game introduces new gameplay ideas literally every 5 seconds. I doubted that the Portal concept had the potential to become a full-price, full-fledged game, but I was wrong. Valve has found a ton of fantastically creative uses of the Portal gun and Portal 2 feels through and through like a labour of love. Not to mention that it has one of the best written stories of video game history combined with a narrative that doesn't copy hollywood, but uses video games as what it is: a form of art on its own.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles ;
It's just the best RPG of the generation. What else is there to say? Monolith, a developer known for messy RPGs in which the player spends more time watching cutscenes than playing a game, decided to make an RPG that's all about the gameplay. It also decided to throw most of the jRPG traditions out of the window to make something that truly feels like the next evolution of a beloved genre. I hope everyone who lives in the US and wasn't able to play the game yet, will buy the game once it reaches US shores in April. It's so worth it.

3. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ;
Some people hate, some people love it. I definitely belong to the latter group. The Motion Plus controls were great, but let's be honest: I didn't care much for them. The reason I love this game is for how well it integrates new ideas into the formula. I love the new pre-dungeon areas (which were definitely the focal point during the development) and I love how creative and dense the areas are. I also love the dungeons, I love Skyloft, I love the items and I love the way Skyward Sword isn't re-using the same old puzzles all over again.

So, why isn't this my game of the year? Quite simply: Despite all of that, it still feels in some important areas stuck in old traditions. Sometimes it just didn't feel like I'm playing a game of 2011, but a game of 2005.

4. To the Moon ;
This PC indie RPG isn't much of game, honestly, it's more akin to a visual novel. It doesn't feature any battles. It doesn't have any puzzles either. Does it give the player many ways to interact with the story? Nope. But it still offers an experience like very few other. To the Moon tells a wonderful story, a story that is exceptionally well written and it's just beautiful to be a part of it. I was skeptical at first, thinking the game might belong to that "pretentious bullshit" group, but I was wrong. It's hands down nothing short of one of the most memorable and beautiful "games" in gaming history.

5. The Binding of Isaac ;

I don't even like this game, but damn why is it so insanely addictive?! It's hard, it's unforgiving, it's frustrating. And still you won't let it down until you've kicked Mom's ass. Multiple times. Nothiing's hard enough to beat me! NOTHING! Isaac needs me!

6. Radiant Historia ;

I nearly forgot about this. What a mistake! Radiant Historia is a more traditional JRPG than Xenoblade, but it nevertheless feels like a fresh breath for the genre. The battle system became annoying after a while, but everything else was just so very clever. The time-warping feature was ace, and it's one of the few RPGs that tell a story that don't feel like a waste of time.

("Man, what a horrible list. No Skyrim? No Batman? No Uncharted? No Dark Souls?" Sorry, due to time constraints I missed most of the holiday titles except for Zelda :( )

Tain

muchi_muchi_pork.png
serious_sam_3.png
hard_corps_uprising.png
gundam_extreme_vs.png
akai_katana.png

strania.png
dark_souls.png
catherine.png
yakuza_4.png
portal_2.png

1. Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets ; I'm assuming this needs to be counted as one game since it's a bundle, but I'm much more familiar with Muchi Muchi Pork than I am Pink Sweets.
me said:
This game is so good. It's not as ridiculously cryptic as Yagawa's other games, and it doesn't really demand rank control in the first loop (at least, not in 1.01), but it keeps the course selection and some of the vehicle variety. The scoring system is in a great place: you're in your best interests to keep it in mind when playing for survival due to the extend structure, but unlike, say, Radiant Silvergun, you can take it however seriously you want it. Put a little bit of attention into it and get an extra life or two, put a ton of attention in and get serious extends to get you further. The B-button laser and meter are awesomely thought-out, giving you a bunch of genuinely useful options like doing more damage, locking on, grabbing medals automatically, getting special piggie payloads from certain terrain objects, getting bomb juice from all the tanks, or even piercing through things when out of ammo. And the situations where you grab medals manually are as awesome as they have always been. Fuck, this game is really good.

The only downside I can think of is port-related. The stage 4 boss was, unfortunately, messing the difficulty curve up pretty bad. He might as well have been the final boss of the game for me, as Stage 5 was really smooth sailing in comparison and kind of anticlimactic. The original arcade game has enough slowdown on the stage 4 boss to bring the difficulty down to a level that makes sense, apparently.

2. Serious Sam 3: BFE ;
me said:
hard mode, no quicksaves. are you fucking kidding me.

This game has surprised me so much that I need to slow down and be very careful about what I'm saying. Without a doubt, this game dethrones my two favorite first person shooters this gen (Crysis and Episode 2). It kinda sucks that you occasionally need to roll back a save or two, but the game remembers the last 8 or so auto-saves. It kinda sucks that glorious no-quicksave mode has to be a player-imposed rule, but it's far more sensible to do that now that the checkpoints are overall pretty good. The beginning of the game kinda sucks in that the enemies you fight are super easy and it takes a little bit to get out of the usual corridor-shooting stuff, but all was forgiven after about half an hour. The variety in enemy behavior, the variety in weapon usage, the constantly-changing arenas, the constantly changing visibility, the perfectly rationed ammo and health pickups, and the tension added to the game when you can't quicksave all mash together and make the big fights in this game wonderful.

I mean, part of me just wants to just say that this is the best Western action game since Doom 2, but 1) those are large words, and 2) this might actually be better than Doom 2.

3. Hard Corps Uprising ;
me said:
What a game. The control scheme is complicated for the genre (six to seven buttons!), and wonderfully enough, the brutal stages and bosses actually completely justify it. You'll have to use everything, and you'll have to use it often. And if you're crazy good, you can use a few extra-risky tools to look awesome and save time. The final boss in arcade mode took me ages. I can only imagine how hard this game must be to 1cc, let alone no-miss (which is an achievement). I still think I might have preferred a leaner and more arcade-style game, as there might be a few sequences that could have been cut shorter/removed and the current continue scheme is kinda lame, but it's still pretty excellent. Awesome soundtrack, pretty levels (omg that city stage).

Still haven't tried Rising mode. Sounds like baby mode imo.

4. Gundam Extreme Vs. ; Started playing this VERY recently, but as soon as it started clicking, it earned a spot on this list. This game is everything Virtual On: Force wants to be. Like any good versus arcade game, it's fast, has a ridiculous amount of variety, and is SO satisfying to learn against humans. Hell, even the port's single player campaign is awesome.

5. Akai Katana ; This is a confusing one, for sure, and one I have yet to put a legitimate amount of time into, but I can see why this game is so highly regarded. Complicated and gorgeous.

6. Strania - The Stella Machina ; Border Down era visual style, massive spectacle bosses, a ton of terrain to navigate through, goofy weapons to swap between and keep track of, an awesome soundtrack, and a strict adherence to arcade design philosophies. I thought this game was going to be the start of G.Rev's decline. Hell no.

7. Dark Souls ;
me said:
Everything I liked about Demon's Souls is here (needing to learn stage layouts, enemy ranges, and animation speeds), and it actually manages to be a better game in every way. More limited flasks mostly replace healing items, there's a world that consists of focused areas tied together in an open manner (while maintaining the spaced out checkpoints), the bosses are rougher overall, the online connection methods are divided up in a more interesting way, there's more secret stuff, and probably best of all, there's a constant feeling of uncertainty regarding what one should be doing next. The game still has some of the original's problems (I don't like how much luring and backstabbing goes on, and I'd like to see a game kinda built like this only with absolutely no options for grinding), but I loved it enough to play for 75 hours and counting.

8. Catherine ;
me said:
I hate how Atlus handled the new difficulty settings (is there any good reason to get rid of the original settings entirely?), but the end result is still a pretty awesome game. Tons of variety in here, both in the base mechanics (new blocks are introduced all the time) and the stage design (you'll see pretty distinctly new formations all the time). The frosting between the block levels is pretty interesting and very well-presented. I really didn't expect this to be as good as it is! I'll have to get some gold medals to unlock some of the Babel stages, I'll have to try 2p mode with the girlfriend (she's the one who bought the game), and I'll have to maybe pick away at Rapunzel and Hard modes (each difficulty has altered level layouts).

9. Yakuza 4 ;
me said:
The most important thing is that I had a way better time with the combat in this game than the prequels. It seems like there's more enemy variety than ever, and on the harder difficulties you actually dodge around enough and spend enough time thinking about spacing and timing to almost kinda feel like you're playing a DMC game with a lot of suits. The brutal heat attacks kinda steal the show. Faces get busted up wonderfully, and with great crunching noises. Reminds me of Def Jam FFNY, which is a good thing. The non-combat stuff does a good job, too. The city is lively and fun to explore, the sidequests are goofy and beefy, and the plot (which takes you through four significantly different characters) is just crazy enough.

10. Portal 2 ;
me said:
whoa now. Way better than the original.

Hope I didn't ruin the formatting too much! Some of these probably should be added to the list. I live in the US.

To give a fair shake to games, I excluded any ports/remakes of games I have already played.

01. To the Moon
02. Portal 2; played through the single player mode more than I can count, and have played the multi-player with several of my friends. Great story, great characters, great gameplay, great setting.
03. Batman: Arkham City; really, I just can't find very many things to complain about here. The writing and setting is fantastic, and the gameplay is just so compelling, especially swinging around as both Batman and Catwoman.
04. Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective; it's not quite Phoenix Wright-quality, but the visuals are fantastic and it has the same witty writing. It was a real treat to see them go off of the beaten path and try something new and interesting like the ghost mechanic. Also, Missile!
05. Bastion
06. Kirby Mass Attack; as good as 3D Land was, Mass Attack was a much more innovative and fantastic platform game. Whereas 3D Land felt like a pretty safe sequel, Kirby actually did away with two of its biggest features and actually made one of the best in the series as a result.
07. The Binding of Isaac
08. Stacking; absolutely one of the best PSN/XBLA game. The writing is fun, the character designs are outlandish, and there is just so much to experiment with in terms of swapping characters and trying out their abilities.
09. Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony
10. Pushmo
xx. Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition
xx. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
xx. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
xx. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
xx. The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
xx. Pokemon Black/White
xx. Radiant Historia
xx. Super Mario 3D Land

Gonna finish my write-ups later.

wutwutwut

1. Portal 2
2. The Binding of Isaac
3. Gemini Rue
4. Cave Story+ ; on Steam. Note that this is different from Cave Story 3D on 3DS.
5. Bastion
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Batman: Arkham City
8. Jamestown
9. Sequence
10. Serious Sam 3: BFE

Hard to order 5-10, but I'm 100% sure of the top four.

I'd also like to mention Team Fortress 2, which is a game that hasn't managed to bore me yet after 350 hours.

2010. BIT.TRIP RUNNER ; the original came out in 2010 but I played the Windows version released this year.

edit: I played Gemini Rue pretty late, but I think it totally deserves a spot on my list.

Hope I didn't ruin the formatting too much! Some of these probably should be added to the list.

Good post, but anything in quoteblocks is generally ignored by the parser. If you want any of your commentary to be eligible for use in the Results thread, then please remove them from the quote blocks. Thanks!

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception ; not as good as Uncharted 2, but then, nothing is... it's still a beautiful, lean action romp. Charlie Cutter alone almost makes up for the slightly more awkward pacing. It's also the first Uncharted I put time into online, and it's surprisingly awesome... the environmental traversal adds a damn fun dynamic to this type of game. I'm not a big online gamer so I'm not sticking with it, but this fantastic part of the package tends to get overlooked when people argue about this series' gameplay merits...

2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; one of the two games this year that I beat multiple times and platinumed. Almost everything in this game was executed well- the size and scope and amount of content were just right, the mechanics were solid, it was streamlined in a good way, the presentation was masterful... fuckin' A, Eidos Montreal. Now do the same for Thief and I will christen you my favorite dev studio in the world.

3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ; the game is unbalanced, it's glitchy, who gives a fuck, it's just so much fun to explore this world and interact with it, borderline intoxicating at times. Sometimes I'd fast travel to Winterhold and go for a walk in the woods because I just had to take in that winter wonderland mood.

4. InFamous 2 ; the other game I beat twice and platinumed. Mechanically, this continues to be the most enjoyable sandbox action series around. Fun as hell to move and fight, and they generally make the most of these phenomenal mechanics with generally well designed missions. I usually never have the endurance to 100% sandbox games.

5. Resistance 3 ; this series and its premise always had huge untapped potential, and finally Insomniac gets it right here (though it may be too late for this series going forward). Great blend of modern FPS design sensibilities and old-school mechanics. Also has some remarkable art direction, some of my favorite post-apocalyptic imagery yet. Destined to be a maligned gem.

6. Dark Souls ; a sometimes refreshing detour from the usual fare, but this "series" has its share of jank and design decisions that annoy me. In any other game, I probably would have stopped playing if I reached a section as annoying as Lost Izalith. But I kept playing because the art direction and atmosphere here is so remarkable. Easily good enough to make it one of my favorite experiences even though I've never been on the Souls gameplay bandwagon.

7. Batman: Arkham City ; Still not quite my ideal Batman game... combat and traversal can feel a bit automatic at times... but still, this thing oozes quality and care and content, it's one of the best uses of a licensed property ever, right up there with Goldeneye and Riddick.

8. Super Mario 3D Land ; it's exactly what I expect from a mainline Mario platformer, airtight production, brilliantly designed, a nice cozy familiar feeling, but totally unique in subtle ways. A true killer ap for the 3DS (it really needed one).

9. Killzone 3 ; apparently the online was a mess, but the campaign was fun and I'm still totally in love this series's audio and visual aesthetics. But I'm also ready for Guerrilla to move on and put their masterful artists to work on another gaming universe.

10. Yakuza 4 ; it's more of the same, it's showing its age, its rather janky, but it's still got a ton of charm and heart. Characters I care for in a world I like revisiting, and the assbeating mechanics never get old.

Honorable mentions-

Bulletstorm- this is the last game I played this year, snapped it up used expecting little... I feel bad for not buying it when I could made a bigger difference. Pure stupid FPS fun

Goldeneye- Reloaded- I didn't play this yet, but if it's just the Wii version in HD, then it's really awesome. Right up there with Resistance 3 as my favorite FPS campaign of the year

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
1. Dark Souls ; Sequel to the game that saved gaming this generation. Call it elitist or "hardcore", but this game must be a part of any real gamer's resume.
2. Radiant Historia ; Competent story AND main character in a JRPG? Nonsensical, but this game has both. And a very creative battle system that's FUN.
3. Batman: Arkham City ; Having gone back to play the first one before playing this, I realized that there is no combat system I'd want in any game than this one.
4. Battlefield 3 ; My first Battlefield game. The many hours spent in co-op alone were pure fun (even the sniping trophy) and the mp is strategic without being frustrating.
5. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception ; Look up the word polish and you find this game as the definition.
6. Outland ; Only jumped on this game a few weeks ago and was blown away. Such a classic feeling. Beautiful and brutal while easy to pick up and play.
7. Street Fighter 3: Online Edition ; First time playing 3rd as a 4 player. Man, no surprise this game stayed in the tournament scene so long. True skill required.
8. Ghost Trick ; Handheld gaming is apparently dead! This game is all about being dead and fun!

1. Ghost Trick ; The DS bows out in style with a quirky puzzle adventure game revolving around the interesting and odd premise of being dead. Ghost Trick is one of those games that reminds me of why I love video games in the first place. It has stunning animation, snappy writing, enjoyable characters and it has that addictive factor that makes you want to just keep going. To think that this game was my first purchase of the year right back in January and despite the incredible quality of games that would follow it I still feel that it holds my number 1 position.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles ; Ah that wonderful moment when you purchase a game not expecting too much only to have your socks well and truly blown off, that’s Xenoblade for me. I really feel this game gets damn near everything right regarding the rpg formula, a fantastic soundtrack, a huge world that rewards exploration, real time battle system full of some great mechanics and an enjoyable plot. The first game in years to truly absorb me into playing for hours at a time with sidequests everywhere and the main game being very lengthy, If it weren’t for the last few hours stretching things out a bit too much and the fact I suddenly had to grind a few levels as well (one of my gaming gripes right there) it would probably have stolen the number one slot. And on a final note the British dub is awesome.

3. Super Mario 3D Land ; Following Galaxy 2 is a tall order but they call him Super Mario for a reason. 3D land aims to bring the style of both 2D and 3D Mario games together in a wonderful marriage of platforming that can appeal to the new and the old and in this case it passes with flying colours. The 3D feature is one of the best on the system allowing for both a pop out approach or a depth approach, the stages are tightly designed that even the easier ones are a joy to play and the game hides plenty of extra content to boost up the difficulty levels for those that seek it. Despite initial fears that the game would control awkwardly it controls very well, this game is just what the 3DS needed.

4. Dark Souls ; I remember how when I first started playing this game I was questioning my purchase, the game was kicking my ass, I’d been going the wrong way and I felt like I sucked. Fortunately I managed to man up and rise to the challenge and in doing so I was greatly rewarded. The most magnificent thing about Dark Souls is the world it creates and the joy and terror that come with exploring it, the world is connected seamlessly in a “metroidvania” style with not even a loading screen or transitional corridor, each trek through the world is fought with peril and a potential demise at every turn but the rewards in both finding souls and items and the personal gratification it brings makes this game truly stand out. It’s such a shame that some of the final few areas of the game lack polish, feel bolted onto the edge of the otherwise brilliant world design and resorts more to cheap tricks than the difficulty seen beforehand. That aside it’s a captivating journey that had me on the edge of my seat, I wont soon be forgetting my journey as I ventured down the hidden remains of a giant tree in pursuit of unknown treasures only to be scared out of my skin by the sight of those freaking curse frogs and I loved it.

5. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword ; Cutting to the chase here, despite a few questionable padding sections and an overly intrusive assistant character this game is great. Motion controls for the most part bring an enjoyable twist to the standard Zelda gameplay, dungeon design is as solid as ever and the look of the game itself is probably my favourite this year. While the game didn’t quite hit the lofty heights I had hoped for I can see that this is a very solid entry into the Zelda series.

6. Sonic Generations ; Fun but flawed is a great way to describe this and fortunately the fun manages to obscure most of the flaws. Both types of sonic gameplay bring their own style to the table, both of which I greatly enjoy. Despite the stages being pulled from numerous older entries in the series they still manage to feel new and fresh, with this and colours it seems as if sonic is on the road to recovery, just a little bit more fine tuning is needed as this game shows signs of being rushed for release.

7. Pokemon Black/White ; Quite possibly the most enjoyable Pokemon game I’ve experienced since the originals, the already existing 400 plus pokemon are cast aside for the main campaign leaving nothing but the new critters to occupy the land of Unova, as such it feels that much fresher than previous generations. The pokemon sprites actually have animation now as well, such a small change that brings much more life to the battles, the pace itself is greatly improved from the slowpoke level game speed from the 4th generation. The solid core mechanics of pokemon games are continually built on with more improvements across each generation of games and this entry expands them even further and is packed full of content, I don’t think that there is any other game in the series that does things better than Black and White, well until the inevitable Grey version shows up at least.

8. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 ; The multiplayer game of the year for me, ordinarily I wouldn’t let a company get away with having me buy what is essentially the same game twice in one year but when it’s this fun I begrudgingly make an exception, well that and the addition of Phoenix Wright. Fast flowing action that never lets up with a wide variety of characters that all have their own playstyle to help them stand out among the roster. It’s funny because looking at high level play is like seeing a completely different game to the one I play in multiplayer but then again that’s one of the things that I love about it.

9. Mario Kart 7 ; Yep, it’s Mario Kart all right, still following on from the great formula the DS game laid down comes the latest installment that is quite possibly the best yet, the new tracks include some brilliant designs and the retro selection is the most well rounded yet. Gameplay is more balanced than the wii version to the point where first place has become a pretty safe spot away from the chaos filled middle of the pack positions. The online communities feature is a very welcome addition despite the rather questionable setup that makes having a quick game an unlikely event which is a shame but it’s certainly a step in the right direction. Of course no addition is more important than the fact that Shyguy is finally playable which is a reason to rejoice.

10. Rayman Origins ; I never quite managed to “click” with this games brand of platforming but I know a good game when I play one and that’s what Rayman most certainly is. The art style is ludicrously cartoony in the best way possible with some flat out barmy world themes that complement the art perfectly, on top of that you have the quirky soundtrack which equals a very surreal experience. While I thought the single player was fun I was not prepared for the hilarity of multiplayer, this game with 4 people is an absolute blast, all of a sudden the lum collecting that I found somewhat bothersome in single player became a brilliant battle of bragging rights.

x. Batman Arkham City; While I didn’t enjoy it as much as Arkham Asylum I can’t say that Arkham City did anything wrong, combat is still great fun and the addition of Catwoman was enjoyable as well. I guess the more sandbox styled layout lessened my enjoyment, regardless the game is great stuff.

x. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D ; The best version of what I consider to be the best game ever, I feel that I have to leave it off the main list on the grounds that it is a remake as opposed to being an all new game.

Tain

Good post, but anything in quoteblocks is generally ignored by the parser. If you want any of your commentary to be eligible for use in the Results thread, then please remove them from the quote blocks. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads-up. Are line breaks fine in the descriptions? I'd rather leave it as-is if not. To be honest, I'm not expecting many of these games to rank high enough to have comments in the results thread either way, lol.

Riposte

I'm not submitting until the very last day lol... I have two strategy games to dig into before I make my final decision. Even then, feels like I missed a lot(entire genres even), but eh, no one person can get them all.

Tain, when you say you beat SS3 on Hard, you mean the difficulty called "Hard" right? Sounds like a dumb question, but the difficulty names for that game kind of dumb. (I'm hoping to emulate your ruleset, since I got it on your recommendation. Thanks btw.)

SykoTech

1. Batman Arkham City; tied with Zelda but I keep thinking how Zelda could have been better.
2. Zelda Skyward Sword; I think its the weakest 3D Zelda but still an excellent game
3. LBP2
4. Dark Souls
5. Skyrim
6. Portal 2
7. Deus Ex HR
8. Mortal Kombat
9. Uncharted 3
10. Outland

X. Mass Effect 2; an absolute masterpiece and would be my GOTY of 2010.

I would change "LBP2" to "LittleBigPlanet 2". I do not think abbreviations like that are allowed.

Brashnir

1. Rayman:Origins
2. Portal 2
3. Saint's Row the Third
4. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
5. Batman: Arkham City
6. The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim
7. Dawn of War II:Retribution
8. Gears of War 3
9. Super Mario 3D Land
10. You Don't Know Jack

DR2K

Banned
1. MVC3, no not Ultimate. It's the game I played the most, great game, unfortunate that it was abused so badly.
2. Dead or Alive Dimensions
3. Batman Arkham City
4. Mario Kart 7
5. Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
6. Mario Land 3D
7. Mortal Kombat
8. Uncharted 3
9. Cathrine
10. Sonic Generations

ezekial45

Banned
1. Portal 2
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
4. Dead Island
5. Dark Souls
7. Mortal Kombat
8. Infamous 2
9. Dead Space 2
10. Uncharted 3

vic2020

Neo Member
1. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
2. Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
3. Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

2010. Persona 3 Portable

Parley

Banned
1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings; loved it, combat was difficult but rewarding
2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; i didn't like oblivion, but the freedom is amazing
3. Batman: Arkham City
4. Dark Souls
5. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
6. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
7. Dead Space 2
8. Dragon Age 2
9. Gears of War 3
10. Portal 2
x. Bastion; amazing soundtrack with some great game play
x. Xenoblade; if you would have asked me what I thought of it in the first 10 hours I would have thought it was my GOTY. Then by hour 60 I was struggling to move forward.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. Pokemon Black & White
4. Super Mario 3D Land
5. Mario Kart 7
6. Dead Space 2
7. Orcs Must Die
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
9. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
10. The Binding of Issac

1. Radiant Historia
2. Xenoblade Chronicles
3. The Witcher 2
4. Portal 2
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
6. Super Mario 3d Land
7. Pushmo
8. Ocarina of Time 3D
9. Pokemon Black/White

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
1. Super Mario 3D Land ; I played it pre-release and it disappointed me. I don't know why because it is more fun to simply play than even the Galaxy games and cuts out all the pointless filler screens. Quite simply, it was/is the most fun game to play from this year and so it sits at numero uno.
2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings ; The original is maybe by favourite RPG (Pokemon/Baldur's Gate 2 are its contenders) and I won't lie - the game disappointed me a smidgeon. Perhaps because the first was such a wonderful surprise. Nevertheless the game is fantastic - to look at, to play and most importantly, the world it creates is one that I felt immersed in. If you look at my other favourites on this list, you may infer that I am more gameplay focused so this is a significant achievement for me. The soundtrack was great, but a step down from
3. Pokemon Black ; SoulSilver left me a tad disappointed and this made up for that in every way. Technically adept for the first time since the GBA, Unova had a great selection of Pokemon and locations, the best questline in the series and the best soundtrack this year. At the very least, the most underrated!
4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution ; Having experienced the pain of Invisible War I was not at all interested in this pre-release. Not one bit. Somehow I was roped in. Thankfully! It was not hugely original, but was the closest game to Deus Ex and was fairly interesting in soem narrative elements and choices that you can make. I enjoyed exploring every nook and cranny for codes etc. That gave me a great nostalgia rush. Better than the sum of its parts, for sure.
5. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword ; Visually and aurally gorgeous, it really hooked me in. I had no problem with any of the main questline. In fact the pre-dungeon sections were brilliant and reminded me of the 2d games somewhat (in that they constituted dungeons in of themselves.). Great to play, but Fi was awful.
6. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Retribution ; Basically been forgotten but it added a lot of great new features to my favourite RTS. Barring a total PC failure would have been my most played game this year.
7. Mario Kart 7 ; Best kart racer since Blur(haha) which was the best kart racer since CTR. The Wii version was atrocious so this could only get better. The Online set up is great, the tracks are neat and the balance is just right. This will be one of my most played games for the next 12 months, I'd say.
8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D ; Finally could play a version that didn't make me feel ill from the framerate. It turned me onto 3D Zeldas in an unexpected way. It is odd - in many ways the sequels blow it to bits in almost every way, yet the game is still so damn compelling to play through, in spite of its sub-par dungeons and combat and everything really. I think it may be the pacing, maybe.... Irrespective, it looks great on the 3DS and was highly enjoyable.
9. Xenoblade Chronicles ; I haven't had enough time to give it the time it deserves (still put in many, many hours!) but this is here out of admiration. A great technical achievement, it takes the innovative FFXII and takes another great leap forward. A must play for RPG fans.
10. Dark Souls ; Despite its unacceptable technical problems, this is one of the best, most ambitiously designed games from this year. A masterclass in unconventional game design.

I really, really wish I could have played Rayman Origins. Hopefully the 3DS version does appear!

2010. Picross 3D ; Decided to go for an unconventional one. This could, maybe should be either Dragon Quest, Galaxy 2 or Monster Hunter Tri but I went for this. It is the best puzzle game since Tetris. Interested?

Amazingly, I only just had ten games that fit on the list. Been playing lots of older games this year.

I live in the US.

1. Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Extreme Versus (JP)
2. Deus Ex Human Revolution
3. Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
4. Ryu ga Gotoku OF THE END (JP)
5. Catherine
7. Portal 2
8. Dark Souls
9. Uncharted 3
10. White Knight Chronciles II

1. Mortal Kombat
2. Street Fighter III: Third Strike: Online Edition
3. Portal 2
4. Saint's Row the Third
5. Minecraft, although I've played less of it this year than last year

x. The King of Fighters XIII, let's see how the netcode patch turns out

2007. Team Fortress 2, which I started playing this year after it went free to play. It's my most enjoyed game of the year, and possibly the only one I'll need going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom