• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF has got a fever..... (What are some classic SNL skits?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

and the only cure is more cowbell!

cowbell.jpg

Aw man, I just re-watched this skit like 3 times in a row. Truly one the classics!

In your opinion, what are some other 'classic' skits? I'm on an SNL binge tonight :p

My favorites were the Celebrity Jeopardy skits with Sean Connery. Those were hillarious.

Nothing will ever top Sean Connery writing "I Love (with a heart) Boobs" in Final Jeopardy. "The day is mine, Trabeck!"

The "Van Down by the River!!!" skit was awesome as well. :)

jenov4

Canteen Boy with Alec Baldwin trying to put the moves on Adam Sandler. Priceless.

Chris Farley 'Man Living in a Van Down by the River' motivational speaker. This character was classic!

xsarien

daedsiluap
shoplifter said:
Landshark
Mel's Char Palace
Bass-o-Matic '76
Swill
CheeseburgerCheeseburgerCheeseburger

Thank you, old-school SNL doesn't get nearly enough love around here. Also, the car ad with the Rabbi circumcising the baby in the back seat.

Some more recent sketches that I like are, of course, Celebrity Jeopardy, Old Glory Robot Insurance, Cowbell, that one where Walken's the playboy who can't pronounce "Champagne," Crystal Gravy, Happy Fun Ball, and that SNL-exclusive BMW ad where in place of a landshark, there's a BMW creeping up the driveway and ultimately up to the front door.

shoplifter

also:

Ed Grimley on Wheel of Fortune
Buckwheat sings
Buckwheat assasinated
Dana Carvey in the elevator with Sting
Shatner at the Trek Convention
Patrick Stewart (the whole episode was pretty good)

Mason

My favorite SNL skit is Jingleheimer Junction. I still laugh so hard I cry every time I watch that.

Tippy the Turtle
That Black Girl
Jackie Rogers Jr.'s $100,000 Jackpot wad
Make Joan Baez Laugh
Jewess Jeans
Hey You Perfume

And somewhat more recently I loved:
Molly Shannon as a clown entertaining/humping Alec Baldwin who's playing a 9 yr old girl
Molly Shannon as Jeanie Darcy, the horrible 80s inspired comedienne

LakeEarth

Gotta love Wake Up and Smile skit!!! That one kills me all the time.

Oh, and the Jim Carrey one where he was the Lifeguard on duty for a jacuzzi thing at a spa.

nitewulf

operaman.
that annoying clerk role that rob schneider used to do "stingalinga-ding-dong...making copies....steeevooooo...making some copies..."
im personally a fan of the early to mid-90s SNL, but those celebrity jeopardies are some of the funniest stuff from the latter half of the decade...even though the rest of the show started sucking way before that.

Can't believe no one's mentioned Church Chat, or King Tut

Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood
Farley's Chippendales with Patrick Swayze
Belushi's Samurai
Sprockets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom