• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Complex Shadow said:
I would assume so. After hearing leaked songs the album wouldve felt half new. To me anyways.

I usually judge an album by how good the content is... sometimes hearing the singles that come out like a year before an drops can make an album feel stale.. (Busta) but singles are being dropped always for albums..

CRS

Blackace said:
the leaks made the album worse?
In this case yes because the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks felt like a much better album than MBDTF.

This is a case where the hype grew way too big for the album.

Blackace

I have to admit something to GAF-hop..

Last few days I have been a huge Three 6 Mafia/Project Pat binge...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Blackace said:
I usually judge an album by how good the content is... sometimes hearing the singles that come out like a year before an drops can make an album feel stale.. (Busta) but singles are being dropped always for albums..
Yes it's true that songs released before albums can go stale and shouldn't effect your overall jugement of an album. But I am not saying it did though. I am just saying that hearing all the songs fresh all at once couldve been a contributing factor to the overall review.

The point is I liked mdtf. Infact I still listen to it when i feel the urge to listen to some ye. You may not like it and I respect that. Your not me I don't expect you to like it. Although it's not his best album, it's still a good album nonetheless.

Blackace

ChldRebelSoldr said:
I don't think i've ever listened to an entire Three 6 Mafia album. One of these days.

Actually all you need is like a best of there stuff... and a car.. and drive until it finishes..

They aren't a listen to a complete type of click... but they bang

exarkun

Blackace said:
I have to admit something to GAF-hop..

Last few days I have been a huge Three 6 Mafia/Project Pat binge...

I always thought Project Pat was like a dumber Bun.

But no shame in listening to three 6. What albums though? Mista Don't Play?

overcast

Rank Kanye's albums
-College Dropout>Late Registration>MBDTF>Graduation>808's

Pick a coast to rep
-I'm from the West, but I like east style more. I'll go West regardless.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
-Biggie. Easily, nothing 2Pac has compares to Ready To Die.

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
-Khalifa is softer than Neville Chamberlain.

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
-As plenty of others say, Nas won the battle. Jay-Z won the war. Illmatic beats Jay-Z's whole catalog.

Flocka or Royce?
-Flocka is one of the worst.

What you think of J. Cole?
-Pretty damn good. Probably the best upcoming rapper (along with Krit).

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
-Gza. For me that's pretty easy. Also, I'll go with Rae>Ghost. Barely though.

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
-Yes.. to both.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
-9 for his first 2 albums. 6 for Lasers. He is a HUGE dumbass. Needs to shut up.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
-He's pretty damn funny, I don't listen to his music.

Pick an era of Eminem
-MMLP Eminem was the best. SSLP was up there.

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
-Lol, no.

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
-Pretty much. Waiting to be proven otherwise.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
-Going to go with the 2nd. Though he can be alright.

Ok let's see

1. Rank Kanye's albums LR>CD>Graduation=808>MBDTF
2. Pick a coast to rep East
3. Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion Pac although I don't bump either that much
4. Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft Wiz is softer than the melted whipped cream that J. Cole jerked off with
5. Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef. Nas, I don't like Jay
6. Flocka or Royce? Flo...Royce
7. What you think of J. Cole? He's got talent and I've enjoyed seeing his ascension but then he went and dropped a stinker of an album. Talks about coming up way to fucking much. FNL >>> Cole World
8. Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) Ghost, Ghost
9. Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?) Pac can rap and his personality and state of mind coming through on his songs is what makes him one of the goats
10. Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views) One of the brightest minds to ever do this shit. Shame about lasers
11. Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? A
comedic
genius
12. Pick an era of Eminem MMLP and prior
13. How does Drake write such deep lyrics? While sitting on a cloud overhanging a valley of roses
14. Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Yes, dude is just grinding to pay his bills now
15. Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? He killed a fetus?

Blackace

exarkun said:
I always thought Project Pat was like a dumber Bun.

But no shame in listening to three 6. What albums though? Mista Don't Play?

just bumping their hits.. like Chicken Headz, pop your collar, Good Googly Moogly and so on..

Edit: one thing I like about Project is he is more grimy.. he isn't talking about kingpin stuff he is talking about borrowing money from fat girls..

Blackace

toasty_T said:
Project Pat has been a been guilty pleasure of mine for years.

His Dr Suess rhymes are mindblowing

lol good way to put it

IrishNinja

1. Rank Kanye's albums - i told myself id go back & try 808s first again. for now, ill still put Dropout safely at the top (nod to tokus on Spaceship), closely followed by LR. 808s might keep MBDTF at the bottom, not sure yet.
  2. Pick a coast to rep - and it's still East Side 'till i die - why ask why?
  3. Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion - B.I.G. all day but i'm really appreciating Pac more lately, kinda impressive to see such a diverse catalog in such a short life. everybody switches up album covers & styles, not many do i actually see them grow across their work.
  4. Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft - never gonna top softer than Tiger Woods in a room of black women.
  5. Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef. - anyone who says Nas didn't win needs to hear Stillmatic (h to the omo) freestyle, then ether again. super ugly didnt come close.
    anyway, one dude's struggling to live comfortably thanks to Kelis, the other is fine until the afterlife.
  6. Flocka or Royce? - i really don't have feelings about either one. even when dude's not on about his dick, Royce goes on for bars and bars on some slaughterhouse shit and its not bad but i don't feel it.
  7. What you think of J. Cole? - production is nice, album wasn't bad - i dont think he's a robot, but he would stand to swaggerjack some charisma.
  8. Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) - i love me some RZA, but it's prolly Mef right now. i have so many b-sides & mixtapes and i dont recall hearing shit with dude i didn't like, he's fun even when shit's lazy.
    also, Ghost > all others on discographies, and that's damn sure including Rae.
  9. Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?) - how is this even a question? i almost get when ya'll are on about Technique's style, but Pac's? if the man couldn't rap, it'd be even weirder to see dudes still try to sound like him decades later.
    and yeah, biggie could flow all day. here we go, here we go - but i'm not domino; i got the funk flow to make ya draws drop slow
  10. Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views) - 7. 6.9 if you take away "all black everything"
  11. Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? - a question for a future generation; i fear the proper metrics haven't yet been created
  12. Pick an era of Eminem - Slim Shady LP, if someone can edit out the dated shots on pop stars that'd really seal the deal
  13. How does Drake write such deep lyrics? - Owl music in castles. i hope no one heard that
  14. Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? - man, we've been doing this since before nas dropped the Nasty
  15. Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? - he can be both. like him when he's talking about industry shit, not so much when he's "CMON SON"ing the screen cause he doesn't rank top 10.

Rank Kanye's albums
LR > CD > MBDTF >>> Graduation = 808s (I think all of them are good though)

Pick a coast to rep
I'm Midwest, but I probably listen to East Coast more than anything.

I think Big is a better rapper, but I listen to Pac more, if that makes any sense.

Can't hate on Wiz after playing those 5 tracks he did with Currensy and Big Sean some 50+ times each.

I was all Nas at the time, but over the years I've come to believe that Blueprint 2 (the song) had the most effective bars in the beef, even if they came out a year late.

Flocka or Royce?
Royce

I first heard of him through GAF fawning over his Warm Up mixtape. Couldn't understand the hype at all. Felt the same about Saturday Night Lights. For whatever reason, his album clicked with me. I wish he did more stuff like Rise And Shine and Fitted Cap (on the MMG album) though.

Ghost

Pac to me, is the most convincing sounding rapper I've ever heard. His way of speaking just makes him so believable, which is why I think so many people liked him. Biggie was technically a better rapper though.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
Pre-Lasers, 9/10. Since, a 7, maybe even 6. Lasers wasn't terrible music, but that's not what I want from Lupe. More Super Lupe Fiasco please. I try not to listen to the things he says outside of music.

At first I laughed, then I cried. I'm not even mad at him though, but I hate the memes he's created. I didn't ask for people like Jaha in my life.

Pick an era of Eminem.
MMLP or TES, can't decide. I'm a mega-stan though.

I can't be witty at 3AM, but Drake is not deep.

Sadly, yes. He has sounded hungry lately, but I can never trust his beat selection.

All of the above.

Satyamdas

Banned
You want some good Three Six?

878fQ.jpg

Three Six - Like a Pimp (Remix Ft. Pimp C & Project Pat) <<Pimp C slaughters this shit
Three Six - Let's Start a Riot
Three Six - Fuck That Shit

Man I love this album. Couple of shitty tracks in the middle, but the posse cut at the end is sick, and the ig'nant shit is cranked to 11. Honorable mention to Bin Laden, that track is my shit too. Matter of fact I'm bout to throw this shit on the ipod for my drive to work tomorrow.

Satyamdas

Banned
Because I wasn't about to list all the jams on that bitch. I just picked three that go hard. Rainbow Colors is indeed the shit, though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
didn't do this shit the first time...

Rank Kanye's albums
CD=808's> Graduation=MBDTF > LR

Pick a coast to rep
West..........................

Biggie.

In the year 2012, President Obama will push a mandate through that will force all pictures in the dictionary describing anything soft in texture or material to only feature a picture of Khalifa.

Jay-Z, fuck a ether.

Flocka or Royce?
FLOCKA FLOCKA FLOCKA
tumblr_lsil8334p41qhs3voo1_500.gif

Who?

Ghostface...no other.

Pac can say shit that sounds...nice....but Biggie makes you want to do all the shit in his music.

Fuck Lupe Fiasco, fuck Lasers and fuck anything he's ever said.

Idiot savant

Pick an era of Eminem
Before he existed.

He has his mom content check em.

yes.

who?

GamerSoul

1.Rank Kanye's albums
CD>LR>808>Graduation>MBDTF

2.Pick a coast to rep
East

3.Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Biggie- "Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis.."

4.Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
Wiz so soft, the Pillsbury Doughboy pokes HIS belly.

5.Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Jay Z

6.Flocka or Royce?
Flocka, but I like Royce too.

7.What you think of J. Cole?
He's alrite, not a big fan but I like some of his tracks. And i'm glad though he got a chance to prove himself.

8.Who is the best Wu-Tang member?
I like Rae, but i dnt know.

9.Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
Biggie got that FLOW. 2pac could laydown some deep lyrics though.

10.Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
8, One of my favorite rappers so I know what he's capable of. Lasers was eh, I hardly go back to it, mostly because of the horrible beat selection.

11.Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
A little of both, but I really really question where his head is at sometimes.

12.Pick an era of Eminem
I don't care, he's always been alright to me.

13.How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
He's Drake. Last name: ever. First name: greatest. He also sings at Dusk outside his wondow and his owl friends help him out.

14.Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
I don't know about ear for production but he can still rap. loved his verse on the Outro of Carter IV.

15.Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
Haven't listened to him enough to know.

RJT

Alright, let's do this:

Rank Kanye's albums
CD > LR=MBDTF > Graduation. I haven't checked the full 808s, but from what I heard it sits comfortably at the bottom.

Pick a coast to rep
East, no doubt.

Biggie was the better MC, Pac was the better artist. If I have to pick a side, I'd go with 2Pac because he was important in making me love hip-hop. But "Ready to Die" is the best album without a doubt.

Wiz is softer than the School of Fashion Technology.

Jay-Z signed Nas to Def Jam. That pretty much sums it all.

Flocka or Royce?
Royce.

I can't outfart him...

I always loved Deck. C.R.E.A.M., Triumph, Above the cloud... Classic verses. GZA is probably the best, though.

2pac can rap, but he's no Biggie (DAT FLOW!)

8+. I haven't listened to Lasers other than "All Black Everything", so to me dumbass is still amazing.

Mentally Challenged.

Pick an era of Eminem
Slim Shady

Unlike Nas, it's because he fell.

Yes.

Introspective and Annoying.

coldvein

Banned
Rank Kanye's albums > dark fantasy. dropout. graduation. 808s. whatever else.
Pick a coast to rep > inland west.
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion > no
Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft > who?
Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef. > both look like fools to me.
Flocka or Royce? > who?
What you think of J. Cole? > again, who?
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) chef.
Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?) > both are correct.
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views) +5 resistance.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? > leaning towards mentally challenged.
Pick an era of Eminem > SSLP.
How does Drake write such deep lyrics? > uhhhh...
Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? > probably
Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? > neither
Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.

Blackace

RJT said:
YES!!! East Coast is the best coast.

BTW, loved your latest mix. I'm an East Coast guy, but Pac has a special place in my heart.

Best coast doesn't equal east coast... But this next mix is going to burn stuff down.. West coast ear, mainstream DJ's new east coast mix

RJT

Blackace said:
Best coast doesn't equal east coast... But this next mix is going to burn stuff down.. West coast ear, mainstream DJ's new east coast mix
East Coast is the Beast Coast, then.

Blackace

coldvein said:
am i the only one that finds coast vs. coast rivalry ridiculously stupid at this point?

Nobody is really beefing their coast at all... But nothing wrong with reppin your coast.

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
Yeah I like it too. Going to try to not get this whole thread going Kanye though. Too early.

last several years, there have only been a handful of albums that blew me away. as far as production and overall sound. things that struck me as "new".

a. POS - never better.
2. kanye - MBDTF.
c. el - p - i'll sleep when you're dead.
3. clipse -hell hath no fury.
d. cecil otter - rebel yellow.

to me, that's what's incredible. 99% of everything else sounds the same. those are groundbreakers to me. just my opinion.

and a major that i forgot -
SHABAZZ PALACES - BLACK UP.

Blackace

Detox said:
Fuck just clicked it in a lecture and it started blasting out this better be worth it

Well it has Frank Sinatra... So yeah

RJT

Blackace said:
Nobody is really beefing their coast at all... But nothing wrong with reppin your coast.
Exactly. I ain't even American, in Europe I'm reppin the West Coast (we don't even have an East Coast...)

coldvein

Banned
enzo_gt said:
coldvein redeemed.

you have no idea how much shit i take in real life for taking this stance. all my boys are technically skilled, politically motivated backpackers. they get crowds movin. but i always gotta remind them that kanye put out a better album than they ever will in their lives. it's a division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom