• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
no

I figured most of hiphopgaf was employed, Can't wait to start my job in Vietnam this fall. Ill be stacking dong...lol

kamspy

Little kids singing drug dealing just to get byyyyy by far. But Kanye knows the importance of a first track.

Oh, Schoolboy Q nailed the "first track smell" with Sacrilegious.

T Dollarz

From the past few years, I think these have the potential to be classics: MotM1, MBDTF, KRIT Wuz Here, Return of 4eva, Section.80, Oneirology.

overcast

Wale- and here we go!
Oh shit.
i have no job right now. really wish i did though.

nope.
I looked for about a month before finding it. You have to rank them.. can't not do it man.
Son of Chico Dusty was the only album that came to mind as competition for me. I give Section 80 the slight nod. Left Foot is easy #2 since I've been posting here.
That's up there in the past few years for sure.

kamspy

I like Cudi a lot but can't really rate his stuff against more traditional rap stuff. That's not a backhanded knock either, I thought both albums could use more Cudi rapping.

I still haven't gave MOTM1 a real full listen. I just go to the singles when I play it. Might need to hear that one out. I really like Cudi as a rapper though. But I'm a personality >>> lyrical miracle guy when it comes to rappers. Wildin' Cuz I'm Young is my joint.

siddx

Sir Luscious left foot, When life gives you lemons, return of 4eva, Felt3, together/apart, Motm1, Death is Silent, Trunk Muzik 0-60
Only albums I can think of that are in contention for my list of classics..probably forgetting some. Most probably won't make the list in the end though, and just end up as near classics in my mind.

TheOddOne

yea the part where the one guy complains about the cycle.
Rename this thread to Kanye fishdicks lovefest |OT| then.

In other news,

Relistening to this gem:

fishscale.jpg

So good.

The storytelling on Shakey Dog is just on some other, other, other, other shit!
I'm sad he didn't continue the "to be continued..." though :(
The storytelling is sooo vivid. Ridiculous!

When I first heard that "to be continued" at the end of his verse I was like =O.

I was also letdown how ghost didn't wrap it up with another track.

CRS

I figured most of hiphopgaf was employed, Can't wait to start my job in Vietnam this fall. Ill be stacking dong...lol

I will most likely be unemployed when I transfer to a four-year so trying to work as much as possible right now and save, save, save.

CRS

My major is computer engineering and it would be nice to get something in the field after I graduate but my main goal is to open a restaurant.

Right now I'm a cook at a Greek Restaurant but I also work in the front of the house as an expediter.

PBY

Banned
My major is computer engineering and it would be nice to get something in the field after I graduate but my main goal is to open a restaurant.

Right now I'm a cook at a Greek Restaurant but I also work in the front of the house as an expediter.

Damn, computer engineering? I'm not smart enough for that shit haha. Good luck man, Im sure youll go far.

siddx

Listening to Oneirology now. It's definitely a classic to me.

After death is silent grew on me and ended up being one of my favorite albums in a long time, I really wanted to like oneirology, but the production just wasn't there. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it was just too messy, overproduced in some places. And it lacked that cohesive feel that death is silent had. Still enjoyed parts of it but it really didn't last long on my playlist.

Cudder

After death is silent grew on me and ended up being one of my favorite albums in a long time, I really wanted to like oneirology, but the production just wasn't there. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it was just too messy, overproduced in some places. And it lacked that cohesive feel that death is silent had. Still enjoyed parts of it but it really didn't last long on my playlist.

I'll agree with this. Even though I loved Oneirology, i do believe DiS is better produced, and just overall period. I actually fall asleep to DiS on the regular. It's kind of hypnotic when you're in that "almost-sleeping" comotose phase.

CRS

Hahaha Oreology. The darker themes in Death is Silent makes it a more limited album for me but is still amazing.

I think ?uestlove described Undun as the darker cousin of How I Got Over and that fits perfectly with Death is Silent and Oneirology.

siddx

I'm the Talcum Malcolm, the Emo Primo Got no need for beef, got a Vegan ego.

this line always irked me

Why?

Plus "lets just say she has a populous esophagus" still makes me laugh to this day

Kyzer

Banned
hey guys. havent been able to participate in this thread or much of GAF in the past few months as much as id like to cuz ive been dealing with life issues and stuff but i figured youd appreciate some of the new stuff im working on...i feel like im finally finding my swag. in big part thanks to you guys' support and feedback (<3 sagal)

http://soundcloud.com/kyzer-ricoy/nerdcore-leak-nerdcore-prod-p

http://soundcloud.com/kyzer-ricoy/pulp-friction-nerdcore-prod

http://soundcloud.com/kyzer-ricoy/paradigm-shift-harbinger

http://soundcloud.com/kyzer-ricoy/love-hurts-nerdcore-prod

http://soundcloud.com/kyzer-ricoy/ice-king-flow

http://soundcloud.com/kyzer-ricoy/fck-your-head-up

CRS

Luv(sic) Pt.1 & 3
Mystline
Aruarian Dance
Reflection Eternal

My favorite beats come from Fat Jon though. Listen to "How You Feel" and "No Way Back". Two of my all-time favorite beats.

Force of Nature has a few gems too. Don't count them out.

siddx

Rank the blowjobs Kanye gave Jay from 2004-2012. Take your time there are a lot to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom