• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Cole's lyrics are becoming stale now. It is literally the same thing almost every track. We can make a checklist: 1. Reference a girls body part 2. Mention his degree. 3. His hustle to become something 4. Life has been hard.

I think that track has all of that.

Acid08

Banned
Cole's lyrics are becoming stale now. It is literally the same thing almost every track. We can make a checklist: 1. Reference a girls body part 2. Mention his degree. 3. His hustle to become something 4. Life has been hard.

Never got this, you can break down any rappers subject matter to like 4 fucking things.

The M.O.B

You can make a checklist like that for every artist.

Recon

Banned
Never got this, you can break down any rappers subject matter to like 4 fucking things.

You can make a checklist like that for every artist.

I guess I should re-phrase what I meant. He is using the same exact lyrics over and over again. I am not talking about the same subject matter. I feel like I have heard these lyrics used 5x before and he just spit them over another beat.

An example would be his line about police fucking with him, but he has a degree. That has been used before. By him. Recycling phrases is what I have a problem with.

Cole sounds salty about the MTV list, and the Grammys. And the almost swag rap flow plus the shit talking sounds pretty interesting coming from him.

My only hope is that Cole decides to get some actually decent production for his next album

This is kind of what made me not like SS so much...I expected a bit...more and it was the same as always. Just going through the paces of the same few subject matters

Tokubetsu

"Half white but don't think I got a klu klux past"

What?

ifcn6Qr5hBxMw.gif

That J Cole song is boring.

Yela and Cole are in for wack releases post-studio album.

I hope KRIT doesn't fall under this shit when he finally releases Live from the Underground.

PBY

Banned
I'm liking the new Cole. Its kinda strange considering how he used to rap, but I feel that Cole's stuff now is best taken in without dissecting specific lines, but just taking in general themes.

Recon

Banned
Sideline Story

For fucks sake, how is that a logical abbreviation? Lmao. Cole World was good. But it was not great. Again, I think Cole is just boring me now.

Also, good shit on that Ye mix Ace. About midway through and I am really liking it. The transition from Swagga Like Us to This Way made me smile.

overcast

That J Cole song is boring.

Yela and Cole are in for wack releases post-studio album.
I think current Cole shits all over Yela.

I have high expectations for Cole's 2nd album. After letting it sink in for months, his first album was damn solid. Though not as good as I initially believe.

RPS37

Cole has also gotten stale for me. I basically lost all hype right before Cole World. Waiting for him to surprise me again. Not hopeful.

Acid08

Banned
That stupid Hip Hop without cursing thread. Fuck that thread was stupid. The OP stating Busta was garbage was weird.

Dude just wanted to rant against the mainstream it seemed like. I didn't look through much of the thread, knew it would just get me mad.

T Dollarz

For fucks sake, how is that a logical abbreviation? Lmao. Cole World was good. But it was not great. Again, I think Cole is just boring me now.

Also, good shit on that Ye mix Ace. About midway through and I am really liking it. The transition from Swagga Like Us to This Way made me smile.
I just listened to it. Surprised to see everyone here liking it with all the poppy songs.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Cole song does nothing for me. That style of beat can be so easily abused or fucked up in the wrong producer's hands. Drum loop is awful and doesn't match the feel of the rest of the beat at all. And J.Cole is just saying nothing. Just rapping to rap. A shame, it wasn't that long ago that I was enjoying friday night lights and hoping his debut would mean great things.

Recon

Banned
Cole song does nothing for me. That style of beat can be so easily abused or fucked up in the wrong producer's hands. Drum loop is awful and doesn't match the feel of the rest of the beat at all. And J.Cole is just saying nothing. Just rapping to rap. A shame, it wasn't that long ago that I was enjoying friday night lights and hoping his debut would mean great things.

I feel almost the same way. Except that I really enjoyed his Debut.

Acid08

Banned
Warm Up is still my favorite Cole tape. I feel like that's mostly a time and place type of thing though, I fucking breathed that album for months.

Recon

Banned
Warm Up is still my favorite Cole tape. I feel like that's mostly a time and place type of thing though, I fucking breathed that album for months.

Same. I fucking loved that tape, still do. It had raw emotion and was perfect for where I was in my life.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
What a fool you were. But you have now grown.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blackace.... BLACKMOTHERFUCKINGACE, YOUSONOVABITCH...

THIS IS SO DOPEEEEE. I love your ignorant mixes, but damn. This mix is perfect. Thanks man.

I thought about naming it SWAGCASTLEJUICE but in the end I just named it Ye..

I'm liking the new Cole. Its kinda strange considering how he used to rap, but I feel that Cole's stuff now is best taken in without dissecting specific lines, but just taking in general themes.

Well when Peter or Ace starts liking Cole the sans will abandon ship..

I just listened to it. Surprised to see everyone here liking it with all the poppy songs.

Either Poppy or Whiny..
Oh my...I can't wait. SC2 ladder music.

Good shit for that!
That was top notch as always. You deliver no matter the subject. Great job, really enjoyed it.

thank you! I try to do different stuff having fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom