• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
TGy4T5B.jpg

Never starstuck he said.

Looooooooooool

Gorillaz

So I just heard Aubrey's comeback track to the whole thing...so how loud of a response will Meek's track be? should I have the speakers on low for it or nah

Gorillaz

havn't had time to hear Dirty Spirit 2 yet but seeing that pic in the OP im guessing people here eating good on it
Gorillaz what you told dem Best Buy folks
told them to put me on the "seasonal" list which means coming in like once every 2 months
discounts still there doe

So we all can probably agree Meek won't hold back with his diss. I wonder how he'll approach it though. If he listens to his crew he'll drop it in the next couple days. I think he should wait a bit. No major damage was done IMO, and while the song is going to trend for awhile...that's what happens when Drake does anything.

Meek needs to get this right. You don't want to be the guy who releases something like this. Nor do you want to do some obsessive shit like Game, releasing long ass disses or multiple ones. Seems pretty clear Drake has a couple options

1) He won't respond anymore and will return to subliminal fuckery
2) He's baiting Meek and will drop his own big diss after Meek goes first

Either way, Meek has to make an impression. You only get one diss. Nobody wants to be dazed and confused, releasing multiple disses (Super Ugly/Takeover). Take your shot, make it good, and then take it to the people. I'm going to assume Meek will get many dudes on his side regardless...

Floridian

I never filled one of these out although I posted here a few times before so lemme get that out the way while a new OT is here.

1. Pick a Coast to rep (Chiraq or Atlantistan) - Atlantistan
2. What’s your favorite subgenre of rap? (Conscious/Backpack, Trap/Drill, Mafioso, WC Gangsta, Swag, Weed, Hyphy, Club, etc) - Club Banger
3. Favorite Artists (Pick Five) - Kendrick Lamar, Q-Tip, Kanye, Snoop Dogg, Method Man
4. Favorite Artists Outside of Hip-Hop (Pick Five) - Daft Punk, Michal Menert, Gil Scott-Heron, Aphex Twin, Papa Roach.
5. What was your hip-hop AOTY last year? What’s your current hip-hop AOTY? - Last Year: Run the Jewels 2. Current: Kendrick - TPAB
6. What are you listening to right now? - Meek Mill /Vince Staples
7. What’s something you like that you might consider a guilty pleasure? What’s something you haven’t listened to that you think a hip-hop aficionado might give you shit for? - Drake is a guilty pleasure although i'm not that big of a fan of him. A few of his songs are undeniably catchy. I haven't listened to Nastradamus in full, but I hear it's underrated.
8. Rank a Random Rapper’s Discography (Pick Someone With > 3 Albums)
I'll nitpick Outkast:
Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik > Stankonia > ATLiens > Aquemini > Speakerboxxx/The Love Below > Idlewild

GAF-Hop Discusses
1. What do you like about the current state of hip-hop? What’s missing from the game? - It's giving me a bunch of variety, as in music to bang to, or music to think about. A good mix of mainstream & indie. Nothing missing for me right now.
2. Who’s Your Favorite Wu-Tang Member? - Method Man
3. Jay-Z or Nas? Biggie or Pac? Young Thug or OG Maco? - Jay Z, Biggie, Young Thug.
4. What Hip-Hop Album Are You Currently Anticipating? - SWISH
5. Who is the Most Underrated Emcee? Who is the Most Overrated? - Underrated : Talib Kweli. Overrated: Eminem
6. Would You Rather Eat An Ass or Have Your Ass Eaten? - Eat the cinnamon roll.
7. Onions, Avocados, Both, or Neither? I hate onions so Avocados.
8. Do you still listen to Eminem? Why?- Not in 2015. I didn't listen to him much any other year anyway.
9. Who’s your favorite pop artist? And who’s the finest? - Rihanna is the Queen of Pop and also the finest. Bless her.
10. Recall a personal event that went down about a week ago... - I went to my parents wedding recently and they got turnt up on the dancefloor along with a few questionably drunk relatives & guests. I swear urban club music was playing, but I forgot what specific songs they were. Not too much fuckery went along.

ARK322

Neo Member
Not feeling any of those Drake tracks.

The line on Charged Up, I think it was something like:

"Cops are killing people with their arms up
And your focus is tryna harm us"

is ridiculously corny from Drake, who hasn't said shit about any recent event that goes beyond his Hov-esque bid to will himself into greatness. It's especially lame considering Meek had a freestyle (over Ice Cream irc) from earlier this year which is more socially conscious from anything I've heard from Drake.

Not saying I'm rooting for Meek or anything. I don't like either of them. But Drake is coming with those baseless, hypocritical jabs like a presidential candidate.

cashman

Banned
"Cops is killing people with their arms up and your main focus is trying to harm us..." - Drake

Did Drake just pull a T swift or what

Tokubetsu

Ninjas do wrong to each other sometimes and in that way the force of the earth comes around the moon - and at that presence, the dirt, it overshadows the grass, you like, I can't cut this grass, there's no sun coming through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in the eye and understand we can only be right, as the ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tried to do the op quiz but got bored. ATL, trap, Future, Young Thug, Drake, soundcloud shit. 🙌✨🔥🔫💯💯💯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom