• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
First post in GAF-Hop, hello!

Where'd you get your username? Inside joke with a friend, also occasional sex joke
Age? 22
Where do you live? Toronto
How'd you end up where you are? Immigration and not getting deported.
First Hip Hop Album? Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Top 5 Video games? EA NHL series, Assassin's Creed series, Mass Effect series, Uncharted series, MLB: The Show series
What did you watch last? Colbert Report, Daily Show, Key & Peele
Favorite Drink? Water
Play any sports? Not lately. Soccer was my thing, I wanna get into hockey
How was your high school life? Decent. Should've/Could've/Would've
Bad habits? PROCRASTINATION
Employment? Bookstore employee
Hobbies? Gaming, watching movies, being lazy
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Kanye West
Why'd you end up on gaf? Stumbled upon the GAF Collection thread
Threads you avoid like the plague? Religious threads, ponies, anime (not that anime is terrible)
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Marshall Mathers LP
Best thing about hip hop? Raw energy and storytelling aspect
Worst thing? Generic "I got money" songs
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Stole from a store a couple of times - never again

Whats up GAF-Hop

I'm a hip-hop/rap noob. Never was really into rap at all, but recently I've found myself listening to and enjoying rap more than most of the other stuff I listen to.

I started with a few Wu-Tang Clan tracks, and from there started listening to a lot of Biggie (who I really like). I listened to loved Illmatic, which led me to Jay Z who I never really liked before but I've been listening to a lot of his stuff. Started listening to some Kanye, and then recently discovered Nujabes who I became addicted too.

I basically had to find all this stuff by myself (with the help of the internet of course) as my friends rarely listen to rap, and when they do it's stuff I hate.

Anyway, just wanted to say what's up, and I figure this is the perfect place to learn more stuff.

Make sure you check out the other Gaf Hop OP's in the past.

First name? Hector
Where'd you get your username? Propagandhi song when I was 12 or 13.
Age? 22
Where do you live? Los Angeles County, California (won't get any more specific)
Where are you from? Los Angeles County, California
How'd you end up where you are? Born and then did nothing in regards to my geographic situation.
First Hip Hop Album? First I can remember clearly, Wu-Tang Forever.

Top 5 movies?Pulp Fiction, No Country For Old Men, The Shawshank Redemption, Alien, It's A Wonderful Life

Top 5 Video games? GTA 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Ger Solid 2, Uncharted 2, Super Mario Bros.

What did you read last? The Pearl by Steinbeck, currently reading The Sun Also Rises.

What did you watch last? City of God..about 10 minutes ago.

Favorite non hip hop album? This is difficult, gun to my...The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute. Explains my love for over-produced tracks with tons going on.

Favorite Drink? Nonalcoholic? Water is fine, or an Arnold Palmer. Alcoholic? Whatever is around, not too picky about booze. Given a choice, I enjoy New Castle or Jack and Coke.

Play any sports? Not in years. If I practice, I'm a decent basketball player, but I'm only 5'6"

How was your high school life? Meh. Not great, not terrible.

Bad habits? Procrastination. And I could give a fuck about eating right or exercising, something i"m currently working on.

Employment? Temp at Central Operations of a local bank. Used to be in A/R lending at the same bank, they laid me off when times got rough after not giving me a riase for 3 years and hired me pack at 75% my original pay, yippe.

Hobbies? Gaming, music, movies. I want to pick up an instrument soon.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Eminem, oh yea, right in the face.

Why'd you end up on gaf? Use to post on some other board and heard whispers of a message board that frowned on fanboys sounded great. Almost never post on the gaming side anymore.

Other threads you frequent? BESTgaf, they make my pessimism seem normal.

Threads you avoid like the plague? Justice/Selena Gomez/Pony gaf

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Wu-Tang Forever.

Best thing about hip hop? The only genre where I can listen to a track once or twice and know definitively if I like it or not. Other genres I have to give much more time. Thus I end up listening to a lot of hiphop/

Worst thing? misogyny, homophobia.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I'm a saint.

filler

Banned
Whats up GAF-Hop

I'm a hip-hop/rap noob. Never was really into rap at all, but recently I've found myself listening to and enjoying rap more than most of the other stuff I listen to.

I started with a few Wu-Tang Clan tracks, and from there started listening to a lot of Biggie (who I really like). I listened to loved Illmatic, which led me to Jay Z who I never really liked before but I've been listening to a lot of his stuff. Started listening to some Kanye, and then recently discovered Nujabes who I became addicted too.

I basically had to find all this stuff by myself (with the help of the internet of course) as my friends rarely listen to rap, and when they do it's stuff I hate.

Anyway, just wanted to say what's up, and I figure this is the perfect place to learn more stuff.

You listened to any Aesop Rock yet? I get the feeling you'd be into dude. If you haven't, check out Labor Days.

If you wanna hear some more instrumental stuff like Nujabes, you should check out Blockheads solo albums. His style is pretty different, but it's good stuff. Start with Music By Cavelight.

You listened to any Aesop Rock yet? I get the feeling you'd be into dude. If you haven't, check out Labor Days.

If you wanna hear some more instrumental stuff like Nujabes, you should check out Blockheads solo albums. His style is pretty different, but it's good stuff. Start with Music By Cavelight.

Just listened to some Aesop Rock on youtube. Music is pretty dark and heavy but so far I really like it. Gonna check some more stuff out later.

Also liked Blockhead, really atmospheric stuff. Not quite as jazzy as Nujabes, but I still dig it

First name? Maurice

Where'd you get your username? From the movie Mystery Men
Age? 25
Where do you live? Michigan
Where are you from? Michigan
How'd you end up where you are? Born here
First Hip Hop Album? Dangerous Minds cassette...
Top 5 movies? To Kill a Mockingbird, The Godfather, Raiders of the Lost Ark, It's a Wonderful Life, Goodfellas

Top 5 Video games? StarCraft BW, StarCraft 2, WoW, WarCraft II, Zelda: OOT
What did you read last? A Dance With Dragons by George RR Martin
What did you watch last? Half of Sherlock Holmes...
Favorite non hip hop album? Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Favorite Drink? Water
Play any sports? Basketball
How was your high school life? Decent
Bad habits? I bite my nails and procrastinate
Employment? I handle insurance claims at a dental office
Hobbies? Reading, politics, PC gaming, computer

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Kanye West so I could break his jaw again
Why'd you end up on gaf? I made up some rumors about the Nintendo Revolution and got pretty popular...
Other threads you frequent? Poli-GAF, SC2-GAF NFL-GAF, black threads where I can hate on black people
Threads you avoid like the plague? None
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Liquid Swords - GZA. Just blew me away like few other albums have
Best thing? E-40
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Pretended to be a girl on the internet

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Whats up GAF-Hop

You light the lighter stuff, you said in your other post, you should peep Pharcyde, and Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Dialated Peoples, The Liks, and the Roots...

Also Outkast's first two albums..

The M.O.B

Why'd you end up on gaf? I made up some rumors about the Nintendo Revolution and got pretty popular...
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Pretended to be a girl on the internet

tumblr_lpuz5ljery1r1zphpo1_400.gif

JackEtc

EDIT: Post away JackEtc.
ifyYaHV8dfydu.gif

First name? Jack

Where'd you get your username? First name, et cetera. Don't gotta know the rest.
Age? 18.
Where do you live? Maryland, moving to New York for college at Marist this summer.
Where are you from? Maryland.
How'd you end up where you are? Born in Syracuse, New York, moved to Rhode Island for a year, grew up in England for a few years (got that English accent), then moved to Maryland (lost that English accent) where I've grown up since.

First Hip Hop Album? Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

Top 5 movies? Really tough to narrow down to 5 but...V for Vendetta, The Shawshank Redeption, District 9, The Dark Knight, and Black Dynamite.

Top 5 Video games? Portal 2, Portal, BioShock, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

What did you read last? Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me

What did you watch last? Finishing up season 3 of The Wire.

Favorite non hip hop album? Hmmm.....The Shins - "Wincing the Night Away"

Favorite Drink? Alchoholic? I can't really say. Non-Alcholic? Ginger Ale.

Play any sports? I snowboard and scuba dive whenever I get the chance. I occaisionally golf. Played baseball as a kid up until high school.

How was your high school life? Still living it, can't wait to graduate this year. Freshman and Sophomore year weren't that great, was still the kid who was always made fun of. Junior year people started to smarten the fuck up and started acting like adults. Senior year's aight I guess, taking too hard of classes though.

Bad habits? I constantly make beats in my mouth with my teeth, that shit is really bad apparantly. Can't stop it though. And I procrastinate like no other. I blame my horrible ADHD.

Employment? High School Student, also work as a Computer Technician at a computer repair place.

Hobbies? Video games, music, writing, reading, guitar.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Nicki Minaj. Love her beats, hate her lyrics. I'd hit it, though.

Why'd you end up on gaf? Heard some podcasts talking about it, decided to see what it was all about. Was happy to see a bunch of people older than me who also acted like adults online. Decided to join at 16, waited 8 months or so to get in.

Other threads you frequent? Gaga-gaf (go ahead, laugh), a few game OT's (SSX right now), the Battlefield PC community thread, the headphone thread (Shout out to K.Jack, just bought some TMA-1's because of him, love 'em), and the iPhone 4S and jailbreak threads. I think that's it.

Threads you avoid like the plague? Anything creepy-gaf, the Pop |OT|, and most of Gaming side, lol.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? 36 Chambers. Method Man and Protect Ya Neck is what made me get into hip hop.

Best thing about hip hop? The beats, the music. I love it all, it's creativity at it's finest. I can listen to instrumentals for hours and hours.

Worst thing? A lot of the fans, and the homophobia. I'm not gay, but nobody should be treated like that.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I'm not really sure, I haven't done much bad shit. Uhhhhh.....I kicked a girl in the vagina in first grade. Sounds a bit odd out of context, but I guess that was pretty shitty.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Damn, just saw your DP recommendation- we think alike Ace.

I do like solo Evidence better though.

I really like the DP colab stuff.. Like with De La, Liks, West, B-Real... anytime they had a feature they got amped for it..

These are my two favorite tracks from the albums I recommended:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rkf5H7J-S0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F01tB9b7-s

Definitely like both of those, but I can only really see myself coming back to the second one.

You light the lighter stuff, you said in your other post, you should peep Pharcyde, and Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Dialated Peoples, The Liks, and the Roots...

Also Outkast's first two albums..

Thanks for the recommendations, I've listened to some Pharcyde, Tribe Called Quest, and the Roots. Definitely have to check out Outkast too, like you said I've read that their earlier stuff is especially good.

You should listen to Evidence.
my fav ev song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ml5XPArPY

Thanks, I liked this too

filler

Banned
Definitely like both of those, but I can only really see myself coming back to the second one.

Blockhead handled the production on Labor Days, that's why I recommended those two albums together. Aesop is somewhat of an acquired taste, took me a while to get into him myself. So glad I did though.

nns3d

Where'd you get your username? From Nas' It Ain't Hard to Tell
Age? 19
Where do you live? Gonna be NY bound soon.
Where are you from? Oklahoma

First Hip Hop Album? That I bought with my own cash? Nas - Illmatic

Top 5 Video games? Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Super Mario Bros. 3, OoT, Super Mario Galaxy, Viewtiful Joe

What did you read last? I started Assata but didn't get to finish it...

What did you watch last?
Haven't watched much TV lately

Favorite non hip hop album?
Roger - The Saga Continues...

Favorite Drink? Not much of a drinker honestly.

Play any sports? Did track and field in high school, did the 200 meter dash.

How was your high school life? Nerdy underclassman years, upperclass years I was fine though.

Bad habits? Procrastination (I'm doing it right now lol)

Employment? None at the moment

Hobbies? Gaming, music and art.

Other threads you frequent? Sonic-GAF, lurk everything else.

Threads you avoid like the plague? Just Pony-GAF and sometimes Pop-GAF.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? If I had to choose one, Me Against the World by Tupac has probably impacted me the most.

Best Thing About Hip-hop?
I think out of all of the genres, this one allows the most... self-expression? I worded it weird but I think you guys know what I mean. :p

SoilBreak

Banned
Where'd you get your username? random anime show
Age? 18
Where do you live? Pennsylvania
Where are you from? Queens NY
First Hip Hop Album? Ready To Die
Top 5 movies? 7 samurai, The Godfather, Blade Runner, The Getaway, Se7en
Top 5 Video games? Street Fighter 3rd Strike , Suikoden 2, Snatcher, Vanquish, Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara
What did you read last? Bright Orange for the Shroud - John D. MacDonald
What did you watch last? Black Swan
Favorite non hip hop album? Slint - Spiderland
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Cudi
Why'd you end up on gaf? Can't remember
Other threads you frequent? Black Culture Thread and the Tokusatsu Thread
Threads you avoid like the plague? Pedo and Pop gaf
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Big L - Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous
Worst thing? Yamato's love for Waka Flocka
Shittiest thing you've ever done? Stole from a store when I was 12

First name? Jason
Where'd you get your username? I put so much soul into the stuff I create solely on my own. Yeah.
Age? 30
Where do you live? Dallas, TX.
Where are you from? Dallas, TX.
How'd you end up where you are? Shit, still in Dallas. Well, technically Lewisville, cuz DFW has a shit load of random ass towns and suburbs.
First Hip Hop Album? Hard to tell, since I have two older brothers that I inherited music from. Honestly, the first thing I probably "bought" on my own was some shit from Columbia House. And I'm pretty sure that included Shaq Diesel.

Top 5 movies? Memento, Ace Ventura (the 1st one), The Killer, The Sandlot, The Lion King

Top 5 Video games? Super Metroid, Rez, Duke Nukem 3D, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, Third Strike

What did you read last? Some comics on my iPad. I think it was an issue of Justice (Alex Ross JLA book)

What did you watch last?
Episodes of The League on Netflix. Surprisingly funny

OK Computer

Favorite Drink? Minute Maid Fruit Punch. Favorite drank is Rum and Coke

Play any sports? Played baseball and basketball as a kid. Play tennis whenever I get a chance nowadays, and basketball rarely.

How was your high school life? blended in.

Bad habits? procrastination

Employment? Level Designer (currently working on a game that GAF has absolutely shitted on repeatedly, haha)

Hobbies? gaming, movies, listening to and creating music, comics, nonfiction books (science and/or political)

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Jay Electronica. Come on son.

Why'd you end up on gaf? Probably heard about it on the IGN boards somewhere.

Other threads you frequent? other big thread I used to follow was PoliGAF. Sometimes lurk the Black Culture thread. Now I just click on whatever's interesting.

Threads you avoid like the plague? Isn't there some giant ass Game of Thrones thread? I never click on that. Fantasy mostly bores the hell out of me. 1000+ page fantasy books are even more of a turn off.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Common's Resurrection. Man, the amount of double/triple meanings he could fit into a rhyme astounds me even to this day.

Best thing about hip hop? dat rhythm. dat bass. dat wordplay

Worst thing? homophobia and misogyny. Though sometimes it's hilariously over the top which ends up making it weirdly alluring.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I'm an angel.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ah, we're not jumping people in as initiation anymore? bought these steel toed for no reason then. fuck.

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep
west
Favourite Artist
at the moment, Schoolboy Q, overall give me some Yeezy or Biggie any day.
Best feature killer
Busta Busta
Favourite album
Ready to Die
What's in your playlist?
Whatever I rated 5 stars (smart playlists are awesome)...so hard to say. Good shit.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
College Dropout/MBDTF/Graduation/808's/Late Registration
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
u-god, without him there ain't no weed.
Illmatic > Nas' whole life?
yep.
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Nas is fucking dead to me, but Kelis still collecting those checks.
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?
Who's got the most money and fame at the moment? Yea...
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Biggie, all the time.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
Idiot savant with the best fucking grin in the game. Fool won.
Pick an era of Eminem
The alternate timeline where he died after the Slim Shady LP.

mooooose

Where'd you get your username? nickname when i was a kid
Age? 20
Where do you live? nyc
How'd you end up where you are? i go to college
First Hip Hop Album? marshall mathers lp i guess but really i went from aesop rock and deltron and then it was only built 4 cuban linx in high school that got me into hip hop
Top 5 Video games? yoshi's island, god hand, mario galaxy 2, burnout paradise, idk
What did you watch last? law and order svu GIMME DAPS
Favorite Drink? water
Play any sports? i lift run and play soccer rarely
How was your high school life? ok i was really quiet and my best friend is a huge nerd but i had a small group of friends, was chill, and an awesome girlfriend
Bad habits? i procrastinate and worse than anything i am really bad at keeping up with communicating with people. really bad. i never call my family or friends ever and i lose them periodically because of it
Employment? i work part time at retail
Hobbies? studying making music programming lifting making clothes chilling playing games
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? kreayshawn such a dumb bitch she bit the hand that fed her by telling speak (the dude who wrote gucci gucci, got od future on coachella, etc) that he needs to "get a job" because the dude bums a little and doesnt give him shine or cred. fuck that bitch up her ass. speak is a humble dude.
Why'd you end up on gaf? been on gaf lurking for like 7 years now which is crazy found it awesome because of the post your gaming set up thread where all these rich 30 year old mankids were posting these amazing home theatres
Threads you avoid like the plague? none really i guess ones for games i dont like or sports or politics because i dont care
Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? right now... livelovea$ap to be honest. ob4cl is a big one. oddly, boss of all bosses 2 by cam and vado is a very important tape to me. its all about music setting a tone for whats going on in my life, that makes the tape even better.
Best thing about hip hop? production, energy, swagger, confidence, bravado. it's man music.
Worst thing? boring rappers like kid ink or something or tyga or basically any skinny dude thats super tatted and lacks originality. white dudes too. mac miller got some ok beats tho but that dude is SO corny
Shittiest thing you've ever done? i lie

Esch

Banned
HOLLA DUDES. I NEED TO UNSUBSCRIBE RIGHT NOW. TIP: NEVER MIX MOONSHINE AND GIN, YOU BE FUCKED UP.

thanks for picking my thread title <3

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep
WEST IS BEST
Favourite Artist
BONE THUGS
Best feature killer
Favourite album
E.1999 Eternal
What's in your playlist?
The Weeknd

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
College Dropout>the order of the rest don't matter because they all suck.
ODB
That sounds right
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
I'm not going to think about it.
The guy that didn't have another man's cum in his car and on his baby seat.
Pac for life!
Wishes he was a genius like Waka.
Pick an era of Eminem
The MM LP

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Age? 22
Where do you live? canada
First Hip Hop Album? i don't remember. 2 pac is last thing i can recall.
Top 5 movies?(that i can remember)blade runner, inception, drive, pulp fiction,WALL·E
Top 5 Video games? TF2, Portal 1&2, evil genius, Grand theft Auto,
What did you read last? da vinci code
What did you watch last? kick ass
Favorite non hip hop album?daft punk discovery
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? wiz khlifaiaiai
Why'd you end up on gaf?a friend told me to join...so i did.
Other threads you frequent? i lurk the pony thread and funny pic thread and fitness thread.
Threads you avoid like the plague? any console gaming thread.
Worst thing? gucci
Shittiest thing you've ever doing?failing courses over and over. [/QUOTE]

Acid08

Banned
Age? 21
Where do you live? Bay Area
First Hip Hop Album? Licence to Ill
Top 5 movies?(that i can remember)pulp fiction, hot fuzz, shaun of the dead, original star wars trilogy, other cool stuff
Top 5 Video games? FF7, MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4
What did you read last? currently reading the Ultimate Hitchhickers Guide
What did you watch last? Samurai Champloo
Favorite non hip hop album? modest mouse- lonesome crowded west
If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Fruity Lupe
Why'd you end up on gaf? used to be on gamespot and got linked there
Other threads you frequent? fitness recently, NHL-Gaf is where I'm most known though
Threads you avoid like the plague? that stupid fucking pony thread
Worst thing? suspect females
Shittiest thing you've ever doing? been arrested, had cops pull guns on me multiple times. being a shitty friend in the past.

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep
west for life but most of my favorite hip hop is east coast
Favourite Artist
Wu-Tang
Best feature killer
Busta
Favourite album
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
What's in your playlist?
huge mix of stuff right now.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
College Dropout>>MBDTF>Grad>LR>808's
GZA
Basically
I have faith
Jay easily even though Ether was the best diss song
Biggie forever.
funny dude makin money, sup haters
Pick an era of Eminem
his features on 2001

RC

Banned
First name? Robbie

Where'd you get your username? Some Indian thing I heard when I was 13. Thought it was clever at the time. Now I think its stupid.

Where do you live? Vancouver, BC.

Where are you from? Vancouver, BC.

How'd you end up where you are?
The better question would be why haven't I ended up anywhere else?

First Hip Hop Album? 2pac - All Eyez on Me. Started off right.

Top 5 movies? Gattaca, Taxi Driver, Memento, Goodfellas, Rocky

Top 5 Video games? Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Battlzone (98 version) Resident Evil 4.

What did you read last? Recently finished Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing. Currently reading The Forever War.

What did you watch last? The League, its actually pretty funny.

Favorite non hip hop album? Tough one, but I'd have to say Nirvana - In Utero.

Favorite Drink? Depends on the time, the day and the season. But I do love me some Lemonade.

Play any sports? Nope, I'm 6'3" about 195lbs, but lack any semblance of coordination.

How was your high school life? Our entire grade, 8 through 12, consisted of 10 people. It was mostly trouble free and so very very dull. I left it a man with no goals, motivation or clear purpose in life. So little has changed.

Bad habits? Procrastination and lazyiness. I define my life through these habits.

Hobbies? Honestly, my hobbies have dwindled as I've gotten older. Gaming I guess, but I lack any real motivation and leave most of my games unfinished or unplayed.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Mase. No other artist has annoyed me more in my life. I don't care if he's a priest now, he needs to suffer.

Why'd you end up on gaf? Probably heard something on the Gamespot forums way back when.

Other threads you frequent? Just NHL-GAF. I recognize at least one of you from there. Sharks suck.

Threads you avoid like the plague? There's a lot, actually, but off the top of my head: the other sport threads that don't involve hockey, the anime one, the Song of Fire and Ice thread. Mostly because I've only read the first book.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Enter the Wu-Tang: The 36 Chambers. Taught me what Hip-Hop is all about and what it can aspire to be.

Best thing about hip hop? Expressing thoughts and feeling through poetry. No other form of music can paint a picture as well.
Worst thing? The emphasis on beats over rhymes. Southern rap as a whole.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Lots of things, but recently, stopped seeing a girl because I couldn't stand her face in the morning. Told her as such too.

Where'd you get your username? From a U2 song, I like the riff and the word. My true nickname is too personal and can get traced back to me by the feds.
Age? 21
Where do you live? Canada
Where are you from? Manchester, England
How'd you end up where you are? My family moved here, still won't forgive 'em for this snow
First Hip Hop Album? Ice Cube - Amerikkka's Most wanted

Top 5 movies? LOTR: Fellowship, Thin Red Line, Godfather pt. 2, Heat, Once Upon a Time in the West

Top 5 Video games? Deus Ex, MGS2....eh I dunno the rest

What did you read last? Kafka - Metamorphosis, lol the bitch was buggin out...literally

What did you watch last? Going through the Wire, starting season 3 now (rewatch)

The Clash - London Calling

Favorite Drink? Appleton's Rum and some Coke

Play any sports? Soccer and Basketball. And pickup games of Rugby I guess
How was your high school life? Intermingled with everybody. Kept to my close group of friends but I would chill with the jocks and the stoners and the bad kids too.

Bad habits? Killed most of them. Now it's just procrastination and stupid hoes

Employment? Student lol

Hobbies? Games, travelling, dancing (haha)

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Chris Brown currently, he just needs his ego checked

Why'd you end up on gaf? Other gaming forums always linked to this shit.

Other threads you frequent? Movies-Gaf, lurk nba and wrestling

Threads you avoid like the plague? Anime, ponies, k-pop

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Marshall Mathers LP *sigh* it definitely wasn't the first hip-hop album I heard but being an impressionable little shit at 10, it blew my mind how everybody was listening

Best thing about hip hop? How artists can tell a story and also make girls move their booties
Worst thing? homophobia, the dance crazes

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Spat on a cop, got a girl addicted to drugs (I fixed this later though)

Where'd you get your username? conversation between my friend vic and i, where i kept saying "fucking vic" and laughing as he kept saying more and more ridiculous things

Age? 23

Where do you live? NYC

Where are you from? dhaka

How'd you end up where you are? dad brought us here when i was 8

First Hip Hop Album? slim shady LP

Top 5 Video games? super metroid, metroid prime, skyward sword, SMG2, pokemon blue

What did you read last? the king of madison avenue

What did you watch last? no strings attached. what a horrible movie

Favorite non hip hop album? the earth is not a cold, dead place - EITS. this is probably the greatest album i have ever heard in my life

Favorite Drink? cold water

Play any sports? football and soccer. played a lot of cricket when i was a kid.

How was your high school life? unknown recluse the first year, pretty active social life the last 3

Bad habits? sometimes i forget to brush my teeth at night

Employment? designer & illustrator

Hobbies? art, design, music, guitar, piano, fitness, business and entrepreneurship, fashion, drawing, cartoons and animation, sports, being the only sober dude at parties, giving advice to people. sadly dont have much if any time to playing video games these days

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? pete wentz. that motherfucker

Why'd you end up on gaf? i think go nintendo used to link to this site all the time back in 2006 so i started to lurk this forum instead of going to that blog.

Other threads you frequent? only lurk nba-gaf and this thread, and rarely i post in the odd OT thread here and there. have been spending less and less time here as my schedule keeps getting packed up. crazy how much time i used to spend on this website, now that i think about it.... could have cured cancer by now :|

Threads you avoid like the plague? anything about race, religion, politics, women, sad stuff. just a shit storm of stupid in those threads

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? cant pick one, but i have 3: the chronic 2001, ready to die, and 808s & heartbreak. the first two aside from eminem were the only rap i listened to growing up since my music was 98% emo rock. 808 is when i really started to get into kanye and his other albums, and into hip hop in general. was an eye opening experience for sure.

Best thing about hip hop? the music, beats, production. im a music/beat first guy and hip hop is just aural pleasure. i also love the wordplay and how stories are told in such clever ways. thanks to gaf for introducing me to rap genius BTW

Worst thing? people assigning your sexual orientation based on which artists you listen to

Shittiest thing you've ever done? horrible things i said to my older brother when i was a shitty teen

First name? Luke

Where'd you get your username? I don't know but I don't use it that much anymore

Age? 20

Where do you live? Chicago

Where are you from? Chicago suburbs

How'd you end up where you are? school

First Hip Hop Album?
Beastie Boys' Hello Nasty. But that was in first grade and they were the only hip hop I ever listened to until high school. Then Low End Theory

Top 5 movies? I suck with choosing top 5 but I guess Goodfellas, any of the Jackass movies, Taxi Driver, Sin City, Happy Gilmore

Top 5 Video games? Halo CE,Timesplitters 2, Counterstrike (either but I played more source), Mario 3

What did you read last?
Catcher in the Rye

What did you watch last? Kill Bill Volume 2

Favorite non hip hop album? Damn that's tough. Probably obligated to pick Operation Ivy's compilation album

Favorite Drink? brass monkey

Play any sports? used to. let's not talk about it

How was your high school life? pretty awesome. tried to take advantage of the whole "no responsibilities" thing (other than having a job) as much as possible.

Bad habits? procrastinate like a motherfucker

Employment? currently no

Hobbies? playing bass, wasting time on the internet

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? I would have said Lil Wayne but now I'll say Drake

Why'd you end up on gaf? used to play a lot of games. now I barely do at all

Other threads you frequent? NHL GAF, Chicago GAF

Threads you avoid like the plague? anything with long fucking arguments about any controversial topic. It's a waste of time to post in that shit, let alone read it. Also anything fuckin weird I guess

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Probably Low End Theory. It's the CD that kind of made me explore hip hop more

Best thing about hip hop? the genius behind the lyrics, the groovy beats, there's so much of it, Pharcyde, and that it gives Kanye West a spotlight to be a dick to people

Worst thing? Most popular hip hop out now. Like that dumbass Rocky ASAP. I don't get how people can listen to that shit. There's only so much you can rap about smoking weed or whatever. Also douchebags like Lil Wanye who rape multiple genres without even trying

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I don't know. Probably calling people fat in middle school or something.

DominoKid

Where'd you get your username?
I made that shit up. No real significance to it at all.

Age?
20. I can almost taste 21 (10 weeks)

Where do you live?
NC (splitting time between 3 cities for school and home, maybe 4 if i get to go to the beach this summer)

How'd you end up where you are?
Uh...cause I'm awesome? IDK, I can only credit my parents for being extremely hands off when it came to parenting. The one time I asked them to be more hands on and active, we were all miserable. Our relationship works much better when they fall back and let me do me.

Top 5 Video games?
FIFA (current gen only), NBA 2K, Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, Tekken series (even 4)

What did you watch last?
Psych

What did you read last?
I'd have to find one of my HS senior year reading lists lol. I don't read books anymore. Just skim for relevant info to do the assignments.

Favorite Drink?
Sierra Mist or CookOut Sweet Tea

Play any sports?
Love basketball but I'm only decent at it these days cause I don't play often.
Good as fuck at soccer but I hate playing it in organized settings. I always saw it as something that was a fun release for me. I don't need all the bullshit and politics that comes with legit teams.

How was your high school life?
I was well liked but I hated most of the people I interacted with on a daily basis. I was a good actor. Junior year was a mental whirlwind because my folks told me they were getting divorced right before the year started. That really didn't do any favors for how I viewed my peers cause I just grew more and more sick of them because they were so wrapped up in their perfect picket fence lives while I was going through the wringer.

Bad habits?
1) Apparently I give off the impression that I lack confidence in myself because I'm very nervy. It's quite the opposite really, I used to be unshakably confident to such a point where my teachers & coaches made it a point to beat me down at every opportunity. You will never understand how much I lived for the opportunity to show my superiority against others. But no matter how good I did it seemed like I couldn't actually please people (besides my parents of course. they loved it) because I didn't have to work hard. That's why I grew to hate soccer and flat out quit in the middle of a season. And I almost grew to hate basketball because it was one of the few things I had to work hard to be good at yet I always got the shit end of the stick from coaches.
2) I took my folks divorce pretty hard so I'm very emotionally inconsistent. Stilted as one of my long-time female friends told me. To let her tell it I don't react to situations in the way that a normal person would.
3) It's hard for me to put myself out there and be vulnerable. I've fumbled a lot of relationship opportunities because of that. Seeing how bad my mom hurt my dad made me swear I'd never allow the same to happen to me.

Employment?
Nada

Hobbies?
Gaming, lifting, rapping, balling, weed, sneakers, fashion, mastering my beer pong shot.

Gorillaz are sort of hip hop so....MGMT - Oracular Spectacular. That whole album is straight money.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters?
Juelz Santana. goddamn you fumbled your career. Wayne got a whole lotta mileage off his swag.

Why'd you end up on gaf?
Needed something to replace GameFAQs once I completely stopped posting on it.

Threads you avoid like the plague?
Gaming-side in general. NHL cause IDK shit about hockey and MLB because I hate baseball. Mostly everything is fair game.

Other threads you frequent?
NBA thread, I don't post much though. Always in the NCAA Basketball thread. Also in the soccer thread whenever I can catch a game which isn't often these days. Black Culture thread.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)?
MBDTF. A modern day masterpiece. One of the few albums that has completely stopped me in my tracks.

Best thing about hip hop?
It's cathartic. You never really get it until you try it yourself.

Worst thing?
No offense, but white rappers. I just don't like any of them. Not even Eminem really although I like a few of his songs.

Shittiest thing you've ever done?
Purposely self-sabotage a relationship (a few actually) just to end it on my own terms so I wasn't the one that got hurt.

Glass Rebel

First name? Astrit, most people just call me Äste (pronounced s-tew)
Where'd you get your username? Stole the first part, second is because I'm Albanian and that's what most people associate us with.
Age? 21
Where do you live? Zürich, Switzerland
Where are you from? Pristina, Kosovo
How'd you end up where you are? Spent my first 2 years of life back in KS with my mom, then my father brought us to Switzerland
First Hip Hop Album? First Hip-Hop album I actually owned was 36 Chambers. Everything else was either from friends, samplers or singles.

Top 5 movies? Hero, Pulp Fiction, Inception, Drunken Master, Matrix

Top 5 Video games? Half-Life 2, Portal 2, Sin & Punishment 2, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Panzer Dragoon Saga

What did you read last? Some Warhammer 40k books. Trying to get into the lore.

What did you watch last? Tropic Thunder. Hilarious stuff.

Favorite non hip hop album? The Beatles - Revolver

Favorite Drink? Indian Tonic and Fanta Lemon

Play any sports? Played soccer, did some Jiu-Jutsu and Karate. Nowadays just hitting the gym or the bike.

How was your high school life? Firt two years: Gamer/Nerd. Last two years: Regular guy. Coula whooed your ass any time though.

Bad habits? Laziness. Don't consider loving good food a habit. It's more of a curse since I put on weight easily.

Employment? Full-time English student atm.

Hobbies? Reading, writing, music. Trying to build a small home studio with my brother and start a jazz-hop band with a friend.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Soulja Boy or Wiz

Why'd you end up on gaf? Read about it on gaming related sites I used to visit during HS.

Other threads you frequent? fairly active in the manga thread and semi-lurker in the steam and iOS gaming threads.

Threads you avoid like the plague? Pony/Pedo/Creepy-GAF

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Illmatic, from poetry to production just a classic and always back in my mind when I write lyrics.

Best thing about hip hop? Range and variety. Just the fact that so many different subsets can exist together is fascinating.
Worst thing? Homophobia, Sexism, Ignorance

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Made my best friend's sister cry.

CRS

Mega post incoming.

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - The entire nation? Grew up on West/Midwest but started loving some South and the Midwest more much later.
Favourite Artist - Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
Best feature killer - Freddie Gibbs has been doing an amazing job but Busta still has it.
Favourite album - E.1999 Eternal
What's in your playlist? - Depends on my mood.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums - Nope
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) - Method
Illmatic > Nas' whole life? - Nope. Exhibit A: It Was Written
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Average.
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef? Jay-Z
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion - 2Pac because of nostalgia though.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Mentally challenged with genius producers.
Pick an era of Eminem - MM LP

First name? Angel (I'm Hispanic)
Where'd you get your username? Because of the rap supergroup Child Rebel Soldier
Age? 22
Where do you live? Central California
Where are you from? Central California
How'd you end up where you are? Born here.
First Hip Hop Album? E.1999 Eternal

Top 5 movies? Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko, Cool Runnings, El 7 Machos (Mexican film featuring the genius comedian, Cantinflas), Monsters Inc./Finding Nemo/Practically any Pixar movie

Top 5 Video games? Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts series, Final Fantasy X, Chrono Trigger

What did you read last? Walking Dead

What did you watch last? White Collar season finale

Favorite non hip hop album? Gorillaz - Demon Days but that's cheating so it would be a tie between Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, The xx - xx, and Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Favorite Drink? Crown and Coke (Fuck yeah Recon!)

Play any sports? Played a lot of soccer when I was younger and would play some basketball for fun with friends

How was your high school life? Meh. Not great but not horrible. Mostly shitty though. Lonely stoner/nerd.

Bad habits? Weed?, procrastination, and my inability to not save money

Employment? Cook and sometimes Expeditor

Hobbies? Gaming, anything technology, music, D&D but only for a little white, sports

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Lupe. Fuck you, Lupe.

Why'd you end up on gaf? It was always getting mentioned during Garnett Lee's podcasts and decided to register.

Other threads you frequent? Some tv threads

Threads you avoid like the plague? Everything? Don't really read a lot of threads.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? It would be a tie between E. 1999 Eternal or CuDi's Man on the Moon I.

Best thing about hip hop? The diversity. I can listen to something with substance that makes me think, feel sad, and feel joy to music that makes bootys pop.

Worst thing? Homophobia, the stigma that hip-hop is evil

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Some shit I've done because of my anger

Blearth

Banned
While East Coast rappers may have released a higher quantity of good material in the early 90s, none were able to make a better album than Doggystyle.

And MBDTF is Kanye's best album.

And Biggie > Tupac.

And one of Nas's post-Illmatic albums have even been above average.

And SSLP is Eminem's best album. Funny Eminem >>>> serious Eminem.

kamspy

I'll go along with siddx's list too. What's the internet if you can't make lists? It's the main thing to do on it when not watching porn.

First name? Kyle
Where'd you get your username? My parents immiagrated here from Russia in 81, so there was some anti Russian sentiment going around the red necks. We had our cars windows busted out a couple times with COMMY or SPY spray painted on it. etc. Took the Spy thing and ran with it as a term of endearment. That's kinda how I got into the whole hip hop lifestyle. We lived in section 8 and the white people were all racist people who hated us but the blacks and hispanics were cool as fuck so that's were I hung out all my life.
Age? 29
Where do you live? Outside of Cincy
Where are you from? Born in NYC, raised in the Cincy area.
How'd you end up where you are? Being ignorant.
First Hip Hop Album? Kriss Kross, Hammer or C&C Music Factory.

Top 5 movies? Carlito's Way, Anchorman, Idiocracy, Shawshank, 2001 A Space Odyssey

Top 5 Video games? SWAT 4, FEAR, Crysis, Command and Conquer, Forza/Gran Turismo, NBA 2K

What did you read last? Some free book on Amazon Kindle app when I was in the hospital for IBS. It was about some kind of flesh eating larvae that turned people into zombies. Worth every penny, but it did pass the time well. I should look up the name actually and give it a proper shout out.

What did you watch last?
NBA All Star game

Sublime 40oz to Freedom

Favorite Drink? ice water

Play any sports? Basketball. I was a beast in HS but got too caught up in other shit to keep up with it.

How was your high school life? Jock first two years, ballaballa last two years.

Bad habits? Cigarettes, weed, hoodies, fitted hats, weekly $30 fades, xanax, adderall, coke, percocet, valium, klonopin, norco, roxicet, booze, women, 5 hour energy drinks, pop.

Employment? Ballaballa

Hobbies? ill shit, mostly. Nah, hoopin, spending time outside. Playing NBA 2k12, spending copious amounts of time at the barbershop. Fuckin.

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? Eminem

Why'd you end up on gaf? When I was married w/children I turned to home theater as a hobby to keep me out of trouble. Posted a lot on AVS Forum and GAF got mentioned a lot in the gaming subforum.

Other threads you frequent? Steam, NBA GAF, general OT and gaming threads of interest. Big PC gamer.

Threads you avoid like the plague? Anime gaf, Pedo gaf, Pony gaf...well those are all the same thing really.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? The Chronic changed me from hip hop fan to hip hop obsessed.

Best thing about hip hop? Ability to express ideas, emotions, and opinions in a way no other form of music can touch

Worst thing? Eminem's success.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? Robbed people who didn't always have it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom