• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the shout outs!

dap-o.gif

Esch

Banned
OTX is basically finished, brohirrim. Expect something more minimalist overall. People want our old shit, read our old topics. Gaffers stuck on old shit, gafhop makes the blueprint.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought we agreed on GAF-Hop |OT10 2 10| AND 10 AGAIN

Alternatively GAF-Hop |OT10| Stop inconsistently using roman numerals and numbers

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
^ thats me with some fish pakorai right now

GAF-Hop |OT10 2 10| Black Ace Down

EDIT: I guess it's too similar to the previous OT, was referencing the novel/movie though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
OTX should have a fresh prince subtitle. we all know this is the year for BASEDWILL to make his surprise return with an album fully produced by Hit-Boy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OTX should have a fresh prince subtitle. we all know this is the year for BASEDWILL to make his surprise return with an album fully produced by Hit-Boy.
Not Hit-Boy.

kanye-will-smith-in-the-studio-in-brazil-1.jpg

Speaking of Hit-Boy, talk about people who fell out of the spotlight quick. You did N***as in Paris and then decided to focus on hyping up Audio Push. All the stock he would have had is invested in the Mike Wills and the Mustards now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Not Hit-Boy.

Speaking of Hit-Boy, talk about people who fell out of the spotlight quick. You did N***as in Paris and then decided to focus on hyping up Audio Push. All the stock he would have had is invested in the Mike Wills and the Mustards now.

the joke was
will smith is about as relevant as hit-boy is nowadays, but you kinda solved that anyways ;)

Esch

Banned
How about a Malcom X reference, a la Nicki Manaj?

I like this, someone work with it. Because Big Sean a) isnt going to fit with the content of what i wrote for the OT and b) isnt worth commemorating for our tenth anniversary (pause)

Gaf-HOP OTX: Where Men Become Manchildren

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How about a Malcom X reference, a la Nicki Manaj?
That is even less worthy of attention. Such fleeting fuckery no one will remember tomorrow.

If anything, if you guys want to do something thats relevant to the times (like we always do for these thread titles) it should be something related to the Oxymoron delay. Something topical to sample clearances, as not only is that relevant now, but also a common excuse for rappers when the label won't put their shit out and is basically meme status at this point.

Macca

Is the thread going up once we hit 20000? or early, and then we fight over the scraps that is the last post in this thread. (nobody to lock it now lol)

injurai

Banned
That is even less worthy of attention. Such fleeting fuckery no one will remember tomorrow.

If anything, if you guys want to do something thats relevant to the times (like we always do for these thread titles) it should be something related to the Oxymoron delay. Something topical to sample clearances, as not only is that relevant now, but also a common excuse for rappers when the label won't put their shit out and is basically meme status at this point.

Gaf-hop |OtX|y cotton bucket hats

overcast

probably. good thing she is legitimately an amazing strong musician. one of the finest of the last decade and some change.
Yeah, I think she is truly great. Plus, her music is straight up well written and catchy at the same time. Accessible and legitimately strange. Love it.

Thanks for making the OT btw.

Not Hit-Boy.

To be fair since then he produced Clique which was huge, as well as smaller noteworthy shit like Backstreet Freestyle, 1Train, and Flawless (for Beyonce). Sounds come and go, especially with producers (remember Boi-1da yall?), but all it takes is one record to come back. Most of Mustard's shit sounds the same: it's just a more synthy, Bay flavored version of what Mike Will does, what Mike Zombie did with Started From The Bottom, etc.

We're still seeing trap evolve, basically, but not by much. I'm not hating on Mustard, I really like Act Right for instance. But everytime I hear it I swear I hear the lil audio stamp saying "Mike...Mike...Mike" just like a Mike Will beat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To be fair since then he produced Clique which was huge, as well as smaller noteworthy shit like Backstreet Freestyle, 1Train, and Flawless (for Beyonce). Sounds come and go, especially with producers (remember Boi-1da yall?), but all it takes is one record to come back. Most of Mustard's shit sounds the same: it's just a more synthy, Bay flavored version of what Mike Will does, what Mike Zombie did with Started From The Bottom, etc.

We're still seeing trap evolve, basically, but not by much. I'm not hating on Mustard, I really like Act Right for instance. But everytime I hear it I swear I hear the lil audio stamp saying "Mike...Mike...Mike" just like a Mike Will beat.
I guess you're right. I don't think dude will run out of work (Boi-1da isn't done yet either I think, still gets calls for singles), maybe I just feel like they missed out on their chance for a power move. I guess it's unrealistic to expect that from everyone really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom