• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to Still Brazy twice, seems super boring and somehow much worse than My Krazy Life, which was probably more fun than it should have been

Coloring Book is shockingly strong. Same drugs brothers

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't listen to the full tape, but I listened to the snippets for New English and it definitely slaps. From the beats alone it kept me awake longer than Purple Reign did.

Dude still has no future. No pun intended.

FZZ

Banned
Didn't listen to the full tape, but I listened to the snippets for New English and it definitely slaps. From the beats alone it kept me awake longer than Purple Reign did.

Dude still has no future. No pun intended.

Did you hear timmy turner?

Next #1 single

Desiigner IS the future

smfh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did you hear timmy turner?

Next #1 single

Desiigner IS the future

smfh
desiigninignere.gif

I keep singing the hook to Timmy Turner...and I laughed my ass off when I first saw that freestyle. After listening to New English, he should stay away from autotune since it really makes him sound like Future but he's onto something dope.

This might be good news. Ghost was executive producer to pratically all the classics

It's definitely good news. A Better Tomorrow had a few cool tracks such as the Ruckus in B Minor, but overall it was just way too soft for a Wu cd.

That part is at the end of Easy Bake, but sadly waaaaay too short. Damn this full song should have been Easy Bake.

90059 is even more disappointing in hindsight of Still Brazy and the Blankface stuff so far. Jay Rock needs dope ass west coast production mixed with some very dark, sinister production. 90059 felt like some type of mixtape you throw out before your actual album comes out. Given that Top Dawg said Jay Rock is coming out with something again soon I think it's safe to say that 90059 was a disappointment to them too.

It's not bad. Fly On The Wall and some other tracks are dope. Then there are glaring fuck ups like not having the full Easy Bake track on the album. Just doesn't make sense to waste a great SZA hook and cut a dope Kendrick verse like that.

Yup. The ones you mentioned are definitely nice ones and i believe it was The Message that is really dope as hell. But the way he was experimenting with flows and his voice is not what we need. Recently i listened to Follow me Home again but also his From hood tales to the cover of XXL and man...that is some awesome shit.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Its funny.. when that xxl freestyle dropped. All these youtube vids popped up with a beat in the background. Some with some decent production.

But the official designer production sounds so much better than i imagined. I cant imagine it being a radio/club hit. But im excited to bump in the car.

he just has an iffy half of a year and people already calling doom.

remember how fucking hot his career was from Monster (Oct. '14) to WATTBA (Sept '15)

He released 5 projects and all of them were legit good.

FZZ

Banned
Thugger is going to be the only modern trap artist surviving after the wave dies

Next wave is New York adlibbing drill inspired shit led by Desiigner and upbeat gloss trap that Thugger, Uzi, and Yacthy gonna propel to the masses

What a time

Future's career actually might be hinging on the release of BM16

Tokubetsu

Thugger is going to be the only modern trap artist surviving after the wave dies

Next wave is New York adlibbing drill inspired shit led by Desiigner and upbeat gloss trap that Thugger, Uzi, and Yacthy gonna propel to the masses

What a time

Future's career actually might be hinging on the release of BM16

Future is fine, and Thugger is fine.

FZZ

Banned
memes done fucked up the rap game

not even Future can fight against memes

edit: That fucking freestyle is at 3 million views in less than a week lmfaoooo

Snoop's album does not live up to Super Crip, unfortunately. BUSH was way more fun, groovy, and consistent. And a hell of a lot shorter.

And Legend, the intro, bangs, but is shameless. Classic case of when Keeping it Relevant goes too far.

Super Crip, Got Those, Coolaid Man, and Light It Up might be the only standouts on this tbh.

Another Q video is coming tomorrow. He had his listening party tonight and there are snippets of a few song s on twitter. I'm trying not to hype it up after the Oxy disappointment, but it's sounding really good.

Another Q video is coming tomorrow. He had his listening party tonight and there are snippets of a few song s on twitter. I'm trying not to hype it up after the Oxy disappointment, but it's sounding really good.
He mentioned the Miguel track is something the label made him do. Kinda wonder if that's the next single lol. That Part is doing well on radio but another Studio like radio track will prob help him more. Still I'm excited. Sounds like there are only a couple tracks like that on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom