• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jungle Rules is like 90% "omg French, we lost so much money on that leak last year, jump on all the trends and GET THEM STREAMS, FAM!"

Not a lot here for the wavy warriors.

Koozek

She's actually been dropping songs, even mixtapes, but they haven't been nearly as dope as Ten Ratchet Commandments etc. she broke out with.
Oh, I see. Guess nobody posting anything here at all in the last 2-3 years or so made me think she hasn't dropped anything since.

Koozek

0kiXlVf.gif

That Toy Story reveal for Kingdom Hearts was super impressive.

It looked just as good as the OG Toy Story and the scale of the world is impressive too.

____

No, but this listen was even better (also new headphones that are a lot beter).
I thought it was great last time.

Gotcha. Dope, I kinda did the same. Heard it in the car for the first few listens then months later came back for a thorough listen with some nicer headphones and again with monitors and it was a lot better than I first gave it credit for.

Koozek

Haven't listened to it since two weeks after release, tbh. Was the same with TPAB. As much as I appreciate them I rarely feel like I want to go back to Kendrick's albums after listening to them heavily the first 2 weeks.

Bacon

There's still a few songs in the middle of that album that are just auto skips for me. I just cannot get into Love, lust, or loyalty. Other than those songs the album is real good, but I honestly think those three tracks are near the bottom of kendrick's entire discography.

Courage

One of the things I like about DAMN. is that he isn't adhering to a structure like GKMC with the overarching 'story' and the poem in TPAB. DAMN. instead feels much looser, even though there are certain themes and elements that pervade the album (death, religion, Kid Capri drops, Kung Fu Kenny, the album looping back on itself). Each track is kind of its own distinct sounding vignette, which makes it easy to go back to. I never go back to TPAB, while I go back to almost every track on DAMN, except maybe Lust and Duckworth.

Catvoca

Banned
I re-played TPAB heavily and for a long time, but DAMN. left my rotation very quickly.

Yeah, I dropped it way quicker than his last two. I listen to the highlights but pretty much never the full album because there's too many clunkers.

Still bumping Goldlink daily though.

GODDAMN HAVE YOU SEEN THAT GIRL
HAVE YOU SEEN THAT GIRL

danc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom