• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

H33p45h.gif

That quote doesnt mean the album is about women. It means it's about embracing difficult issues. Or at least one of the themes . like kendrick said in that same interview. Hes done with simply identifying the problem.

As long as it's nothing like his terrible features I'll be happy.
Which ones? I really liked his features on the Iasaiah Rahsad, Mistah fab,danny brown albums and 21 shots song(especially the mini hov homage bars), i liked his goosbumps verse and the hook he did on Mac Miller's album was the best thing on the project.

His pop feats were trash tho

Which ones? I really liked his features on the Iasaiah Rahsad, Mistah fab,danny brown albums and 21 shots song(especially the mini hov homage bars), i liked his goosbumps verse and the hook he did on Mac Miller's album was the best thing on the project.

His pop feats were trash tho
I dislike pretty much every feature he's done in the past two years and have been praying that his album is nothing like them.

FZZ

Banned
Zelda done fucked up the game for every developer worldwide sans Rockstar maybe

all your faves gonna get even harsher review scores now

I don't even wanna know what the fuck happened with ME: A

BoTW spoiled me brehs, I know I won't play a game that good til Super Mario Odyssey

kttcoliwow

jmon

Koozek

Zelda done fucked up the game for every developer worldwide sans Rockstar maybe

all your faves gonna get even harsher review scores now

I don't even wanna know what the fuck happened with ME: A

BoTW spoiled me brehs, I know I won't play a game that good til Super Mario Odyssey

kttcoliwow

jmon
I wonder how FFXV would've reviewed if it came out after Zelda, Horizon, and NieR
JgZs64Q.png

And what does "jmon" mean? Maybe I'm too old (probable) or you just can't speak normally (also probable).

EDIT: Frfr, though, I kinda do feel like critics are too hyperbolic when it comes to Zelda, and I'm saying this as a huge, life-long Zelda fanboy. After TP and SS I don't trust reviews on Zelda games anymore (SS has no business being anywhere near a 90). I'm sure BOTW is great (haven't played it yet because I don't wanna get an expensive-ass Switch just for one game, right now), but "THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME"?

FZZ

Banned
I expect <1% of human being to know what jmon is

fr fr tho is common knowledge

anyways jmon is just something my friends used to always say rather than cmon and it would annoy the living shit out of me, eventually I just started using it on gaf and now it stuck

also it's from Michael Jackson smh

LionPride

Banned
Yes, even that feature, literally every feature.
I was livid when I saw the majority of people acting as though his verse on the That Part Remix was better than Jay Rocks.

Edit: Except for Vice City, that was lit, and Easy Bake.
Hold hold hold

Jay Rock was shit on That Part
His verse on Thundercat's albums was fine
Really Doe was fine
Goosebumps was weird
His featute on the Isiah Rashad album was good

schoolboy had the best verse on that part remix and vice city
So fingers to the badges
They don't love you 'til the racks evolve
When I was broke they wouldn't accept the call
Now they on me for my decimals
Blank Face's gotta X 'em off
Enemies gotta bob and weave
Gangbangin' like we stand for somethin'
When Alton Sterling gettin' killed for nothin'
Two cowards in the car, they're just there to film
Sayin' BlackLivesMatter should've died with him
Wrong nigga in your hood, you gon' ride on him
White nigga with a badge, you gon' let that slide?
Tell me how they sent that footage off and slept that night
I feel bad that my daughter gotta live this life
I'll die for my daughter, gotta fight this fight
his delivery on those bars was powerful as fuck

also, if we're going all the way back to 2015, kendrick's deep water verse>>>

Hold hold hold

Jay Rock was shit on That Part
His verse on Thundercat's albums was fine
Really Doe was fine
Goosebumps was weird
His featute on the Isiah Rashad album was good
I've never heard anything so wrong (well I have but not today).
And I'm not saying Kendrick's been bad, I just hate the style he's been using.
Holy Key too, didn't like that.
schoolboy had the best verse on that part remix and vice city

his delivery on those bars was powerful as fuck

also, if we're going all the way back to 2015, kendrick's deep water verse>>>
You're right, that was 2015, Deep Water and Darkside Gone were both great.

Dereck

Jay Rock had the best verse on the That Part Remix.

Kendrick's verse was technical fuckery that's fun to listen to but is a grating standout on the track.

Soul's verse was lazy and sounded like he wrote it in 10 minutes and didn't even finish it.

Q's verse was great.

Jay Rock had the best verse on the That Part Remix.

Kendrick's verse was technical fuckery that's fun to listen to but is a grating standout on the track.

Soul's verse was lazy and sounded like he wrote it in 10 minutes and didn't even finish it.

Q's verse was great.

Peeps stay sleeping on the homie Jay Rock.

Vice City should've woken people up. Such a great track.
nah, he was aight on that.

If anything,his verse on Money Trees should have put him on the map but TDE failed to capitalize on that and all the hype they had in 2013.90059 was decent, they should have definitely not dropped the best song on the whole album as the first single though(money trees pt II).What Rock needs is that knock-it-outta-the-park project.

Maybe his upcoming album that has been "80%" done for the last year will do it.

He'll probably be the best in TDE if he had a classic album/mixtape to hang his head over.

Those old mixtapes are amazing, I was late to them but when I heard them they were all great. follow me home is underrated but not promoted either. This 3rd project should interesting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This has to be the realest shit ever tweeted.

eyvrynuadlmy.jpg

lmao. I want it now. Mawfucka made us wait two years doing live shows performing unreleased songs. I feel like dude right now.

3a15307.png
I was trying so hard to find this image like a day ago, glad someone did.

twitter rumors saying that kendrick drops in less than a month. before his coachella performance.
These rumours of x artist dropping y album before z performance are always wrong.

HiResDes

I'd probably put Sza over him honestly just off the potential she has and the strength of S. One of the best pop albums I've heard in the past decade.

Ab Soul used to be better than Jay Rock. Now he's pretty terrible. Who cares about either

Q, Kendrick and Rashad are it now

The thing about Joe Rock though is that if Kendrick or Q ask him for a feature he comes through big time.

What's the word, Money Trees and That Part. &#128293;&#128293;

HiiiLife

Are any collectives really still doing it in 2017?

Seems when all these groups came out (OF, Black Hippy, ASAP) years ago they had projects from members people seemed to love.

Soulo trash now

Bronx-Man

Banned
Top 5 dudes in the game rn

Run the Jewels
Hopsin
Immortal Technique
Tech N9ne
Eminem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom