• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVII| I don't really care if /mu/ cry

Nibel

jjKI7D0.png

buBCpoG.png

💀💀

Has Vince admitted to being an absurdist or nihilist with no interest in ideological consistency, only living to provoke people regardless of hypocrisy?

@Koozek, Icolin, Nabs. Thanks for the slum village recs.

Ah ok, now I understand. What about this allegation that Drake ghost writes for him?
That one might just be KTT losing its head, but on "Live Up To My Name" and his new single, Drake has composer credits, which is an odd thing considering it's not Drake's song. The other case I can think of where this happens is with PND's "Not Nice", where a Drake-sung version exists.

It is more likely that Drake either contributes bars to the song to help Baka out or these songs are Drake rejects that Baka took. Either way, I was super drunk when I wrote that initial post, not only on alcohol but on some of the KTT Kool-Aid as well.

I don't like Baka because of the whole human trafficking thing, so I'll do my best to avoid him, regardless of Drake writing Baka's stuff or not.

Kaizer

Banned
I know I'm mad late on this, but just discovered YBN Nahmir's "Rubbin' Off The Paint" & it's literally just Magnolia again lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Went back and listened to the first SATURATION and it's definitely a huge step down in pretty much all respects IMO; production (clearly), songwriting and lyrics (bit more arguable) etc. SATURATION II just has way better vibes, and I think the level of production is so much higher that it makes all the difference in the world. The sequencing is pretty random at best, I think that hurts it too, something that's especially noticeable when that never crosses your mind listening to other posse/compilation albums like say Grateful.

GOLD and BOYS are the best songs on there, and 2PAC, TRIP, MILK, and FACE are okay-to-good, but yeah not much to talk about otherwise.

HiiiLife

Went back and listened to the first SATURATION and it's definitely a huge step down in pretty much all respects IMO; production (clearly), songwriting and lyrics (bit more arguable) etc. SATURATION II just has way better vibes, and I think the level of production is so much higher that it makes all the difference in the world. The sequencing is pretty random at best, I think that hurts it too, something that's especially noticeable when that never crosses your mind listening to other posse/compilation albums like say Grateful.

GOLD and BOYS are the best songs on there, and 2PAC, TRIP, MILK, and FACE are okay-to-good, but yeah not much to talk about otherwise.

Fake tho.

Still haven’t decided who I think is the best in the group. Matt champtions style is dope, tho.

Catvoca

Banned

Disagree. The sequencing is bad on both and both have filler, but personally more of Sat 1 hits. That opening of Heat - Gold - Star - Boys is the best sequence of songs they have.

So with his contributions on Heatstroke and Ice Melts, and his groundbreaking verses on Sacrifices and We Ball..Young Thug is definitely getting feature killer of the year right?

Dereck

Culture Vulture will never not be a funny phrase to me, not funny because it's not true but funny because two words that rhyme have such a relevant meaning

I can't condone this Post slander considering he has three amazing songs in his discography: "Rockstar", "Broken Whiskey Glass", and "No Reason" (if the patchwork of leaks is anything to go by).

Moonkid

Album closer on the new CL is something special. Starting to vibe with the album as a whole now, helps that red white and blue sounds like it could have been from Oneirology if they changed the lyrics a little bit.

Moonkid

Dunno if yall have talked about it already but Harmony of difference is really, really nice. The way it handles its central motif makes it feel like a journey, a 5 song buildup for the 13 minute finale.

Dunno if yall have talked about it already but Harmony of difference is really, really nice. The way it handles its central motif makes it feel like a journey, a 5 song buildup for the 13 minute finale.
Too good. I saw the "Truth" video at an art museum and oh god, hearing the buildup with good speakers and the music video was just....amazing. I got goosebumps.

How Pusha T Went From The Clipse to Head of G.O.O.D. Music | Blueprint

DROP THE ALBUM PUSH. FEED THE STREETS AND THE HARD-DRIVES OF SUBURBAN HIP-HOP HEADS.

Moonkid

Too good. I saw the "Truth" video at an art museum and oh god, hearing the buildup with good speakers and the music video was just....amazing. I got goosebumps.
Shiet, the video itself is pretty special, seeing it in that setting would be something else. The single cover art is pretty cool too.

Speaking of art museums, my city art museum is doing a weekly series where they get a local artist to perform. Last week they had a hip hop group called SWIDT but I couldn't go :c

Top Bottom