• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, I think I'm done with Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I see why Sony dosent want to go to E3 this year. Almost every good game is on xbox and will look better on xbox one x.

That pretty much proves he wont be missing out of much at all.

Not all, some are exclusives but yes for others it would be a waste of PR bucks perhaps. People that do not switch to the X, not an insignificant number, will buy the games while they can perhaps focus on their own special events... let’s see what they have planned.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I see why Sony dosent want to go to E3 this year. Almost every good game is on xbox and will look better on xbox one x.

That pretty much proves he wont be missing out of much at all.

People were saying Xbox won E3 2018, but we know people remember the biggest games from Sony going forward while MS is still behind playing catch up.

Closer

Which would combined cost less than an One X.

One S is going to get you inferior performance on current-gen titles compared to base PS4 and as to the state of BC on it, I have no idea because nobody talks about it apparently.

He would need a PS4 Pro and a PS3 to compare to the One X.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Exactly! Thanks for helping prove my point.

TLOU2 - 3rd person cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
GoT - 3rd person cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
Days Gone - 3rd person cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
FF7 - It's not made by a 1st party dev, so it has potential. Who knows when it's coming.
Wild - I forgot all about this game seeing as it hasn't been mentioned in almost 4 years. Scalebound has more hype than this game, and that's a canceled game.
Dreams - This game could actually diversify Sony's portfolio... Of course I played Project Spark years ago, so I have no interest.
Erica - Completely throwing away any excuse to not use the term 'movie games', Erica is literally just a movie... Sold as a game.

Yeah, Sony's going to need to do better than that to diversify it's lineup. Especially in the AAA space.

Your fanboying is in full force.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
Metal Gear Solid V - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding
Sekiro - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding

Hmm..

Looks like a common theme if the game has stealth mechanics.

This makes me believe you don't play many games at all or you're just ignoring the fact that most big budget games are also third person, cinematic that uses similar stealth mechanics.

You can be sure the new Splinter Cell will also be "3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding"

petran79

Banned
Once Sony start censoring content that are not perverted or pedophilia in nature then we can discuss your argument more. But for not the content censored I have seen is mostly just that to avoid the "pedo shit"

Not that Sony did not advertise that "pedo shit" in their previous consoles to gain more players. Where were the outraged then? All peacefully coexisted

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
DForce DForce
To put Sekiro into that camp makes no sense

Third person? Check
Hiding in bushes with stealth mechanics? Check.
Cinematic cut-scenes? Check.

It's just a weak argument people make to say all PS third person games are the same when in fact most triple A third person games feature similar elements.

Lightsbane

First off my main reason for not supporting the Switch is that it is drastically underpowered and delivers visual quality that I find unacceptable for my TV.

That honestly speaks more about your TV's inability to properly upscale the signal, than it does about the Switch.

You shouldn't be having many (if any) problems. Maybe a bit of added softness, but the image should still be excellent.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Not all, some are exclusives but yes for others it would be a waste of PR bucks perhaps. People that do not switch to the X, not an insignificant number, will buy the games while they can perhaps focus on their own special events... let’s see what they have planned.

Lets not pander, X is relatively insignificant in terms of global market-share. The overwhelming majority of Xbox users will have an S or original model, and their numbers will be dwarfed in turn compared to the install-base of the standard PS4.

This year marketing for next-gen systems is going to ramp-up hard, meaning we should realistically expect sales for the most expensive device in its class to plateau or fall. The truth is that its only unique selling point is power, and that's unlikely to be an enduring advantage.

2018 will likely be X's best year for sales. Tail-end of generations historically have always favored price-point, Sony's $199 Spiderman bundles being a typical expression of the phenomenon.

Vtecomega

Banned
I think we can tone down the political aggression and focus more on the games and a bit more reasoned (earned too) critique. We can have higher quality and less intentionally incendiary posting than this really.
Sony has zero ambitions, and all their AAA studios are mediocre to decent that output ordinary cinematic games with gameplay taking a backseat. Sony are too busy forcing SJW propaganda down our throats instead of developing some groundbreaking titles.

Lets see.

Naughty dog - A bunch of hipster sjw morons that use the gaming platform to spread their political views. The last Naughty dog game I truly enjoyed was Jak 2. Everything else since then has been rubbish. Terribly paced games, terrible dialog, cinematic walking sim trash.

Sony Santa Monica - God of war is a title so completely overrated and broken that I was astonished it wasn't made by a low tier indy developer. You spend most of the time pressing forward whilst talking to your cringy ass son, holding a boar, picking flowers, walking some more, fighting tree sap enemies, fighting 100th re skin trolls, fighting more tree sap enemies, fight more re skinned trolls, open chest, walk more, open chest, walk more, spread ashes on top of mountain. " 11 / 10 ign " This is LITERALLY the entire game summarized.

Guerrilla Games - Lets focus all our efforts on making the most generic open world imaginable, lets make the most male looking female to appease all the SJW journalists out there and combine that with a limited combat system. 11/ 10.

Insomniac - Ratchet and Clank was good but can be completed by the time I finish my coffee. Spiderman was completely awful and almost a carbon copy of Arkham games. When was the last time you heard someone talk about it?

Sony absolutely have more exclusives than Microsoft, there is no doubting that. But what fucking good is that when they are all mediocre overrated crap? I have only owned my xbox x for a month now and I honestly cant remember having this much fun playing games. It truly rejuvenated my love for gaming. Countless third party games that look vastly superior, play better, superior animations, and a far better eco system than crappy ps plus.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That honestly speaks more about your TV's inability to properly upscale the signal, than it does about the Switch.

You shouldn't be having many (if any) problems. Maybe a bit of added softness, but the image should still be excellent.
Or it legitimately means it looks like crap.

On my TV upscaled 1080p looks pretty good and upscaled 1440p looks outstanding.

720p is simply not good.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony has zero ambitions, and all their AAA studios are mediocre to decent that output ordinary cinematic games with gameplay taking a backseat. Sony are too busy forcing SJW propaganda down our throats instead of developing some groundbreaking titles.

Lets see.

Naughty dog - A bunch of hipster sjw morons that use the gaming platform to spread their political views. The last Naughty dog game I truly enjoyed was Jak 2. Everything else since then has been rubbish. Terribly paced games, terrible dialog, cinematic walking sim trash.

Sony Santa Monica - God of war is a title so completely overrated and broken that I was astonished it wasn't made by a low tier indy developer. You spend most of the time pressing forward whilst talking to your cringy ass son, holding a boar, picking flowers, walking some more, fighting tree sap enemies, fighting 100th re skin trolls, fighting more tree sap enemies, fight more re skinned trolls, open chest, walk more, open chest, walk more, spread ashes on top of mountain. " 11 / 10 ign " This is LITERALLY the entire game summarized.

Guerrilla Games - Lets focus all our efforts on making the most generic open world imaginable, lets make the most male looking female to appease all the SJW journalists out there and combine that with a limited combat system. 11/ 10.

Insomniac - Ratchet and Clank was good but can be completed by the time I finish my coffee. Spiderman was completely awful and almost a carbon copy of Arkham games. When was the last time you heard someone talk about it?

Sony absolutely have more exclusives than Microsoft, there is no doubting that. But what fucking good is that when they are all mediocre overrated crap? I have only owned my xbox x for a month now and I honestly cant remember having this much fun playing games. It truly rejuvenated my love for gaming. Countless third party games that look vastly superior, play better, superior animations, and a far better eco system than crappy ps plus.

This thread is going places.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

What exactly have you been playing? Come on, I need a good laugh!

GamesAreFun

Banned
Or it legitimately means it looks like crap.

On my TV upscaled 1080p looks pretty good and upscaled 1440p looks outstanding.

720p is simply not good.
I'm guessing you're still a teenager? If you'd grown up playing games on the SNES or PS1 you wouldn't place so much importance on resolution, ultimately it's a minor detail for a game.

93xfan

Banned
If that's all you care about why not pick up a used PS3?

Will likely cost you less, plays ps1 discs as well as digital issues, is a dvd/blu-ray player/smart TV box, has free online etc.

Playstation Classic was more a novelty than anything else, that its gotten so much coverage just tells me some people are just hungry to have something to bitch about.

Actually that sums up this thread quite nicely.

Have one. That’s not all I care about, but it’s a good part of it.

MS offers game pass
Does BC very well. All sorts of improvements with those games.
Allows for cross play.
Takes care if their most beloved online games (vs how Sony has treated Socom)
Doesn’t censor content.
Allows for better mod support
Has keyboard and mouse support on the way (hoping the C&C remasters come to Xbox).
Seems to be more secure.

Sony on the other hand has shareplay and a faster OS and better single player exclusives.

I’m leaning towards Xbox next gen.

Three

Can't say I really agree with the diversity claim.
When did the last motostorm release? Demons Souls? Really?

Taking the current gen exclusives into consideration...
Almost all of thier AAA releases have been third person single player cinematic games that feature a lot of walking, climbing, and hiding in bushes. It's pretty apparent at this point that Sony's devs have been given Naughty Dog's Toolset and it shows. Bloodborne and Spiderman are both different, but that is because they are third party devs.

While they have released games like R&C and Gravity Rush, I'd like to see more diversity from Sony. Diversity is Sony's weakness when you look at the diversity MS and Nintendo are putting out.

Nintendo having games like BoTW, Smash, and Splatoon alone has more diversity than almost all of Sony.

MS having games like QB, Ori, Sea of Thieves, Cuphead, and Sunset Overdrive alone has more diversity than almost all of Sony.

With Nintendo just beginning to hit it's stride with the switch, and MS aquiring studios left and right, this disparity is only going to grow. Sony's game portfolio needs a genre refresh.

This is what being selectively is about. You talk about AAA, completely ignore spiderman then mention things like Ori and cuphead for diversity while ignoring countless Sony games. Come on man why pretend MS AAA has been much outside of the same Halo, Gears, Forza for years on end.
Have one. That’s not all I care about, but it’s a good part of it.

MS offers game pass
Does BC very well. All sorts of improvements with those games.
Allows for cross play.
Takes care if their most beloved online games (vs how Sony has treated Socom)
Doesn’t censor content.
Allows for better mod support
Has keyboard and mouse support on the way (hoping the C&C remasters come to Xbox).
Seems to be more secure.

Sony on the other hand has shareplay and a faster OS and better single player exclusives.

I’m leaning towards Xbox next gen.

Sony offer PSNow which allows you to download PS4 games much like gamepass as well as stream PS3 games.
Sony offers VR xbox offers nothing.
Sony has the 'censored' content to begin with xbox doesn't even have those games for them to be censored in the first place.
Sony allow for cross play even though they are market leaders.
I don't even know what to say about the SOCOM comment because if that was a Microsoft game MS would have killed it years before Sony. Sony give more of a chance to troubled or projected low selling franchises more than MS ever has.

Last edited:

Sparda

Banned

Lets see.

ms dickriding.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm guessing you're still a teenager? If you'd grown up playing games on the SNES or PS1 you wouldn't place so much importance on resolution, ultimately it's a minor detail for a game.
That's seriously how you're responding? By attacking the fact that I don't like low resolution and think it now looks bad? Wow.

I happen to think graphics are a pretty big deal and so do a lot of people on here. Those who own 4K TVs, bought the Pro/X, have high end PCs.

For your information I played in those eras and thought they looked fine for their time.

Last edited:

Three

ms dickriding.
There is no need for that. his PS4 broke several times or something so he is a bit pissed. He got an xbox and didn't have one before so he is joining at the tail end of the gen so has a backlog of games and a honeymoon period with a new console. Couldn't disagree more with his downplaying of great games on PS4 though.

Your fanboying is in full force.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
Metal Gear Solid V - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding
Sekiro - 3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding

Hmm..

Looks like a common theme if the game has stealth mechanics.

This makes me believe you don't play many games at all or you're just ignoring the fact that most big budget games are also third person, cinematic that uses similar stealth mechanics.

You can be sure the new Splinter Cell will also be "3rd Person Cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding"
The issue with that is these games are made by a different 3rd party company, Sony owns every game that plays the same.

Last edited:

Shmunter

My only desire is for a proper follow up to Killzone 2 and Driveclub 2 with VR support.

Printing money right there. Yes I may be deluding myself.

Three

The issue with that is these games are made by a different 3rd party company, Sony owns every game that plays the same.
Those games don't play the same at all. In fact we don't even know how exactly it plays because they are not even out.

If you actually look how stupidly reductive the descriptor is

TLOU2 - 3rd person cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
GoT - 3rd person cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.
Days Gone - 3rd person cinematic featuring stealth bush hiding.

You would see that this hiding element is a common gameplay mechanic in games that could play completely differently

3rd person is a broad stroke pretending to be specific.
'Cinematic' what the fuck does that even mean? That it simply has cutscenes?

State of decay: 3rd person shooting game featuring stealth wall hiding
Crackdown: 3rd person shooting game featuring stealth wall hiding
Gears of War: 3rd person shooting game featuring stealth wall hiding

A bush is just your fucking wall with free movement. It's bloody stupid to suggest games play the same because they share a common stealth mechanic.

Last edited:

loki 16

I have the perfect gaming trifecta with a PS4, Switch, and PC. All offer different things that I enjoy. Microsoft offers nothing of value to me. Most Microsoft exclusives are on PC and I play multiplayer games on PS4 because all of my friends are there. Unless Microsoft does something drastically differently I don't see my self buying the next Xbox.

Vtecomega

Banned
What exactly have you been playing? Come on, I need a good laugh!

- Skyrim SE with shit ton of mods that make it VASTLY superior to the PS4 version

- Red dead redemption which is far superior compared to the PS4 pro version

- Forza Horizon 4

- Forza 7

- Doom - Near native 4k, better visuals and animations, better screen space reflections, textures. Just a far better experience.

- Rise of the tomb raider

- Rocket league

- Shadow of war - Completely demolishes the ps pro version.

- Justice league 2

- Halo MCC - Native 4k / HDR. Sony still doesn't have a shooter comparable to halo. I've been having a ball playing Halo MP again with friends.

- Gears of war series in native 4k with enhanced visuals. First time I have experience this series and I am having a ball.

- Ori and Blind forrest - Absolutely love it

- Ashen - Still early but it seems like a dark souls clone so far.

- Home front - Native 4k with none of the performance issues the ps4 version has.

- Pubg

- Metro series

- Hitman 2

- Path of exile

- Diablo 3

These are all the games currently installed on my xbox x played with an elite controller. All of the said games offer a vastly superior experience compared to the PS4 pro. There is no way anyone could sit down with an elite controller, play the list of games I have mentioned above and then go back to the PS4 and have the same enjoyable experience.

Did you have a good laugh?

Knock it off with the personal insults.
- Skyrim SE with shit ton of mods that make it VASTLY superior to the PS4 version

- Forza Horizon 4

- Forza 7

- Doom - Near native 4k, better visuals and animations, better screen space reflections, textures. Just a far better experience.

- Rocket league

- Justice league 2

- Halo MCC - Native 4k / HDR. Sony still doesn't have a shooter comparable to halo. I've been having a ball playing Halo MP again with friends.

- Gears of war series in native 4k with enhanced visuals. First time I have experience this series and I am having a ball.

- Home front - Native 4k with none of the performance issues the ps4 version has.

- Pubg

- Metro series

- Hitman 2

- Path of exile

- Diablo 3

These are all the games currently installed on my xbox x played with an elite controller. All of the said games offer a vastly superior experience compared to the PS4 pro. There is no way anyone could sit down with an elite controller, play the list of games I have mentioned above and then go back to the PS4 and have the same enjoyable experience.

I did, what a fucking a loser...you are. 80% of your list is either cross-platform or better on PC.

Which leaves...let's count to 1...2...3 exclusives...wow!

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

There's no problem.

Every stealth third person game has similar gameplay elements.

Xbox fans complain that Sony makes too many cinematic video games, yet praise Quantum Break, Halo 5, Gears of War 4, Gears of War 5 and Ryse when these games all of that cinematic experience. Their excuse is that "gameplay generally takes a back seat" and that is not true. A lot of big budget games have cinematic story modes.. Even fighting games are doing it.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
MindlessIckyCaribou-small.gif

God damn, this thread just turn in to System Wars. All is left is people start calling each "cows" and "lems" and transformation will be complete.

Iorv3th

- Forza Horizon 4

- Forza 7

- Rocket league

- Justice league 2

- Pubg

- Metro series

- Hitman 2

- Path of exile

- Diablo 3

It's a pretty laughable list when you said you haven't really felt like you have had this much fun gaming in a long time and it's all because of Xbox being better than playstation? These are all games you can play on ps4 but a few. You can play almost all of them with even better resolutions and features on PC.

You acted like the xbox one exclusives were some huge great list while the PS4 was trash (you literally listed PS4 games and said they sucked). But your Xbox list is almost all third party games you could have enjoyed on PS4 as well.

I think this is just a console war shit thread. I don't even believe the OP. I think he made this thread knowing it would turn into a console war thread.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
That's seriously how you're responding? By attacking the fact that I don't like low resolution and think it now looks bad? Wow.

I happen to think graphics are a pretty big deal and so do a lot of people on here. Those who own 4K TVs, bought the Pro/X, have high end PCs.

For your information I played in those eras and thought they looked fine for their time.

Well graphics mattered a lot until One X released.

It’s crazy to see how emotional people are about their beloved platform, cursing other people for questioning their platform. I feel sorry for them.

Last edited:

Jetboxx

Sony has zero ambitions, and all their AAA studios are mediocre to decent that output ordinary cinematic games with gameplay taking a backseat. Sony are too busy forcing SJW propaganda down our throats instead of developing some groundbreaking titles
Agreed. Sony's first-party output has always been disappointing and mediocre. Their power has always been Japanese developers. But now, when we have the Switch and Steam... I don't own an Xbox One, but I think Microsoft might surprise us in the next generation, too.

Jetboxx

Most of those can be played on PlayStation with a superior controller (sticks that are aligned and no AA batteries)
Well, you know, as for me, having to charge your controller is a bad thing. And I like the Xbox One controller D-pad more.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Most of those can be played on PlayStation with a superior controller (sticks that are aligned and no AA batteries) and better PSN network. (More players online).

Checkmate.

But... that’s not superior. Actually the quote opposite.

Vtecomega

Banned
I did, what a fucking a loser...you are. 80% of your list is either cross-platform or better on PC.

Which leaves...let's count to 1...2...3 exclusives...wow!

Any need for that insult, tough guy? Bunch of keyboard warriors.

Which is exactly my point you illiterate corg. We arn't discussing PC are we? So 80% of these titles are best on xbox by a far margin, and most third party games are superior to any exclusive rubbish sony has. So that leaves you with mediocre exclusives and inferior 3rd party games. And in no way is the DS4 superior to the xbox elite controller. You people are truly delusional. You want to charge an xbox controller? Buy a charge kit for $20 and it lasts for 3 days.

On top of this, you have your very own beloved sony developers calling you a bunch of cunts and insulting their fanbase on twitter yet you continue to support them lol. Sony fan base is hands down the most toxic bunch of losers I have seen in any community. You guys get a bad wrap from Kiwifarms, reddit, even resetera of all places. You resort to insults and acting like little bitches when someone has an opposing opinion. This all factual.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The back and forth name calling is insanely productive.
Go to Gamespot's System Wars it basically same kind of shit as this thread. This type of argument doesn't even go anywhere, it just continuous back and forth until eventually they put each other on ignore list.

Neither MS, Sony or Nintendo give rat ass about people's "loyalty", they just want people's fucking money just like any other company. People should just enjoy what they like and stop caring about what anyone else thinks. There is no "better" console here, it just matter of taste.

I wish mods lock this thread already.

Well graphics mattered a lot until One X released.

It’s crazy to see how emotional people are about their beloved platform, cursing other people for questioning their platform. I feel sorry for them.
It was less so the "PS4 was more powerful than the XB1" and more so the price per power value, i.e. the "PS4 was more powerful than the XB1 at similar price".

Three

It was less so the "PS4 was more powerful than the XB1" and more so the price per power value, i.e. the "PS4 was more powerful than the XB1 at similar price".

The PS4 was actually 100 dollars cheaper than the xbox one yet we still had people defending the thing and saying graphics are not important/visible while defending kinect.

Anyway, The_Mike is using a comment about the Switch suggesting some PS fans flip-flopped. No surprises there though. I've seen none or very little of that here. Somebody coming from the Nintendo side would have always had the same opinion this entire gen and the previous one.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Most of those can be played on PlayStation with a superior controller (sticks that are aligned and no AA batteries) and better PSN network. (More players online).

Checkmate.

PS4 controller is now better than the elite lads whew this thread :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Outrunner

Sony are the only ones that bring out the fantastic games and unique experiences rather than just following the current money train. That’s why I stay with them, they are willing to gamble on things others would never dare do.

You mispelled Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom