• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF im torn on what tv to get help me out!

Cyanity

Banned
Doesn't GAF have a tv buying guide/thread?

edit - that said, I'd rule out the curved set. You can't even really tell that the screen is curved when looking straight on...it's kind of a fad.

The $1,399 set is probably good tbh

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University

I have a KS8000 in my living room and an 8500 in my bedroom. The picture quality is pretty amazing and the apps it has are all your basic watching apps and some others thrown in. I usually use my Nvidia Shield for other apps beside Netflix and Hulu. I do use PSNow on my bedroom TV, when I want a quick game I haven't played.

The streaming is really sound and looks good, HDR movies look ok in steaming, but I prefer HDR UHD Blurays on my XBox 1S. They look absolutely amazing.

For gaming, i don't think there is a better TV for input lag, especially in 4K and HDR. I believe rtings.com says the same thing about it. The picture quality added with HDR on games on the Pro and 1S, are ridiculously nice looking.

Cyanity

Banned
I have a KS8000 in my living room and an 8500 in my bedroom. The picture quality is pretty amazing and the apps it has are all your basic watching apps and some others thrown in. I usually use my Nvidia Shield for other apps beside Netflix and Hulu. I do use PSNow on my bedroom TV, when I want a quick game I haven't played.

The streaming is really sound and looks good, HDR movies look ok in steaming, but I prefer HDR UHD Blurays on my XBox 1S. They look absolutely amazing.

For gaming, i don't think there is a better TV for input lag, especially in 4K and HDR. I believe rtings.com says the same thing about it. The picture quality added with HDR on games on the Pro and 1S, are ridiculously nice looking.

HDR input lag reduction might be worth the extra money then, hm?

Do we know when new 2017 models are coming out?

Relatively new Ks8000 owner here. Had since Christmas. I was spoiled with my Panasonic plasma; as I've enjoyed the black levels plasmas offer. That being said other than that one setback I LOVE my new set!! Since this TV is LCD and black levels while better with newer LCDled are not nearly as good as plasma or OLED screens in terms of true blacks. For the money, refresh rates, size and form factor you can't go wrong with the KS8000.

Make sure it's in game mode or you'll experience input lag and stuttering, but once enabled and HDR is enabled this screen sings and is incredible! Uncharted 4 and Titanfall 2 made my eyes pop outta my head. Defiantly spend the time watching digital foundrys recommended settings for HDR and gaming on Samsung sets...it's not ready to go outta the box.

Top Bottom