• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 PS2 Tournament 1: In the Beginning...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
---Stolen from FMT---

It's time again, time for the awesomeness that is the madden GA tournaments. maybe some of you missed it last year, but we completed 10 tournaments for the PS2 version, and it was a lot of fun. many of us have moved onto the Xbox version, a few stayed with the PS2 version, and some of us will be participating in both. but, this thread is for the PS2 version only, so keep that in mind at all times!

We'll see how many people we can get in. I'm guessing 16-32 to be honest with you. Lets remember a few things though:

* LEGIT TOURNAMENT! no cheesing (and madden 2005, contrary to popular belief, will not be free of cheese)

* Remember, the madden servers probably won't be up and completely stable for about a week after release. It sucks that it won't be up and 100% reliable from day 1, but this is online gaming reality! So, don't get discouraged and lose interest and pout about it! It's going to happen, don't be surprised

* Don't even bother posting in this thread if you aren't going to particpate. It's only wasting everyones time, and then we have to scramble to find people when you flake

* As of right now, the official quarter length for RANKED games is going to be 4 minutes. This is according to EA themselves. This is going to be a RANKED tournament. It sucks, and I wish they would boost the quarter lengths to 5 mins at least, but what are you gonna do?

-------------

I would like to stress again that if you sign up participation is required! Nothing worse than having people sign up and then not show up for their games.

Just post in this topic if you are in, your EA Handle, and claim your team. :D

Players/EA Handle/Team
------------------------------------

1. Wellington - Crazy Killah - NY Giants
2. Rorschach - Rorschach - Oakland Raiders
3. Wasabiking - Wsbiking - Baltimore Ravens
4. Cubanb - Cubanb - Kansas City Chiefs
5. Ceros - Vysceron - Philly Eagles

I challenge you for the exclusive use of the Raiders! But for Tourney 1, I'll use the Ravens. LOOK OUT, RAY LEWIS IS COMING AFTER YOU!

Rorschach

WasabiKing said:
I challenge you for the exclusive use of the Raiders! But for Tourney 1, I'll use the Ravens. LOOK OUT, RAY LEWIS IS COMING AFTER YOU!
I thought you were all about the Ravens now, so I took the liberty. :p

PS: All the stores I've been to so far are sold out...it's 11am! ><

[edit] Ok finally have it! w00t.

You know for a fact that the ex-champ can dominate with any team and any QB, but no one knows the Raiders better than I do, from weaknesses to strong D. Besides, I let you have it since I don't want to hear you crying about how I get the Raiders in every tourney.

I don't care when we start it. Personally, with leagues, I'd rather wait until the real NFL season begins so we can have the correct players in the right positions. I really dislike how cheesers ruined custom rosters for 2005. I have to make edits as soon as I start the game. Anyway, where are the rest of you? Bob White? AParisi?

i can play dudes (i'll rent madden w/ my game freedom pass from blockbuster) but the problem is im going to vegas for 4 days starting tomorrow. if the tourney still isn't filled by monday i will play. otherwise perhaps i will join the next time :p

Ceros

Grr...Wasabi I saw you playing CK the other day but I got pissed cause when I went to challenge you, it said you were busy for like 5 minutes. Damn it I need someone good to play. Btw, Do most of you have headsets???

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ceros said:
Grr...Wasabi I saw you playing CK the other day but I got pissed cause when I went to challenge you, it said you were busy for like 5 minutes. Damn it I need someone good to play. Btw, Do most of you have headsets???

Wasabi and I have headsets, as does FMT.

I'll play you tonight if you want, though I am not very good. ;p I got my tourney game in ESPN tonight, are you going to be home at say around 7-ish?

Ceros

Lol. I suck so I want to play someone good so they can help me get better. But yea I should be on between 7-8 EST.

well, if you see me on, just send me an invite anyway, or a message. I'll hang on for at least one session of Rushing Attack.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Ceros. Only thing I can really comment on is your coverage. Don't be afraid to double, bump, or back off if you feel you need to. And don't let an LB cover my RB on third and long. :|

I bet had you played with a team you were familiar with you would have scored a lot more. Nice run with Portis. I accidently triple teamed Laverneus Coles leaving no safeties to stop Portis. :(

Wonder wtf was up with voice chat in that game.

Wellington said:
GG Ceros. Only thing I can really comment on is your coverage. Don't be afraid to double, bump, or back off if you feel you need to. And don't let an LB cover my RB on third and long. :|

I bet had you played with a team you were familiar with you would have scored a lot more. Nice run with Portis. I accidently triple teamed Laverneus Coles leaving no safeties to stop Portis. :(

Wonder wtf was up with voice chat in that game.

You can actually reset defensive audibles by pressing triangle and the R2 if you know you screwed up... I'm always down to put on an unranked clinic for those who ahve a mic, as well. I know how frustrating this game is, and it's nice to be able learn as you play while someone is explaining the fundamentals...

Ceros

WasabiKing said:
You can actually reset defensive audibles by pressing triangle and the R2 if you know you screwed up... I'm always down to put on an unranked clinic for those who ahve a mic, as well. I know how frustrating this game is, and it's nice to be able learn as you play while someone is explaining the fundamentals...

Thats exactly what I need and I'd appreciate it if you tought me some basics. Are you going to be on today?

SickBoy

Just to weigh in, I haven't bought Madden 2005 because:

- It was clear there was going to be this Xbox/PS2 rift.
- I still enjoy playing Madden 2004.
- Having moved and blowing the moving budget significantly, cash is a bit tight.
- Now that I've paid the money for ESPN, I figure I should get a bit more play out of it.

Sorry to see the PS2 side of the equation sucking so much though, guys. :( If there's still action later in the year, I'll probably get in on it.

-SB

Ceros said:
Wasabi??? Are you going to play anytime soon??

Oh man, sorry about that, let's schedule some time on 8/24. One real game to start, so I can figure out what you're doing right/wrong, then an unranked game so I can break down everything.

Ceros

Whenever lol. Long as its not in the morning cause I'm like a vampire...I'm not up until like 5 pm. I'm gonna use the Eagles this time.

Top Bottom