• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden X-box Tournament I: A New Hope! SIGN UP NOW!

Maverick

This sucks guys, I still can't get past the goddamn "Connection to EA Server for Terms and Conditions" screen. I connect to XBL fine though.

Fifty

Mr. Bob and Cuban B are the missing ones, right?

It's kind of funny we had a freaking waiting list for the doomed ESPN league, yet we can't get 16 for a Madden tournament.

cubanb

Banned
guys, sorry for fucking this tourney up. I had to work OT today and I wasnt able to pick up my xbox copy of madden. I got my activation code for XBL and will pick up the game tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, I will still play in the league and everything, I just feel bad for screwing up this tourney. If anyone else wants to play in my place. Please sign up before the deadline.

hgplayer1

Im finding it pretty funny how hyped everyone seems to be for tournies and online play but when it comes time to sign up and show up........its a whole different story.

2 months ago I would have guessed that we would have completed at least one season and many tournaments by this point and time. granted, most of this is due to poor servers on ESPNs part but even now with Madden the lack of enthusiasm is beggining to show.

cubanb

Banned
actually we had many tournaments last year for madden and I know there would have been a league if such an option would have been avaliable. Plain and simple I fucked up. last year we played on ps2 and this year it will be primarily xbox, im sure we lost a few people that way, but I still look forward to the league and I know it will work out great on GA

Fifty

Uh....I get the Pats...The 99 rated Pats. I played with them against Matrix earlier tonight, and they are monsters in this game. Damn, what an unlucky draw. :p At least if I get past them in round one I won't have to face them in the finals.

We have 48 hours....When do you want to play?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I got Drey1082 and the mighty Packers...Im going to be out fast :(

GO TEXANS!

Drey I sent you a friend request,just post here when you want to play.

Maverick

Hey, the Ravens D is a bitch too, Fifty. I fully expect a 3-0 win for the Ravens. =P

Hell, me and HG played the other day, Ravens vs. Cowboys and it was 0-0 until the 4th.

I can play whenever you want today.

Slo

dskillz, I pretty much have to play at night after my kids are in bed. Any time after 10 Central is good. What works for you?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slo said:
dskillz, I pretty much have to play at night after my kids are in bed. Any time after 10 Central is good. What works for you?

If you are going to be up late tonight, I can play after the game. Or wait until tomorrow night.

Slo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tournament up, sign in now! first 16 to get in are in... sorry, there is no option for anything above 16 but below 32... and i dont think we can get 32 GA'ers in on this.

name: Gaf 1
pass: Kbar

Willco, here you go.

Slo

dskillzhtown said:
If you are going to be up late tonight, I can play after the game. Or wait until tomorrow night.

Either is good. I'll try to sign on after the Vikes crush the Cards tonight and see if you're around.

Drey1082

Matrix said:
I got Drey1082 and the mighty Packers...Im going to be out fast :(

GO TEXANS!

Drey I sent you a friend request,just post here when you want to play.

I'm gonna go out for lunch today, but i should be back sometime in the afternoon (4 or so). I wish I could tell you a definite time, but i'm not sure. I'll get on when i get home and give you a PM saying when i'll be around.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Willco said:
Where in the online options do I sign in?

I think the tourney is already full anyway.

But all you have to do is go to Game Modes and then Online Events. Then search for gaf1.

Fifty

Willco said:
Fan-fucking-tastic. MAYBE NEXT TIME PEOPLE SHOULD POST DIRECTIONS. Goddamit.

Funny how you're the only one who had problems. "Game modes>Online events>Join a tournament" It wasn't that well-hidden :p

hgplayer1

awww damn I just logged in and saw Ramirez, sent him a message and then he logs off.

theres a reason those Steelers unis have yellow in them

BOCK BOCK BOCKKKKKKKKKKK

Maverick

Good game, Fifty.

I don't know if I like 4 min Qs for tournys though. I mean I had to get in the hurry up in the 3rd and it still didnt give me any time.

WHat also sucked was that on that flee flicker pick, I threw it to B.....well, for some reason, brady turns around and throws it to X, who is in coverage. Bam......

Oh well, I thought I played well.

And see? Running is definitely possible in Madden 05, haters. 164 for Lewis.

EDIT: Shit, I can't believe i'm out of this tourny already. I was havin fun. Now it's back to the shitty ESPN league. :(

hgplayer1

Maverick said:
Good game, Fifty.

I don't know if I like 4 min Qs for tournys though. I mean I had to get in the hurry up in the 3rd and it still didnt give me any time.

WHat also sucked was that on that flee flicker pick, I threw it to B.....well, for some reason, brady turns around and throws it to X, who is in coverage. Bam......

Oh well, I thought I played well.

And see? Running is definitely possible in Madden 05, haters. 164 for Lewis.

EDIT: Shit, I can't believe i'm out of this tourny already. I was havin fun. Now it's back to the shitty ESPN league. :(

yeah I was gonna ask if the quarter lengths could be bumped up for tourneys and seasons because I hate how rushed the games feel when its at 4. by the time i thought to ask about it the tourney was already up.

Fifty

Yes, good game. That initial drive of yours(Where I couldn't stop ANYTHING) took over 1 QTR. I wish they were a bit longer, but if this is what it takes for them to be ranked then I guess we'll have to stick by this. We did score over 40 points (although my runs and the INT were very quick scores)... You owned me with most of your passes. I wish we weren't in the same bracket to open the tournament, I know you'll come back and kick some ass in the second one! It could have gone either way.

Maverick

Funny thing is, I had this really nice, long drive that spanned literally a quarter and a minute into the second, and then it comes back to bite me in the ass because he scores within the first 30 seconds of his drive, then i throw that goddamn pick and i'm behind.

:( Doh.

Fifty

Heh, since I use the Ravens I rely on the blitz quite often, but since you went 5 wide almost every play, I really spare a man for the blitz. The stats show you as blitzing 12 times, and I blitzed only 3 ;o

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Drey just want you to know,Im ready to play anytime now.

hgplayer1

warning to all my future opponents..........get the women and children out of the room....this game makes me swear like a sailor.

good game ramirez

Ramirez

Hey Bog I just caught this...

Watch out. If you make him too mad, he'll just quit.

Zing!

WTF are you talking about?Never quit on anyone here...unless your talking about the league,which Im sure everyone is on the brink of quitting,and Im sure you would too if none of your games ever recorded.

And yea HG,good game.

Matrix

Its amazing that the espn league is still going,roofles everyone but Konex is going to drop from it soon :p

Top Bottom