Rapid Response Threadmaker
There's already an achievement point score and a reaction (likes, etc.) system.I say a kudos or rep system would be good because forum heavyweights like myself, that has been a loyal Gaf user for going on 7 years, should be elevated somewhat above the riff raff.
What I'm saying is all posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others (to use a wise quote from Mahatma Gandhi).
So I would propose the following, should a rep system be integrated:
- Members of 1 year start with 100 rep to their name
- Members of 2 years are given 200
- Members of 3 years are given, believe it or not, 300 rep points.
- And so on
These points are base and then you can gain more by receiving rep from other members.
Now to give the rep system weight, perhaps the following should be integrated:
- Users of 6 years or more should be give a tag, something like 'Heavy hitter poster' automatically, or choose from a list of similar titles (like 'Better listen to this guy')
- 6 years time served members are given admin powers like the ability to randomly change thread titles or, have powers to *reduce rep of other members that are in their ignore list *you'd have to put the poster in your ignore list before nerfing their rep, this ensures such a mechanic not abused.
- Other perks that make them feel priveleged or get a sense of lording it over the peons
Having six years in doesn't mean you are a good poster.