• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF: The type of girl you'd marry would be like..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Fersis said:
Eva Green, Monica Belucci, Melanie Laurent

Those are the kind of girls i like.
(So yeah, im good with any cute brunette girl)
Sadly, these girls are usually too cute or beautiful for me. Being ugly sucks :mad:
You and me both. It is nice to want things though....

2nr2gq9.jpg

I wish I had taken French instead of Spanish sometimes.

Topher said:
You and me both. It is nice to want things though....

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nr2gq9.jpg[IMG]

I wish I had taken French instead of Spanish sometimes.[/QUOTE]

"Voulez vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?"

All you need to know.

"Je ne sais que parler un peu de francais. Parles-tu anglais?"

Might be helpful too.

Medalion

Banned
She'd ideally be younger than myself, sweet, kind, just a little shy but not terribly so, has enough of a darkside to catch up with me, a sense of humor, genuinely fun to be with, similar interests in where it counts the most to me not everything has to be the same, enough of her own interests so that we may enjoy something new in each other, trustworthy and reliable, not a cheater, can more or less read me in what I say and not say to her, not stubborn, a good debater and open to new ideas even if she doesn't always agree with them, has morals/values similar to my own. clever and ineresting, loves music especially guitar, more than likely a brunette or black hair, she has to be very cute, very cute face, lovely eyes, lovely smile, beautiful shiny soft silky hair, generally on the thinner side, shorter than me, soft to the touch, beautiful hands, good hygiene but not super super obsessed with looks, smells nice, very feminin but not sickenly so, is reasonably technologically literate, enjoys fiction, enjoys being practical at the sametime, know when to give distance and receive distance for the sake of relationship.

God that's a laundry list of things for the perfect girl. So yeah, will never ever be with a girl like that if one xists that isn't taken.

ATF487

-brunette/black haired
-relatively tall for a woman (though a few inches shorter)
-witty
-has interest in music
-not a prude, but not a slut either
-could put up with me for long periods of time

basically this:

16kzy0w.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hmmm I can't say. The girl I was going to marry was everything I ever wanted, but sometimes that's not as good as you may think. Sometimes you realize that everything that you've ever wanted isn't really what you wanted, but only what you thought you did or were told.

The girl I'm going to marry someday will be a good mix of everything I can't stand, but also have stuff I absolutely love about her and I'll know it's right when there is no question about the person standing by my side is the one I really love.

If you want a less mushy answer:
2uqhkiw.jpg

She's an absolute sweetheart.

i want a girl who's mature(doesn't play stupid dating games, just honest), has a job, brunette, light skin(tan-ish),down to earth, able to take my sarcasm, a sense of humor(i like to laugh) a healthy sexual appetite and faithful

a french girl who owns a bakery doesn't sound so bad

JaseMath

Ellen Page...?
Aside from being gorgeous, from what I've see of her on TV, she has this very laid back, kinda dorky, don't-fucking-bother-me thing going for her. Sexy.

I saw her on Ellen and she was nerding out about saving the environment!

ellen-page-2.jpg

MojoRisin

ATF487 said:
-brunette/black haired
-relatively tall for a woman (though a few inches shorter)
-witty
-has interest in music
-not a prude, but not a slut either
-could put up with me for long periods of time

basically this:

16kzy0w.jpg
Oh my Jesus.

I struggled with the idea of quoting this post in agreement because I hate your avatar so much but my love for Zooey far outweighs my hate for Tom Brady.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Meus Renaissance said:
. My opinion is that most warm-blooded males fantasise about having a Shakira for a girlfriend but a completely different type of girl for a wife
I'd actually like the wife girl for a girlfriend, which makes finding a decent girlfriend rather hard at my age.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
All of you guys with photos of celebrity... :lol

Personally, my rule of thumb is to ask what I can offer to my partner first before asking what my partner can offer me.

Boogie

NetMapel said:
Personally, my rule of thumb is to ask what I can offer to my partner first before asking what my partner can offer me.

Yeah, but you're Asian, so...

oh yeah, going to hell for that one...

NetMapel

Boogie said:
I didn't say it was bad, necessarily...
Too late for you to re-word what you said. It's pretty obvious what you meant and it's very sad to hear it from a RCMP officer :p

Boogie

NetMapel said:
Too late for you to re-word what you said. It's pretty obvious what you meant and it's very sad to hear it from a RCMP officer :p

and so you have resorted to the level of discourse of the cbcnews.ca comment boards. That's even more sad...

ReiGun

Brunette, kind, somewhat childish like myself, but able to be mature when necessary, doesnt need to share my interests but at least respects them, nice ass, can put up with me, takes pleasure in my oddities.

Wish I had a pic of a famous person to show...

NetMapel

Boogie said:
and so you have resorted to the level of discourse of the cbcnews.ca comment boards. That's even more sad...
Umm... ok :lol Keep trying to salvage yourself.

ATF487

MojoRisin said:
Oh my Jesus.

I struggled with the idea of quoting this post in agreement because I hate your avatar so much but my love for Zooey far outweighs my hate for Tom Brady.

:lol

At least we can agree on her and Arrested Development.

baultista

Banned
Ben%20Gibbard.jpg

The fact that Zooey's married to this man both angers me and reminds me that there's much more to the game than just looks.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
Boogie said:

That is the most insulting thing you could possibly say :lol.
I truly wonder where the people on those boards come from.... surely not my Canada.

Madrin

Mature, smart, bubbly, compassionate, good sense of humor. I don't ask for much, and yet I have never once met a girl who sufficiently met these criteria.

Oh, and I like how this thread has completely strayed from its original topic. :lol

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Cheshire said:
It's unnerving for me as a female to see so many celeb pics....
Tell me about it. I didn't realize it was so engraved into people's minds.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
A kind girl who can have a laugh over anything and has similar taste in music to mine = win.

I usually end up dating weirdos who have no sense of humor and listen to crap music, though. That = not so win.

Rhino

Oh how I wish I could break out of my "comfort" zone so to speak when it comes to women but there are just certain features that make me *swoon*

- Cute face
- Red hair
- A kind heart
- Goofy
- Caring
- Values and understands me.
- Kinda tomboyish

And to fit with the rest of GAF who misread this thread as
"The type of celebrity you'd marry would be like".

michelle_rodriguez21_jpg.jpg

<3 Michelle Rodriguez

Jay Sosa

Not only based on looks but also on character:

Kristen Bell in Veronica Mars and Nora Tschirner (she seems to be a lot of fun to be around)

veronica-mars.jpg

86311_40a7ad27e4.jpg

:lol @ people who say they want a smart, sincere, simple, loyal, witty wife and then post a pic of celebrity. :lol You guys are the equivalent of women who want a rich, powerful, and handsome husband who will also snuggle, do housework, and not cheat on them.

You basically claim to want a nice, sincere, real woman then you post the fakest and most superficial portrayal of beauty as your ideal :lol The OP asked the differences between your girlfriend and your wife material. You guys mention all these noble virtues and then [insert pic of hot chick]. Clearly you guys missed the point of the OP...

Anyway, I want my daughter (I actually have one) to be smart, respectable and witty, and a nun when it comes to her sex life.

As for wife material, I'm already married but I will say having a checkbox of qualities is pretty pointless. When you find the right one, she may only match 3/10 items on your little checklist but she could still be the perfect girl for you. Sometimes it's the differences that makes life interesting. For example, having a wife with a high IQ might sound good on paper, but she may end up being overly critical of your every move or just not know how to turn off her brain sometimes and enjoy life for a bit.

But a general good test for wife material is:
- Can you take her home to mother?
- Will she not sleep with your brother?
- Would she make a good mother?
- Can she be around your friends or at least accept them?
- Does she satisfy you physically?
- If she loses her looks, would you still enjoy being around her?
- Do you trust her with your life?

It doesn't matter if she's smart, dumb, sincere, fake, shy, outgoing, or whatever. The list above is the basic qualities she needs to have to be considered wife material.

baultista

Banned
Cheshire said:
Yes, but for the most part the ones posted aren't the ones who have sculpted themselves to perfection via botox injections, breast implants, plastic surgeries, and all of that nonsense. It's not like every dude has come in here posting Megan Fox (though a few have mentioned her).

This thread was meant to be more of a discussion on whether or not there'd be similarities between your daughter and the woman you'd want to marry, not posting random pictures of women you'd like.

Jay Sosa

Cheshire said:

Maybe thats because their pictures are far more easy to find?

Besides I know that I'll never ever pull a girl that looks anywhere as good as the ones I posted, so don't worry I'm not delusional or think that all regular girl should/have to look as good as them, I'm just bored at work..

Plus I haven't read the OP, shame on me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom